image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 205.
#8301 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Round 2032 near top center of little board in the head. Holder and battery may need cleaning.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd...will do

#8302 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So MMrRE newbie here.....confess I just opened the box, set it up, usual adjustments, and playing the crap out of this thing for the past couple weeks. Got the dreaded dot this evening, stating I needed to set date and time. Simply went into menu and addressed. All my scores, etc. stayed intact.
Rebooted and everything seems to work and no dot. Haven't even opened the manual yet. Is there a battery in here or something that might have just worked loose (?).
Will read schematics tomorrow, but I've been back at fixing my WCS for too long today (had to step away as I was tempted to set that damn game on fire), so hoping something easy.
Apologies if already covered somewhere.....thx

I had issues with the clock, every day the date and time wasnt correct after power off over night.
As Llloyd said, cleaining the battery slot and replacing the CR2032 might help.
I coudn´t solved the prob with cleaning. My clock works now perfect after reinstalling the SW3.0 (same version as before, same sd card, no idea why).

#8303 3 years ago

Hi,

I would like to change the 4 post sleeves at the ramp entrance (Peasant, Damsel).
What do I have to dismount that I can pull off the rubbers? Are the two small screws at the ramp entrance only, or must be unscrewed more?
Thanks

#8304 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Hi,
I would like to change the 4 post sleeves at the ramp entrance (Peasant, Damsel).
What do I have to dismount that I can pull off the rubbers? Are the two small screws at the ramp entrance only, or must be unscrewed more?
Thanks

You could just take off the ramp guard on both sides of the ramps. I don't think you have to remove the ramp.

#8305 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

You could just take off the ramp guard on both sides of the ramps. I don't think you have to remove the ramp.

I tried, but the ramp sides are fixed, so only to remove the screw on top of the post sleeves was not succesful.

#8306 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I tried, but the ramp sides are fixed, so only to remove the screw on top of the post sleeves was not succesful.

Thought they were held on by 2 screws( post and on on the ramp) You can remove the 2 tiny wood screws that hold the ramp down. Might give you enough to move the ramp up. If not you might have to remove the whole ramp

#8307 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Remove the screws on top of the post sleeve and the two small screws holding the plastic ramp down. Then you can lift the ramp up enough to change the post sleeves.

#8308 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Remove the screws on top of the post sleeve and the two small screws holding the plastic ramp down. Then you can lift the ramp up enough to change the post sleeves.

merci,
I had suspected that, but had not yet dared.

#8309 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. Round 2032 near top center of little board in the head. Holder and battery may need cleaning.

Definitely a gunky battery... cleaned and replace w lithium...suspect that cures it....thanks to LTG and neverahighscore for insight!!

#8310 3 years ago

Has anyone installed Pinstadium Fusion or similar in a MMR with the RGB upgrade? Was curious if the Pinstadiums diminish the effects of the upgraded lighting.

#8311 3 years ago

Anyone found a solution to external volume control?

#8312 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

Anyone found a solution to external volume control?

Pinnovators just came out with a master volume control that installs in the bill acceptor plate.

#8313 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Has anyone installed Pinstadium Fusion or similar in a MMR with the RGB upgrade? Was curious if the Pinstadiums diminish the effects of the upgraded lighting.

I have PinStadium Neos on a MMRrRE, and it does not diminish the RGB on the field at all. Depending on how you would set up the fusions, I don’t think it would affect the RGB.

#8314 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Definitely a gunky battery... cleaned and replace w lithium...suspect that cures it....thanks to ltg and neverahighscore for insight!!

Followup and closure to this one - still had weird time settings, then noticed no attract music. Decided to look at the software - mine was "3.0.0 BETA3". Went to the site, downloaded/ installed "3.0.0" and she's been spot on for over a week w both time and attract sounds.

Glad it was that simple (and finding/ cleaning my gunky battery at the same time)...my OCD is back in check....

#8315 3 years ago

Two observations on startup of a game. Occasionally, when a ball ejects into the trough and hasn’t been plunged, scores show up, but the ball is still in the trough. Random switch being activated? And is it normal that when the ball is plunged, it immediately scores 5000 on the rollover switch at the upper right corner? Thanks

#8316 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

And is it normal that when the ball is plunged, it immediately scores 5000 on the rollover switch at the upper right corner?

Switch is too sensitive or arm on the switch is sticking or dragging in the slot in the playfield it goes up and down in.

#8317 3 years ago

Well, next "noob to this game" question - I keep getting error "check left gate - stuck closed" message. Went to T.16, but as soon as I hit any of the loop switches, "test failed left gate stuck", then went to solenoid test, tested left and right gate - they seeme to both work identically - opening and closing via the coil. Doesn't seem to bind as I can move w my finger up and down easily. All 4 loop switches work fine.

What have I missed? LTG - happen to be in the forum tonight? Thx as always....

(it is bourbon night however, so if I have to take something apart, it will wait until tomorrow)

#8318 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What have I missed?

Page 1-54 and 1-55 in the manual.

#8319 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mine is 1-57, then 2-21...manual is Rev. 3.0....

All good though....replicated the error then eliminated...thanks for responding...certain I'll need you again

#8320 3 years ago

On line manual you can download.

Quoted from LTG:

Later printed manual.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mine is 1-57, then 2-21...manual is Rev. 3.0....

Quoted from MK6PIN:

All good though

Thank you !

#8321 3 years ago

Just lightly pushing, not pounding, but pressing on the apron is awarding 5000 points. Thoughts?

#8322 3 years ago

Tests - Switch Edge - press on the apron and fix or adjust what reports on the screen.

#8323 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switch Edge - press on the apron and fix or adjust what reports on the screen.

Thanks! I’ve narrowed it down to Switch 67. Right Loop Low. Odd thing is when I lightly push on the diverter metal between the shooter lane and playfield, it senses that. But only on the lower part of the diverter, not up by the activating switch.

#8324 3 years ago

i will get new speaker grills this week

send me a PM if you are interested

for all XL versions MM MB AFM XL

122763901_10218637938529408_4753965937610816529_n (resized).jpg122763901_10218637938529408_4753965937610816529_n (resized).jpgIMG_3263 (resized).jpgIMG_3263 (resized).jpgIMG_3402-2 (resized).jpegIMG_3402-2 (resized).jpeg
#8325 3 years ago

whats happening guys I have picked up a MMR LE and upgraded to the XL Screen, wow what a difference.. Question is, Cn the older MMr Le screen be used in any other games? Is there any value to the original screen, speaker panel etc? thank you for any feedback.

#8326 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcal:

whats happening guys I have picked up a MMR LE and upgraded to the XL Screen, wow what a difference.. Question is, Cn the older MMr Le screen be used in any other games? Is there any value to the original screen, speaker panel etc? thank you for any feedback.

The only value in the old display is if someone with a classic MMr, AFMr or MBr has one that goes out.

Totally agree on upgrade! It does make a huge difference. Super glad I did it.

#8327 3 years ago
Quoted from Norcal:

I’m going to use my original in a vpin, I’d assume more vpin people have and would use it

#8328 3 years ago

I'm having some distorted sound from my MMr Standard speakers. If I have the color chip upgrade, I can put the XL screen and upgraded sound? Will that replace the small speakers in the back glass or just the sub? Also, I can add the topper? How easy is the install if it is possible? The manual scan in the topic key post makes it look like you need to cut a hole in the cabinet?

Is it possible that a wire is energizing the speaker causing the distortion or more likely to be a blown speaker? It seems to distort at certain times but not constantly.

#8329 3 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I'm having some distorted sound from my MMr Standard speakers. If I have the color chip upgrade, I can put the XL screen and upgraded sound? Will that replace the small speakers in the back glass or just the sub? Also, I can add the topper? How easy is the install if it is possible? The manual scan in the topic key post makes it look like you need to cut a hole in the cabinet?
Is it possible that a wire is energizing the speaker causing the distortion or more likely to be a blown speaker? It seems to distort at certain times but not constantly.

The XL replaces all three speakers. The install is pretty straight forward and you don’t need to cut a new hole, just replace the mounting block on the bottom of the cab.

#8330 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I’ve narrowed it down to Switch 67. Right Loop Low. Odd thing is when I lightly push on the diverter metal between the shooter lane and playfield, it senses that. But only on the lower part of the diverter, not up by the activating switch.

Fix the shorted wiring.

#8331 3 years ago

I have a odd issue that just started with my MMR RE.

On the catapult wireframe, when the ball comes around to cross the playfield, traveling to the left outline drop. The ball will fly off and land some place on the playfield. Screws up the whole flow of the game.

Doesn't happen everytime, but it seems to be 50/50 chance. It never did this when I picked the machine up a few months ago. So something is out of adjustment, I was looking at everything trying to see what makes sense to adjust. Any hints?

#8332 3 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

traveling to the left outline drop. The ball will fly off and land some place on the playfield.

Lower flipper strength, or try and figure out if the wireform got bent a little and needs to be a little higher on one side.

#8333 3 years ago

Came across a Gold MMR LE for sale. Really would like a MM. Wife fell in love with it. I definitely enjoyed playing it and it seems like a bolt to the floor game. Thing is he wants 12 grand. Now I do have the money, and I’ll probably let one of my games go. The question I have is he asking way to much? These MM games don’t come around often.

#8334 3 years ago
Quoted from Quick:

Came across a Gold MMR LE for sale. Really would like a MM. Wife fell in love with it. I definitely enjoyed playing it and it seems like a bolt to the floor game. Thing is he wants 12 grand. Now I do have the money, and I’ll probably let one of my games go. The question I have is he asking way to much? These MM games don’t come around often.

I get that we're in covid-times, but I bought my HUO MMR LE last June with the Color ROM upgrade for $7800 delivered to my garage. The thing is mint, < 500 plays on it.

Maybe if it has all of the upgrades and is HUO, but that's still really high. If it's just a vanilla LE, 12k is insane.

#8335 3 years ago
Quoted from Quick:

For a gold le? No. 12k is like royal money as it has all the mods in. Le’s are usually 8500-9000

Quoted from benime:

I get that we're in covid-times, but I bought my HUO MMR LE last June with the Color ROM upgrade for $7800 delivered to my garage. The thing is mint, < 500 plays on it.
Maybe if it has all of the upgrades and is HUO, but that's still really high. If it's just a vanilla LE, 12k is insane.

Ya, you got a deal at 7800!

#8336 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

For a gold le? No. 12k is like royal money as it has all the mods in. Le’s are usually 8500-9000

Ya, you got a deal at 7800!

Yeah, I guess I already knew the answer to my question. In the market for another pin and none really knock me out. Played the new GnR and meh. MM is bad ass.

#8337 3 years ago
Quoted from Quick:

Yeah, I guess I already knew the answer to my question. In the market for another pin and none really knock me out. Played the new GnR and meh. MM is bad ass.

I love my MM, but also wish cgc would release the next game. I suck at pinball so the 90’s Williams are just fun all around

#8338 3 years ago

As everyone else has said, 12k is crazy. CGC will make more at some point I'm guessing. They way underestimated demain on the last run. Hopefully they won't make that mistake twice.

#8339 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

As everyone else has said, 12k is crazy. CGC will make more at some point I'm guessing. They way underestimated demain on the last run. Hopefully they won't make that mistake twice.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they said that was the last run of any edition of MMR. that is one of the reasons the price is jumped up so much.

#8340 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they said that was the last run of any edition of MMR. that is one of the reasons the price is jumped up so much.

I believe they only said no more Royal editions. I do not think they made any comment about re-running other editions.
I also would not be surprised if they come out with some new "Sovereign" edition with a different topper or something.

I think they are busy working on their next game(s), but they will likely re-run some version of MM at some point - as long as demand exists.

#8341 3 years ago

They will keep running MM until demand dries up. It’s a very profitable game for them. Easy to spin up another run whenever there is enough demand. Surprised they haven’t done that now to keep the line busy while they work on the next game

#8342 3 years ago
Quoted from Quick:

I’ll probably let one of my games go. The question I have is he asking way to much? These MM games don’t come around often.

Depends ... I have a first run low play HUO LE with XL display/sound package, RGB lighting, and topper mods all professionally installed. If it was for sale I would ask 12K for it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/157#post-5959828

#8343 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Depends ... I have a first run low play HUO LE with XL display/sound package, RGB lighting, and topper mods all professionally installed. If it was for sale I would ask 12K for it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/157#post-5959828

I agree, I have a standard with upgraded color, XL display, royal topper, shaker motor. I'm just missing the rgb lighting to make it similar to a royal. Side art and Merlin mod. It has over 10k plays. Playfield is perfect with cliffys and plastic protectors installed. I wouldn't take less than $10k.

#8344 3 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:I agree, I have a standard with upgraded color, XL display, royal topper, shaker motor. I'm just missing the rgb lighting to make it similar to a royal. Side art and Merlin mod. It has over 10k plays. Playfield is perfect with cliffys and plastic protectors installed. I wouldn't take less than $10k.

which side art

#8345 3 years ago

I meant blades. I couldn't find them with a search. The newer ones are probably nicer. Side blades are not the main event for me.

#8346 3 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I meant blades. I couldn't find them with a search. The newer ones are probably nicer. Side blades are not the main event for me.

Just the mirror/chrome ones?

#8347 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

You guys are a bad influence on me! Contemplating selling my nib MMRRE. I mean, its stuck on the shipping pallet in my home, been 9 months now and I won't have space for another year for it. Thinking I could pick one up later. I dunno.

Been waiting since 2005 to pick up an MM, now that I got one I'm afraid to open it up.

#8348 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You guys are a bad influence on me! Contemplating selling my nib MMRRE. I mean, its stuck on the shipping pallet in my home, been 9 months now and I won't have space for another year for it. Thinking I could pick one up later. I dunno.
Been waiting since 2005 to pick up an MM, now that I got one I'm afraid to open it up.

If prices keep going up you will regret selling it. RE will not be re-made. I know I'm going to get shit on for the following statement but.... Yes folks can accessorize their game to make it RE like but it's not the same

While you can imitate the powdercoat, you can't beat the clean factory install of all the parts including RGB pop bumpers as well as no issues with wires being too short and drilling holes in the head for the topper.

#8349 3 years ago

@Underlord: You will love your MMR Royal.
It truly is a stunning package in person.
The powder coated armour is really tastefully done and the topper, enhanced display & rgb lighting are simply amazing. Just makes a fantastic game even better.
For my fam, the game is bolted to the floor.

#8350 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

underlord: You will love your MMR Royal.
It truly is a stunning package in person.
The powder coated armour is really tastefully done and the topper, enhanced display & rgb lighting are simply amazing. Just makes a fantastic game even better.
For my fam, the game is bolted to the floor.

Yeah, money sounds great but my career is doing well and just knowing I own one; well, it’s a good feeling.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 45.00
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 29.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/167?hl=quick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.