20211125_113545 (resized).jpg
20211125_113540 (resized).jpg
16356408496008185205300691455766 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4964 (resized).jpg
4C8FDAFC-769B-43C2-9DDA-665D2DFBB7CB.gif

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,880 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 178.
#8351 8 months ago

Not to burst anyone’s bubble. But I picked up an absolutely gorgeous original MM from the original owner who had it in his home the past 24 years. It looks like it just came out of the box. And it plays amazing. The remakes are not the same. AND it cost less than a Royal........I feel like I am in heaven

#8352 8 months ago

You're right. The remakes aren't the same. They're better. I owned the original also and would take CGC's version every time. And you're not bursting my bubble. I hope you enjoy your game. It's all pinball!!!!

#8353 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah, money sounds great but my career is doing well and just knowing I own one; well, it’s a good feeling.

A wise man you are...time will fly, and just to anticipate opening/ playing that thing has got to be awesome!!!

#8354 8 months ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

You're right. The remakes aren't the same. They're better. I owned the original also and would take CGC's version every time. And you're not bursting my bubble. I hope you enjoy your game. It's all pinball!!!!

Definitely agree, especially on this title. The game plays amazing (not sure what the old one did this one can't...I remember a similiar discussion when AFMR came out).

And the total package just is beautiful...tastefully done. A great mix of old and new...just my opinion, but the RE is a jaw dropper to play and just look at sometimes....

#8355 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah, money sounds great but my career is doing well and just knowing I own one; well, it’s a good feeling.

I bought my first run LE with black armour from the first owner last year and as good as new with the box, as you say it’s a great feeling to own one. So glad I bagged it.
This plays as good as the original to me.

#8356 8 months ago

It’s ok. I know thats the main stream thought these days. But really the original plays nicer. I cannot pinpoint what is it, but it just plays better. It’s ok though. Enjoy your remakes. I owned 2 remakes, I was there too. All pinball is good pinball.

#8357 8 months ago

Wacky, I get it.
I’ve played a mint MBR LE and I currently own a mint restored cleared MB. In this case, I truly prefer the feel & play of my Williams MB. I love the enhancements of the MBR LE but I didn’t feel it shot as well as my original. Something was just a bit different.

Now in saying that, I also owned in the past a really nice Williams MM & have played a mint restored original MM; and I can honestly say (IMO), that I prefer the play of my MMR Royal. It just shoots and flows so smoothly & seamlessly.

Like MK6PIN indicated, the Royal is a jaw dropper in person.
However, in any case, both the remake & the original Medieval are both awesome which have stood the test of time.

#8358 8 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Wacky, I get it.
I’ve played a mint MBR LE and I currently own a mint restored cleared MB. In this case, I truly prefer the feel & play of my Williams MB. I love the enhancements of the MBR LE but I didn’t feel it shot as well as my original. Something was just a bit different.
Now in saying that, I also owned in the past a really nice Williams MM & have played a mint restored original MM; and I can honestly say (IMO), that I prefer the play of my MMR Royal. It just shoots and flows so smoothly & seamlessly.
Like MK6PIN indicated, the Royal is a jaw dropper in person.
However, in any case, both the remake & the original Medieval are both awesome which have stood the test of time.

Unfortunately I’ve never played a mint original. Examples I had were beat to shit on location.
Funny thing is I’ve been over many high end collectors homes over the years and just never got around to playing theirs. We spent more time on whatever pin they were on and just talking and drinking. Good times.

#8359 8 months ago

Ive played a few beat up dim originals and it wasn’t until I played a nice original that I really wanted one, remake is miles better than worn out originals for sure.
I waited a while for a nice original but none came up as I have a really nice AFM. Not disappointed with my remake until I open the backbox and lift the playfield Although its very reliable so far.

#8360 8 months ago

If anyone wants , I have a brand new MMR translate. $99 + shipping. PM me

IMG_4440 (resized).jpg
#8361 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Unfortunately I’ve never played a mint original. Examples I had were beat to shit on location.
Funny thing is I’ve been over many high end collectors homes over the years and just never got around to playing theirs. We spent more time on whatever pin they were on and just talking and drinking. Good times.

I have found over the years that most original B/W titles I’ve played, whether on location or at other friends houses, were either pretty beat up or in average condition. IMO when they are restored clear coated examples, these original titles play beautifully.
My cleared mint restored Indy plays so much faster & flawlessly than the original non restored IJ I first owned many years ago.

The MM Royal does offer a stunning package but it’s also the smoothness of the shots. A friend of mine owns a beautiful huo original MM but when playing my Royal, he preferred the feel of the remake. Not to mention, the mode hole seems to work so well.

In the end, it’s still pretty subjective and Medieval Madness is just an amazing pin.

#8362 8 months ago

No two pins play alike guys. Original, remake , standard, restored, survivor, shopped, unshopped, Titans, black rubber, white rubber, setup variances.... there are so many variables.

I’ve had an original and a remake, they played totally different, but were both fun.

#8363 8 months ago

I have a Royal, and I'm considering installing a 3D translite. Saw one in person and liked it. Thoughts/reviews of 3D translite owners? Did you have any issue installing it? Thanks!

#8364 8 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I have a Royal, and I'm considering installing a 3D translite. Saw one in person and liked it. Thoughts/reviews of 3D translite owners? Did you have any issue installing it? Thanks!

I didn’t care for them. Seemed...off a bit. Bit blurry. I bought a mirrored bg from CPR instead. Awesome.

#8365 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

I didn’t care for them. Seemed...off a bit. Bit blurry. I bought a mirrored bg from CPR instead. Awesome.

Oh dang I didn’t realize they did mirrored!

I don’t mine Brian Allen’s trans and blades but it is just so different from the original pf art :/

Mirrored Bg would set it off as “special”

#8366 8 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

What's the most noticeable difference between the original translite and the mirrored...other than being mirrored? I'm not sure what mirroring is in reference to a backglass.

#8367 8 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Love the 3D translight! Mine was already installed but it would be no trouble at all, just like a normal translight only a little thicker.

#8368 8 months ago

Problem with my tower, seems the ball is dropping trough too quickly for the solenoid to stop it. I checked that the switch above the solenoid is working and it is good. Everything seems fine but the ball is falling through there quicker than it used to and I can't see why?

Is the solenoid supposed to trap the ball every tower shot? from memory it does because the tower is only opened up when you save a princess and it's stopped so you can see the animation.

#8369 8 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

What's the most noticeable difference between the original translite and the mirrored...other than being mirrored? I'm not sure what mirroring is in reference to a backglass.

Colors stand out dramatically and even better when it’s off. Like looking at a fresh detail on your favorite car. You just keep turning around to look at it.

#8370 8 months ago

I have the CPR mirrored backglass in mine. It looks incredible. I highly recommend.

#8371 8 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I have the CPR mirrored backglass in mine. It looks incredible. I highly recommend.

Great! Was the swap as easy as removing the black u channel around the frame, exchanging the pieces and reinstalling the u channel?

C19519D5-835B-4E97-9253-D633CCA722FB (resized).jpeg
#8372 8 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Great! Was the swap as easy as removing the black u channel around the frame, exchanging the pieces and reinstalling the u channel?
[quoted image]

In theory yes. I did one on a buddies AFMR tho and it was super tight, but ultimately I got it to fit.

#8373 8 months ago

It was a tight fit but it wasnt bad. The CPR backglass is a little thicker.

Quoted from seah2os:

[quoted image]

#8374 8 months ago
Quoted from Rat:

Is the solenoid supposed to trap the ball every tower shot?

Yes. I'd check that it's position hasn't shifted, or the tower. And parts like the plunger, coil sleeve etc. Are tight and not worn or moving more than needed.

LTG : )

#8375 8 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

[quoted image]

It was on my TZ and IJ. Fit was snug. No problems.

#8376 8 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

It was a tight fit but it wasnt bad. The CPR backglass is a little thicker.

Thinking it measures 3/16 compared to 1/8 in all the games I've replaced. Never tried in my remakes (ordered now though). Did you have to buy the slightly wider channel?

#8377 8 months ago

I didnt buy anything else. I was able to wiggle it on. I know many have bought a system 11 trim kit I think? I believe those are a little wider.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thinking it measures 3/16 compared to 1/8 in all the games I've replaced. Never tried in my remakes (ordered now though). Did you have to buy the slightly wider channel?

#8378 8 months ago

Folks
Anyone heard anything from CGC on Scorbit support - all my games now have support except my three remakes and its a shame as challenging my buddies over Scorbit on GNR and avengers IQ is awesome. I mailed CGC but no reply.
Neil

#8379 8 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks
Anyone heard anything from CGC on Scorbit support - all my games now have support except my three remakes and its a shame as challenging my buddies over Scorbit on GNR and avengers IQ is awesome. I mailed CGC but no reply.
Neil

never heard of this before. It looks fun!

#8380 8 months ago

its fantastic, built into JJP games (Wonka and GNR but coming to all games) and support for SAM Spike, WPC and even classic bally and stern's. only games I have now without support are my three CGC games. Finally there might be a reason to have originals

#8381 8 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ts fantastic, built into JJP games (Wonka and GNR but coming to all games) and support for SAM Spike, WPC and even classic bally and stern's.

I just checked this out, looks like a simple install; I'm going to add my STTNG, TZ for sure and may look into adding LOTR, and Aerosmith as well.

#8382 8 months ago

Cool - its easy but its fantastic!

#8383 8 months ago

We love the support folks! We're selling out a bit faster than we anticipated, so at this point we are now backordered until April. We're speeding up production with our manufacturer and we'll avoid this happening again. More info in the Scorbit thread.

#8384 8 months ago

Hey folks....I’ve owned my MMR LE for just a couple of months and love it. I just finished doing the XL display upgrade, the rgb kit install, and added the color chip. It’s AMAZING...the difference.

I do have a question though.....is there a market out there for selling the original DMD display/speakers? I hate to just store a perfectly good DMD display, but then again, not giving it away either.

Opinions/recommendations/thoughts???

376C9FA0-67C8-49B7-88E2-CE861F1C9059 (resized).jpeg3FC9F49A-F1EC-4CD9-A6E5-25E66E57F1CC (resized).jpeg
#8385 8 months ago
Quoted from DarthFett72:

Hey folks....I’ve owned my MMR LE for just a couple of months and love it. I just finished doing the XL display upgrade, the rgb kit install, and added the color chip. It’s AMAZING...the difference.
I do have a question though.....is there a market out there for selling the original DMD display/speakers? I hate to just store a perfectly good DMD display, but then again, not giving it away either.
Opinions/recommendations/thoughts???[quoted image][quoted image]

I have one as well... Sounds like there may be some use for these in a VPin or as a replacement for other CGC MMR owners in need... but besides that not too much.

#8386 8 months ago
Quoted from DarthFett72:

Quoted from gunstarhero:

I have one as well... Sounds like there may be some use for these in a VPin or as a replacement for other CGC MMR owners in need... but besides that not too much.

Yes, the vpin people can use this as the display is dvi/hdmi and being in a standard speaker panel may help some out. Otherwise the display alone could be refit to a new speaker panel as a bigger lcd.

#8387 8 months ago
Quoted from DarthFett72:

Where were you able to find the rgb kit?

#8388 8 months ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Where were you able to find the rgb kit?

Little Shop of Games is where I ordered it. Looks like they are out of stock now.
I do see nitro pinball has it in stock.
https://nitropinball.com/products/mmr-rgb-general-illumination-upgrade-kit

#8389 8 months ago

Seems like alot of vendors are running out of the rgb kit.

#8390 8 months ago

Got my pops tied into my rgb kit. Took a few hours but it lights up the playfield alot.

Ended up using spare gi bulbs thought I got from pps. The rgb strips or little pcb disk didn't have enough power to make the blue brite. Red and green were fine.

20210328_135612 (resized).jpg20210328_135619 (resized).jpg20210328_135625 (resized).jpg20210328_135633 (resized).jpg
#8391 8 months ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I have retrofitted 4 plastic protectors. In 2 places (behind Merlin, at the catapult) other screws have to be put on the playfield. (see picture); I got these from a German store.[quoted image]

Thanks for the info. Can you supply a name/part number or length of the post screw that you purchased?

#8392 8 months ago

I’m looking into the XL display, RGB lighting and King of Payne topper for my MMR LE. I see those for sale but I don’t see anyone selling the control board. Is that included with the XL display or one of the other upgrades ?

#8393 8 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I’m looking into the XL display, RGB lighting and King of Payne topper for my MMR LE. I see those for sale but I don’t see anyone selling the control board. Is that included with the XL display or one of the other upgrades ?

Yes the boards are included with the kits.

#8394 8 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Yes the boards are included with the kits.

They come with topper and RGB light kit. Not needed for the XL display

#8395 8 months ago

My mirrored backglass arrived from CPR and it is awesome! However, I tried for two hours to get the original trim to snap on, with no luck. Channel is fairly new, less than one year. Thickness is going from original 1/8” to 3/16”. Tried blow dryer to warm it up, plus ran soap down the channel, didn’t work. I can get the end to snap on, but the light housing tub keeps moving back when I get to the middle. This is on a Royal, and I know others have done it to their MM. What’s the trick? Thanks!

#8396 8 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

My mirrored backglass arrived from CPR and it is awesome! However, I tried for two hours to get the original trim to snap on, with no luck. Channel is fairly new, less than one year. Thickness is going from original 1/8” to 3/16”. Tried blow dryer to warm it up, plus ran soap down the channel, didn’t work. I can get the end to snap on, but the light housing tub keeps moving back when I get to the middle. This is on a Royal, and I know others have done it to their MM. What’s the trick? Thanks!

I had a hell of a time getting one on my buddies AFMR... it did ultimately go on but it was very very tight, feels like a larger channel would be ideal.

#8398 8 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I posted this a year ago and people just told me to F off and said they weren’t designed for the remakes. I asked CPR about it and they told me to F off too. So I smashed them all and gave up. Pile of shit.

#8399 8 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I posted this a year ago and people just told me to F off and said they weren’t designed for the remakes. I asked CPR about it and they told me to F off too. So I smashed them all and gave up. Pile of shit.

So you were never able to get it installed?!

#8400 8 months ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Thanks for the info. Can you supply a name/part number or length of the post screw that you purchased?

it is this one: https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=1669779033

There are 8,880 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside