c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 205.
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

When I was doing some cleaning, I noticed the wood area under the swinging door looked chipped up on the edge, when I place my finger back there I can lift it like its a layer of plastic and I hoping this is the case and not clear coat. Does the game come come with clear plastic protection over that area or is it clear coat?

It's clearcoat. Get that sealed ASAP and then throw a Mantis protector over it!

Edit: Lloyd is right...it's a Mantis protector.

#702 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Does the game come come with clear plastic protection over that area or is it clear coat?

Clear coat. I'd put the Mantis protector on there.

LTG : )

#703 7 years ago

If it's like the original it's clearcoat.

#704 7 years ago

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Glad I caught it before any cc pieces came out, I should be able to get that sealed up and good as new.

#705 7 years ago

On mine the hole the ball falls into after entering the castle has clear coat chips at the back end...the side that the ball rarely reaches...after 200 plays. Defect in mfg. Little disappointed but this hole is invisible to the player so at least it's this hole with the defect.

#706 7 years ago

I highly recommend the Mantis protector set for any MM/MMR owner.

Marc

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

On mine the hole the ball falls into after entering the castle has clear coat chips at the back end...the side that the ball rarely reaches...after 200 plays. Defect in mfg.

I don't think it's a manufacturing defect. The balls goes across and rolls over the edge.

Remember when Larry Demar and another video taped the kickout hole on Monster Bash and discovered all the wear was caused by the ball going in, than coming out ?

#708 7 years ago

I just ordered my set of mantis protectors today, I don't see any chipping on mine yet... I think I'm also going to grab some 3m automotive stone guard from work tomorrow and wrap that edge as well.

#709 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't think it's a manufacturing defect. The balls goes across and rolls over the edge.

I meant the back as in the opposite side that the ball enters the hole (left side if you're facing the game), not the back of the game itself. The ball has to get hammered to reach the other end - the hole is quite wide and catches it well before it reaches that part. Compared to the multiball lock entrance which gets hammered regularly and on mine is still pristine. And if it wasn't pristine, I'd at best call it a bad clear coat job. No game with a proper clear, I don't care who makes it, should have chips 200 games in. Like I said, the chipping affects a part of the game nobody ever sees, so I don't care and I can only guess it was like that at shipping.

#710 7 years ago

How do you guys shoot for the catapult? I usually just have them go in by chance, but last night, I needed one more for BFTK and I drained two balls while trying to shoot it.

#711 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you guys shoot for the catapult? I usually just have them go in by chance, but last night, I needed one more for BFTK and I drained two balls while trying to shoot it.

Pretty much just short of the tip of the right flipper will get ya in there

#712 7 years ago

That's what I was trying. I'll have to practice that shot more.

#713 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I meant the back as in the opposite side that the ball enters the hole (left side if you're facing the game), not the back of the game itself.

Sounds like you need Cliffy's Moat Jump & Ramp Protector: http://www.passionforpinball.com/mm.htm

#714 7 years ago

Some LED changes.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

Some LED changes.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#716 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#717 7 years ago
Quoted from Phantom1911:

Some LED changes.

That looks awesome!

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

That looks awesome!

Thanks! For the most part I just colour matched the LED to the plastic above. My idea was to just get more saturation in the colour. There's a couple places, like under the slings, where I still wanted white light aimed at the playfield so I custom altered some dual flex LEDs so that I had the colour pointing up at the plastic and a warm white aimed sideways at the Playfield.

#719 7 years ago

Those of you who have installed the mantis protesters, are you drilling the hole for the second screw for the moat/ball lock protector, or just using the one screw?

#720 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Those of you who have installed the mantis protesters, are you drilling the hole for the second screw for the moat/ball lock protector, or just using the one screw?

Just the one screw. No need for the second.

#721 7 years ago

Thanks!
I might put some double strip tape under instead.

#722 7 years ago

I used some double sided tape under it to make sure it stays put

#723 7 years ago

Just got my tracking info for HD Color upgrade!!! Anyone else get the email yet!
I'm looking forward to seeing this in person, the videos looked awesome.

#724 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Just got my tracking info for HD Color upgrade!!! Anyone else get the email yet!
I'm looking forward to seeing this in person, the videos looked awesome.

I got the email, if all goes well it should be arriving on Tuesday!

#725 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Anyone else get the email yet!

I did not. I shall be living vicariously through you.

#726 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Cliffy and Mantis make for a great combo on this game. I used the Cliffy protector for the back hole inside castle, and the Mantis for the entrance with double side tape under to keep it in place.

IMG_0027_(resized).JPGIMG_0027_(resized).JPG
IMG_0025_(resized).JPGIMG_0025_(resized).JPG
IMG_0024_(resized).JPGIMG_0024_(resized).JPG
IMG_0022_(resized).JPGIMG_0022_(resized).JPG

#727 7 years ago

Color will be here Monday...must be a dream

#728 7 years ago

Got my color shipping email with tracking number as well. Forget which carrier their using so can't tell when it's supposed to arrive.

#729 7 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Forget which carrier

There are only a few. Start with USPS Tracking, if error comes up then UPS Tracking, if error then FedEx Tracking.

Or try Google - type in Tracking and the number, see what you get.

#730 7 years ago

After I did the S/W update, the knocker doesn't work anymore, and prior to the update it certainly worked.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Robert

#731 7 years ago

Yes strange enough I had the exact same knocker issue, During the update process the knocker went off really loud and then I noticed it wasn't working anymore after the update. Checked the fuse and that was it - can't remember the fuse number I think it was a 4a Slow Blow. No issues since I replaced the fuse about a week ago.

#732 7 years ago

Received and installed my color today. Nice little package. Easy to install with included chip removal tool. Really looks fantastic. Now my Star Trek Pro is jealous.

#733 7 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Received and installed my color today. Nice little package. Easy to install with included chip removal tool. Really looks fantastic. Now my Star Trek Pro is jealous.

did they include the update on a chip as well or just the hardware only?

#734 7 years ago

did they include the update on a chip as well or just the hardware only?

They include an 8gb microSD card with the software update on it.

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from bobbypin:

Yes strange enough I had the exact same knocker issue, During the update process the knocker went off really loud and then I noticed it wasn't working anymore after the update. Checked the fuse and that was it - can't remember the fuse number I think it was a 4a Slow Blow.

Yea, WTF...my F4 fuse is open too. Why would a fuse blow when one is updating the S/W?

Thanks for the idea to check the fuse.

Robert

#736 7 years ago

Anyone else notice that there is no williams "bong" on boot up?

None on mine since the update, no real issue. I just find it weird that it's gone.

#737 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Yea, WTF...my F4 fuse is open too. Why would a fuse blow when one is updating the S/W?
Thanks for the idea to check the fuse.
Robert

Stranger things have happened, but I cannot see how it's related. I'll check in on it, though.

#738 7 years ago

So is knocking to indicate that the software has been successfully updated and that results in a blown F4?

#739 7 years ago

So is knocking to indicate that the software has been successfully updated

No.

#740 7 years ago

And this is why I love pinball:

I don't consider myself a great pinball player by any stretch, so when games go good it is very exciting! I was playing today and had 51mil on ball 1. by ball 3 I had just "The King of Payne" left to destroy... I dropped the draw bridge, started castle multiball, and went for the gate... I destroy the gate and before i have a chance to make the final shot... Boom, all the balls drain! I couldn't believe it. Regardless, it was still an exciting game to me and the reason I love playing these machines!
Hope everyone is enjoying it this much too!

MMr_Score_(resized).JPGMMr_Score_(resized).JPG

#741 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I don't consider myself a great pinball player by any stretch, so when games go good it is very exciting! I was playing today and had 51mil on ball 1. by ball 3 I had just "The King of Payne" left to destroy... I dropped the draw bridge, started castle multiball, and went for the gate... I destroy the gate and before i have a chance to make the final shot... Boom, all the balls drain! I couldn't believe it. Regardless, it was still an exciting game to me and the reason I love playing these machines!

That's why I love em too. That one great game session makes it so fun and satisfying. It always makes you come back for more!

#742 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

And it gets better especially when you battle for the kingdom and hear the blood curdling screams of the King of Payne being destroyed...priceless...errr $8000US.

#743 7 years ago

Just playing around with my new phone....

MMR2_(resized).jpegMMR2_(resized).jpeg
MMR3_(resized).jpegMMR3_(resized).jpeg
MMR1_(resized).jpegMMR1_(resized).jpeg
MMR4_(resized).jpegMMR4_(resized).jpeg

#744 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Sweet.

looks like you bought and installed the Color upgrade to your phone

#745 7 years ago

That phone takes some awesome pics and I must say that you have chosen your subject material wisely.

#746 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What phone are you using?

#747 7 years ago

S6

#748 7 years ago

All ... I'm working on stocking more MMR specific parts for people who want spares of things, PCB's, etc. I did get a couple of pallets of MMR (and often MM) parts and put them on the store last night but all is in limited supply without impacting production so I need to grab them when I can. Those initial ones are on the store, but if anyone has any specific parts that they need and cannot find let me know. We have 2 of the 3 wire ramps, and waiting on the 3rd as well as some additional pieces of Gold and Black trim (have the lockdown bars but not yet legs or side trim).

You can post here or email me ([email protected]) what you need that you cannot get so I can get it ordered.

thanks.

#749 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All ... I'm working on stocking more MMR specific parts for people who want spares of things, PCB's, etc. I did get a couple of pallets of MMR (and often MM) parts and put them on the store last night but all is in limited supply without impacting production so I need to grab them when I can. Those initial ones are on the store, but if anyone has any specific parts that they need and cannot find let me know. We have 2 of the 3 wire ramps, and waiting on the 3rd as well as some additional pieces of Gold and Black trim (have the lockdown bars but not yet legs or side trim).
You can post here or email me ([email protected]) what you need that you cannot get so I can get it ordered.
thanks.

Rick
Do you have any spare solenoid driver boards for sale?
My buddy who has an MMr has only gotten to play it for one day before a transistors on the board fried. I'd try and replace the transistor myself but afraid to drill it out.
-Ran

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

My buddy who has an MMr has only gotten to play it for one day before a transistors on the board fried.

Open a ticket on the Chicago-gaming.com website to get a new one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.