IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 204.
#7251 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Updated to version 3.0 and installed the HD color chip yesterday and all good, also noticed the shaker motor power has been changed.
Still too powerful on the lowest setting, was much better before. Shakes too violently now no matter what power setting and noisier.

Yeah i have a few more rattles than i remember, LOL. Need to figure out the best setting.

#7252 3 years ago

So the speaker lights just light up blue and that's it? I don't see any control cables there. Just the power splice going into the harness.

#7253 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

So the speaker lights just light up blue and that's it?

That is it.

I wouldn't change anything to make them work. You will have other issues.

LTG : )

#7254 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks for the heads up Lloyd--I was considering trying to hook them up as described in some earlier posts. Can you elaborate on the issues that this could cause?

#7255 3 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Can you elaborate on the issues that this could cause?

I'm sorry. I should have said "could have" instead of will have.

Modding something can always have risks.

#7256 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry. I should have said "could have" instead of will have.
Modding something can always have risks.

Ah, so there is hope! Good advice though--I'll probably hold off for a while anyway and see if any issues pop up for those that have performed that mod. In the middle of the GI lighting mod now...so far so good!

#7257 3 years ago

If you are putting any or all of the upgrade kits in your MMR. You'll need to be sure your software is up to date, 3.0. If not please install it first. You can download it from :

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness/update

The topper kit comes with the micro sd card loaded. The other two kits don't, you do need the 3.0 in the game for the bigger display and RGB GI.

Thank you,

#7258 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you are putting any or all of the upgrade kits in your MMR. You'll need to be sure your software is up to date, 3.0. If not please install it first. You can download it from :
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness/update
The topper kit comes with the micro sd card loaded. The other two kits don't, you do need the 3.0 in the game for the bigger display and RGB GI.
Thank you,

LTG did you get or hear anything about your upgrade kit yet ?

#7259 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

LTG did you get or hear anything about your upgrade kit yet ?

Soon. Next batch. Stuff like that.

#7260 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Soon. Next batch. Stuff like that.

Same here.

#7261 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

So it probably took about 10 hours between a friend and I, but a lot of that was me mucking around making the cabinet work harder than it needed to be I think. Probably about 6 hours if you’re organized and efficient.

I just completed my GI Lighting install. It took me about 3 and half hrs from opening the Lighting kit to finish. I didn't note the time it took me for the Topper and Display install but both of them were quicker to install than the lighting. I would think that 6-10 hrs for all three is a probably a good estimate.

Quoted from LTG:

I received a loaded micro sd card and topper board with both my Topper kit and the Lighting kit--so 2 total sd cards and topper boards if you get both of those kits. Seems as if CGC could charge a little less for those of us buying all 3 kits by only including one sd card and one topper board. Oh well, now I have a spare if I ever need it I suppose!

#7262 3 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Seems as if CGC could charge a little less for those of us buying all 3 kits by only including one sd card and one topper board.

That was the plan. They thought people would buy all three kits so only send the micro sd card with the topper.

Apparently at least some of the RGB GI kits had it too. The display kit doesn't.

#7263 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That was the plan. They thought people would buy all three kits so only send the micro sd card with the topper.
Apparently at least some of the RGB GI kits had it too. The display kit doesn't.

I got two, one with each board.

It’s interesting that you need to have 3.0 to use the new display but it’s not included and I don’t recall the manual even mentioning the update. And yeah, sure doesn’t work without it.

#7264 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It’s interesting that you need to have 3.0 to use the new display but it’s not included and I don’t recall the manual even mentioning the update. And yeah, sure doesn’t work without it.

Warnings out there now. And boxes going out in the future will have a warning sticker on them.

#7265 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is it.

Hey @LTG. I think a few guys have done this successfully. Could you please let me know what the issues are?

The cables for color changing are already part of the large screen and I believe the Royal editions are set up so the LEDs are color changing.

#7266 3 years ago

Hey guys im looking for some advice have a buddy with a MMR its dropping power to one of the solenoid driver boards under the playfield that powers the flippers ball kick out and castel lock maybe a couple others going off of memory. Game is few hr drive from me one way so hoping to come up with a better plan this time. I went up and fixed a few other games for him a few weeks back thought i had MM fixed but guess i didnt. The 12v i think power suply going to the boad would have the led light kick on and off when the conections was wiggled pulled board re flowed solder couldn't get it to drop power by moving conector after that played several games worked great just text me now games having the same problem won't kick a ball out no power to the flippers. Looked on chicago gaming website don't see any parts offered is that something that would need tobe bought from a distributer. Thats for any help in advance

#7267 3 years ago
Quoted from Toby:

Hey guys im looking for some advice have a buddy with a MMR its dropping power to one of the solinodes driver boards under the playfield that powers the flippers ball kick out and castel lock maybe a couple others going off of memory.

What I would start with is the three driver boards under the playfield plugged into the huge board.

You don't have to remove the connectors. Follow the wires from the weak coil(s) to which board it plugs onto. Remove the screws. Unplug the driver board from the big board. Then plug it back in. Push the tops of the ten pins on the one edge where the pins plug into the huge board. Be sure it plugged in firmly.

People have had problems reseating the solenoid driver boards due to the huge board flexing away when they push in the pins. A solution that worked was having them put a piece of foam or cardboard between the playfield wood and the socket on the huge board, to hold it from flexing. They just have to be careful of nearby LEDs.

That should fix things.

#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Could you please let me know what the issues are?

I corrected that in a following post. I should have said could have.

Anytime you "mod" a pin from factory intentions. Things can happen.

#7269 3 years ago

Got my new controller board yesterday to replace the one that came with my MMrSE I got back in February that never saved the time or date. The new controller board seems to save the date and time now, although I again lost all my settings, scores and achievements and custom logo. Same thing happened after I updated to 3.0.0 from 3.0.0 beta. I asked the tech multiple times about losing everything again and he said I should lose nothing. I wonder if that means there is a separate issue, but has me very leary of doing any future updates. Oh well, for now at least the date and time are saving.

#7270 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Got my new controller board yesterday to replace the one that came with my MMrSE I got back in February that never saved the time or date. The new controller board seems to save the date and time now, although I again lost all my settings, scores and achievements and custom logo. Same thing happened after I updated to 3.0.0 from 3.0.0 beta. I asked the tech multiple times about losing everything again and he said I should lose nothing. I wonder if that means there is a separate issue, but has me very leary of doing any future updates. Oh well, for now at least the date and time are saving.

Huh that’s weird, I don’t remember about from 1 to 2 but when I went from 2 to 3 I didn’t lose anything.

#7271 3 years ago

My mmr SE glass slides out on its own when I take the lockdown bar off. What can I do to make it fit tighter on the side rail tracks ?

#7272 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

What can I do to make it fit tighter on the side rail tracks ?

Black electricians tape on the sides of the glass.

I never worry about it. On some games it wants to slide right out. Other games it stays put.

#7273 3 years ago

I recently became the owner of MMR . Love it. I have put over 200 games on it in the 2 weeks that I have owned it.
I am wondering about a coloured screen as , when machine is turned on & the graphics that come onto the screen before/ during startup are in colour but then it is a 1 colour Dot matrix display when playing. Can it be changed into colour DMD?

#7274 3 years ago
Quoted from kayakkingoz:

I recently became the owner of MMR . Love it. I have put over 200 games on it in the 2 weeks that I have owned it.
I am wondering about a coloured screen as , when machine is turned on & the graphics that come onto the screen before/ during startup are in colour but then it is a 1 colour Dot matrix display when playing. Can it be changed into colour DMD?

You have to buy the HD color display update, just did mine and it’s very good but not cheap!
It’d just a chip that you have to swop on the main board under the playfield and possibly update the software.

#7275 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

I just updated from 1.0 to 3.0 and lost nothing to my surprise.

#7276 3 years ago
Quoted from kayakkingoz:

Can it be changed into colour DMD?

In the CGC menu ( page 1-10 in the manual ) you can make the dots colors red, or green, or blue, etc. To make iall the graphics full color, you need the upgrade chip that plugs into the huge board under the playfield.

#7277 3 years ago

Thanks. Yes I seen the colour change in the menu. Where do I get the upgrade chip or access the download for it?

#7278 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Black electricians tape on the sides of the glass.
I never worry about it. On some games it wants to slide right out. Other games it stays put.

Black elec tape is kind of wide. How do you apply without it sticking out?

#7279 3 years ago

only two ratings are missing to bring the RE on the Top100 list visibly under the Medieval Madness
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/medieval-madness-remake-royal

#7280 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

a friend of mine had the same problem. there is an extra anti-rattle band for playfield glas, this is the solution in your case; sorry I only have a link for a german store: https://pu-parts.com/anti-rattle-tape-for-pinball-games

#7281 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

only two ratings are missing to bring the RE on the Top100 list visibly under the Medieval Madness
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/medieval-madness-remake-royal

Put mine in a few weeks ago...

#7282 3 years ago
Quoted from kayakkingoz:

Thanks. Yes I seen the colour change in the menu. Where do I get the upgrade chip or access the download for it?

It’s a $400USD upgrade. It’s available from many pinball parts places:
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/electronics/medieval-madness-remake-hd-high-definition-color-display-upgrade-rom/

#7283 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Scissors, cut it thinner.

#7284 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Updated to version 3.0 and installed the HD color chip yesterday and all good, also noticed the shaker motor power has been changed.
Still too powerful on the lowest setting, was much better before. Shakes too violently now no matter what power setting and noisier.

This seems to be true for me as well.

I had my MMr dialed in very nicely, and upgrading to 3.0.0 for the XL Display not only wiped all of my settings, the shaker motor is way too strong, even on the lowest setting.

It shakes like it's going to rattle the entire game apart.

And yes, it's bolted down tightly and it's not loose glass or backglass.

Also, very disappointed when I pilled the shaker motor cover off, unlike most (all?) other hskare motors, you can't adjust the shaking by re-orienting the weights with respect to each other; they only go on one way - max shake.

RussMyers

#7286 3 years ago

One of the faceted caps on my RGB GI came off at some point in shipping. I could probably superglue it back on, but I'm looking and not seeing any replacement parts listed, yet.

Are there plans to make the RGB LEDs available? I see the warm white ones, 000-LMP-GILEDWW, are available.

#7287 3 years ago

I just found this box of DIY mod goodies from my MM that I never got around to using before I sold it. If anyone wants it for $50 plus shipping to wherever you are, shoot me a PM.

It's got the dragon, princess, and merlin figures, a lot of balls in diferent sizes for merlin, a few what i'm pretty sure are RGB LED's in different sizes from sparkfun, and flicker candle LED's for the castle lights.

20200913_130509 (resized).jpg20200913_130509 (resized).jpg
#7288 3 years ago

Finished up my install last night. My left troll isn't working now, so need to dig into that. I had a few other switches that weren't working, turned out i had bumped a connector. So make sure you check connectors as you are in there pulling wiring and things for the RGB lighting. Got some errors on the drawbridge as well, but ran the tests and that seems ok now, but need to power cycle the game and see if it starts working ok or if i have to dig into that further. Switches all test out ok.

Little disappointed with the GI lighting in "white". The stock lighting was brighter and a better color. However, the lighting effects are neat, full green for trolls is very cool. So i guess you give up some standard lighting quality for RGB abilities.

Some little things here/there with the various installs, but nothing major. I did not use any of the screws provided however as they were way to long, i reused all the screws from the stock lighting. The screws provided, if you put them on the edge of the playfield nearly came through, way too close for my personal comfort.

#7289 3 years ago

Tried searching, but didn't see anything.

Does anyone have a custom logo for the XL display that is just the MM logo? Something like this?

Not sure what size it needs to be....

Medieval-Madness-Williams-1997-Topper-Still-1280x390-1 (resized).pngMedieval-Madness-Williams-1997-Topper-Still-1280x390-1 (resized).png
#7290 3 years ago

Just finished making these non scratch magnets for your coin door and backbox hinges. If anyone is interested, pm me.
IMG_3785 (resized).jpgIMG_3785 (resized).jpgIMG_3786 (resized).jpgIMG_3786 (resized).jpg

#7291 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Does anyone have a custom logo for the XL display that is just the MM logo? Something like this?
Not sure what size it needs to be....[quoted image]

That would be cool.

I saw someone had a Williams logo too, which is what I was thinking to do.

#7292 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

That would be cool.
I saw someone had a Williams logo too, which is what I was thinking to do.

Williams would be ok too, just anything other than the giant CGC logo

#7293 3 years ago

Has anyone installed Coin Taker mirror blades on a MMr? If so, did they require removal of the back box hinge bolt?

#7294 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Has anyone installed Coin Taker mirror blades on a MMr? If so, did they require removal of the back box hinge bolt?

I have them, they have a hole in them that goes around the bolt head so no need to remove them.

#7295 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Not sure what size it needs to be....[quoted image]

you mean like this one?
http://fontid.co/?qa=image&qa_blobid=12695351301811065429&qa_size=566
you cannot integrate it into the XL display, just as a custom logo instead of the CGC logo.
Resize it to 320x80 bmp 24bit and check the manual for changing the custom logo (same as in Monster Bash manual).

I made my own logo for my MMRRE with Rolex Crown, Medieval font and 2 Photopshop filters.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpgMMR Logo selbst 4a (resized).jpgMMR Logo selbst 4a (resized).jpg
#7296 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

you mean like this one?
http://fontid.co/?qa=image&qa_blobid=12695351301811065429&qa_size=566
you cannot integrate it into the XL display, just as a custom logo instead of the CGC logo.
Resize it to 320x80 bmp 24bit and check the manual for changing the custom logo (same as in Monster Bash manual).
I made my own logo for my MMRRE with Rolex Crown, Medieval font and 2 Photopshop filters.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, i was referring the small logo at bottom of the display. Just wanted it be the MM logo instead of CGC.

Manual doesn't actually say anything about how to change the logo (XL display manual) and my game manual is the original MMr so it didn't exist.

320x80/bmp helps... I assume just load on to flash drive and then go into the menu?

#7297 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Thanks, i was referring the small logo at bottom of the display. Just wanted it be the MM logo instead of CGC.
Manual doesn't actually say anything about how to change the logo (XL display manual) and my game manual is the original MMr so it didn't exist.
320x80 helps, what format? I assume just load on to flash drive and then go into the menu?

320x80 bmp, 24 bit, named userlogo.bmp
see page 1-11, same for MMR
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

#7298 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

320x80 bmp, 24 bit, named userlogo.bmp
see page 1-11, same for MMR
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

Ah thanks!

#7299 3 years ago

I had some time yesterday and was able to install the upgraded screen kit (with upgraded audio) and topper kit.

The XL display was a very easy swap out. The subwoofer replacement wasn't terrible, but prying out the old subwoofer mount was a bit of a pain. The screws for the new subwoofer mount seemed a bit short, so I swapped them out for slightly longer screws I had on hand. I know there were some previous posts about possible workarounds to get the RGB lighting in the speakers to work - can anyone confirm they did this and it works without issue?

The topper was a little more work with needing to drill the holes in the backbox - but the included template made it fairly simple. I took the advice of others and mounted the RGB board higher than the template, and it worked out well. The only issue I had was the grounding wire. The connectors on the ends were too small and wouldn't fit on the boards. I had to cut them off and attach two new blade connectors (thankfully I had some on hand). Unfortunately the RGB lighting in the back right is not working (tested using the CGC menu). I have a ticket in with CGC as we speak.

It took me about 4 hours to install these two mods, but I was not really hustling and made some time consuming mistakes (for example I removed the old subwoofer from the existing mounting plate, not realizing I had to remove the entire mounting plate).

I will hopefully tackle the RGB lighting during the evenings this week (or this weekend).

#7300 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I know there were some previous posts about possible workarounds to get the RGB lighting in the speakers to work - can anyone confirm they did this and it works without issue?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/141#post-5794132

Can confirm it works. Only need a small flathead screwdriver to pop the pins out and move them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/146?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.