IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 204.
#8051 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i also bought a BB as spare from amazon
do you know, if they are preflashed with some code or will they boot a game code sd
and that's all

How hard is it to swap the BB?

What BB did you purchase? Direct replacement fitment? Link?

Thanks.

#8052 3 years ago

Does anyone know how to replace a burnt out spotlight? Mine was burnt out from new and appears to be hot glued into the cone. Not sure the procedure or what type of bulb it is.

#8053 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

What format worked for you? I didn't reformat as that was not in the instructions for the sw download. Tks.

I reformated the card to make sure it was cleaned and redownloaded the file.

#8054 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Did you reformat the card ? It worked for me

This may help with getting the logo image to be recognized but it wont help with the installation image since all partitioning and formatting will be overwritten by the imaging process.

If you are using Windows, you can't just simply format the drive that was imaged in this manner to erase it since the files in the data partitions are going to be setup as a Linux filesystem, which Windows cannot read; the best way to blank the drive will be to remove all of the partitions completely.

Before:
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

After:

The SD card is unstable at this point as it has no filesystem; the filesystem layout (partitions) must be recreated and then formatted.

After you remove the partitions, you will want to remove the drive and reinsert it for the new partition information to be reread, Windows can be flaky if you don't. You can then create a new partition in Disk Management; I usually create new partitions without formatting them and then format the partition in a different step, this is a personal preference. Just remember if you plan on formatting this as a FAT device the maximum allowable partition size for FAT is 4GB.

Finished:

#8055 3 years ago

I installed the new Mantis castle protector without the additional hole tonight. Looks awesome! Highly recommend as it can get pretty beat at the lock entrance.

IMG_20210103_201347 (resized).jpgIMG_20210103_201347 (resized).jpg
#8056 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I installed the new Mantis castle protector without the additional hole tonight. Looks awesome! Highly recommend as it can get pretty beat at the lock entrance. [quoted image]

When did they stop putting the screw hole in? Never understood why it was there since it holds just fine with the screw thats there.

#8057 3 years ago

BAH i should get that one too!

Does cliffy made a CF for the merlin scoop?

#8058 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

When did they stop putting the screw hole in? Never understood why it was there since it holds just fine with the screw thats there.

They came out a few weeks ago. Looks like they still sell both.

#8059 3 years ago

Hello guys,

I would like to remove a troll to adjust the sensitivity.
In my search I came across several solutions.
What is the easiest and safest solution to remove the troll and how?
Thanks

#8060 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Hello guys,
I would like to remove a troll to adjust the sensitivity.
In my search I came across several solutions.
Thanks

i swear I also had to do this. I think if you get them up, you can remove the "door" then it will come out via under the pf.

#8061 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Lift it up. Clamp a vice grip on the troll carriage so it doesn't fall back into the playfield. Adjust leaf blade, see picture.

Or uplug the troll face connector. Remove the bolt securing the troll carriage to the plunger. Wiggle off the plunger lift straight up and lean to the left to have the up/down switch extension clear the hole in the playfield. On the left troll you'd need to remove the wireform over him.

LTG : )

Trollface (resized).JPGTrollface (resized).JPG
#8062 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Lift it up. Clamp a vice grip on the troll carriage so it doesn't fall back into the playfield. Adjust leaf blade, see picture.
Or uplug the troll face connector. Remove the bolt securing the troll carriage to the plunger. Wiggle off the plunger lift straight up and lean to the left to have the up/down switch extension clear the hole in the playfield. On the left troll you'd need to remove the wireform over him.
LTG : )[quoted image]

okay, thanks Lloyd. I will try, and it´s the left troll I want to adjust.
when you write "On the left troll you'd need to remove the wireform over him" you mean that the troll flap must be removed?

#8063 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

when you write "On the left troll you'd need to remove the wireform over him" you mean that the troll flap must be removed?

No, the whole wireform ramp that is overhead of the left troll. The one he bangs into going up.

Locknut on the slingshot, a screw in a hex post half way back.

#8064 3 years ago

I finally put the upgrades in!

#8065 3 years ago

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for this.

MM Meme (resized).jpgMM Meme (resized).jpg
#8066 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for this.[quoted image]

Quoted from YZRider926:

Good one! I like it! Fairly safe.

#8067 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Too soon........Wait at least 13 more days.........

#8068 3 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Good one! I like it! Fairly safe.

Quoted from EricHadley:

Too soon........Wait at least 13 more days.........

We on the outside have been binge watching the last season of "The United States of America" - very entertaining in a sad way. MAGA looks to be a an oxymoron or is it just a moron

#8069 3 years ago

So I installed the king of Payne topper on my MMR SE and I was wondering where does this other cord connect to? It is not listed in the instructions so is it not needed anymore? It is plugged into the "J118 Extra" spot. Everything seems to be working fine without the other end being plugged into anything.

20210109_145438 (resized).jpg20210109_145438 (resized).jpg20210109_145446 (resized).jpg20210109_145446 (resized).jpg
#8070 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

is it not needed anymore?

Not needed.

#8071 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not needed.

Thank you!!!

#8072 3 years ago

I put Pingrafix powerblades in my MMrLE today. All I can say is WOW!

The playfield was definately easy to unplug to get out. But way easier getting it back in.

They really make the game pop. And feel more interactive.

IMG_20210109_162535 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_162535 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_162600 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_162600 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_162622 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_162622 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_162633 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_162633 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_163035 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_163035 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_163203_BURST010 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_163203_BURST010 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_163203_BURST024 (resized).jpgIMG_20210109_163203_BURST024 (resized).jpg
#8073 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

The playfield was definately easy to unplug to get out. But way easier getting it back in.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look pretty darn cool.

#8074 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

awesome, love it

#8075 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I installed those as well on my MMR SE and I absolutely love them!

#8076 3 years ago

if you have a Royal Edition, you probably have to remove the Mirror Blades for the Powerbladez, right ?
is that time-consuming ? (my guess that is not so easy)

#8077 3 years ago

Here's a quick video.

#8078 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Those look awesome! How hard to install? Anyone put them on their MMRE yet?

#8079 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Those look awesome! How hard to install? Anyoneput a set on their MMRRE yet?

#8080 3 years ago

Wait sorry folks, what’s up this news update?

#8081 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Those look awesome! How hard to install? Anyone put them on their MMRE yet?

Easy to install. I chose to take the entire playfield out. Which I think you would have to. But maybe not.

It's real easy. The hardest part was just lifting the playfield out. You'll need help. Then it's just stick them on and plug them it.

It took longer to physically lift the playfield out. Than it took to disconnect it from the boards. Wire it up and get the playfield back in.

My playfield is a pretty snug fit. But I just put a bit of masking tape in a few spots. Just so it didn't catch.
received_884560048961181 (resized).jpegreceived_884560048961181 (resized).jpeg

#8082 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Easy to install. I chose to take the entire playfield out. Which I think you would have to. But maybe not.
It's real easy. The hardest part was just lifting the playfield out. You'll need help. Then it's just stick them on and plug them it.
It took longer to physically lift the playfield out. Than it took to disconnect it from the boards. Wire it up and get the playfield back in.
My playfield is a pretty snug fit. But I just put a bit of masking tape in a few spots. Just so it didn't catch.
[quoted image]

When I installed my power blades I just lifted the playfield in the upright position and installed them. I highly recommend buying the side blade protectors from pinball life to use whenever you need to lift your playfield in the future to prevent damaging the power blades. They cost $35 but they protect your $300 investment. https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#8083 3 years ago

2 years and 1 month into ownership and I finally won BFTK for the first time (2nd time making it)!! What a way to top off a weekend that included the first Bills playoff win in 25 years!

4D60CF3B-9FC8-4AC7-97A5-3A7D471A7C75 (resized).jpeg4D60CF3B-9FC8-4AC7-97A5-3A7D471A7C75 (resized).jpegD8F5D0B5-ADDE-4191-BF1F-7419BBADF7E1 (resized).jpegD8F5D0B5-ADDE-4191-BF1F-7419BBADF7E1 (resized).jpeg
#8084 3 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

2 years and 1 month into ownership and I finally won

Nice job!

#8085 3 years ago

What have people done for flipper button wear protection? I usually put lollipop rails on my games. For my MMR I remember hearing the side rails are a pita to take off (glue/sticky tape?) and was thinking of getting the clear ones from PBL, attached.

#8086 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What have people done for flipper button wear protection? I usually put lollipop rails on my games. For my MMR I remember hearing the side rails are a pita to take off (glue/sticky tape?) and was thinking of getting the clear ones from PBL, attached.
[quoted image]

the best cabinet protectors around the buttons I know are the Titan ones (must have imo):
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=138

clear with no adhesive

#8087 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

What have people done for flipper button wear protection?

nothing. a decaled HUO machine just isnt going to see enough play to get worn.

Quoted from northvibe:

For my MMR I remember hearing the side rails are a pita to take off (glue/sticky tape?)

3M Automotive trim molding tape, really good stuff.

#8088 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

the best cabinet protectors around the buttons I know are the Titan ones (must have imo):
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=138
clear with no adhesive

Ohhhhh I like this.

Quoted from Pin_Guy:

nothing. a decaled HUO machine just isnt going to see enough play to get worn.

3M Automotive trim molding tape, really good stuff.

For some reason I get the feeling my kids and guests will get the cab gross with dirty fingers :-p this just puts my mind at ease. Otherwise all my games have the armor have covers

#8089 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

For some reason I get the feeling my kids and guests will get the cab gross with dirty fingers

I get that, I rub hand sanitizer all around the buttons on machines I play out in the wild.

#8090 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I get that, I rub hand sanitizer all around the buttons on machines I play out in the wild.

I used my shirt last year but man it doesn’t help all that much if it is super greasy.

There is a product....we have pinball lip balm, we need button cleaner

#8091 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Question to the MMR owners.
I notice that balls coming over the ramp do not always trigger the "FIRE" (inline) contacts in the end.
That's because normally at the end where the hole is (photo) the ball slows down for a millisecond. Then everything is normal with the "FIRE" contacts.
However, quite often (about 20-25%) the ball rushes through the hole quickly and without slowing down and there is no contact triggering.
Is that normal or can you do something with the ramps (I did not want to bend anything at this time)? I moved sideways the ramp to different places, but it didn't work.
I have to say that I used a Playfield Protector.
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the same problem with my left wire ramp as well. About 70% of the balls when going fast don't trigger the FIRE contact. Is their any way to fix this? Should I bend the wire up some? Can ball dead drop foam be used at the end of the wire ramp to slow it down?

#8092 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Should I bend the wire up some?

Learn to carefully adjust the switch.

#8093 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Learn to carefully adjust the switch.

Hi,

I am more or less sure that it is not the switch.
The ramp is designed in such a way (theoretically) that the ball loses speed at the exit of the hole by hitting (vibrating).
I have improved the problem by bending the ramp minimally and orienting it strongly to the outline at the end. The ramp must be slightly angled at the end. Costs some tests, now it is the case with me that about 75% are okay.

#8094 3 years ago

Hi guys, quick question for those who might know. Are Medieval Madness remakes in production currently? Sold out? More expected?

Thanks in advance!

#8095 3 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Hi guys, quick question for those who might know. Are Medieval Madness remakes in production currently? Sold out? More expected?
Thanks in advance!

No, yes, not for a long while if at all.

#8096 3 years ago

How many RE ended up being made?

#8097 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

just over 350

#8098 3 years ago

I frequently get a ball stuck behind the right troll when it is up. Sometimes the ball will slowly inch to the left and then drop straight down the middle. If I try to shake it out of there, the ball will still drop straight down the middle. If I wait for ball search to clear it, the ball will drop straight down the middle when the troll goes down. I don't see how to "rotate" the troll assembly as the bolt holding the assembly into the piston has no play. Are there any other adjustments that I can make to prevent the ball from getting stuck behind the right troll?

#8099 3 years ago
Quoted from N101AA:

Are there any other adjustments that I can make to prevent the ball from getting stuck behind the right troll?

The diverter flap sticking out the back. Red arrows pointing to it. Bend it a little farther out. Not too much or it won't go up and down in the hole right.

MMTrollback (resized).JPGMMTrollback (resized).JPG
#8100 3 years ago

Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Cool. Makes my MMrSE even more rare.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/162?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.