IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 204.
#7401 3 years ago

Hi guys considering joining this club and had a few questions.

I’m looking at a classic edition, how does the build quality for it compare to the earlier MMr models and AFMr/MBr?

Can you upgrade the classic edition to the RGB lighting? Is this upgrade kit very hard to get still?

Lastly, watching videos it seems like the ball rattles around a bit more around the right side gate when leaving the Merlin saucer (vs an original) - am I wrong in that observation?

Thanks!

#7402 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m looking at a classic edition, how does the build quality for it compare to the earlier MMr models and AFMr/MBr?
Can you upgrade the classic edition to the RGB lighting? Is this upgrade kit very hard to get still?
Lastly, watching videos it seems like the ball rattles around a bit more around the right side gate when leaving the Merlin saucer (vs an original) - am I wrong in that observation?
Thanks!

Played 2 originals recently and ball acts the same as my MMr leaving the saucer to gate.

#7403 3 years ago

Added a sub filter today and sounds better now, just need to fit a proper 6.5” bass speaker as the original is quiet at those low frequencies.
Seems that the cab speaker muddles the sound as it is clearer now. Just needed to balance it out on the menu to sound good. Nicer bass as well.
Cheap improvement.

390B6C46-2025-436A-AC18-1249C3550E53 (resized).jpeg390B6C46-2025-436A-AC18-1249C3550E53 (resized).jpeg

#7404 3 years ago

yeah, the Royal Edition is now Top 100 listed. Awsome rating!
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/medieval-madness-remake-royal

#7405 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Played 2 originals recently and ball acts the same as my MMr leaving the saucer to gate.

Good to know, any idea on my other questions? Much appreciated!

#7406 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Good to know, any idea on my other questions? Much appreciated!

No, sorry can’t help with those. I have the LE earlier remake and build is pretty good and playfield is nice.

#7407 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks!

Love my mmr royale but it has had more issues than my MBr. Mostly cosmetic, But some play issues too. I would still rate the build quality of my MBr as superior.

#7408 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Love my mmr royale but it has had more issues than my MBr. Mostly cosmetic, But some play issues too. I would still rate the build quality of my MBr as superior.

Thanks, what kind of issues if you don't mind me asking?

#7409 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yes you can. Kits are being made now. Might be a wait but they'll be available.

LTG : )

#7410 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes you can. Kits are being made now. Might be a wait but they'll be available.

Thanks do you know if there are any build differences between the CE and the older LE/Standard models? I've heard people say that AFMr and MBr have better build quality and I'm wondering if that translated to the newer runs of MMr.

#7411 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks do you know if there are any build differences between the CE and the older LE/Standard models?

None I know of.

#7412 3 years ago

Any ideas as to what to do with the old display? Does it have any value on ebay for instance? It put it in a box and in a closet.. seems like a waste.

#7413 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Any ideas as to what to do with the old display? Does it have any value on ebay for instance? It put it in a box and in a closet.. seems like a waste.

Good question

#7414 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Might be useful for a virtual pin?

#7415 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks!

FWIW, if you’re thinking you will ever want the upgrades, just drop an extra G and buy an SE now and you’ll save money. Remember the color display upgrade alone is $400, the XL display panel is $650 and the RGB is $250.

Plus while the new classics are pre wired for the RGB (as far as I know) changing all those bulbs will still require a good deal of work.

#7416 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Just as spares I’d imagine. It would be nice I there was some way to reuse it or refit it onto another WPC95 pin, but that would probably take some serious doing.

#7417 3 years ago

What’s the best way to protect the Merlin saucer?

#7418 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Added a sub filter today and sounds better now, just need to fit a proper 6.5” bass speaker as the original is quiet at those low frequencies.
Seems that the cab speaker muddles the sound as it is clearer now. Just needed to balance it out on the menu to sound good. Nicer bass as well.
Cheap improvement.
[quoted image]

Can you share the specs of that filter? Or a link? Thanks!

#7419 3 years ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

Make a clock out of it.

#7420 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

FWIW, if you’re thinking you will ever want the upgrades, just drop an extra G and buy an SE now and you’ll save money. Remember the color display upgrade alone is $400, the XL display panel is $650 and the RGB is $250.
Plus while the new classics are pre wired for the RGB (as far as I know) changing all those bulbs will still require a good deal of work.

Haven't the SE's been sold out for quite some time? They didn't even make very many of them.

#7421 3 years ago

I forgot to look at my game, I have a few Beagle board blacks laying around from projects but I wanted to leave one with the game for future issues. The BB is just a beagle board black, in MMR /LE correct?

#7422 3 years ago

CGC must have one person working on the upgrades.

#7423 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Haven't the SE's been sold out for quite some time? They didn't even make very many of them.

CGC will make SEs as long as they’re making the game, it’s just one of their normal production games... it’s the Royals (and of course the original LE run) that were limited to however many they made.

I can’t speak to if they’re making them right now, but it seems like they would be, right?

#7424 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

CGC will make SEs as long as they’re making the game, it’s just one of their normal production games... it’s the Royals (and of course the original LE run) that were limited to however many they made.
I can’t speak to if they’re making them right now, but it seems like they would be, right?

afm is on the line, the 4th game I would assume and if demand is there I would suspect more standard mmr's I would hope. Demand seems to be there for it still.

#7425 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Well, I was looking to buy an SE in December and was told that all the SEs were already sold, and that no more were planned. I looked around at other distros and nobody else had any either. I ended up buying an MBr-SE instead.

The last batch of MMr had the Royals, and a bunch of CE, but only a very few of the SE. No telling when the next batch of MMr will be made (or what the breakdown of versions will be). I'd still like to get an MMr-SE at some point, not that I have room for it now though.

#7426 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

If it wasn't for the big tax and exchange rate here I definitely would have done it instead of waiting for upgrade parts now.

#7427 3 years ago

Put a nice 6.5” sub in yesterday and just enough clearance for the trolls, with the sub filter sounds great. Just had to leave the grill off.
The arrow at the end has some nice sub bass that I never heard before. No need to rip out the baffle and fit an 8”, good enough. Shakes the cab.
Just need to get some nice 5 1/4” speakers for the back and it will be great.

58A1B624-D139-458D-B342-B3CEEE798EE5 (resized).jpeg58A1B624-D139-458D-B342-B3CEEE798EE5 (resized).jpegAC13FE56-D0C1-4B4E-9FD7-B961731D3902 (resized).jpegAC13FE56-D0C1-4B4E-9FD7-B961731D3902 (resized).jpeg
#7428 3 years ago

We have a few MMR Upgrade Kits - Topper, XL Display, and RGB Kits - coming in and have a few extra of each outside of our already committed ones to customers - USA sales only for now given the difficulties in International shipping. www.pinball.com / www.planetarypinball.com - they are en-route now and due in latest Monday and will ship as soon as they are here.

Thx
Planetary Pinball

#7429 3 years ago

Question to the MMR owners.
I notice that balls coming over the ramp do not always trigger the "FIRE" (inline) contacts in the end.
That's because normally at the end where the hole is (photo) the ball slows down for a millisecond. Then everything is normal with the "FIRE" contacts.
However, quite often (about 20-25%) the ball rushes through the hole quickly and without slowing down and there is no contact triggering.
Is that normal or can you do something with the ramps (I did not want to bend anything at this time)? I moved sideways the ramp to different places, but it didn't work.
I have to say that I used a Playfield Protector.

Thanks

Ramp1 (resized).jpgRamp1 (resized).jpgRamp2 (resized).jpgRamp2 (resized).jpg
#7430 3 years ago

My right wire ball cage delivers the ball perfectly to the lane and registers 100% of the time.

My Left Wire ramp exits the ball at a little angle and maybe 5-10% of the time also misses a registration from the lane switch. I would not advise trying to bend the wire ramp. I would be afraid of the tack welds breaking if you exert too much force.

I just deal with it. I adjusted the wire ramp best I could to get best ball exit.

#7431 3 years ago

Upgrades installed.

MMRupgrades (resized).JPGMMRupgrades (resized).JPG
#7432 3 years ago

Hi guys.

I just landed a 2018 MM Classic ... occasionally at multiball start, it won’t throw out any more balls. One ball multiball is no fun!

All the trough etc checks out visually - anyone else had this issue?

TIA

rd

#7433 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Upgrades installed.
[quoted image]

HAWT

#7434 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Upgrades installed.
[quoted image]

Is your game one of the first MMr games made ? I have one of the very first run of games and wanted to know if you had any problem with the older boards with the upgrade.

#7435 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Is your game one of the first MMr games made ? I have one of the very first run of games and wanted to know if you had any problem with the older boards with the upgrade.

One of the very first. No problems.

#7436 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

anyone else had this issue?

You mean magnetized balls not rolling down the ball trough. A few people I would imagine.

New balls or this - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

#7437 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

One of the very first. No problems.

i have also a LE and still have issues with the rgb upgrade
when all rgb strings are connected the display wills sometimes bei single color and low re-res

anyone have the same problem?

#7438 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You mean magnetized balls not rolling down the ball trough.

Thanks Lloyd. I’ve had magnetised balls before, but generally not brand new ones in a game with no magnets!

But here we had that. One ball was very very lightly magnetised. That combined with some grooves in the trough, and thats the problem.

Removed the trough, removed the grooves, and replaced the balls. Winner.

PS great how everything is this game is modular ... 3 plugs and the whole assembly came out. Much easier to work on. Nice.

rd

3E363DF2-90CD-46EC-832A-104B1F929310 (resized).jpeg3E363DF2-90CD-46EC-832A-104B1F929310 (resized).jpegABDB04B5-392A-46CD-990B-1CF99460257F (resized).jpegABDB04B5-392A-46CD-990B-1CF99460257F (resized).jpeg
#7439 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Thanks Lloyd. I’ve had magnetised balls before, but generally not brand new ones in a game with no magnets!
But here we had that. One ball was very very lightly magnetised. That combined with some grooves in the trough, and thats the problem.
Removed the trough, removed the grooves, and replaced the balls. Winner.
PS great how everything is this game is modular ... 3 plugs and the whole assembly came out. Much easier to work on. Nice.
rd[quoted image][quoted image]

I remember you used to be able to buy a plastic overlay for the ball trough Of the original MM’s that fixed that exact problem....nice to know CGC were faithful even in re-creating the faults.

Edit: Here we go.....
https://www.rtbb.com.au/product/ball-trough-magnetic-jam-protector/

#7440 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

but generally not brand new ones in a game with no magnets!

You don't need magnets to magnetize steel.

Before electricity or anything. You bang two chunks of steel together - they magnetize. Balls do the same thing in the game, hitting steel and each other. some brands more so than others.

#7441 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You don't need magnets to magnetize steel.
Before electricity or anything. You bang two chunks of steel together - they magnetize. Balls do the same thing in the game, hitting steel and each other. some brands more so than others.

I think the same thing happened to my own balls ...

rd

#7442 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think the same thing happened to my own balls ...

Oh. I'm sure of it. Yours clank.

#7443 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Oh. I'm sure of it. Yours clank.

Oh, you’ve heard them too?

I thought people were pulling my ... leg ...

rd

#7444 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Oh, you’ve heard them too?

Yes. And over half a planet away.

When you last visited the USA. I thought Big Ben had invaded the country.

#7445 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes. And over half a planet away.
When you last visited the USA. I thought Big Ben had invaded the country.

I hear you.

Although I was sorta proud when they based this comic book character on me.

rd

16206209-7232-4357-9209-EF9E66A14567 (resized).jpeg16206209-7232-4357-9209-EF9E66A14567 (resized).jpeg
#7446 3 years ago

RD.. Is MM going to be in the SHPC?

#7447 3 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

RD.. Is MM going to be in the SHPC?

Yes.

Just updated the banks.

rd

#7448 3 years ago

does anyone make a williams style purple replacement flipper without the raised williams logo? Pinball Life makes them but not in Purple.

#7449 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

does anyone make a williams style purple replacement flipper without the raised williams logo? Pinball Life makes them but not in Purple.

Try white ones and Rit dye.

#7450 3 years ago

rit dye looks like its for fabrics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/149?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.