image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 205.
#8101 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

How many RE ended up being made?

I have #355 and was told by the distributor that it was one of the last 2 made. Since my payment was delayed as I snail mailed a check, mine is probably the last one.

#8102 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The diverter flap sticking out the back. Red arrows pointing to it. Bend it a little farther out. Not too much or it won't go up and down in the hole right.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Thanks, I've had the same problem and will give this a try.

#8103 3 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Thanks, I've had the same problem and will give this a try.

There is a fine line on this bend. Like LTG said if you bend it too far the troll will not go up and down as it should. Ask me how I know. LOL

#8104 3 years ago

My right troll just started acting up. He slams up just like he’s supposed to, but when it’s time to go down he goes very slowly and usually stops just before the flap is flush with the playfield. The left troll still drops like a rock.

It looks identical to the left troll underneath the playfield, but when I manually raise and lower it seems like the piston isn’t traveling through the coil smoothly. Do I need to oil it? Or is it damaged? Thanks for your help!

#8105 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Do I need to oil it?

Don't F*ing do that.

If the plunger seems to be dragging in the coil sleeve. Easy fix.

Turn game off. Remove balls ( game, not yours ) lift playfield up and lean on backbox.

Unhook coil connector. Remove bolt holding troll carriage to plunger. Remove two brackets/four screws holding coil/plunger on.

Now that you have the coil and plunger out. Remember the order of the parts, coil, brackets, coil sleeve, etc.

The plunger is two piece, held together by a roll pin. That roll pin is sticking out a bit. Pound it back in. File the area smooth. Check if coil sleeve is cracked or broken.

Reassemble. Done. Miller time.

#8106 3 years ago

You really are Lloyd the Great! All fixed and popping the top on the Millers at 9:10 am! Thanks, Lloyd!!!

#8107 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The diverter flap sticking out the back. Red arrows pointing to it. Bend it a little farther out. Not too much or it won't go up and down in the hole right.
[quoted image]

Thanks LTG for the suggestion! I made some adjustments last night and unfortunately just bending the flap a tiny bit out interfered with the troll movement through the playfield. This problem started when I replaced the entire troll assembly a few months ago. What I think I'll do next is measure the "gap" distance of the flap on the old assembly and set that same gap distance on the new assembly. This would also be a good time to check that the game is level as it may have been moved inadvertently out of the divots in the carpet.

#8108 3 years ago
Quoted from N101AA:

This would also be a good time to check that the game is level as it may have been moved inadvertently out of the divots in the carpet.

Good plan.

Quoted from N101AA:

This problem started when I replaced the entire troll assembly a few months ago.

Compare to the other side underneath the playfield. Maybe the bracket holding everything is bent a little forward or back.

#8109 3 years ago

Hey guys, I am getting the error for: “check tower diverter stuck closed”. A few days ago the ramp diverter stopped staying down. It will activate down as needed, but won’t stay down to make the damsel shot. I don’t see any switches that could be off, do I just have a bad coil? My MMR does not have a manual, does anyone know what part I would need to order? Thanks.

#8110 3 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:

“check tower diverter stuck closed”.

Page 1-54 in the manual describes it. What has to happen to not get that error.

Or play a bunch of games and it will probably clear.

#8111 3 years ago
Quoted from OilGuy:My MMR does not have a manual, does anyone know what part I would need to order? Thanks.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MMR_Manual_Rev_1_2.pdf

#8112 3 years ago

So I finally got the 2 sd cards back from CGC. 1 has a custom logo on it, the other 3.0.0 software update. After several attempts, with me actually pressing on the beagle, the 3.0.0 loaded. What's interesting is none of the beagle fingers appear bent? After this I tried 10 different sd cards with the custom logo for uploading. Zero sd cards with the custom logo worked. Same error everytime, sd card will not mount. ARGH! CGC claimed both the sd cards I sent them worked perfect at their shop. No idea where to go from here since CGC closed my ticket too.

#8113 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

So I finally got the 2 sd cards back from CGC. 1 has a custom logo on it, the other 3.0.0 software update. After several attempts, with me actually pressing on the beagle, the 3.0.0 loaded. What's interesting is none of the beagle fingers appear bent? After this I tried 10 different sd cards with the custom logo for uploading. Zero sd cards with the custom logo worked. Same error everytime, sd card will not mount. ARGH! CGC claimed both the sd cards I sent them worked perfect at their shop. No idea where to go from here since CGC closed my ticket too.

a little bit expected; so good thing is, that 3.0 final is now installed and that it´s not a HW defect with the card reader.
I would give the CGC card with the custom logo a lot of tries to mount (min 20). (to be sure check the card if its FAT32)

#8114 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

It should not be this difficult!

#8115 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

It should not be this difficult!

Yes, tell me about it, lol!

#8116 3 years ago

Can someone reshare the instructions to get the popbumpers to RGB; I can't seem to find it...

#8117 3 years ago

look at the posts or get in touch with "kapsreiter"

#8118 3 years ago

If anyone has the MMR GI kit, is it worth it? I've seen just 1 YT video and it seems pretty sweet. I liked the effects on afmr.

#8119 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If anyone has the MMR GI kit, is it worth it? I've seen just 1 YT video and it seems pretty sweet. I liked the effects on afmr.

For my money its a MUST HAVE. Depending on your skill level its a 3-4 hour project.

#8120 3 years ago

Looks like planetarypinball.com is sold out of the gi upgrade. Not sure what that means. But if your on the fence this might be the time to pull the trigger from another provider.

#8121 3 years ago

Absolutely worth the cost. Get one.

#8122 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

We have it and definitely worth it. We love it. It is a pain to put in, took me quite a few hours.

#8123 3 years ago

Well that is great to hear. I am ordering the GI now, I'll get the XL a bit later. But I've only played an amfr le and seen 1 YT video and it looked sweet. The game is a keeper for as long as I can , so I figured I'd put the mods on.

#8124 3 years ago

Hi everyone - I'm creating these Side Blades for Medieval Madness with my hand-drawn artwork - here are some close-ups of the line art before I color.
If you'd like to be notified when they are finished and available, you can do so here:
http://bit.ly/mm-sideblades
THANKS!

Medieval-Madness-Side-Blade-4 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Side-Blade-4 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Side-Blade-5 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Side-Blade-5 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Side-Blade-6 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Side-Blade-6 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Side-Blade-7 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Side-Blade-7 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Side-Blade-8 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Side-Blade-8 (resized).jpg
#8125 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone - I'm creating these Side Blades for Medieval Madness with my hand-drawn artwork

As usual, amazing work! Can’t wait to get a set of these

#8126 3 years ago

To follow-up on the custom logo upload issue. CGC sent me a replacement control board. Installed the new board and bam, problem solved. Install of software and logo was super easy, 1st time too at that. Hope this thread helps someone else downstream and more importantly, glad I wasn't losing my marbles thinking it was me the whole time, lol.

#8127 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

To follow-up on the custom logo upload issue. CGC sent me a replacement control board. Installed the new board and bam, problem solved. Install of software and logo was super easy, 1st time too at that. Hope this thread helps someone else downstream and more importantly, glad I wasn't losing my marbles thinking it was me the whole time, lol.

Did you lose all your high scores and settings when you changed the controller board? My MMrSE would not save the date and time and finally I was sent a new control board. I was told that my settings and scores should not reset, but they did. But my date and time now save. Seems there might have been some issues with the control boards on the remakes.

#8128 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone - I'm creating these Side Blades for Medieval Madness with my hand-drawn artwork

These are CRAZY COOL! I have your MM translite and LOVE it. Looks like I am going to need these too!

#8129 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Hi everyone - I'm creating these Side Blades for Medieval Madness with my hand-drawn artwork - here are some close-ups of the line art before I color.
If you'd like to be notified when they are finished and available, you can do so here:
THANKS!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really nice! I think I have to get some of your sideblades (AFMR and MMR), even though I want to keep using the original backglasses. Maybe next some sideblade-love for CC?

#8130 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

THANKS!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

great work, I am excited about the final version

#8131 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Did you lose all your high scores and settings when you changed the controller board? My MMrSE would not save the date and time and finally I was sent a new control board. I was told that my settings and scores should not reset, but they did. But my date and time now save. Seems there might have been some issues with the control boards on the remakes.

Yes, reset everything but thats ok, it works and I'm much more pleased with that!

#8132 3 years ago

I have been installing my topper, xl display and rgb light kit today but have an issue,
Please see photos below, the display isn’t working correctly, does anyone know what could be the issue here? Also can someone please send photos or confirm the correct location of the topper plugs and where they plug into on the board, I have plugged the two lower left plugs in ( please confirm they are in the correct plugs but not exactly sure where the other two plugs go.
Cheers
Trevor
3C698906-543E-4DA4-BF12-80166A39FA19 (resized).jpeg3C698906-543E-4DA4-BF12-80166A39FA19 (resized).jpeg5665F4B5-B8D6-4B91-8B13-2E2CA01F40F7 (resized).jpeg5665F4B5-B8D6-4B91-8B13-2E2CA01F40F7 (resized).jpeg58BFF7E4-9FCA-404B-9659-1AD8337DFBF4 (resized).jpeg58BFF7E4-9FCA-404B-9659-1AD8337DFBF4 (resized).jpeg598B2D4C-A436-4EFF-A927-60113E00B176 (resized).jpeg598B2D4C-A436-4EFF-A927-60113E00B176 (resized).jpeg

#8133 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

I have been installing my topper, xl display and rgb light kit today but have an issue,
Please see photos below, the display isn’t working correctly, does anyone know what could be the issue here? Also can someone please send photos or confirm the correct location of the topper plugs and where they plug into on the board, I have plugged the two lower left plugs in ( please confirm they are in the correct plugs but not exactly sure where the other two plugs go.
Cheers
Trevor
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t have the kit yet but this may be of some help

Do you remember if you’ve ever updated code on your game?

#8134 3 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Please see photos below, the display isn’t working correctly, does anyone know what could be the issue here?

I did the same thing. You need to update your software to 3.0.

#8135 3 years ago

MMr Standard

Have a intermittent issue with my right Troll. In test mode it raises/lowers every time without issue. When playing the game and starting troll modes, every so often the right troll has a long delay before it rises, in a few occasions it hasn't come up at all.

All connections are tight and in place, along with solder connections. Really odd.

#8136 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

100% you need to update to 3.0 BEFORE installing the larger screen.

#8137 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

You don’t need to put your old display back or anything tho... just pop in the included SD card and update now. It’s just the in game stuff that’s garbled, the loading screen and CGC stuff will show up just fine.

#8138 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

When playing the game and starting troll modes, every so often the right troll has a long delay before it rises, in a few occasions it hasn't come up at all.

Sounds like it's binding. Either the collar that holds the carriage to the plunger is coming loose from the carriage. Or the roll pin that holds the two piece plunger together is sticking out a little bit and binding inside the coil sleeve.

#8139 3 years ago

I’m joining the club! Working out the shipping details now.

#8140 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterTinkerer:

I’m joining the club! Working out the shipping details now.

Welcome!

#8141 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don’t have the kit yet but this may be of some help

Do you remember if you’ve ever updated code on your game?

Thanks very much for the info, i didn't upgrade the software, that was the issue with the display, its all good now.
cheers

#8142 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

thanks, software upgraded, all good now.

#8143 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

thanks very much, all sorted now,
cheers

#8144 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

You don’t need to put your old display back or anything tho... just pop in the included SD card and update now. It’s just the in game stuff that’s garbled, the loading screen and CGC stuff will show up just fine.

thanks for info, i was going to reinstall the old screen to upgrade the software until i read your post, thanks heaps, all working, just missing a few parts, will put in a ticket to CGC for those items.
cheers

#8145 3 years ago

I get my upgrades tomorrow. I have skimmed the last 30 pages. I have found the post to make the speakers go with the rgb lights. But couldn't find anything about the pop bumpers. Any know the post? I remember
reading there was something special to do. Might want to make both topics a key post on the thread.

#8146 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

I get my upgrades tomorrow. I have skimmed the last 30 pages. I have found the post to make the speakers go with the rgb lights. But couldn't find anything about the pop bumpers. Any know the post? I remember
reading there was something special to do. Might want to make both topics a key post on the thread.

The speaker lights is simple. Just put the wire in the right spot on the connector. The pop bumpers are not simple. You have to buy parts (RGB sockets and bulbs), take the pop bumpers apart to install and wire the new sockets, then splice them into the RGB GI. It also means taking many things apart (like removing ramps) just to access the pop bumpers.

Check the posts by kapsreiter in this thread. There isn't much of a guide but he does say which RGB pop bumper boards he used.

#8147 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The speaker lights is simple. Just put the wire in the right spot on the connector. The pop bumpers are not simple. You have to buy parts (RGB sockets and bulbs), take the pop bumpers apart to install and wire the new sockets, then splice them into the RGB GI. It also means taking many things apart (like removing ramps) just to access the pop bumpers.
Check the posts by kapsreiter in this thread. There isn't much of a guide but he does say which RGB pop bumper boards he used.

Thanks. No biggie on the tare down. It's time for a good cleaning anyways.

#8148 3 years ago

I own a MMrLE and purchased the upgrade mods. Any specific tips or steps to take before starting the install of the mods? I have watched SuperNova's install on youtube. Just looking for any hiccups anyone has run into specifically with the LE.

#8149 3 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

Any specific tips

Before securing the board in the head. Be sure cables reach. So you don't have to move it later.

The knocker - In commercial use I left it there and only drilled holes for three T Nuts and bolts, for the topper. I didn't move the knocker and mount it elsewhere and drill a T Nut hole in that spot.

I figured if three T Nuts and bolts weren't enough, one more wouldn't matter. As is with three, you'd still rip the top of the head off long before one more T Nut and bolt mattered.

#8150 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Before securing the board in the head. Be sure cables reach. So you don't have to move it later.
The knocker - In commercial use I left it there and only drilled holes for three T Nuts and bolts, for the topper. I didn't move the knocker and mount it elsewhere and drill a T Nut hole in that spot.
I figured if three T Nuts and bolts weren't enough, one more wouldn't matter. As is with three, you'd still rip the top of the head off long before one more T Nut and bolt mattered.

That's good advice about 3 holes and the knocker. I ended up drilling a hole in the metal that the knocker hits for the additional nut for the topper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 64.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/163?hl=manto1975 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.