3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 203.
#7851 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I called CGC today and was told they plan on making more SE's but it could be next year, it could be in three years, it could be in...
None the less, I might have to wait to avoid the insane price gouging.

I hear ya, but what makes you think we all will not get gouged again in 2023? I think it will be the same limited supply and high demand situation, so why sacrifice 3 years of time to wait for very likely the same outcome?

#7852 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is the LE mint? HUO? Low game plays? Any other upgrades? is it stainless, black, or gold powder coating? If it doesn't have color he can get the chip for $200 (versus $400)....I would offer him 83 and have him try and buy the discounted color chip

Not HUO, don’t know how many plays, no other upgrades, gold powder coat. I would say not mint based on what I mentioned already.

#7853 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Not HUO, don’t know how many plays, no other upgrades, gold powder coat. I would say not mint based on what I mentioned already.

I would get the new one.....the only thing u really get with the original LE is powder coat (black or gold), shaker, and a discount on the color chip ($200).....zero chance I would pay that much for a routed MMRLE...

#7854 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I called CGC today and was told they plan on making more SE's but it could be next year, it could be in three years, it could be in...
None the less, I might have to wait to avoid the insane price gouging.

I realize this makes me sound selfish, but they need to be working on remake #4 rather than making more MMR’s. Anybody know if that’s happening now?

#7855 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Hello MMR pinheads,
has someone replaced speakers other than with the Kicker 47KSC3504 in his MMR (3.5 inch). JBL, Alpine for example?

Yes, I compared Kicker with Infinity and Infinity was much clearer imo.
Same price.

#7856 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Yes, I compared Kicker with Infinity and Infinity was much clearer imo.
Same price.

So you actually installed both???

Ear test?

I have the Kickers. Good about 95% on all callouts for clarity.

Infinity is 100% clarity then? Sorry if I missed this, what model # did you use?

Appreciate your assessment.

Pyle was clear about 50% imo.

#7857 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

MMR LE (local pickup) for 85

Seems high, I was going to sell my perfect condition HUO LE (documented) for 8K (with the color chip) and pickup a RE, but the RE fell through. IMO the seller thinks his machine is worth more than it is.

#7858 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Seems high, I was going to sell my perfect condition HUO LE for 8K (with the color chip) and pickup a RE, but the RE fell through. IMO the seller thinks his machine is worth more than it is.

Totally agree....well south of $8K is my guess...

#7859 3 years ago

Joined the club with this beautiful 2017 Classic courtesy of Michael at Flipper Fidelity! Time to run through this thread a bit to see if I can beef up lighting and if I'm running correct code (some sounds seem off). But it plays like a dream and is already more than we hoped for. Got to Royal Madness last night and drained on the last shot - so so fun.

20201119_094724 (resized).jpg20201119_094724 (resized).jpg
#7860 3 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Ledgend Pinsider kapsreiter posted a how to:
(Thanks very much for that Tom I followed your instructions yesterday and got the speaker panel RGB all up and running )

I have tried to mod the speaker lights to be color changing but it is not working. I moved the pins from the speaker wire harness to the topper board connector for the backboard lighting but only the Backboard lights. I get no lighting from the speaker lights, they are out.

I then plugged the speaker light connector directly into the topper board where the backboard connector was and the speaker lights are then color changing.

I then tried moving the pins from the backboard connector to the Speaker light connector and plugging it in to the topper board and only the speaker lights work (with color changing) but the backboard lights do not work at all.

Any idea what the issue could be?

Thanks
Ed

#7861 3 years ago

Can you snap a pic of what you did?

#7862 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

So you actually installed both???
Ear test?
I have the Kickers. Good about 95% on all callouts for clarity.
Infinity is 100% clarity then? Sorry if I missed this, what model # did you use?
Appreciate your assessment.
Pyle was clear about 50% imo.

I did install both, IMO the Infinity was much better. Infinity model 3032cfx.
Amazon $62 and free shipping.
Could not give away the Pyles.

#7863 3 years ago

So it looks like I'm running code 2.0.2 on my Classic, but current software is 3.0.0 (with 2.0.2a in between). Does the Classic support 3.0.0? I've never purchased a pin that needs an update and want to make sure I don't screw it up.

#7864 3 years ago

How did the ohm thing workout with these speakers?

#7865 3 years ago

I want to upgrade my speakers in my mmrre, mbrle and afmle. Has anyone else used either Infinity or Kicker and have results to share? Thanks!

#7866 3 years ago

I have a question on troll sensitivity. My MMR came out of the box new in August with both trolls requiring a solid head-on hit to register. I had an issue with the bolts coming loose on the right troll, which I fixed and haven’t had any issues since. But to register a hit on either troll requires a direct, hard hit. Soft hits and glancing blows don’t count.

So yesterday I found a Williams MM in an arcade and played it. It was overall well maintained, a couple of annoying burnt out bulbs and the Merlin hole didn’t want to ever catch the ball, but the trolls were incredibly easy. The slightest brush of the ball to either troll’s face registered a hit.

I know I can make my trolls more sensitive by reducing the gap in the leaf switch. The question I have is, does anybody know how sensitive it’s “supposed” to be? I love the idea of beating more trolls at home but I don’t want to make it easier than it’s supposed to be. Any insights into the intent of the design team? Are trolls supposed to be easy or hard to beat?

By the way, based on their in game banter, I would say the left troll is definitely the more sensitive troll...

Thanks for your help.

#7867 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Does the Classic support 3.0.0?

Yes it does.

LTG : )

#7868 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

I have a question on troll sensitivity. My MMR came out of the box new in August with both trolls requiring a solid head-on hit to register. I had an issue with the bolts coming loose on the right troll, which I fixed and haven’t had any issues since. But to register a hit on either troll requires a direct, hard hit. Soft hits and glancing blows don’t count.
So yesterday I found a Williams MM in an arcade and played it. It was overall well maintained, a couple of annoying burnt out bulbs and the Merlin hole didn’t want to ever catch the ball, but the trolls were incredibly easy. The slightest brush of the ball to either troll’s face registered a hit.
I know I can make my trolls more sensitive by reducing the gap in the leaf switch. The question I have is, does anybody know how sensitive it’s “supposed” to be? I love the idea of beating more trolls at home but I don’t want to make it easier than it’s supposed to be. Any insights into the intent of the design team? Are trolls supposed to be easy or hard to beat?
By the way, based on their in game banter, I would say the left troll is definitely the more sensitive troll...
Thanks for your help.

For me, 1 was sensitive and one took a hard direct hit from new. I'd like to know the intended sensitivity as well.

#7869 3 years ago

Quoted from pinfarmer:

I'd like to know the intended sensitivity as well.

I'd set it so the slightest ball hit triggers it. But vibration doesn't. Otherwise when it goes up it will register a hit and drop.

#7870 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

I want to upgrade my speakers in my mmrre, mbrle and afmle. Has anyone else used either Infinity or Kicker and have results to share? Thanks!

I installed the Kickers and am very happy with them. No experience with Infinity’s.

#7871 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd set it so the slightest ball hit triggers it. But vibration doesn't. Otherwise when it goes up it will register a hit and drop.

Alright! If my CGC Tech says it, I do it! Thanks Lloyd! Easy trolls here I come!

#7872 3 years ago

I installed the Kickers and am very happy with them. No experience with Infinity’s.

X2 on the kickers, as I posted before, it's a huge difference. I can now hear all the callouts, nice and clear. Before they were muffled with the original speakers.

#7873 3 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

X2 on the kickers, as I posted before, it's a huge difference. I can now hear all the callouts, nice and clear. Before they were muffled with the original speakers.

Installed the Kicker's last night and agree it's a significant improvement. If you're looking for audiophile sound quality, it's not going to happen, but installing a set of 'better' 3.5" coaxial's is prudent IMO.

Looks like the crossover that accompanies the Kicker's filter out some of the lower frequencies resulting in *finally* hearing all of the call outs. It's almost like playing a new game and the call outs are funny as hell.

#7874 3 years ago

Thanks for your help.

Is there any photo or guide how to reduce the gap in the leaf switch to make the troll more sensitive?

#7875 3 years ago

I have just ordered the 5 1/4” Kickers (original panel), are people just using one connection and wiring in series?
I already put an 8 ohm sub in that I had spare and plenty of power.

#7876 3 years ago

!!! - BLACK FRIDAY SALE - !!! 10% OFF. Making 1 small batch of missing center lane pieces for the holidays by request (producing them helps me get away from the mother-in-law, lol). Sale Price Monday, 11/23 thru this Sunday only. Get one before they are gone! PM me if interested. Ready to ship today. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/99957
a2c33644c3e880ab6e8e8947c191554916c72508 (resized).jpga2c33644c3e880ab6e8e8947c191554916c72508 (resized).jpgf1facaf75bd6f4895f96af676ae3581433d3c80f (resized).jpgf1facaf75bd6f4895f96af676ae3581433d3c80f (resized).jpg

#7877 3 years ago
Quoted from Theboatnics:

Joined the club today got a little surprise when Fedex Delivered it yesterday though.
I accepted it because it was the last MMrRE NIB in existence i think or that i could find anyway.
So it looks like I am doing a decal and Fedex will pay a damage claim.
Played last night played perfect out of the box !
What a cool pin !
[quoted image][quoted image]

I once had some shipping damage about the size of a quarter on the cab my AVLE. Pink turned box, etc. My distro - JJ from game exchange - dealt with the shipping company on my behalf and got me $600 bucks out of it. No lie.

#7878 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Is there any photo or guide how to reduce the gap in the leaf switch to make the troll more sensitive?

Red arrow points to shorter rear leaf blade. Yellow arrow points to direction to bend it closer to the long leaf blade on the troll face. Adjust that shorter blade as close to the fiberboard spacers between the two leaf blades.

Trollface (resized).JPGTrollface (resized).JPG
#7879 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Think there are anymore mmr se’s out there?

My MMR SE is coming tomorrow!!! I already have the shaker motor, topper, and power blades ready to put on when i take it out of the box. I cant wait!!!

#7880 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

My MMR SE is coming tomorrow!!!

GRATZ!!!!

I must know...Where did you get it and how much did it set you back?

#7881 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

GRATZ!!!!
I must know...Where did you get it and how much did it set you back?

Back in the beginning of October I seen an arcade from Tennessee list some pinball machines for sale. Some were used, some were HUO, and some were still in the box. They purchased a SE and a royal edition. They kept the royal and sold the SE. I bought the SE for $9,000 and a HUO AFM LE for $7,900.

20201124_184422 (resized).jpg20201124_184422 (resized).jpg
#7882 3 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Back in the beginning of October I seen an arcade from Tennessee list some pinball machines for sale. Some were used, some were HUO, and some were still in the box. They purchased a SE and a royal edition. They kept the royal and sold the SE. I bought the SE for $9,000 and a HUO AFM LE for $7,900.
[quoted image]

Awesome deal!!!

#7883 3 years ago

So I tried a few different speakers.  Settled on Hertz.

I tested all 3 below as well.  Less than 1 hour play time on each.  All sounded great compared to the very low grade factory Pyle speakers, nice improvement.

I can't return them to Crutchfield, so make me a reasonable offer, save a few bucks over new, and they're yours.  All work perfectly. 

PM me if interested, tks!  

Kicker 47KSC3504 3-1/2" 2-way Coax Speakers. I paid $67 total.  Will ship conus $50 obo..

Kicker 46CSC44 4" 2-way Coax Speakers.  I paid $52 total.  Will ship conus $40 obo...

Kicker 46CSC54 5.25" CS Coax Speakers.  I paid $64 new.  Will ship conus $50 obo...(this size should work on all models with larger speakers)

Install is VERY EASY.

20201125_215552 (resized).jpg20201125_215552 (resized).jpg20201125_215605 (resized).jpg20201125_215605 (resized).jpg

#7884 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

I tested all 3 below as well.  Less than 1 hour play time on each.  All sounded great compared to the very low grade factory Pyle speakers, nice improvement.
I can't return them to Crutchfield, so make me a reasonable offer, save a few bucks over new, and they're yours.  All work perfectly. 
Kicker 47KSC3504 3-1/2" 2-way Coax Speakers. I paid $67 total.  Will ship conus $50 obo..
Kicker 46CSC44 4" 2-way Coax Speakers.  I paid $52 total.  Will ship conus $40 obo...
Kicker 46CSC54 5.25" CS Coax Speakers.  I paid $64 new.  Will ship conus $50 obo...(this size should work on all models with larger speakers)
Install is VERY EASY.

Got Hertz 1.5kw system in my van, Hertz components, Hertz Mille sub and Hertz amps. Amazing sound quality and faultless for 12 years now!
Got some 5 1/4 kickers coming for my mmr as they were really cheap £35.

#7885 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Install is VERY EASY.

Which model Hertz did you run with what happens with ‘ohm’ thing on speakers, they need to be the same as the OEM ones, right?

#7886 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Which model Hertz did you run with what happens with ‘ohm’ thing on speakers, they need to be the same as the OEM ones, right?

Went with the 87.3....ever so slightly clearer on callouts, highest db sensitivity I could find on a pair of 3.5".

The kickers were very, very good...I'm just nutz and obsessive compulsive with things like this, lol...

#7887 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Went with the 87.3....ever so slightly clearer on callouts, highest db sensitivity I could find on a pair of 3.5".
The kickers were very, very good...I'm just nutz and obsessive compulsive with things like this, lol...

Cool. And what about thing ohm thing?

#7888 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Cool. And what about thing ohm thing?

4ohm, work great.

#7889 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

4ohm, work great.

The Plye's and Kickers are also rated 4ohm.

#7890 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced a troll coil yet?

My 1 troll refuses to pop up.

Would it be the coil or something else?

#7891 3 years ago

Coils don't usually go bad. Check underneath and see if a wire came loose and all switches look correct. Does it work in test mode btw.

#7892 3 years ago

Is upgrading the speakers necessary?
I know it's subjective...however, I hear the callouts pretty clear with stock speakers.

Were there some MMr that didn't use a good speaker?

#7893 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Coils don't usually go bad. Check underneath and see if a wire came loose and all switches look correct. Does it work in test mode btw.

Good point. I'll run a test.

#7894 3 years ago

Says right troll switch 46 is bad.

Could I get help on where the switch is located and replacement part number fellows?

#7895 3 years ago

check cables to the troll
check connector

may be you just need to bend the switch blades a little bit

#7896 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Could I get help on where the switch is located and replacement part number fellows?

Also check connections to coil. I had an issue with my wizard coil not popping the ball out and it turned out to be a broken solder joint. Re-soldered wire back on to coil and everything was fine. Give the wires a ‘gentle’ pull at those connection points as I missed my fault twice before identifying the connection break.

#7897 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Is upgrading the speakers necessary?
I know it's subjective...however, I hear the callouts pretty clear with stock speakers.
Were there some MMr that didn't use a good speaker?

Already put a better 6 1/2” sub in and much better, my 5 1/4” kickers arrived today. Will report back when I get time to fit.

#7898 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Could I get help on where the switch is located

The leaf blade switch the troll face on the right is hooked to.

Check for broken wires. Tests - Switch Edge - push the troll face, if it registers then, just needs to be more sensitive. Also check if stuck closed.

If it needs adjusting. Red arrow points to shorter rear leaf blade, yellow arrow points to direction it needs to go. Bend as close to the fiberboard spacers near the bottom of both leaf blades as you can.

Trollface (resized).JPGTrollface (resized).JPG
#7899 3 years ago

Thanks everyone. I bent the blade back. Fingers crossed, seems to be working now. Thanks again!!!

#7900 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Is it getting caught on the overhanging flap or the trimmed/flush edge?

Quoted from Oaken:

At the cutout as I recall.
I guess I will have to put a couple dozen games on it today so that I can get a picture.

Realized I forgot to post a pic, so here is one I quick snapped from my kids game this afternoon.

CB17862F-F117-414C-8C6B-8BCB55FB94B1 (resized).jpegCB17862F-F117-414C-8C6B-8BCB55FB94B1 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/158?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.