image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 205.
#8551 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check what coils the fuse protects. Start there. Bad coil ? Coil lugs close to metal and shorting ? Start with the auto launch coil, see if it's lugs hit the lockdown bar receiver when in the game and check the base of the coil for burns or problem with the windings.
LTG : )

I think I may have gotten the wrong fuse. I used one of these 6.3A 20mm fuses I bought from Pinball Life. Is the fact that the one I used is rated to 125V a problem, instead of the 250V indicated in the manual’s fuse list (on page 1-57)?

BFEDB840-9665-484D-BF5E-6926450AD08C (resized).jpegBFEDB840-9665-484D-BF5E-6926450AD08C (resized).jpegCDAB7383-1E62-4FDB-B50D-AE4548A9F575 (resized).jpegCDAB7383-1E62-4FDB-B50D-AE4548A9F575 (resized).jpeg
#8552 2 years ago
Quoted from broada:

I think I may have gotten the wrong fuse. I used one of these 6.3A 20mm fuses I bought from Pinball Life. Is the fact that the one I used is rated to 125V a problem, instead of the 250V indicated in the manual’s fuse list (on page 1-57)? [quoted image][quoted image]

The current (A) rating is what is critical here. You can use either a 125v or 250v in a 110v application, but not the reverse. It is indeed a slow blow fuse. You can check out the data sheet here:

"GMC-6.3-R Bussmann / Eaton | Mouser" https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bussmann-Eaton/GMC-63-R?qs=9GX7soZQXxHVQQ8G3UlEFw%3D%3D

#8553 2 years ago

Having same speaker issue. If I changed the wires at the left speaker itself, what is the correct configuration?

#8554 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

what is the correct configuration?

See post 8527

#8555 2 years ago

If I understand correctly, I have to swap the grey and grey yellow wires. At the speaker g and gb are on neg and gy is on pos.

#8556 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

If I understand correctly, I have to swap the grey and grey yellow wires. At the speaker g and gb are on neg and gy is on pos.

I removed them all from the molex connector and and plugged them in first to confirm it worked then reseated into the molex

#8557 2 years ago

Ok that was easier than I thought. Had to Google how molex connectors work lol.

#8558 2 years ago

So after upgrading the display to the XL version I am getting horizontal lines randomly flashing across the display. At least I haven't noticed a pattern yet. I opened a ticket with Chicago gaming but has anyone dealt with this problem before?

#8559 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

So after upgrading the display to the XL version I am getting horizontal lines randomly flashing across the display. At least I haven't noticed a pattern yet. I opened a ticket with Chicago gaming but has anyone dealt with this problem before?

Do you have a color chip?
Did you update your MMr to the newest code?

Have you checked the cables are seated firmly? (top of the beagle bone is a micro hdmi that then runs to the display and is converted to dvi. make sure all those are tight and the dvi adapter is screwed down.

#8560 2 years ago

Is there a thread or talk anywhere of putting the XL display on a "classic" remake (any of them)?

I opened mine up today and similar to the Arcade 1up arcades, it is a basic video conversion box that takes inputs to the lcd panel plug. I have never seen the baords/plugs used on a classic version of the game, but since they use lcd's this upgrade to a XL should be pretty simple.....

#8561 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is there a thread or talk anywhere of putting the XL display on a "classic" remake (any of them)?
I opened mine up today and similar to the Arcade 1up arcades, it is a basic video conversion box that takes inputs to the lcd panel plug. I have never seen the baords/plugs used on a classic version of the game, but since they use lcd's this upgrade to a XL should be pretty simple.....

I upgraded a 2015 LE to the XL display - I had to upgrade the firmware in order for it to work correctly. I only had mono color so I bought the color chip now it all works as expected.

I would defiantly update the firmware before install.

Pinball supernova has a great install video

#8562 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I upgraded my Classic a Feb 2020 build. It was really easy. It was basically a MMr Royal cabinet and wiring. For the topper I just had to pop out the plugs and install the topper. All the holes were already there. Even the pop bumpers I just had to swap the LEDs in each for a RGB led. I did do the firmware update before starting. I can't remember which kits had the sd cards but the first one wasn't the latest firmware. When I tried the second SD card it was correct.

#8563 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I would defiantly update the firmware before install.

F you MMR, I’m updating the firmware!!

1 week later
#8564 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I did it with mine some weeks ago, very simple - but I had to do some adjustments as some things in the manual did not match my game. Still very simple.

#8565 2 years ago

I don't know if the original also has this problem, but after my castle gate broke and it got the 'castle gate stuck' error, it would not clear the error message. The manual states that after two successfull tests it should clear it, but after numerous successfull ones it still would show the error. The fix was very simple: you have to play a game and then it will clear it. Thought maybe someone would find this useful, as I was scratching my head yesterday when the error message would not clear

#8566 2 years ago

Lords, ladies and peasants (I am a peasant) I would like some help with a couple things on my 2015 MMr. First is that the left upper Joust switch doesn’t register when playing due to the ball barely coming into contact with the switch. If its not a clean shot, sometimes it will register. Has anyone bent this switch so it will get activated? Second, my right lower flasher above the merlin targets doesnt work. New bulb and connection seem solid. It’s possible that its a cold solder joint on the board, but I really dont want to pull that board off. Thoughts? I can live without the flasher, but need the left orbit to work so I dont have to always hit the Joust from the right.

#8567 2 years ago

I've searched the thread, and haven't found a good solution. When attempting the skill shot launch, the ball is sent very close to STDM. I can just hit it with the tip of the left flipper. This post has the appearance of having adjustment by the playfield, but it's just a single, tight hole. Reducing the solenoid strength helps a slight bit, but still not enough to move it towards having the ability to live catch or get a clean shot.

20210702_194019 (resized).jpg20210702_194019 (resized).jpg
#8568 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I've searched the thread, and haven't found a good solution. When attempting the skill shot launch, the ball is sent very close to STDM. I can just hit it with the tip of the left flipper. This post has the appearance of having adjustment by the playfield, but it's just a single, tight hole. Reducing the solenoid strength helps a slight bit, but still not enough to move it towards having the ability to live catch or get a clean shot.
[quoted image]

Are you sure its level from right to left? That could cause it to be more to the center than left flipper. What is your pitch front to back?

#8569 2 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Are you sure its level from right to left? That could cause it to be more to the center than left flipper. What is your pitch front to back?

It is level, and at 6.5°

#8570 2 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Has anyone bent this switch so it will get activated?

Yes.

First be sure it is centered in the slot in the playfield so it isn't rubbing/dragging going up or down.

You can bend the arm of the switch up a tiny bit. Almost an art to it. So it works, yet doesn't trap the ball.

See the picture. Adjust where the black arrows point. Ignore red and white arrows. Yellow arrow points to tiny knob the arm pushes up and down in the switch body. Don't mess with it's action.

switchadjust (resized).JPGswitchadjust (resized).JPG
#8571 2 years ago

Nearly 2 years after I let the #1 ranked game of all time leave my collection, for some reason, I finally brought it back just in time for my son to storm the castle. This quickly became his favorite.

A953940E-1BE7-45DD-98C9-5B8B8140A107 (resized).jpegA953940E-1BE7-45DD-98C9-5B8B8140A107 (resized).jpegFF8BCB14-3FBB-4EAB-8480-3CECE5DECEB4 (resized).jpegFF8BCB14-3FBB-4EAB-8480-3CECE5DECEB4 (resized).jpeg
#8572 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.
First be sure it is centered in the slot in the playfield so it isn't rubbing/dragging going up or down.
You can bend the arm of the switch up a tiny bit. Almost an art to it. So it works, yet doesn't trap the ball.
See the picture. Adjust where the black arrows point. Ignore red and white arrows. Yellow arrow points to tiny knob the arm pushes up and down in the switch body. Don't mess with it's action.
[quoted image]

Thanks as always Loyd! I guess it just got bent down a little after all the plays. Its now working properly again.

#8573 2 years ago

Follow up to my issue with the skill shot:

I consulted with @LTG, and he agreed the best course of action was to move the end of the guide a bit. I thought I'd try a thinner post rubber to start, and it was enough. As you can see in the photos, the factory post held the guide off of the metal bushing at the base. The Stern sized replacement does not. I can now control the ball on the skill shot.

20210702_194019 (resized).jpg20210702_194019 (resized).jpg20210705_164052 (resized).jpg20210705_164052 (resized).jpg
#8574 2 years ago

Hey all,

Question for help please. I purchased a 3D MM translite and it won't fit the WPC95 channel for the MMRLE I have. I have searched and cannot find the specific channel people ended up using to get this to work. I also reached out to a fellow pinsider and they could not remember the specific place they got it from but they did state it worked. It appears the dimensions need to be 1/4 channel versus 3/16. This would be 1/8 glass, 1/16 translite and 1/16 light box. I did a search from the "usual vendors" and could not find a 1/4 width channel. Can anyone lead me to the appropriate channel trim that would work? Thank you so much!

Dave

#8575 2 years ago

So is there any final adjustment to keep balls from bouncing out of Merlin hole? I have the same problem. 3/4 of the shots bounce out which is very frustrating when you are trying to claim the extra ball.

Thanks!!

Richard

Quoted from Paulatron:

I have had a 2020 build mmr se for a couple of weeks now and have spent a little bit of time sorting some minor issues.
Adjusted the low hanging flippers level with the lane guides and playfield indents, so it now shoots well. The rh flipper was super sensitive with a finger just touching it without pressing triggering a flip. It also started sticking up occasionally during gameplay. The problem was the proximity to the opto, so I added a thin plastic shim (about 1mm) between the opto board mounting frame and the cabinet to bring it closer to the opto trigger piece. Sorted.
Adjusted the rh rail to stop the ball hanging behind the troll. Last night I also added a thin 2mm strip of plastic, double sided taped to the rear of the back of the rh troll guide as a ball hung a couple of times at the back of the troll hole between the mylar and the troll hole on the inner side of the playfield, when the troll was up. This now ensures the ball does not stick in the groove and just rolls off the back of the troll in to play. It only did this twice and shook out easily, but resulted in a tilt warning and a SDTM. A more permanent solution may be to remove the mechanism and bend the metal guide up a bit.
The damsel ball release up post was also sticking sometimes which required a slight adjustment (bend) on the solenoid bracket. Now works 100%.
All minor stuff with easy fixes.
A couple of other things i have yet to attend are occasionally the optos do not register a castle shot. Generally the next hit registers, and an odd occasional noise from the sound system. Any tips?
Also, the game came with cliffys installed, but the previous owner did not fit the merlin hole carbon protector, citing he had heard it makes it harder to get the ball in the hole. Does anyone have one of these fitted, and if so, how does it affect gameplay?
Also on the merlin hole, I have experienced the ball bouncing out as documented in the NIB fix thread. I added a piece of thin foam tape and have adjusted the scoop and it seems to be a speed thing, a slower ball or a bounce in stays put, while a faster ball shot from the left flipper can bounce out. I might try removing and lowering the mechanism with washers as has been suggested.
I have put almost 200 games on this and can see why it is so highly rated. Flows really well ,great toys, and the rules result in multiballs galore. Sure is pretty too, with the rgb lighting enhancements and large colour display.
Last night i got to battle for the kingdom but bombed one shot short of finishing.

#8576 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

So is there any final adjustment to keep balls from bouncing out of Merlin hole? I have the same problem. 3/4 of the shots bounce out which is very frustrating when you are trying to claim the extra ball.
Thanks!!
Richard

A little foam did me wonders.

Fast shots still usually bounce out, but normal and slower shots almost always are successful.

#8577 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Fast shots still usually bounce out, but normal and slower shots almost always are successful.

yup came to suggest adding a little foam to that metal angle piece. Easier than adjusting/bending the metal

#8578 2 years ago

Just a piece of normal target foam? Or is there something better to add to the Merlin scoop?

#8579 2 years ago

I used simple leftover sticky back foam from winterizing my house the year before.

#8580 2 years ago

beer seal, target foam, window/door insulation, kind of all the same just different size/squish/stick

#8581 2 years ago

Any chance someone has an uninstalled RGB Lighting Kit for an MMR that they'd be willing to part with? I had one ordered and it ended up getting cancelled. Thanks!

#8582 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmwdrummer:

Any chance someone has an uninstalled RGB Lighting Kit for an MMR that they'd be willing to part with?

Check with KingPinGames he recently posted he had one of each kit, didn't want to break them up. But somebody was looking for one of the three and he might split them up.

#8583 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But somebody was looking for one of the three and he might split them up.

Sorry. That person was looking for the RGB kit too.

#8584 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sorry. That person was looking for the RGB kit too.

All good thank you for trying!

#8585 2 years ago

How thick is the foam that you used? I tried thin (~1/16" thick) and that did not help much.
Did you put it on the whole 90 degree arc? Or just the more vertical part where the ball would impact?

Thanks so much for your advice!

Quoted from Oaken:

#8586 2 years ago
Quoted from rhampo:

How thick is the foam that you used? I tried thin (~1/16" thick) and that did not help much.
Did you put it on the whole 90 degree arc? Or just the more vertical part where the ball would impact?
Thanks so much for your advice!

I defiantly need this also

#8587 2 years ago

The problem is the bracket is made out of way too thin of metal. You can see this by bending it down slightly and shot is now good for a few games till it bends back. The best solution is to buy the Mantis assembly. It's made from stainless and won't bend like the factory one.

#8588 2 years ago

I'm not familiar with that part - do you have a link to it? Is it something that is in continuous production or made in batch and sold out?

Thanks very much!

Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The problem is the bracket is made out of way too thin of metal. You can see this by bending it down slightly and shot is now good for a few games till it bends back. The best solution is to buy the Mantis assembly. It's made from stainless and won't bend like the factory one.

#8590 2 years ago

Never mind - I found it pretty quickly. Should have looked harder before I posted
https://mantispinball.com/product/medieval-madness-merlin-scoop/

So just to be clear - when you replaced with the SS scoop, you didn't need foam? Did you need to adjust (bend) the new scoop before you got consistent captures? Do you get 100% or 90% or ??%?

Just want to make sure the $61 is worth it compared to foam solution.

Thanks for the valuable advice!

Best Regards,
Richard

#8591 2 years ago

This game is just awesome. Having so much fun adding mods and a little bling to it. I’m considering a midnight blue candy/powder coat also. I’m adding the LED strips behind the castle tomorrow. I added speaker lights today, but need to adjust them so the wire isn’t showing. Still looks fantastic. I love the wizard mod with the blue crystal ball in his hand. So many cool mods for an already loaded game!

E809A998-C056-4771-AAD3-D6786CF28341 (resized).jpegE809A998-C056-4771-AAD3-D6786CF28341 (resized).jpegEE0E83EA-00F8-4C1F-8897-D716629E1899 (resized).jpegEE0E83EA-00F8-4C1F-8897-D716629E1899 (resized).jpegC23A44E6-31CE-4B79-BEA1-2A63B2915162 (resized).jpegC23A44E6-31CE-4B79-BEA1-2A63B2915162 (resized).jpeg
#8592 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Having so much fun adding mods

Get the XL display! It's beyond awesome.

#8593 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

This game is just awesome. Having so much fun adding mods and a little bling to it. I’m considering a midnight blue candy/powder coat also. I’m adding the LED strips behind the castle tomorrow. I added speaker lights today, but need to adjust them so the wire isn’t showing. Still looks fantastic. I love the wizard mod with the blue crystal ball in his hand. So many cool mods for an already loaded game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

XL display is a must have- also comes with the speakers already lit. The RGB lighting is great too and a pretty fun install. I also did red led troll eyes.

#8594 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

The RGB lighting is great too and a pretty fun install. I also did red led troll eyes.

I regret not doing this when I had the chance. Now the kits are sold out. Apparently CGC won't be making anymore.

#8595 2 years ago

I regret not doing this when I had the chance. Now the kits are sold out. Apparently CGC won't be making anymore.

Hopefully when they do another run of games they will do a few more kits too

#8596 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Hopefully when they do another run of games they will do a few more kits too

That would be great. Definitely a snooze you lose situation for me. Was on the fence way too long.

#8597 2 years ago

The Red Troll eyes is one of my favorite upgrades!!! A must do!

#8598 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

The Red Troll eyes is one of my favorite upgrades!!! A must do!

I bought a set of trolls from planetary for $36 and ordered some 3mm 12v LED’s and wired them directly to the flashers. $40 total to DIY the trolls. Or $4 if you don’t buy and extra set of trolls.

#8599 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I bought a set of trolls from planetary for $36 and ordered some 3mm 12v LED’s and wired them directly to the flashers. $40 total to DIY the trolls. Or $4 if you don’t buy and extra set of trolls.

I did exactly the same thing. I wired them to the respective side flashers as well. With extra set of Trolls you can take your time to do it right. It is not an easy task getting the led's in the trolls but the red eyes add an extra troll meaness factor.

#8600 2 years ago

How hard was it to install the Mantis assembly? and can you report if that fixed the ball from bouncing out of the Merlin hole entirely or around what percentage.. Also are you using any pads to soften the hit or just straight metal from the Mantis piece..

Thanks in advance for this info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.