3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 203.
#8251 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

PDI does wonders for me, really bringing the colors out. I'm behind the curve on this one...has anyone changed the colors on the rubbers? I use Titans on all my other machines, and truthfully like the look of stock black in this one so far. Thoughts?

Congrats! I agree on the PDI, just the best. I changed out the rubbers and posts with Titans. Matched the habitrails to the cabinet powdercoating. This game stock or modded is just down right beautiful! Enjoy!!!!
IMG_2774 (resized).JPGIMG_2774 (resized).JPG
IMG_2776 (resized).JPGIMG_2776 (resized).JPG
IMG_2785 (resized).JPGIMG_2785 (resized).JPG
IMG_3197 (resized).JPGIMG_3197 (resized).JPG

#8252 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Congrats! I agree on the PDI, just the best. I changed out the rubbers and posts with Titans. Matched the habitrails to the cabinet powdercoating. This game stock or modded is just down right beautiful! Enjoy!!!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sweet!!!

#8253 3 years ago

BTW, I've followed all your posts and effort on Alien. You are a true asset to this Pinball Forum. Congrats on your MMRRE!

#8254 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

I've never held Stern's Side Blades, but mine are printed on very thick material - as thick as Tilt Graphics and PinGraffix blades, with a thick layer of textured lamination to protect them from scratches. Thanks!
pinballaddicted

Thanks very much. We are going to oder your artblades for all 3 of our remakes tomorrow.

Love your work!

#8255 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterTinkerer:

Got my machine! MUST replace this glass!!! Guess I’m already spoiled by the invisiglass in my BK:SoR.
Question - what’s the best source?
I see it for $300 on Jersey Jack... standard glass or wide body?
Anyone have success with a particular vendor?

I buy the two pack of Voodoo glass from Tilt Graphics. Its the cheapest currently.

#8256 3 years ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I buy the two pack of Voodoo glass from Tilt Graphics. Its the cheapest currently.

Voodoo is just as good in my experience as well.

#8257 3 years ago

Cointaker was having a sale on Invisiglass (same price as Voodoo)... so I bought a piece of it.

Can’t wait to change it out. It seriously makes such a difference with the BK:SoR that I can’t believe it’s not a standard issue on a high end machine like the MMR Royal

#8258 3 years ago

Leaving the club. Sold my MMR SE. I guess I fall in the “i don’t get the appeal” group. Being number one lends itself to high expectations. I guess since I didn’t grow up with this theme...

#8259 3 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Leaving the club. Sold my MMR SE. I guess I fall in the “i don’t get the appeal” group. Being number one lends itself to high expectations. I guess since I didn’t grow up with this theme...

Sometimes a game just doesn't click with you. I felt the same way about Jurassic Park. People gush over that game, but I didn't care for it at all.

#8260 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Sometimes a game just doesn't click with you. I felt the same way about Jurassic Park. People gush over that game, but I didn't care for it at all.

Same here. I almost want to seek out another (JP) and give it another go.

#8261 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Sometimes you need to give the games a good chance too. I did not like MMr when we originally purchased it. I love it now, took a good year or so. Same with Jurassic Park. We have had the game for over a year, my wife loves it and I am only starting to warm up to the game now.

#8262 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

BTW, I've followed all your posts and effort on Alien. You are a true asset to this Pinball Forum. Congrats on your MMRRE!

Kind words....thanks!!...( crazy times follow Alienland...is what it is I guess).....

Really enjoying the MMRRE ( major honeymoon phase). Hard to describe, feels like "pure pinball" to me. Step up, I know what to do, and the callouts, gameplay, etc. are just fun!!!

Sometimes I just don't want to think too much about game strategy, and this thing is beautiful!!!!

#8263 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Sometimes you need to give the games a good chance too. I did not like MMr when we originally purchased it. I love it now, took a good year or so. Same with Jurassic Park. We have had the game for over a year, my wife loves it and I am only starting to warm up to the game now.

I gave it about 6 months, which I felt was a good amount of time to get to know a machine. Just wasn't for me.

#8264 3 years ago

I am leaving this club to, sold my Royal. Found me a HUO Original MM

#8265 3 years ago

i have 2 kits

stainless steel speaker grills for the Royal Edition in Stock

65$ shipped

IMG_2668 (resized).jpegIMG_2668 (resized).jpegIMG_2673 (resized).jpegIMG_2673 (resized).jpegIMG_3263 (resized).jpgIMG_3263 (resized).jpg
#8266 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I am leaving this club to, sold my Royal. Found me a HUO Original MM

Is this due to it having rosey cheeks, lol?

#8267 3 years ago

I am searching for the paint code for the ATFM remake le. I am wanting to powder coat the coin door and i cant find the paint codes for any of the 3 chicago gaming machines i own. Does anyone have this information if so it would be much appreciated. Specifically the mbr le, atfmr le, mmr royal. Chicago gaming hasn't replied and they have all their voice mails full, so strange.

#8268 3 years ago

Got my barrel spot lights switched over to rgb bulbs. Now to tackle the pops.

20210217_194533 (resized).jpg20210217_194533 (resized).jpg20210217_194542 (resized).jpg20210217_194542 (resized).jpg20210217_194552 (resized).jpg20210217_194552 (resized).jpg20210217_194603 (resized).jpg20210217_194603 (resized).jpg
#8269 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Got my barrel spot lights switched over to rgb bulbs

That looks awesome! Nice job.

#8270 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Got my barrel spot lights switched over to rgb bulbs. Now to tackle the pops.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

are these spots available for MMR RE or SE?
I have not found them

#8271 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

are these spots available for MMR RE or SE?
I have not found them

Made buy mod couple. They are for the remake and the limited. They usually pull power from one of gi bulbs under the slings. You will have to add new rgb bulbs in them once you have your gi kit installed. I tapped into gi string 1. Planetarypinball.com sells the bulbs. They are 895 each. I fed the wires down the sling switch hole. 2 in each hole so it wouldn't bother the switch.

#8272 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Made buy mod couple. They are for the remake and the limited. They usually pull power from one of gi bulbs under the slings. You will have to add new rgb bulbs in them once you have your gi kit installed. I tapped into gi string 1. Planetarypinball.com sells the bulbs. They are 895 each. I fed the wires down the sling switch hole. 2 in each hole so it wouldn't bother the switch.

Nice. I have those same barrel spots from TheModCouple. Was intending on using them on my RE, but as you know, it requires some modification to work and I haven’t done that yet.

#8273 3 years ago

How about this for a lost ball.

BD776808-DDF9-4200-8CA4-02D1D3DD94FC (resized).jpegBD776808-DDF9-4200-8CA4-02D1D3DD94FC (resized).jpeg
#8274 3 years ago

Had this a couple times.

0D8F2F45-7571-47CC-AB16-863346EBB1EA (resized).jpeg0D8F2F45-7571-47CC-AB16-863346EBB1EA (resized).jpeg
#8275 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Had this a couple times.
[quoted image]

Ditto....only had the game a few weeks. Just sort of looked at it and laughed...no nudging that one out, lol

#8276 3 years ago

I gotta give a big thanks to CGC for fixing my MMrLE.....last year I bought a NIB MMrLE from a collector thru my local CGC distributor. It had been sitting in his collection unopened for 5 years. I wanted the MMr to go along with my MBLE and AFM who I also purchased from the same distributor.

Bought the machine, set it up and had audio issues after only a few plays. The volume basically just died, sound was stuck at a faint level and wasn’t adjustable. I had also ordered the topper and dmd/speaker upgrade at the time of purchase. So I get ahold of my distributor and he talks with CGC. According to them the speaker upgrade kit should clear up all audio issues.

After a few weeks my topper and speaker kit comes in. We get everything installed correctly, new code updated, new color dmd looks great, topper is lighting up but still no sound and now playfield is completely dead, no lights or solenoid power....where as before I had a functioning game albeit it with muted sound. So we start checking all the connections and find a broken fuse bracket on the main board underneath the playfield. CGC’s solution was to replace to entire main board and they were extending the warranty since it was still NIB when I purchased it. Couple of weeks later new board arrives, with the help of my distributor we get it installed and same problem, back box has power but playfield is still dead. My distributor then gets the bright idea to install the original board that was behind the back box, since the game as at least operational using that one. Switch it over back over and to my surprise the playfield comes alive but still faint volume. Back to square one but at least I have the topper, color dmd working in conjunction with the playfield, baby steps lol. After a quick call to CGC it is determined the security chip in the upgrade kit is faulty. Thankfully we were able to swap out the chip from the old board, get it installed and bam just like that everything is working as it should!

I’m really happy to see CGC stand behind their products and a take such good care of their customers! I will definitely be buying the #4 remake when it comes out, I know If I have any issues I will be taken care of!!

Side note: The collector who I purchased the MMRLE from used the funds to purchase a NIB MMrRE. I got the lemon but at least I can now enjoy my glass of lemonade lol.

D642186E-8843-460C-A2C7-50089903E701 (resized).jpegD642186E-8843-460C-A2C7-50089903E701 (resized).jpeg5D167932-CE7E-4452-B9F2-9BF469C32246 (resized).jpeg5D167932-CE7E-4452-B9F2-9BF469C32246 (resized).jpeg0FB30CDA-9AE8-48B1-B49E-57C3C80B4A52 (resized).jpeg0FB30CDA-9AE8-48B1-B49E-57C3C80B4A52 (resized).jpeg827F4499-EE08-4103-9A82-191ADE756980 (resized).jpeg827F4499-EE08-4103-9A82-191ADE756980 (resized).jpeg
#8277 3 years ago

MAN, isnt it terrific when a company stands behind its products... sigh.

#8278 3 years ago

I pulled the pops apart on my GB prem and they have an independent led board inside to do rgb, however it is 5v.

Just finished installing my Color GI kit into MMR Le..
PITA - pop bumper wires are not long enough, the top glass trim had 300 staples (6-8), my kit was missing wire management (loops) and the ethernet splitter zip eyelet broke off.

Finished product looks freaking amazing. The longest parts were just harness routing and feeding through, then the stables on the top glass trim. I have a video I'll try and get up of original vs color. Totally worth the update imo. Just set aside a 3-5 hours and work through. The instructions were 90-95% excellent, with a couple differences but there were a handful of different builds so understandable. Nothing that made me stop and think it wouldn't. work.

#8279 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

MAN, isnt it terrific when a company stands behind its products... sigh.

It is but CGC are no where near as good as Stern. We blew a MOSFET on our MMr playfield PCB and the game was 1 year out of warranty. We fixed it and the same MOSFET has blown again so we have had to buy a new playfield PCB. Machine has had the same issue since new, my bad I did not lodge a ticket straight away but I did lodge a ticket while the game was still under warranty. We have bought all the remakes. If that was a Stern game, Stern would have given us a new PCB no question.

#8280 3 years ago

If that was a Stern game, Stern would have given us a new PCB no question.

Yeah...I'm not so sure about that. My Metallica Premium has had Hammer magnet problems since day 1 (like many of them) but after receiving 2 replacements and having them both fail in a short period of time Stern has basically washed there hands of these issues. My local distributor went through 4 of these boards and eventually sold his public demo machine with the hammer disabled.

#8281 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yeah...I'm not so sure about that. My Metallica Premium has had Hammer magnet problems since day 1 (like many of them) but after receiving 2 replacements and having them both fail in a short period of time Stern has basically washed there hands of these issues. My local distributor went through 4 of these boards and eventually sold his public demo machine with the hammer disabled.

There is an updated board for that issue now. If you still have the machine I am sure your distro will get you one for free. That would get the better of me and if I was your distro, I would want to fix it. I have fixed 2 and the issue was with the magnet and connections rubbing through blowing the board. Our MET hammer lock worked great. Our distro looks after us so we keep buying games.

#8282 3 years ago

It is but CGC are no where near as good as Stern. If that was a Stern game, Stern would have given us a new PCB no question.

Not in my experience, my Black Knight Topper was defective right out of the box. Stern won’t even return emails after initial contact to start a ticket(and I purchased/registered 6 NIB Stern machines last year). Thankfully my Stern distributor took it upon himself to replace one of the servo motors after I explained my frustrations dealing with their customer support.

Just goes to show no matter which manufacture you choose, it’s wise to build a good relationship with your distributor.

#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from Briks-707:

Not in my experience, my Black Knight Topper was defective right out of the box. Stern won’t even return emails after initial contact to start a ticket(and I purchased/registered 6 NIB Stern machines last year). Thankfully my Stern distributor took it upon himself to replace one of the servo motors after I explained my frustrations dealing with their customer support.
Just goes to show no matter which manufacture you choose, it’s wise to build a good relationship with your distributor.

I agree there. A good distro is really important.

#8284 3 years ago

These were in the bottom of my cabinet. Any idea what they might go to?

0EBD4AC6-D9A0-4109-9AE4-4E8313FAF311 (resized).jpeg0EBD4AC6-D9A0-4109-9AE4-4E8313FAF311 (resized).jpeg
#8285 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

These were in the bottom of my cabinet. Any idea what they might go to?
[quoted image]

those hold the coin mechs in the coin door

#8286 3 years ago

Ah yes. Thank you. One more question I had. Is it possible to get the speakers to color change with the rgb upgrade? Currently they stay blue all the time. I did not do the upgrade.

9F41BADF-ED6D-4AF8-8C2C-4EC7340DADFF (resized).jpeg9F41BADF-ED6D-4AF8-8C2C-4EC7340DADFF (resized).jpeg
#8287 3 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Ah yes. Thank you. One more question I had. Is it possible to get the speakers to color change with the rgb upgrade? Currently they stay blue all the time. I did not do the upgrade.
[quoted image]

Yea, there is a plug or something, someone mentioned it a page or 3 back. The instructions are in this thread. May have to search or flick back some pages. I'll post if I find them.

#8288 3 years ago

Are people still finding these new somewhere? The last few pages indicates possibly, but my local distributor put me on a list for when CG can next do a mini-run between larger runs of their next release. Would you have qualms about getting it from a distributor across the country?

#8289 3 years ago
Quoted from fmammal:

Are people still finding these new somewhere? The last few pages indicates possibly, but my local distributor put me on a list for when CG can next do a mini-run between larger runs of their next release. Would you have qualms about getting it from a distributor across the country?

It could be years before they do a run.. That's IF they do a run. Nobody really knows. I'd get it where I can if I were you or just find a nice used one closer to you. They do come up once in a while.

If you are specifically looking for a NIB Royal Edition then get it now if you can find one as the company has stated they will NOT run that edition again. It's in this thread somewhere I am not searching for it again. PtownPin likes to say that they will even after he's been shown the thread/post where CGC states they will not. I'm not looking for a debate and have no personal stake in this anyway. My MMr is bolted to the floor.... until it isn't lol.

#8290 3 years ago

Here you go

Screenshot_20210130-184438_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210130-184438_Chrome (resized).jpg
#8291 3 years ago

Awesome. TY sir.

#8293 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If you are specifically looking for a NIB Royal Edition then get it now if you can find one as the company has stated they will NOT run that edition again.

Yes, but there is nothing to stop them from doing a new "Sovereign" edition or something with different armor/topper, at a "bold, new, and exciting price point" (i.e. more expensive).

I would be happy if they would just make more of the SE version.

#8294 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, but there is nothing to stop them from doing a new "Sovereign" edition or something with different armor/topper, at a "bold, new, and exciting price point" (i.e. more expensive).
I would be happy if they would just make more of the SE version.

Totally agreed. MMR 2.0 along with MBr 2.0 amd AFMr 2.0. Jack up the price. New code. LCD to modernize. BOOM!

#8295 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Here you go
[quoted image]

if everyone, who has done this sent me 5$

#8296 3 years ago

Here is a side by side of the color gi

#8297 3 years ago

i still offer the stainless stell coat of arms for MMR and MMR RE with the xl display

IMG_3263 (resized).jpgIMG_3263 (resized).jpg
#8298 3 years ago

It is but CGC are no where near as good as Stern. We blew a MOSFET on our MMr playfield PCB and the game was 1 year out of warranty. We fixed it and the same MOSFET has blown again so we have had to buy a new playfield PCB. Machine has had the same issue since new, my bad I did not lodge a ticket straight away but I did lodge a ticket while the game was still under warranty. We have bought all the remakes. If that was a Stern game, Stern would have given us a new PCB no question.

Laughs in *Ghostbusters Node Boards*

#8299 3 years ago

So MMrRE newbie here.....confess I just opened the box, set it up, usual adjustments, and playing the crap out of this thing for the past couple weeks. Got the dreaded dot this evening, stating I needed to set date and time. Simply went into menu and addressed. All my scores, etc. stayed intact.

Rebooted and everything seems to work and no dot. Haven't even opened the manual yet. Is there a battery in here or something that might have just worked loose (?).

Will read schematics tomorrow, but I've been back at fixing my WCS for too long today (had to step away as I was tempted to set that damn game on fire), so hoping something easy.

Apologies if already covered somewhere.....thx

#8300 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Is there a battery in here or something that might have just worked loose (?).

Yes. Round 2032 near top center of little board in the head. Holder and battery may need cleaning.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/166?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.