20211125_113540 (resized).jpg
16356408496008185205300691455766 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_4964 (resized).jpg
4C8FDAFC-769B-43C2-9DDA-665D2DFBB7CB.gif
IMG_4440 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 178.
#8151 10 months ago

My gi kit came today

#8152 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My gi kit came today

Be sure you update to the 3.0 with the micro SD card that comes with the kit.

LTG : )

#8153 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should you update the software before you start installing the upgrade?

#8154 10 months ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Yes otherwise the screen will be garbled.

#8155 10 months ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Even though it's for GI on your game, I would.

#8156 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I updated to 3.0 a week or two ago just because I saw an update. I’m ready!!!!!

#8157 10 months ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

I own a MMrLE and purchased the upgrade mods. Any specific tips or steps to take before starting the install of the mods? I have watched SuperNova's install on youtube. Just looking for any hiccups anyone has run into specifically with the LE.

You should read ALL of the posts I made regarding installing these mods on an LE.

They start here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/154#post-5943489

This is a good overview post for all the mods on the LE.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/157#post-5959627

#8158 10 months ago

Has anyone in the US done the pop bumper rgb mod? Looks like the rgb boards that was posted from post before won't Ship here to the states. Not sure what boards to buy.

#8159 10 months ago

Id be interested in this as well.

Quoted from Jon9508:

Has anyone in the US done the pop bumper rgb mod? Looks like the rgb boards that was posted from post before won't Ship here to the states. Not sure what boards to buy.

#8160 10 months ago

If you read up, someone posteed about it. but start here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/151#post-5908163

EDIT: didn't read fully, US available led board. Gotchya. Let me look

#8161 10 months ago

You missed the point. They want to know WHERE to get the part if in the US as the OG post you linked to has a link to parts that can't be shipped to the US.

#8162 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You missed the point. They want to know WHERE to get the part if in the US as the OG post you linked to has a link to parts that can't be shipped to the US.

Yaa, read too quick.

#8163 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yaa, read too quick.

Happens.. On a happy side not.. It's FRIIIDAAAY! lol. Pinball night!

#8164 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Happens.. On a happy side not.. It's FRIIIDAAAY! lol. Pinball night!

Just need to know on the original german ones, is it +, 1, data in, data out? There are some chinese rings that could work, but just need the wires/pinout for what is required. Adafruits are 5v, these chinese ones are 12v.

#8165 10 months ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

For my money its a MUST HAVE. Depending on your skill level its a 3-4 hour project.

I luckily got the Royal and have to say originally without having the game and just seeing pics on the internet that it looked like the GI lighting would be too bright.

Having it in person is definitely not the case....The colors look awesome and not blinding at all.....definitely upgrade if you can!

#8166 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Just need to know on the original german ones, is it +, 1, data in, data out? There are some chinese rings that could work, but just need the wires/pinout for what is required. Adafruits are 5v, these chinese ones are 12v.

Looks like its. 12v. 1 positive. The red,green and blue inputs.

#8167 10 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Looks like its. 12v. 1 positive. The red,green and blue inputs.

These are worth a shot. They have the little nub cut out and the disc is only 20mm vs 26mm so it may fit without cutting.
http://lightsandparts.com/product/flat-round-rgb-3led-dimmable/

#8168 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

These are worth a shot. They have the little nub cut out and the disc is only 20mm vs 26mm so it may fit without cutting.
http://lightsandparts.com/product/flat-round-rgb-3led-dimmable/

Thanks. I will look into these

#8169 10 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Thanks. I will look into these

let us know!

Otherwise the cheap way is to take a 12v rgb strip and just have the 4 wire leads and stuff that in the pop housing or do a ring around the cap.

#8170 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The GI lights are "dumb" RGB and aren't individually addressable. No data. On the German ones it's +12v, and then R, G, B. The game GI is already wired with G,R,G,B.

#8171 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

let us know!
Otherwise the cheap way is to take a 12v rgb strip and just have the 4 wire leads and stuff that in the pop housing or do a ring around the cap.

Thought about the strips. I think it would look bad how they would have to lay in there.

Looks like that website is a wholesale web site. Can't but just a couple

#8172 10 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Thought about the strips. I think it would look bad how they would have to lay in there.
Looks like that website is a wholesale web site. Can't but just a couple

the only good thing is you can barely see the pop caps from the player position

Quoted from MrMikeman:

The GI lights are "dumb" RGB and aren't individually addressable. No data. On the German ones it's +12v, and then R, G, B. The game GI is already wired with G,R,G,B.

ah ok. I'll keep looking. Otherwise a single led could work.. hmm ok should find a few options.

EDIT: ya so if anyone is looking, it is a 12v non addressable rgb led. Tons of 5v but the 12 is the harder one. Almost seems like someone fabing a board to fit a smd led(s) may work better :/

#8173 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Almost seems like someone fabing a board to fit a smd led(s) may work better :/

Like the one from Germany!! lol

#8174 10 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Like the one from Germany!! lol

I wonder if Zitt would be down to make for a small run? Otherwise comet has the pop bumper "pcb" but they only do 1 color. Would need a pcb like that with changed schematics for RGB w/ 4wire

#8175 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I wonder if zitt would be down to make for a small run? Otherwise comet has the pop bumper "pcb" but they only do 1 color. Would need a pcb like that with changed schematics for RGB w/ 4wire

like this

#8176 10 months ago

I received the upgrade parts yesterday. I updated the code to 3.0 last night without any problem and played a game. I installed the topper and XL screen/speaker upgrade today. I powered the game on and the display is working, the topper/lights are working but, I am not getting any game sounds. I am getting a strange sound out of the right speaker. It makes a crack/pop sound then nothing for a second or two then the same crack/pop sound and keeps repeating this. I started a game and the sound continues to do this with none of the game sounds. Has anyone had this issue? I read back through the instructions and checked my connections and it seems to be all good. I own a MMrLE and had to use the 3pin to 4pin adapter for the speaker plug.

If I unplug the speakers in the backbox I get normal game sound/audio out of the subwoofer.

Any ideas?

#8177 10 months ago

could someone take a picture of the plugs for the speaker panel/ lcd panel. Due to my machine being the type 1, I had to use the adapter that CGC provided. My concern is that the wires in the adapter look possibly swapped. The gray/black from the machine is not connected to the gray black in the adapter harness. My guess is that the adapter was wired incorrectly.

I am getting in game sounds out of the subwoofer when I power the game on with the speaker connector in the back box unplugged.

Thanks,
Alex

#8178 10 months ago

Luckily I am just finishing up.

16120416349798597902255810435371 (resized).jpg
#8179 10 months ago

Not sure I know what plug your talking about. Here's a few more

16120417689781375562717456254351 (resized).jpg16120417882068165382999795057417 (resized).jpg16120418649523843698110564723048 (resized).jpg1612041897383808216859452154740 (resized).jpg
#8180 10 months ago

thanks for the pictures John9508. Mine seems to look just like yours.

#8181 10 months ago

Couple questions on the special edition, what does the RE have that the SE doesn’t have, what was MSRP of the SE and lastly has anyone heard if CGC plans on running more special editions?

#8182 10 months ago

Couple questions on the special edition, what does the RE have that the SE doesn’t have, what was MSRP of the SE and lastly has anyone heard if CGC plans on running more special editions?</blockquote

CGC listed the features of the different models here: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness
Actually no plan to produce more of MMR

#8183 10 months ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Couple questions on the special edition, what does the RE have that the SE doesn’t have, what was MSRP of the SE and lastly has anyone heard if CGC plans on running more special editions?

This should help you out.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

Looks like the differences are SE has no
Topper,
Shaker,
Black powder coat trim,
side mirrors
24 month waranty only 12.

Awesome game no matter what model you buy. We have an early classic and love it.

#8184 10 months ago

Love the upgrades. But man I miss my barrel spot lights. The middle of the playfiled is so dark.

#8185 10 months ago

Anyone know what kind of rgb bulb and socket was used in the kit?

#8186 10 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Anyone know what kind of rgb bulb and socket was used in the kit?

In the gi kit?

Looks to be custom made. Non addressable single smd leds. If the pop bumper needed 12v I can only assume these are as well.

2BDD391C-350F-450A-B611-488C42B8BD8B (resized).jpeg4A25ED74-0663-46EB-BDC1-2371118862A5 (resized).jpeg8026A226-B2DB-4E86-86DB-E9D54F73F33D (resized).jpeg
#8187 10 months ago

Yea i have the kit. I was thinking if I could find a few extra bulbs I could make them fit in my pop and in my barrel spot lights. And just tie them into the closes strings.

#8188 10 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Yea i have the kit. I was thinking if I could find a few extra bulbs I could make them fit in my pop and in my barrel spot lights. And just tie them into the closes strings.

you could do your own 12v rgb strips or leds, just make sure they are non addressable and tap them into that four wire harness.

You could even do a 4 position Z connector, then made a whip with two ends to splice it without cutting a wire.

#8189 10 months ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone - I'm creating these Side Blades for Medieval Madness with my hand-drawn artwork - here are some close-ups of the line art before I color.
If you'd like to be notified when they are finished and available, you can do so here:
http://bit.ly/mm-sideblades
THANKS!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi,

I see your Art Blades are online. Wow, awesome!

Right_Mockup-low-res (resized).jpg

https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/medieval-madness-side-art-blades-for-pinball-machines/

#8190 10 months ago

in response to do any owners regret buying this game.I recently got my nib royal and having never played the game before I liked it but was not sure it was my best buy.But after playing and understanding the goals to this game I have a hard time walking away.Now I am certain it was a great purchase and i am totally enjoying this game in my collection.Its more fun every time I play

#8191 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

in response to do any owners regret buying this game.I recently got my nib royal and having never played the game before I liked it but was not sure it was my best buy.But after playing and understanding the goals to this game I have a hard time walking away.Now I am certain it was a great purchase and i am totally enjoying this game in my collection.Its more fun every time I play

I find it's a great game for non-pinheads too. I just tell them "hit the castle and the ramps", and most importantly is LISTEN! The game tells you what to do and what to hit when it's important.. Most pinheads I know understand the rules so that's easy too. I've had the game about 9 months now. Started the battle for the kingdom around a dozen times. Won it twice. I like that. Hard enough to not get to the end too often.

#8192 10 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

It truly is one of the best games because of the entire package. I also am pondering an afm because that also is a similar amazing game, and well not good enough to get deep into code or really care it “is a similar layout to mm”. Just a ton of fun and that’s all I like, fun games for me and others!

#8193 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It truly is one of the best games because of the entire package. I also am pondering an afm because that also is a similar amazing game, and well not good enough to get deep into code or really care it “is a similar layout to mm”. Just a ton of fun and that’s all I like, fun games for me and others!

I heard that pinheads prefer AFM. I do not but I consider myself a pinhead. It doesn't blow me away like MM does. Maybe because I have RFM and a lot of the assets are the same/similar.

#8194 10 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Would these from Pinball life work?

https://www.pinballlife.com/p-roc-rgb-pop-bumper-board-assembly.html

#8195 10 months ago

I saw them. Looks like they are only 3v.

#8196 10 months ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I saw them. Looks like they are only 3v.

Ahh, yes, I missed that. I was looking a few weeks back for something suitable but was unsure of the voltage at the time.
If anyone makes up a kit with the RGBs and clear caps and can ship to Australia I’m definitely interested.

#8197 10 months ago

i have a few of the topper, xlcd (large screen), and rgb kits in stock if anyone is looking for them.

#8198 10 months ago

Do you guys know if they are still doing the cheaper color chip for the LE owners?

#8199 10 months ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Do you guys know if they are still doing the cheaper color chip for the LE owners?

I tried to get the color chip about a year ago for the discounted price. I was told that they are no longer offering the discounted rate and I had to purchase it at full price.

#8200 10 months ago
Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

I’ll be selling mine when I order the XL screen and use the old screen for vpin. Not sure how long you’d want to wait

Edit: nvm the chip is needed on XL display as well

There are 8,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside