IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 204.
#7951 3 years ago

Is the right troll target the yellow stand up target in front of the castle?
(Never mind - LTG answered this!)

#7952 3 years ago
Quoted from broada:

Is the right troll target the yellow stand up target in front of the castle?
(Never mind - LTG answered this!)

You helped. Thank you !
LTG : )

#7953 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
Page 2-40 in the manual - #25 is the stand up target behind the right pop up troll assembly.

Aha! when all else fails, read the manual. Clear as day which switch that is. Assumed it was the troll itself. Yep, #25 stand up target not registering.. Thanks LTG!!

#7954 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Aha! when all else fails, read the manual. Clear as day which switch that is. Assumed it was the troll itself. Yep, #25 stand up target not registering.. Thanks LTG!!

For POI...Thanks!

96AB6ECF-00AA-45A3-8347-673ED95DA455 (resized).jpeg96AB6ECF-00AA-45A3-8347-673ED95DA455 (resized).jpeg
#7955 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Is there a kit to upgrade the pops from purple to the transparent RGB ones? Just picked up a MMR and it has all the upgrades apart from this

Waiting for kapsreiter to come up with a kit and sell them

#7956 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Waiting for kapsreiter to come up with a kit and sell them

If a kit is made I’m in for sure!

#7957 3 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

If a kit is made I’m in for sure!

Count me in, or even a parts list I’m quite capable of ordering all the bits my self

#7958 3 years ago

At startup, when Ye Old Medieval Madness comes up on the screen, it’s in a “Smoothing” format. But all the other screens, plus the scenes during game play, are in a “Dots” format. Is it possible to change all the scenes to Smoothing? Thanks!

462B3DFD-F5D5-4953-933D-64DA76EA915D (resized).jpeg462B3DFD-F5D5-4953-933D-64DA76EA915D (resized).jpeg50ADF551-A46E-4A26-B3AA-F309FDE5B815 (resized).jpeg50ADF551-A46E-4A26-B3AA-F309FDE5B815 (resized).jpeg
#7959 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

At startup, when Ye Old Medieval Madness comes up on the screen, it’s in a “Smoothing” format. But all the other screens, plus the scenes during game play, are in a “Dots” format. Is it possible to change all the scenes to Smoothing? Thanks!

No

#7960 3 years ago

That’s not a dot imaged smoothed but just a high res boot image

#7961 3 years ago

My right slingshot keeps firing on its own (even when the ball is in the pop bumpers). It does it a lot. The left one doesn’t do this. What’s wrong and how do I fix it?

#7962 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

My right slingshot keeps firing on its own (even when the ball is in the pop bumpers). It does it a lot. The left one doesn’t do this. What’s wrong and how do I fix it?

Most likely, the leaf blades that make contact with the rubber for the right slingshot are too close to each other causing it to fire when any type of vibration is on the playfield. You can easily adjust them by creating a bigger gap between the blades. You can bend the smaller back leaf away from the larger front gap. Don't do a large amount, just a little at a time. Good luck!

#7963 3 years ago

Use your MBR for reference or the left slingshot of your MMR.

#7964 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

Turn the game off. Remove the plastic over the sling shot kicker and leaf blade switches. Pull on the rubber ring around the posts, so you have equal pressure on all sides, not tight on the kicker/leaf blade switch side. The leaf blade switches - front long one should be resting on the rubber ring, not pushing it or away from it. Shorter rear one should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, yet vibration doesn't. There are two leaf blade switches, one each side of the kicker. At least one needs a little adjusting. When bending forward or backward, get as close to the fiberboard spacers as you can.

#7965 3 years ago

Found a snap ring in the cab. Looked everywhere to see and the only place I can see where it might possibly go is on the left end of the drawbridge shaft. Can anyone confirm if you have a snap ring there please. Thanks

50AEA0B9-18DA-48B0-B58B-097BB088C894 (resized).jpeg50AEA0B9-18DA-48B0-B58B-097BB088C894 (resized).jpeg7BC43824-21EC-48EA-B541-F6BA6140E2B3 (resized).jpeg7BC43824-21EC-48EA-B541-F6BA6140E2B3 (resized).jpegB1AB3801-2FBE-47BC-BECB-8BFBB3ACA6F1 (resized).jpegB1AB3801-2FBE-47BC-BECB-8BFBB3ACA6F1 (resized).jpeg
#7966 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Can anyone confirm if you have a snap ring there please.

I checked two draw bridge assemblies. And a MM and a MMR. Yes your bent open a bit snap ring goes there.

#7967 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I checked two draw bridge assemblies. Ana a MM and a MMR. Yes your bent open a bit snap ring goes there.

Thanks LTG!

#7968 3 years ago

and here how it looks in my MMRRE

Drawbridge ring (resized).jpgDrawbridge ring (resized).jpg
#7969 3 years ago

Has anyone purchased and installed the orange neon plastic protectors for the slings/guides? I see they’re offered by Laseriffic. There also appears to be other protectors offered for the entire set of plastics, but apparently in clear only. How did the neons look?

8B717824-7A76-4779-8568-6D9B1768C0E3 (resized).jpeg8B717824-7A76-4779-8568-6D9B1768C0E3 (resized).jpeg
#7970 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Has anyone purchased and installed the orange neon plastic protectors for the slings/guides? I see they’re offered by Laseriffic. There also appears to be other protectors offered for the entire set of plastics, but apparently in clear only. How did the neons look?
[quoted image]

I have both, and ended up going with the orange neon protectors....they look much better in my opinion

#7971 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have both, and ended up going with the orange neon protectors....they look much better in my opinion

And you didn’t mind omitting the metal guides in the lower lanes for the plastic ones? I agree, they look great! Did it improve the lighting in the guides as well? Thanks

#7972 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

[quoted image]

I have installed all plastics with the "neon" protectors in yellow (see also pictures by westsiderkg), which looks great. Example attached.
The guy who made this Convolux (german brand) is Sebastian. Check his homepage www.https://www.playfield-protectors.com/

Convolux plus 2 (resized).jpgConvolux plus 2 (resized).jpgConvolux plus 3 (resized).jpgConvolux plus 3 (resized).jpg
#7973 3 years ago

orange looks nice, except you have the rgb kit installed

then you should use clear ones

#7974 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

And you didn’t mind omitting the metal guides in the lower lanes for the plastic ones? I agree, they look great! Did it improve the lighting in the guides as well? Thanks

I didn't omit anything. I just installed the plastic protectors under the stock plastics. Aside from an orange glow around the perimeter of the plastic the lighting wasn't enhanced.

#7975 3 years ago

Hey everyone...I have a new, extra set of troll green lights. Bought these from judge dred in the uk for $62. If anyone want them PM me, $40 shipped. Neat 10 minute easy install and entirely removeable too. Gator clip or solder to the troll coil on your MMR. Tks.

s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
#7976 3 years ago

Added the missing plastic to my MMRE - now it looks complete - Thx Westsiderkg!!

20201215_180511 (resized).jpg20201215_180511 (resized).jpg
#7977 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Hey everyone...I have a new, extra set of troll green lights. Bought these from judge dred in the uk for $62. If anyone want them PM me, $40 shipped. Neat 10 minute easy install and entirely removeable too. Gator clip or solder to the troll coil on your MMR. Tks.
[quoted image]

I’ll take them! Sending a PM.

#7978 3 years ago

Just picked up a MM Royal it has a true 67 plays and no dimples yet.

Anyone with more plays out there can you fill me in on the dimpling? My AFM LE has it bad along with my MB LE and I’m not sure if i should get a play field protector or not.

I’m really on the fence about it and it they weren’t so damn expensive i wouldn’t even consider it.

Thanks

#7979 3 years ago

My MBr is very dimpled

Basically no dimples on my MMr royale

BUT my mmr did almost immediately start chipping at Merlin and the castle moat similar to what others have reported.

Personally I would rather have the dimples.

#7980 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Added the missing plastic to my MMRE - now it looks complete - Thx Westsiderkg!!
[quoted image]

Looks perfect, tks!!!

#7981 3 years ago

I got my MMrSE in February and have just under 600 plays on it. I was just started noticing a few playfield dimples recently. Considering how the ball tends to fly around the playfield, especially during Trolls multiball, I’m surprised there aren’t more.

#7982 3 years ago

Thank you for the info sounds like I’ll roll the dice and skip the protector.

Another question my play field print is way off on the catapult anyone else have this issue?

The gap in artwork for the cut outs doesn’t line up.

435FFC5F-62EF-462B-8367-BC7673C96BB5 (resized).jpeg435FFC5F-62EF-462B-8367-BC7673C96BB5 (resized).jpeg
#7983 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Another question my play field print is way off on the catapult anyone else have this issue?
The gap in artwork for the cut outs doesn’t line up. [quoted image]

Mines off too...just get cliffy protectors and you'll never notice most of this.

#7984 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

My MBr is very dimpled
Basically no dimples on my MMr royale
BUT my mmr did almost immediately start chipping at Merlin and the castle moat similar to what others have reported.
Personally I would rather have the dimples.

I have the same thing with my MBLE with a ton of dimples which at first was very disconcerting but used to it now. Have basically not a mark on my MMRE. I chalk it up to the fact that the playfields were made and then covid hit so they had more time to cure and harden up on the MM's

#7985 3 years ago

I have the MMR-RE #13. Love it. Will be checking in occasionally. - Scott (Twin Cities)

#7986 3 years ago
Quoted from Winslow3000:

I have the MMR-RE #13. Love it. Will be checking in occasionally. - Scott (Twin Cities)

OHHHHh another Minnesotan!

#7987 3 years ago

MMr SE in the house!! The kids are going to love it. So I had no clue this pin had Pinstadium Neo Fusion's installed. He is a quick video. Sorry for the bad quality but the light show is insane!!!

#7988 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

The gap in artwork for the cut outs doesn’t line up. [quoted image]

Mine is like this. The right side of the game the artwork lines up with the routing in the wood. All the holes on the left side it is off by this much. Seems the template for the routing is off.

#7989 3 years ago

Hey everyone! New MMR owner here. Whenever the ball ejects from Merlin, it hits the top of the right slingshot. Sometimes this directs the ball directly down the middle. I have been playing like this for a month or so, but its getting old. I currently have the pitch set at 8 degrees, so its not to flat. Any thoughts? Sorry if this has been gone over before.

JAY

#7990 3 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Hey everyone! New MMR owner here. Whenever the ball ejects from Merlin, it hits the top of the right slingshot. Sometimes this directs the ball directly down the middle. I have been playing like this for a month or so, but its getting old. I currently have the pitch set at 8 degrees, so its not to flat. Any thoughts? Sorry if this has been gone over before.
JAY

You can bend or adjust the ball guide as it exits the orbit. I also had to do that. I think my metal ball guide was behind the rubber post sleeve so it would bounce off that and go to the drain.

B2F3BC84-5208-4976-9165-041666A234C8 (resized).jpegB2F3BC84-5208-4976-9165-041666A234C8 (resized).jpeg
#7991 3 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

JAY

8 degrees is pretty high for MMR....

#7992 3 years ago

Merry Christmas fellow MMR Owners! Wifey gave me an IOU for $200 for Xmas and I’d like your advice. Shaker motor or 3D Translite? Or any other suggestions? Thanks!

#7993 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You can bend or adjust the ball guide as it exits the orbit. I also had to do that. I think my metal ball guide was behind the rubber post sleeve so it would bounce off that and go to the drain.
[quoted image]

I didnt think about that. I will give that a go. Mine doesnt hit that post, but it essentially does the same thing. Thanks for the idea!

#7994 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

8 degrees is pretty high for MMR....

Well, I thought by having it steeper and faster, it wouldnt hit the top of the slingshot. I actually like the pitch. Super fast. 6.5 was too slow IMO.

#7995 3 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

I didnt think about that. I will give that a go. Mine doesnt hit that post, but it essentially does the same thing. Thanks for the idea!

I also had to adjust mine, wasn’t hitting the post but my ball guide was in too far such that the ball would exit and hit the top of the sling, or part way down it. I took the plastic off and was able to adjust the end of the guide out enough to direct the ball past the sling to the right flipper. Its a small adjustment. Too far and a fast orbit shot will miss the flipper and go SDTM.

#7996 3 years ago
Quoted from SpyroFTW:

Well, I thought by having it steeper and faster, it wouldnt hit the top of the slingshot. I actually like the pitch. Super fast. 6.5 was too slow IMO.

Just saying the game wasn't designed to play at 8 degrees, and little adjustments make a difference. I have mine set to 7 and it plays fast and everything works perfectly.

#7997 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Merry Christmas fellow MMR Owners! Wifey gave me an IOU for $200 for Xmas and I’d like your advice. Shaker motor or 3D Translite? Or any other suggestions? Thanks!

Shaker....no brainer...

#7998 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Shaker....no brainer...

Hahah, it adds some fun for the castle explosion for sure, I need to tame mine down some.

Quoted from haveaniceswim:

You could do the gi update for $250. But requires a lot of labor to install

#7999 3 years ago

My shaker has got a lot softer after my upgrades. Where's the adjustment in the menu ?

#8000 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

My shaker has got a lot softer after my upgrades. Where's the adjustment in the menu ?

It's in the MMR System menu, hold down the service credits button for 4 seconds. In the MRM System menu you can set the shaker level and test it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/160 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.