IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 204.
#7201 3 years ago

Ok I’m updated. Will check out that battery holder.

#7202 3 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I have to set my time and date every few weeks. Credit dot shows up. Any idea what is causing this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/122#post-5661848

#7203 3 years ago

Just waiting on my HD Color chip to arrive, will be interesting to see what version software update comes with it. My LE is still on version 1.00, I have only just bought it and it wasn’t used hardly at all with only 50 plays on it. Also got the box.
Are people without the latest hardware updates installing the latest software update 3.00 I think with the topper, XL display/speaker and GI updates? Can this be used if you don’t have these additions? Think this one has the sub control is why I ask which could be handy.

#7204 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Just waiting on my HD Color chip to arrive, will be interesting to see what version software update comes with it.

HD Color chip is just a long integrated circuit your swap with one under the playfield. It doesn't have a software update so to speak.

Quoted from Lostcause:

. My LE is still on version 1.00,

Did you check the first page of the CGC menu ? ( page 1-10 in the manual or

)

Quoted from Lostcause:

Are people without the latest hardware updates installing the latest software update 3.00

If you want them to work. I'd put in the newest update.

Quoted from Lostcause:

Can this be used if you don’t have these additions?

Yes.

LTG : )

#7205 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Just waiting on my HD Color chip to arrive, will be interesting to see what version software update comes with it. My LE is still on version 1.00, I have only just bought it and it wasn’t used hardly at all with only 50 plays on it. Also got the box.
Are people without the latest hardware updates installing the latest software update 3.00 I think with the topper, XL display/speaker and GI updates? Can this be used if you don’t have these additions? Think this one has the sub control is why I ask which could be handy.

When I got my color chip it came with a chip puller and a version 2.02 code update taped to the inside of the plastic container.

#7206 3 years ago

Cool thanks guys

#7207 3 years ago

Does the Mantis MErlin protector cause rejects?

#7208 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The Cliffy protector does not....mine is money almost everytime

#7209 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I have both the Cliffy and Mantis installed and the Merlin works fine.

#7210 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I also have cliffy and Mantis and all works great.

#7211 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

my dealer built in the 4pc Mantis protector set incl. Merlin hole. I had to remove the Mantis merlin protector in my MMRRE cause of many problems (e.g. kicker got stuck).
there are some comments earlier about this hole protector

#7212 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I also have cliffy and Mantis and all works great.

Did you have to do something additional work for the Mantis protector to get it to fit? I can fit it just fine for MM, just not for MMR.

#7213 3 years ago

To clarify, I only have the cliffy on the Merlin hole.

#7214 3 years ago

Look what I just dragged in from the porch.

IMG_9128 (resized).jpgIMG_9128 (resized).jpg
#7215 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

[quoted image]

Sweet! Please upload pics of the RBG playfield kit uninstalled if you can.

#7216 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

[quoted image]

You got some work to do Sir!

#7217 3 years ago

I'll unbox them here some point. Not sure when I will get around to installing them.

#7218 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Did you have to do something additional work for the Mantis protector to get it to fit? I can fit it just fine for MM, just not for MMR.

I believe I used a Dremel tool to thin the Mantis protector. Trial and error trimming the thickness got it just right.

#7219 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:I'll unbox them here some point. Not sure when I will get around to installing them.

Welcome to the upgrade party pal!

It’s probably a 6 hour job if you’re organized and efficient and everything goes well. It was more like a 10 hour job for us, hahaha.

#7220 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It’s probably a 6 hour job if you’re organized and efficient and everything goes well. It was more like a 10 hour job for us, hahaha.

This is why I am keeping my day job. I never know how long things going to take when I crack open my game. Clean this, check that and the O'shit what
came unplugged or disconnected in the process.

#7221 3 years ago

My HD color chip and Mantis kit should be here very soon so good to know the Merlin protector needs careful attention to operate smoothly.

#7222 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Was the RGB lighting particularly difficult?

#7223 3 years ago
Quoted from tpoeckh:

Was the RGB lighting particularly difficult?

It was the biggest and most technical but kind of the easiest task since there was no drilling, sawing or breaking out cab parts. The pop bumpers (where you have to cut and splice the leads) was probably the worst part, and we needed to modify the glass channel a little bit so it would fit low enough in my cab to work.

#7224 3 years ago

Installed acrylic speaker grills received from @kapsreiter.

Pro Tip: Don’t fully remove all four anchor screws at the same time. Makes the install much easier!

15F0C1C1-D45E-4773-B05B-58D0D428B023 (resized).jpeg15F0C1C1-D45E-4773-B05B-58D0D428B023 (resized).jpegB20B2FCF-BF8F-4C2C-9493-B0504F77BE54 (resized).jpegB20B2FCF-BF8F-4C2C-9493-B0504F77BE54 (resized).jpegC8151FF0-B579-4427-B810-D2C1F65900D9 (resized).jpegC8151FF0-B579-4427-B810-D2C1F65900D9 (resized).jpeg
#7225 3 years ago

Got my HD color upgrade kit today and they now do not include the mini SD card with software update.
Instructions just say fit the chip, no mention of software update for it to work. I have an LE on version 1.00 still as it wasn’t used. Guess I need to buy a mini SD card and workout how to get the info onto it, great.

#7226 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I have an LE on version 1.00

Did you check the first page of the CGC menu to see what is in your game ? ( page 1-10 in the manual )

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness/update complete instructions on what you need and how to do it.

I'd try it anyway. If it doesn't work, pull it out and put the old one back in, then update the game.

#7227 3 years ago

It has the first version as the guy I bought it from (Judge Dreads) did not use it or update it so pretty sure the chip will not work.
I have ordered the mini SD card and downloaded the latest update into my Mac, so will hopefully get it on the card tomorrow and all will be good.
Hope I don’t brick it, annoyed it did not include the card though with the update. For the cost it should have.
Is it going to put version 3.00 in as it says Medieval Madness 300 installer?

#7228 3 years ago

yes it will.

Neil.

Quoted from Lostcause:

It has the first version as the guy I bought it from (Judge Dreads) did not use it or update it so pretty sure the chip will not work.
I have ordered the mini SD card and downloaded the latest update into my Mac, so will hopefully get it on the card tomorrow and all will be good.
Hope I don’t brick it, annoyed it did not include the card though with the update. For the cost it should have.
Is it going to put version 3.00 in as it says Medieval Madness 300 installer?

#7229 3 years ago

A question for anyone that has already done the 3 upgrades. Is there any specific order that you would advise? Meaning, should you do GI first, then screen and sound, then topper? Or is order irrelevant?

#7230 3 years ago

I will try this, is there a way to test before I apply the tape?
I wanted to order HD glass, so should figure out.

Quoted from LTG:

Is it the playfield glass ? If so a little black electricians tape along the long edge.

#7231 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

A question for anyone that has already done the 3 upgrades. Is there any specific order that you would advise? Meaning, should you do GI first, then screen and sound, then topper? Or is order irrelevant?

I think I’d do lighting, topper and then screen. I did the screen first and then had to unplug and remove it (no biggie but wasted time all the same) when I needed to work in the backbox, especially the drilling and cutting for the topper.

#7232 3 years ago

If someone could post a photo of the rgb lighting Uninstaller it would be greatly appreciated. Trying to gauge the size of the job

#7233 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If someone could post a photo of the rgb lighting Uninstaller it would be greatly appreciated. Trying to gauge the size of the job

It is a 30+ page booklet with lots of pictures and states an Intermediate Level of experience working on pins is required.

#7234 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It was certainly the biggest job but besides cutting and splicing the pops and drilling the holes for the board in the backbox it was all screws and plugs. You just remove and replace all the short lighting strings then run a long harness from the backbox that connects them all together.

I would say the topper was the worst because you cut a hole in the cab, followed by the new cab speaker, because the old one just didn’t want to come out.

#7235 3 years ago

I’ve been running the flipper strength at -5 on my MMr and MBr and have been getting tons of air balls. Finally got around to changing them to -9 tonight. They both play so much better. Wish I would have changed them sooner.

#7236 3 years ago

I would like to replace the two red flasher caps in the backboard/behind the castle by transparent caps. Are the red ones installed standard flasher caps? Could you provide me with the part no. of transparent ones, which fit in the backboard?

#7237 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I think I’d do lighting, topper and then screen. I did the screen first and then had to unplug and remove it (no biggie but wasted time all the same) when I needed to work in the backbox, especially the drilling and cutting for the topper.

Was it a "difficult" install for all 3? Time consuming?
Would you do it again?

Only reason I ask is I'm not sure if I'd sell an older machine and then buy a Royal....or, put myself to install all the new parts to essentially make it a Royal...

They're fun either way!

#7238 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Was it a "difficult" install for all 3? Time consuming?
Would you do it again?
Only reason I ask is I'm not sure if I'd sell an older machine and then buy a Royal....or, put myself to install all the new parts to essentially make it a Royal...
They're fun either way!

So it probably took about 10 hours between a friend and I, but a lot of that was me mucking around making the cabinet work harder than it needed to be I think. Probably about 6 hours if you’re organized and efficient.

The MOST stressful part for me was the cab speaker mount because it just didn’t want to come out clean. The next was cutting the hole in the top of the cab for the topper wiring. I know for my buddy it was splicing the pop bumper wiring.

The directions are fairly clear (we did have to make adjustments allowing for MMR production changes) and there’s nothing TOO technical so if you would be comfortable doing a flipper rebuild or a shop job I’d say go for it.

If you can get a Royal Edition I will say the RE a really good looking package and I’m sure it would be nice to just have it done for you (plus I’m pretty sure the pops color change, which they don’t with the upgrade) but I’d install the upgrades again if I just happened to have another MMR and the parts.

#7239 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

If you can get a Royal Edition I will say the RE a really good looking package and I’m sure it would be nice to just have it done for you (plus I’m pretty sure the pops color change, which they don’t with the upgrade) but I’d install the upgrades again if I just happened to have another MMR and the parts.

Yes, the pops on the Royal color change.

#7240 3 years ago

Got my upgrades yesterday and got the topper and speaker/display installed. That topper is beautiful.

Few issues in terms of what came in the packaging/install

1) back left hole for topper screw is right where the kicker plate is
2) the template location for mounting the topper board is too low and the cables won’t reach it, had to move it up 1.5”
3) the grounding cable has too small of connectors on it to connect to grounding spades
4) rear glass guide/trim lighting, my guide/trim was stapled in and not screwed so had to make new holes for the new lighted guide/trim screws

I haven’t done the rest of the RGB lights yet, those are up next and I assume I’ll run into a few things there as well!

Didn’t bother with the sub upgrade as I upgraded mine years ago with a dedicated amp and sub box under the playfield (way before TNA was even a thing and did it) Whatever is in the box they sent won’t be anywhere near as good as what I already have. The new speakers are not as good as what I had either but the size is different now so I will have to figure that out as well.

#7241 3 years ago

Also noticed the 3.0 update drastically changed the shaker settings, it’s considerably stronger now.

Also what is “shakey” vs “lengthy” lol

#7242 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Also what is “shakey” vs “lengthy” lol

Shakey shakes more. Lengthy shakes longer.

#7243 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sounds like my wife....

#7244 3 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Got my upgrades yesterday and got the topper and speaker/display installed. That topper is beautiful.
Few issues in terms of what came in the packaging/install
1) back left hole for topper screw is right where the kicker plate is
2) the template location for mounting the topper board is too low and the cables won’t reach it, had to move it up 1.5”
3) the grounding cable has too small of connectors on it to connect to grounding spades
4) rear glass guide/trim lighting, my guide/trim was stapled in and not screwed so had to make new holes for the new lighted guide/trim screws
I haven’t done the rest of the RGB lights yet, those are up next and I assume I’ll run into a few things there as well!
Didn’t bother with the sub upgrade as I upgraded mine years ago with a dedicated amp and sub box under the playfield (way before TNA was even a thing and did it) Whatever is in the box they sent won’t be anywhere near as good as what I already have. The new speakers are not as good as what I had either but the size is different now so I will have to figure that out as well.

I had all the same issues. Plus I did install the sub and the included screws were too short.

#7245 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Sounds like my wife....

She didn't sound like that for me.

#7246 3 years ago

Anyone experience an issue with the flipper strength reducing over time?

#7247 3 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Anyone experience an issue with the flipper strength reducing over time?

Reseat the driver board they plug onto, into the huge board under the playfield.

#7248 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

She didn't sound like that for me.

Classy Lloyd!

#7249 3 years ago

Updated to version 3.0 and installed the HD color chip yesterday and all good, also noticed the shaker motor power has been changed.
Still too powerful on the lowest setting, was much better before. Shakes too violently now no matter what power setting and noisier.

#7250 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

compared to the default settings "shaky" vibrates with more actions. e.g. the spinners vibrate with shaky too.
yes, the shaker is also very strong (MMRRE), i mostly use "light" together with "default" or "off

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/145?hl=pinball-nja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.