IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 204.
#7451 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

rit dye looks like its for fabrics.

People have used it on flippers in the past. I don't know what colors or how successful it was.

LTG : )

#7452 3 years ago

Last night for the first time I got to Battle for the Kingdom and drained. During the game I got to the video mode twice, which was a first for me. This morning after my 4th game I finally won....didn't realize they give u $50M for winning Ended up with 328M....didn't see the video mode once during that game. I did however earn 4 extra balls...two for blowing up castles (mine is set at 4 castles and I went through it twice), and two more for completing Royal Madness twice.

#7453 3 years ago

I swear I got the video mode qualified yesterday, but it was during one of the multiballs and once multiball finished I couldn’t see how to start it.

#7454 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I swear I got the video mode qualified yesterday, but it was during one of the multiballs and once multiball finished I couldn’t see how to start it.

Merlin hole.

#7455 3 years ago

Yep...I honestly didn't know one existed until yesterday, and when it started I had no idea what the heck I was doing....although today for the first time I noticed that it was an option in Merlins Magic, but it never seems to get selected.

#7456 3 years ago

Arriving tomorrow is my XL display and sound upgrade. A little pricey but a nice addition for sure.

#7457 3 years ago

Yesterday I also got the video mode for the first time ever. Didn’t know it existed. I think you just have to move the farmer from side to side to stab the falcons.

#7458 3 years ago

Okay guys, stupid question, what setting is it that shows your initials and high scores?

#7459 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Arriving tomorrow is my XL display and sound upgrade. A little pricey but a nice addition for sure.

That’s great, make a video! Who did you order it from?

#7460 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Last night for the first time I got to Battle for the Kingdom and drained. During the game I got to the video mode twice, which was a first for me. This morning after my 4th game I finally won....didn't realize they give u $50M for winning Ended up with 328M....didn't see the video mode once during that game. I did however earn 4 extra balls...two for blowing up castles (mine is set at 4 castles and I went through it twice), and two more for completing Royal Madness twice.

My high score is now an embarrassment.... well done

#7461 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

what setting is it that shows your initials and high scores?

In the manual page 1-51. A.4 01 set to on.

#7462 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the manual page 1-51. A.4 01 set to on.

That setting is in the games High Score Adjustments menu.

#7463 3 years ago
Quoted from Reefkeep:

That’s great, make a video! Who did you order it from?

Ordered it through PPS last week. They posted in the MMR thread they had a few ready to ship. I had been thinking about ordering one but did not want to wait a month for it to be shipped.

#7464 3 years ago

So Merlins Magic is just lit as normal and it selects the video mode?

#7465 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes, but its random. Its not always an option.

#7466 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

regarding Video Mode:
Video Mode is lit by (default) 8 completions of FIRE (on the inlanes and outlanes), and started in Merlin's Saucer or randomly selected by Merlin´s Saucer.

The video mode is called "Save the Children", and you must save 3 children from being captured by a large flock of buzzards (or some other evil bird). Kill 30, and you win. If one child is taken, you lose. The mode plays a lot like Defender, with the buzzards trying to carry the babies off the top of the dot display. You receive 100K for each buzzard killed, and a 1M bonus for completion.

There is a secret weapon available in the Video Mode. (never seen, maybe to be activated via launch button)

#7467 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Video Mode is lit by (default) 8 completions of FIRE (on the inlanes and outlanes), and started in Merlin's Saucer or randomly selected by Merlin´s Saucer.

One the same ball? Or in total? I know FIRE resets on the next ball, but do the FIRE completions carry over?

#7468 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

regarding Video Mode:
The video mode is called "Save the Children", and you must save 3 children from being captured by a large flock of buzzards (or some other evil bird). Kill 30, and you win. If one child is taken, you lose. The mode plays a lot like Defender, with the buzzards trying to carry the babies off the top of the dot display. You receive 100K for each buzzard killed, and a 1M bonus for completion.
There is a secret weapon available in the Video Mode. (never seen, maybe to be activated via launch button)

Hmmm....I've never seen or heard of a secret weapon.....I've been in this mode 4 times and have never beat it....although the first 2 times I had no idea what I was doing.

#7469 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Hmmm....I've never seen or heard of a secret weapon.....I've been in this mode 4 times and have never beat it....although the first 2 times I had no idea what I was doing.

It is tricky to beat. You have to think ahead of the birds. I have finished it once. Usually get to about 20 then a kid is taken... As for the secret weapon? Never heard of it until now.

#7470 3 years ago

Completing 8 fires in the game. Not in 1 ball. Merlin’s magic has to be lit in order to start the video mode.

As for the secret weapon. The launch button kills all the birds that are on the screen. You only get one “bomb”. If a bird catches a child and u cant kill it hit the launch button before the bird goes off the screen.

With a lot of people not knowing about the video mode I wonder how many have never started barnyard madness......

#7471 3 years ago

On our MM Royal, when my son got 5 cows on the catapult mode, and then began the video mode (from the Merlin scoop), he started ‘Save the Calves’ video mode.
This was a different video mode than Save the Children.
Can’t recall this being on my original MM.

How do you start Barnyard Madness?

#7472 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

On our MM Royal, when my son got 5 cows on the catapult mode, and then began the video mode (from the Merlin scoop), he started ‘Save the Calves’ video mode.

Save the calves is an easter egg. Same as save the children but with calves and moo sounds.

Catapult all 5 different items and the catapult will flash for Barnyard Madness.

#7473 3 years ago

Thanks Mike. I recall achieving Barnyard Madness on my original MM many years ago and didn’t now recall the mode. Will be focusing on that next time I play.

#7474 3 years ago

Yes, Barnyard madness is very amusing. Lots of great sounds but very difficult to get to Barnyard Madness.

#7475 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

People have used it on flippers in the past. I don't know what colors or how successful it was.

What would you recommend for possibly grinding off the Williams logo? I have a small dremel but not sure what tip can be used for fine control.

#7476 3 years ago

Just out of curiosity, how many "obscure" modes are there (including wizard and mini-wizard modes)?

#7477 3 years ago

I don’t know about obscure, but here’s what I have seen:

Castle (main) Multiball
Multiball Madness (stackable multiballs for all the ramps, lanes. Trolls and catapult)
Barnyard (catapult) Multiball
Trolls!
Whack a Troll
Save the Children video mode (also a hidden cow version)
Royal Madness
Battle for the Kingdom

#7478 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

What would you recommend for possibly grinding off the Williams logo? I have a small dremel but not sure what tip can be used for fine control.

Dremel would be too hot.

I'd lay a flat piece of sand paper down and sand it off by hand. Keep using finer grits so you leave a smooth surface.

#7479 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Hmmm....thats a new one...never seen that mode so if u get 5 cows, chickens, skulls, etc...it gives u an option for a new video mode or is it just cows? Getting 5 of anything is a serious challenge.

#7480 3 years ago

I believe it was just for cows that it applies; and he unlocked Save the Calves video mode. He indicated he got 5 cows (I know that sounds high) before he started the video mode. It’s possible you only need 3 cows? Maybe somebody else can chime in on this.

#7481 3 years ago

The old Cows and Easter Eggs site says get three cows then start video mode.

http://hem.bredband.net/b257182/Cows&Easter.htm

#7482 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

You can buy new plain ones from Pinball Life for a couple of bucks each. Keep the Williams logo ones for spares.

rd

#7483 3 years ago

more or less all rules, goals and infos of MM/MMR are here: http://pinball.org/rules/medievalmadness.html

#7484 3 years ago

Barnyard Madness looks maxing with the RGB lighting on the Royal. It was rather amazing. Just wish it was a bit easier to achieve. There will be a next time.

#7485 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You can buy new plain ones from Pinball Life for a couple of bucks each. Keep the Williams logo ones for spares.
rd

I need purple. As mentioned, PBL doesnt come in purple.

#7486 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I need purple. As mentioned, PBL doesnt come in purple.

I think he meant to buy the plain ones to dye and save the logo ones.

#7487 3 years ago

I got the new topper today...it looks nice ... unfortunately the only thing in the box was the topper and templates....I had to put in a ticket CGC to hopefully get the balance of the hardware to install it.

#7488 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I think he meant to buy the plain ones to dye and save the logo ones.

Yes.

rd

#7489 3 years ago

Installing the GI Upgrade is proving to be a Royal PIA. Among other issues, one of the clear caps has come off of one of the GI string lights. Is there a best way to re-attach these caps when they come off?

#7490 3 years ago

How do you know if it’s updating? How long it takes for new update I’m just getting a black screen

#7491 3 years ago
Quoted from Djsandoz:

How do you know if it’s updating? How long it takes for new update I’m just getting a black screen

Try another microsd card.

#7492 3 years ago

Is it a zip file that comes out of the applepi- for Mac?

#7493 3 years ago

designed and installed some clear plastic protectors (5-pieces) today

45,-$ shipped

IMG_3252 (resized).jpegIMG_3252 (resized).jpegIMG_3253 (resized).jpegIMG_3253 (resized).jpegIMG_3254 (resized).jpegIMG_3254 (resized).jpegIMG_3255 (resized).jpegIMG_3255 (resized).jpegIMG_3256 (resized).jpegIMG_3256 (resized).jpeg
#7494 3 years ago

new acrylic mirror
coat of arms for MMR standard display size or XL display
49$ shipped to usa

e0cbbc4df9770b6fc2516b2173788fc4b5b47fab (resized).jpge0cbbc4df9770b6fc2516b2173788fc4b5b47fab (resized).jpg
#7495 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Got my custom logo installed last night...much better than the CGC logo
[quoted image]

What kind of SD Card did you use? Was is FAT32 formatted? No matter what SD card I use, my MMr says it is unable to mount the card. I've even used the same card that worked for my MBr. I am running the latest firmware version. Thanks to anyone who can share the special trick for successfully loading a custom logo.

#7496 3 years ago

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I'll ask again. When I upgrade my MMRLE to the new code will it erase my high scores and the number of total game plays?

#7497 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I'll ask again. When I upgrade my MMRLE to the new code will it erase my high scores and the number of total game plays?

Shouldn't. Mine didn't.

#7498 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Shouldn't. Mine didn't.

Great ... thank you

#7499 3 years ago

Mine didn’t either.

#7500 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

What kind of SD Card did you use? Was is FAT32 formatted? No matter what SD card I use, my MMr says it is unable to mount the card. I've even used the same card that worked for my MBr. I am running the latest firmware version. Thanks to anyone who can share the special trick for successfully loading a custom logo.

Custom Logo update: I continued to try the same FAT32 formatted SD card multiple times in a row. On my 6th or 7th try, my MMr finally mounted the card and allowed me to load a custom logo. So, if you're having issues, keep trying. It also may help to sweet talk the machine while you're trying

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 9.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/150?hl=cayenne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.