c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 205.
#751 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Open a ticket on the Chicago-gaming.com website to get a new one.
LTG : )

Still have a ticket open on CGC. Waiting to hear from their engineer for a few weeks now about options to repair/replace.

#752 7 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Still have a ticket open on CGC. Waiting to hear from their engineer for a few weeks now about options to repair/replace.

Please pm me the ticket number and I'll see if I can kick it up a notch or two.

#753 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please pm me the ticket number and I'll see if I can kick it up a notch or two.

Thanks so much LTG for all your help!
Sending PM now.

#754 7 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Thanks so much LTG for all your help!
Sending PM now.

LTG B Da Man

#755 7 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Sending PM now.

Kicked it up a notch, I hope it helps.

#756 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I totally appreciate all your help LTG!
You're one in a million.

#757 7 years ago

Time and date reset. Anyone else having this?

#758 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Old code or new code? It was supposed to be fixed in the new update.

I hope it really was.

#759 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Old code or new code? It was supposed to be fixed in the new update.
I hope it really was.

New code.

#760 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I meant the back as in the opposite side that the ball enters the hole (left side if you're facing the game), not the back of the game itself. The ball has to get hammered to reach the other end - the hole is quite wide and catches it well before it reaches that part. Compared to the multiball lock entrance which gets hammered regularly and on mine is still pristine. And if it wasn't pristine, I'd at best call it a bad clear coat job. No game with a proper clear, I don't care who makes it, should have chips 200 games in. Like I said, the chipping affects a part of the game nobody ever sees, so I don't care and I can only guess it was like that at shipping.

correct. No game with proper clear, You don't care who makes it, should have chips 200 games in.

#761 7 years ago

I also had the time and date not set error last night, new code.

#762 7 years ago

Happened 2 days in a row

#763 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Happened 2 days in a row

It seems strange how some people have the date/time issue more frequently than others. I personally had it 4 times over a 1 year period. Assuming that the games are identical, I wonder if a difference in line voltage has an effect on it. I only have 2 games per circuit. Taylor, how many machines do you have on the same circuit as your MMR?

#764 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

It seems strange how some people have the date/time issue more frequently than others. I personally had it 4 times over a 1 year period. Assuming that the games are identical, I wonder if a difference in line voltage has an effect on it. I only have 2 games per circuit. Taylor, how many machines do you have on the same circuit as your MMR?

Just 3

#765 7 years ago

It's likely related to the RTC; I don't think this is purely a software issue, but you never know.

#766 7 years ago

Could it be that there is something else on that line such as AC/Furnace, bar fridge etc or even a couple of power hungry EM's. Sometimes electricians cheap out and put several outlets all over a basement on the same circuit. I had that problem and the Time/date stamp problem seemed to occur in that environment. Since then I had an electrician come over and put dedicated circuits with each outlet connected to its own circuit all over my basement. Its been 4 months now and still no date/time stamp issue.

Quoted from pintechev:

It's likely related to the RTC; I don't think this is purely a software issue, but you never know.

I agree, this doesn't seem like a software issue. If it was then we should all be experiencing the issue exactly the same with the same frequency. My suspicion is that the onboard ram of the beaglebone is much more sensitive to voltage fluctuations than the standard WPC boards and even a slight drop in voltage somehow corrupts the stored data on that ram.

#767 7 years ago

Anyone know if the warranty transfers if you purchase someone else's NIB that they decided to sell? Warranty info says it does not. Just curious if that is true.

Stern will warranty the game for more the the normal time no matter where you purchase machine.

If they dont buying a NIB from a consumer would be a big risk? There are plenty of things that could be wrong with machine, and I am sure the replacement boards are not cheap.

#768 7 years ago

Could it be that there is something else on that line such as AC/Furnace, bar fridge etc or even a couple of power hungry EM's. Sometimes electricians cheap out and put several outlets all over a basement on the same circuit. I had that problem and the Time/date stamp problem seemed to occur in that environment. Since then I had an electrician come over and put dedicated circuits with each outlet connected to its own circuit all over my basement. Its been 4 months now and still no date/time stamp issue.

I agree, this doesn't seem like a software issue. If it was then we should all be experiencing the issue exactly the same with the same frequency. My suspicion is that the onboard ram of the beaglebone is much more sensitive to voltage fluctuations than the standard WPC boards and even a slight drop in voltage somehow corrupts the stored data on that ram.

That could certainly be why it's happening. My AFM reset a couple of times when the AC is really going.

#769 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yes, happened over the last few days. Must be happening after a certain amount of time. I updated with the new software shortly after it was released. This is the first occurrence since then.

#770 7 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Anyone know if the warranty transfers if you purchase someone else's NIB that they decided to sell? Warranty info says it does not. Just curious if that is true.

It's true.

#771 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just heard from CGC.
We have a solution!
Thanks again LTG!!!!

#772 7 years ago

While changing over to white rubber I forgot where this plastic goes.
20160812_161908_(resized).jpg20160812_161908_(resized).jpg

Somewhere near the dragon I think, just don't remember

#773 7 years ago

I just gave my game a quick look over and could not find it. Have you been playing with your Ouiji board lately?

#774 7 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

I forgot where this plastic goes.

On the post by the dragon pointing towards the rear, under his wing.

#775 7 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

I forgot where this plastic goes.

IMG_0893_(resized).JPGIMG_0893_(resized).JPG

#776 7 years ago

Thanks Lloyd that also explains why I was short a washer. My mystery plastic instead of a washer on top.

#777 7 years ago

Going to update mine to the new software should I pull fuse f4 1st?

#778 7 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Going to update mine to the new software should I pull fuse f4 1st?

Seems like it

#779 7 years ago

what's the reasoning behind pulling that fuse?

#780 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

what's the reasoning behind pulling that fuse?

That fuse seems to blow during the update. Pull fuse.
Update.
Put fuse back.
Profit 1 fuse.

Edit: I wonder if leaving the coin door open would accomplish the same thing?

#781 7 years ago

Had problems with the catapult.
The mech was good and tight and not binding.
Ramp is aligned.
Default and +1 barley spill out to the playfield
+2 makes it back to the peasant ramp
Had to set to max to go around like it should.

#782 7 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Had problems with the catapult.
The mech was good and tight and not binding.
Ramp is aligned.
Default and +1 barley spill out to the playfield
+2 makes it back to the peasant ramp
Had to set to max to go around like it should.

Something is up; you shouldn't have to do that. Please check the ramp again. Maybe take a slow-motion video if you can and watch it on the default settings. Something is slowing the ball down.

Marc

#783 7 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

That fuse seems to blow during the update. Pull fuse.
Update.
Put fuse back.
Profit 1 fuse.
Edit: I wonder if leaving the coin door open would accomplish the same thing?

While you cannot hurt anything doing that, I am dubious that a software update can blow a fuse.

#784 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

While you cannot hurt anything doing that, I am dubious that a software update can blow a fuse.

it's been reported by multiple people as happening.
crazy

#785 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it's been reported by multiple people as happening.
crazy

Well I can't report it as happened. But since no goodie bag with a spare fuse. I acted preemptively. Just in case

#786 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Something is up; you shouldn't have to do that. Please check the ramp again. Maybe take a slow-motion video if you can and watch it on the default settings. Something is slowing the ball down.
Marc

Link to video:

Not sure what I could move on the ramp to change things, there's not much adjustment at the lower section of the wireform.
The mech moves fine when I operate it by hand, nothing sticky or rubbing, the ramp seems to be in the right location.
Just acts like the coil doesn't have enough juice.

+2 sometimes makes it, Max works all the time.
It shouldn't hurt anything to leave at max right?

Thoughts?

#787 7 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Link to video: » YouTube video
Not sure what I could move on the ramp to change things, there's not much adjustment at the lower section of the wireform.
The mech moves fine when I operate it by hand, nothing sticky or rubbing, the ramp seems to be in the right location.
Just acts like the coil doesn't have enough juice.
+2 sometimes makes it, Max works all the time.
It shouldn't hurt anything to leave at max right?
Thoughts?

Is that a cliffy protector on there? If you remove it, does it work?

#788 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Is that a cliffy protector on there? If you remove it, does it work?

Yeah there is a cliffy but I can see that nothing is touching.

#789 7 years ago

I'm on my phone so it's a little hard to see, but it looks like them all is hitting the metal ramp early in the catapult throw. That's stopping the energy and messing it up. Did you have to take those ramps off to install the cliffy? If so, carefully inspect your work and alignment. I can take some pictures if you need later today.

Marc

#790 7 years ago

Also I have set the moat popper to min. It was too powerful maybe the coil got swapped with the catapult during assembly

#791 7 years ago

Same issue with catapult here to(#355). Posted attempts to fix it long ago. Tried bending wireform, shifting side to side. Game is set to 6.5deg. Like yours, mech seems in order on inspection. No protector. I can't tell if it is just a faulty coil that's just not operating properly at lower power settings, or if the game itself is not sending enough power at the individual settings. At each setting, the results are anything but consistent. At max, most of the time it will make it around pretty smoothly. Sometimes it will catch on the top switch a bit. Sometimes it will be a very underpowered shot and roll back down the left ramp. Getting two balls stuck in the catapult usually means having to stop the game and pulling the glass off, but sometimes I get lucky and one will pop out.

I don't really know what else to try and have kinda just given up on it and been living with it as about 85% effective as I'd like it to be.

#792 7 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Yeah there is a cliffy but I can see that nothing is touching.

I agree with mschonbrun, its possible that the cliffy is impinging the catapult arm closest to its fulcrum preventing it from making its full swing forward. I had a similar problem with my Tron in that it prevented a switch from coming up all the way. Try removing it and see if it returns to normal. Looking from the top of the catapult check alignment with the wireframe. Some of the shots in the video are clearly sending the ball off the rails which may suggest a possible alignment problem. Can you take a picture looking straight down the catapult from the top without the ball? Mine is actually slightly to the left of the center of the wireframe. Definitely remove the cliffy first before doing anything more invasive.

#793 7 years ago

Can you take a picture looking straight down the catapult from the top without the ball? Mine is actually slightly to the left of the center of the wireframe. Definitely remove the cliffy first before doing anything more invasive.

I'll snap that pic tomorrow morning. There are quite a few things to do to remove the cliffy, plus it has adhesive at the top of the small end.

Here's a pic I took while installing it, you can see there should be nothing touching the cliffy.
The catapult arm is centered in the playfield hole, and the cliffy is slightly outside of that.
20160811_200128_(resized).jpg20160811_200128_(resized).jpg

#794 7 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

I'll snap that pic tomorrow morning. There are quite a few things to do to remove the cliffy, plus it has adhesive at the top of the small end.
Here's a pic I took while installing it, you can see there should be nothing touching the cliffy.
The catapult arm is centered in the playfield hole, and the cliffy is slightly outside of that.

I believe that the issue is how many things you took apart to install the cliffy. Looking at mine, the ball doesn't contact the rail until way up the ramp. The fact that yours is smacking the ball into the ramp almost right away is comcerning.

Put it back together without the cliffy and test it piece by piece. I would put just the wire form ramp back on, secure it and start testing. It didn't leave the factory like this and I am confident that you can adjust it back to proper operation.

Marc

#795 7 years ago

Improved MMR rubber list and chart.
I found a lot of conflicting info about the rubber list or the lack of one for MM. I put this together hopefully it helps others.
Nothing I found online what 100% right, resulting in some substitutions I did. They work, but I noted my changes from the stock I pulled off.

MMR_Rubber_(resized).PNGMMR_Rubber_(resized).PNG

I like filing out the outlane posts with 3/8 on the top slot, and putting mini posts everywhere there is spot for them hence the 13 instead of 2 for the 7/16OD Not 100% sure about all the locations but they should be close... missing a few H's and the E and F could be the other way around. If you order all of the non(*) rings it will match the stock rings I removed.

The smaller outlane subs 1 1/2 for 2 and 1 for 1 1/4 are tight but work ok unless you narrow the outlane gaps.

Hopefully my notation makes sense.

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Put it back together without the cliffy and test it piece by piece. I would put just the wire form ramp back on, secure it and start testing. It didn't leave the factory like this and I am confident that you can adjust it back to proper operation.

That may be true, but it works 100% fine as I have it with the cliffy installed. It doesn't hit the wireform early like at the other strength settings.
It it going to break the game to leave the catapult strength at max?
If not, why wouldn't I leave it max and not take all of that stuff apart again.

#797 7 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

That may be true, but it works 100% fine as I have it with the cliffy installed. It doesn't hit the wireform early like at the other strength settings.

I mean, sure, of course. But it was designed to work at standard strength, so the engineer in me wants to get you back to having it work they way it was designed to

#798 7 years ago

Here is a video of mine in action on default settings. Initially I thought you wire form might be the problem(based on it hitting the bottom), but It appears the catapult is just not getting enough power or is binding somewhere causing to lost power and ball to hit the bottom. I'd lift play field and double check by manually moving the catapult up and down to verify it's not getting caught up on anything. Not sure if is related, but it's odd that your catapult was under powered and your other one was over powered from factory.

IMG_0132_(resized).JPGIMG_0132_(resized).JPG
IMG_0132_(resized).JPGIMG_0132_(resized).JPG

#799 7 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

I think the real question to ask is was the catapult working before you took it apart and installed the cliffy? If so then the problem is not with the coil but with how you put everything back.

#800 7 years ago

Regarding the catapult eject being weak, below is what I've found after having my MMR on location for over a year.

Occasionally the moat eject and usually the castle destruct would get weak or quit working. Lately it is the castle destruct coil that gets flaky after 1-2 weeks. I checked connections, repinned connectors, tried various different things and the problem would always come back. I finally figured out the issue, and the same issue could be affecting your catapult strength.

The small driver board that contains the transistors sits on standoffs above the large playfield PCB that has the insert LEDs. Data is passed to the driver board through 0.1" header pins. The pins are on the driver board and push down through a 0.1" socket on the large playfield PCB. The pins are located under the chip that is on the driver board PCB. The solution is to push down and wiggle this connection to make sure you are getting good contact. After doing this my moat problems went away and my castle destruct works fine for a couple weeks but eventually it starts getting flaky again.

I don't have a good picture of what I'm describing, but I did find a pic and I've highlighted the chip that has the connector underneath it. See below.

At some point I'll fix it for good by changing the pins and socket. But right now since the game is on location I raise the playfield every couple of weeks and push/wiggle the connector and the problem goes away. This may not be your problem, but give it a try and see if it helps.

mm_driver_(resized).jpgmm_driver_(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.