c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 205.
#7501 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I'll ask again. When I upgrade my MMRLE to the new code will it erase my high scores and the number of total game plays?

It erased all my high scores which was very depressing! I just upgraded to 3.0 over the weekend and everything was wiped out! Now need to try and Battle for the Kingdom again!

#7502 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

It erased all my high scores which was very depressing! I just upgraded to 3.0 over the weekend and everything was wiped out! Now need to try and Battle for the Kingdom again!

Mine kept the high scores v1 to v3
You could always take the glass off and put your high score straight back on there if it bothers you that much.

#7503 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Mine kept the high scores v1 to v3
You could always take the glass off and put your high score straight back on there if it bothers you that much.

Ha....My MMRLE only has 180 total game plays so more worried the new code erasing the game play history than the high scores although I'd like both to be save before I upgrade. Its a little confusing why in some it erased the information and in others it did not...

#7504 3 years ago

Since upgrading to V3 the shaker motor is insanely strong... anybody figure out how to tone it down?

#7505 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I'll ask again. When I upgrade my MMRLE to the new code will it erase my high scores and the number of total game plays?

When I updated my MMrSE from 300beta to 300, I lost all my scores, stats, history and settings. Only thing I didn’t lose was my custom message. When I got my replacement controller board to fix the issue of my date and time not updating while powered off, I again lost all my scores, stats, history and settings and also my custom message. No one seems to know why and has made it a lot of work to calculate total plays.

#7506 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Since upgrading to V3 the shaker motor is insanely strong... anybody figure out how to tone it down?

Yea, there has been posts about this issue in this thread. I ended up moving the counter weights on the shaker farther apart from each other to tone the vibration down. There is no setting unfortunately in settings. They need to install a setting to adjust the Shaker.

#7507 3 years ago

Did this work?

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Yea, there has been posts about this issue in this thread. I ended up moving the counter weights on the shaker farther apart from each other to tone the vibration down. There is no setting unfortunately in settings. They need to install a setting to adjust the Shaker.

#7508 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ha....My MMRLE only has 180 total game plays so more worried the new code erasing the game play history than the high scores although I'd like both to be save before I upgrade. Its a little confusing why in some it erased the information and in others it did not...

I just finished up installing the topper. When I updated the code it saved my high scores and game play history. I played a few games and there are very subtle differences in the 3.0 code the the previous code...sounds and graphic colors....

#7509 3 years ago

Worked Great!

The allen set screw on the shaker however was EXTREMELY tight. I did not think I was going to be able to loosen it. It finally gave way.

#7510 3 years ago

MEDIEVAL MADNESS ROYAL EDITION INSTALLS : DMD, TOPPER, RGB LIGHTING

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2020/10/13/medieval-madness-royal-edition-installs-dmd-topper-rgb-lighting/

YouTube Video :

Recently my friend and I installed factory updates to the MMR pinball machine made available from Chicago Gaming. The updates make transforms the game into the Royal Edition.

The Updates Consist Of The Following :
King of Payne Topper
Larger DMD Panel
Larger Subwoofer
RGB GI Lighting
Back Panel LED
PCB Board Install

The process for all the installs took around 4-5 hours. You need to drill holes in the cabinet and head for the topper and also the subwoofer. Also you need to remove all the GI lighting in the game and replace it with the color changing GI lighting provided in the kit. Everything looks great after the installations of all the mods. I would say that the installs should be performed by someone who has knowledge of repairing pinball machines. Many hardware pieces need to be replaced on the game if you purchase all three kits.

1 topper1 (resized).jpg1 topper1 (resized).jpg10 Reveal 1 (resized).jpg10 Reveal 1 (resized).jpg11 Reveal 2 (resized).jpg11 Reveal 2 (resized).jpgTitle MM (resized).jpgTitle MM (resized).jpg

3 DMD and Subwoofer (resized).jpg3 DMD and Subwoofer (resized).jpg4 GI Lighting (resized).jpg4 GI Lighting (resized).jpg
#7511 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

There is definitely a setting to tame the shaker motor down. I set mine on “light” it is still way more that it used to be, but much better.

#7512 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not available.
This picture will help.
[quoted image]

When adjusting the wiring to allow for more than blue lights to the speakers, as you have done here, did you end up with a connector with a yellow wire and a black wire coming from the new display that is not connected to anything?

#7513 3 years ago

?? what do you mean
original only blue is connected to 12v always on

you can chang it to the right pinouts and you will have the full rgb speaker function like the RE

#7514 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

?? what do you mean
you can chang it to the right pinouts and you will have the full rgb speaker function like the RE

Quoted from kapsreiter:

?? what do you mean

Yes, I changed it just as described. There were two sets of connectors with black and yellow wires coming from the new display. One set is then moved to the connector with all of the RBG wires that goes to the new Topper PCB. The other connector with black and yellow wires is not connected to anything.

#7515 3 years ago

please post a pic

i don't know the old connector

i think some y connector is not longer necessary

#7516 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

When adjusting the wiring to allow for more than blue lights to the speakers, as you have done here, did you end up with a connector with a yellow wire and a black wire coming from the new display that is not connected to anything?

It’s on a splitter right? I think you can just remove those. I’d have to look but I think that’s what I did. Oh I think it was a z connector actually.

Funny thing, when I hooked my display up even the blue lights didn’t work. Turned out to be plugged in wrong from the factory. Easy catch but still I was like what the heck man!

#7517 3 years ago

hope you don't have voltage problems

i had do ad amplifiers to the rgb leds to fix my voltage problems with this topper board on the LE

#7518 3 years ago

Nah it was just plugged in one pin over. And now I have it hooked up for the RGB anyways so it’s all good.

#7519 3 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

The updates make transforms the game into the Royal Edition.

These are upgrades that make your MMR more like AFMR LE or MBR LE. Topper, big display, better speakers, RGB GI lighting.

They do not turn a MMR into a Royal Edition. Which has more features.

LTG : )

#7520 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

These are upgrades that make your MMR more like AFMR LE or MBR LE. Topper, big display, better speakers, RGB GI lighting.

the difference is just the leg and trim color, and that the main solenoid board is now at the backbone and at the LE at the playfield

all technical features are the same

i prefer Chrome instead of black

#7521 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

the difference is just the leg and trim color

And side mirrors, shaker motor, RGB lighting in the pop bumpers, changing speaker lights.

#7522 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And side mirrors, shaker motor, RGB lighting in the pop bumpers, changing speaker lights.

side mirrors, installed
shaler, installed

hmmm the RE have ......
RGB lighting in the pop bumpers,
would be tricky to get 4 wires through the small holes inside the bumpers

#7523 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks Lloyd for the clarification. I just meant the upgrades are more like the Royal Edition not the armor and other addons like you mentioned. My friend's game already has the shaker motor, he can change the speaker lights to change, too much work for the pop bumpers so we aren't doing that modification.

#7524 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

side mirrors, installed
shaler, installed

hmmm the RE have ......
RGB lighting in the pop bumpers,
would be tricky to get 4 wires through the small holes inside the bumpers

You can make a MMR into a royal. But it won't be a CGC produced one.

I just hate to see people trying to sell a souped up one for more money. Like the Addams that pop up that are made to look like an Addams Gold.

#7525 3 years ago

That’s an interesting line to walk, especially after CGC already kinda flipped LE owners the bird with a Limited-er Edition.

As far as I’m concerned tho, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... GGC gave us an upgrade path and that’s all I could ask for really.

#7526 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can make a MMR into a royal. But it won't be a CGC produced one.
I just hate to see people trying to sell a souped up one for more money. Like the Addams that pop up that are made to look like an Addams Gold.

the pop bumpers should be the giveaway. If not then the serial number definitely.

#7527 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That’s an interesting line to walk, especially after CGC already kinda flipped LE owners the bird with a Limited-er Edition.
As far as I’m concerned tho, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck... GGC gave us an upgrade path and that’s all I could ask for really.

Agreed, Im just thrilled that CGC did not forget their customers and offered the upgrade kit. Game looks so much better now its incredible. But I agree with Lloyd as well, I would never expect to sell this for as much as a Royal Edition.

#7528 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The complete upgrade kit comes with everything necessary to have speaker changing lights. Making it happen was easy and less technical that some of the other portions of the upgrade. Do you think it was just an oversight to not include how to do it in the instructions booklet?
Like others, I am beyond happy that CGC offered these kits to us early adopters and supporters.

#7529 3 years ago

Still waiting on my topper (paid 7/29/20) and have heard all the reasons...so not holding my breath here...(Been told "it's shipping next week" 4 or 5 times now..ugh)

But on a positive side - I did receive and install 3 mods from "Lermods" - Trough illumination, Underside illumination (both ties in with the RGB of the machine) and the Trolls illumination (sorry, but a must have!) - these all were installed in less than an hour and really added for the small amount paid for the 3 mods. Kudo's to Lermod's and customer support!

#7530 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Funny thing, when I hooked my display up even the blue lights didn’t work. Turned out to be plugged in wrong from the factory. Easy catch but still I was like what the heck man!

Exact same thing happened on mine, the connector from the factory was off by 1 pin. Spoke to someone from CGC and we figured out the problem. The lights now work, just only in blue...will have to look into making them RGB.

#7531 3 years ago

nothing is impossible LTG

#7532 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

I was thinking about doing those as well but my understanding is that it is like a 4-5 hour install as you have to take alot off the game to get to the Pops and then have to take the pops apart. Too much work for me!

Great job that you were able to do it though!

#7533 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

I never said anything is impossible.

#7534 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

please post a pic
i don't know the old connector
i think some y connector is not longer necessary

Here is the empty connector in question.

One final question is regarding the ground wire from the display. I left the previous display's green/yellow ground wire in place as it was already attached to the connector. I simply place the new display's green ground wire under that one. Any better ideas?

IMG_3805 (resized).jpegIMG_3805 (resized).jpegIMG_3806 (resized).jpegIMG_3806 (resized).jpeg
#7535 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

Please provide us with a guide!

#7536 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Please provide us with a guide!

i used this led cluster

https://www.leds24.com/12V-LED-Cluster-rund-3x-Fullcolor-5050-RGB-SMD-LEDs-fertig-verkabelt-120-

i had to dremel on both side 2-3 mm then they fit perfect into the bumper case

drill the 2 cable holes a little bigger to get 2 of the 4 cables in every hole and connect to rgb string

now i have to order clear caps from rick, the version with the sunburst in not in stock in Europe

tom

#7537 3 years ago

I love my AFMR color changing lights, what’s the best option to get that same look on the MMRLE(with the RE upgrade)?

#7538 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

where did you get the mirror blades from? You still recommend them? I just got MMR SE and thinking about mirror blades, tilt graphics or lighted powerbladez.

Any suggestions on where to get the mirror blades?

#7539 3 years ago

Probably paid too much but got mine at Gameroom Guys.

#7540 3 years ago

Added the mods noted above, shaker , mirror blades and ordered the topper for my SE. Love this game!

#7541 3 years ago

@ Reefkeep: I believe Cointaker still carries mirror blades.

#7542 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

Any suggestions on where to get the mirror blades?

I got them from cointaker https://cointaker.com/products/ballywms-remake-mirror-blades

#7543 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

I love my AFMR color changing lights, what’s the best option to get that same look on the MMRLE(with the RE upgrade)?

Should have said color changing speaker lights.

#7544 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

Should have said color changing speaker lights.

There’s an earlier post where there are directions how to re-pin the connector to make the RGB speaker lights work.

Note - it’s post 7004!

#7545 3 years ago

here again

mmr-speaker-rgb.pdfmmr-speaker-rgb.pdf
#7546 3 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Still waiting on my topper (paid 7/29/20) and have heard all the reasons...so not holding my breath here...(Been told "it's shipping next week" 4 or 5 times now..ugh)
But on a positive side - I did receive and install 3 mods from "Lermods" - Trough illumination, Underside illumination (both ties in with the RGB of the machine) and the Trolls illumination (sorry, but a must have!) - these all were installed in less than an hour and really added for the small amount paid for the 3 mods. Kudo's to Lermod's and customer support!

I ordered my upgrades in November last year. I’m hanging out for them to arrive in Australia. I’m sure it will be worth the wait!

#7547 3 years ago

Wow! And I was complaining, ugh And yes, I agree, will be worth it's wait!

#7548 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

here again
[quoted image]

Yeah that one!

Thanks for the great directions dude.

#7549 3 years ago

MMR LE with RGB Bumpers

now i need clear caps

IMG_3266 (resized).jpgIMG_3266 (resized).jpg
#7550 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

MMR LE with RGB Bumpers
now i need clear caps
[quoted image]

Now we need directions for this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/151?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.