IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 204.
#7151 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

I would be ok with that. But mine continues to get worse and worse with 50 plays on it. I agree, machines will show some wear. It’s a metal ball vs wood. But within 50 plays to look like mine does is unacceptable. It’s really too bad.

So cgc is ignoring you?

#7152 3 years ago

Thank you lermods for the mods and installation help

72035783-76D1-4886-9919-4B86A03B9034 (resized).jpeg72035783-76D1-4886-9919-4B86A03B9034 (resized).jpeg21DFF394-6F08-41A0-B353-02A8BD9F1FDA (resized).jpeg21DFF394-6F08-41A0-B353-02A8BD9F1FDA (resized).jpegE7DCD599-8211-493A-8D5A-BA7A59B86171 (resized).jpegE7DCD599-8211-493A-8D5A-BA7A59B86171 (resized).jpeg
#7153 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

So cgc is ignoring you?

Yes absolutely. Over a month ago I submitted a ticket. Within 2 days Ryan responded asking for pictures. Sent them same day. After 3 weeks I reached out to Ryan and asked for an update. Nothing. Another 2 weeks later I reached out again. No response. I had an issue with one of my side blades upon arrival when I first purchased the machine. Edwin (trouble ticket guy) sent me a new blade. So I reached out to Edwin last week asking him for an update (even though he wasn’t assigned the ticket). Edwin responded that he would try to send me out a small bottle of clear. I replied to him that this is more than just a small issue and needed a better solution with Ryan. No response. So in the end.... yes. CGC has blown me off

#7154 3 years ago

Installing my upgrades and breaking the cab speaker mount out of my MMR LE is sucking, that thing is fighting me hard. Anyone done this yet and have any advice?

#7155 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Yes absolutely. Over a month ago I submitted a ticket. Within 2 days Ryan responded asking for pictures. Sent them same day. After 3 weeks I reached out to Ryan and asked for an update. Nothing. Another 2 weeks later I reached out again. No response. I had an issue with one of my side blades upon arrival when I first purchased the machine. Edwin (trouble ticket guy) sent me a new blade. So I reached out to Edwin last week asking him for an update (even though he wasn’t assigned the ticket). Edwin responded that he would try to send me out a small bottle of clear. I replied to him that this is more than just a small issue and needed a better solution with Ryan. No response. So in the end.... yes. CGC has blown me off

Same as me. I have a couple of issues, CGC fast to take your money, slow to fix the issues.

#7156 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Same as me. I have a couple of issues, CGC fast to take your money, slow to fix the issues.

That’s a shame.

Quoted from Meri-cah:

My distributor ghosted me on my Stern JP premium issues. It sucks. I am all done putting any money into the hobby. I don’t like these companies at all. They definitely all changed the way they take care of customers over the past couple years.

#7157 3 years ago

My game with a 2017 build date no wear after tons of play. Bought the game on 10/19. Longer cure time before play maybe? Or just a bad run of play fields?

#7158 3 years ago

Chris from Rock Custom Pinball came over this afternoon to help me turn one of his under cabinet light kits into a interactive lighting kit that matches the color for the interactive playfield/speaker lights on the Royal Edition. This would work on other models with the CGC interactive light kit and color chip. Contact him if interested. It looks fantastic when someone is playing the game. Not "flashy", matches the 2-3 second light color changes with shots as in the game or during mutiball modes. More than just the 3 colors of Red or Blue or Green. I had to film the attract mode with the room lights on. With the lights off the phone camera really exaggerates the brightness of the LED lights. Family approves. It was extremely nice of Chris to come over and figure this out with me and make one up on-the-spot.

#7159 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Has anyone with issues completing the 3.0 code install successfully installed any of the new upgrade kits? As a reminder, my install crashes out at 81% but shows a successful install in the menu. I'm going to sell/trade my pin soon and don't want to mislead anyone.

I had the same problem when I tried to install 3.0 a couple months ago--same error message but booted up and said it was running 3.0. My Topper/Lighting/Display kit arrived yesterday and it included an sd card preloaded with 3.0. I reinstalled 3.0 using this sd card, got the same error message, but it still booted up in 3.0. I just finished installing the topper and the topper lighting works so I assume the install is actually fine. I will know more when I compete the display and lighting install, but the topper lighting isn't supposed to work unless 3.0 is installed so I am optimistic that it is fine.

#7160 3 years ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

Installed the screen upgrade and the topper yesterday. The only advice I would give is before you attach the new topper board to the back box make sure that the connectors for the topper can reach the board. The template they gave was not accurate I had to go up about 2 inches higher for the connectors to fit. Have not installed the RGB yet.

Thanks for the heads up! I installed my Topper today and probably would have mounted it without confirming the cables reached beforehand.

2 other things I noticed with my install--1. If you have a real knocker installed in the backbox and used the pre-dimpled spot for the knocker, you will have to shift the striker plate to the right about a half-inch to make room for the rear-left Topper t-nut and mounting screw. 2. The female connectors on the supplied grounding wire were too small for the grounding spades on the controller boards you are supposed to connect them to. I was lucky enough to have larger connectors on hand and simply swapped them out but it would have been very frustrating to have to stop and find some at a local store before continuing.

IMG_4351 (resized).JPGIMG_4351 (resized).JPGIMG_4352 (resized).JPGIMG_4352 (resized).JPG
#7161 3 years ago

Hello everyone.
I bought a MMr Royal a couple months ago.
Game plays as it should, but the board was fried and was activating multiple switches off of one switch.
Moat opto did not work, needed to be replaced.
My distro ordered the board from Cgc and installed it.
New opto.
Solved the original switch problem,
But now left orbit switch activates “catapult”
And when the left troll is up, once hit, it doesn’t register the hit, it registers as “troll up”
Any advice with this?
It’s so close to being dialed in,
Also, still having vibration or feedback issues.
Can not go past vol 3?
Thanks.

B0FD781A-A04A-4085-95BC-E34384AE4E94 (resized).jpegB0FD781A-A04A-4085-95BC-E34384AE4E94 (resized).jpegE2295DB5-8AD4-4265-94ED-58C84E2EBEE5 (resized).jpegE2295DB5-8AD4-4265-94ED-58C84E2EBEE5 (resized).jpeg
#7162 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

And when the left troll is up, once hit, it doesn’t register the hit, it registers as “troll up”
Any advice with this?

Switch the two connectors underneath the playfield on the left troll.

LTG : )

#7163 3 years ago

Thank you for being so responsive.
I’ll try this first thing in the morning.
What about Catapult?
When I attempt the left flipper skill shot, it triggers the catapult every time.
Won’t let me progress joust on the left side?

Quoted from LTG:

#7164 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

When I attempt the left flipper skill shot, it triggers the catapult every time.

Catapult switch too sensitive ?

#7165 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Chris from Rock Custom Pinball came over this afternoon to help me turn one of his under cabinet light kits into a interactive lighting kit that matches the color for the interactive playfield/speaker lights on the Royal Edition. This would work on other models with the CGC interactive light kit and color chip. Contact him if interested. It looks fantastic when someone is playing the game. Not "flashy", matches the 2-3 second light color changes with shots as in the game or during mutiball modes. More than just the 3 colors of Red or Blue or Green. I had to film the attract mode with the room lights on. With the lights off the phone camera really exaggerates the brightness of the LED lights. Family approves. It was extremely nice of Chris to come over and figure this out with me and make one up on-the-spot.

We offer the same mod, plug and play...makes a big difference if you like that sort of thing. Works for AFMr and mbR.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/medieval-madness-remake-se-re-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit

#7166 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

We offer the same mod, plug and play...makes a big difference if you like that sort of thing. Works for AFMr and mbR.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/medieval-madness-remake-se-re-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit

Very happy with the Lermods version. Have installed on all 3 CGC games. Quick shipping too.

#7167 3 years ago

Does anyone have the pinbits merlin scoop protector installed?

Looks like a nice mod, but I can't seem to locate one for sale anywhere online???

mmhole (resized).jpegmmhole (resized).jpeg
#7168 3 years ago

Curious as well. I tried contacting pinbits, but didn’t get a response.

#7169 3 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

I had the same problem when I tried to install 3.0 a couple months ago--same error message but booted up and said it was running 3.0. My Topper/Lighting/Display kit arrived yesterday and it included an sd card preloaded with 3.0. I reinstalled 3.0 using this sd card, got the same error message, but it still booted up in 3.0. I just finished installing the topper and the topper lighting works so I assume the install is actually fine. I will know more when I compete the display and lighting install, but the topper lighting isn't supposed to work unless 3.0 is installed so I am optimistic that it is fine.

Awesome!

Please keep us updated as I know we are not the only ones. I am going to be selling / trading soon. And want to be able to tell the next guy for sure.

#7170 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Installing my upgrades and breaking the cab speaker mount out of my MMR LE is sucking, that thing is fighting me hard. Anyone done this yet and have any advice?

I just ended up brute forcing it and sanding it down but man someone was on their glue game that day.

#7171 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I just ended up brute forcing it and sanding it down but man someone was on their glue game that day.

Man that doesn’t sound like fun, seems there are a few having this problem. Going to be doing my LE soon with my own stuff and hoping to find an easy way to get a sub fitted in there. Will post up my attempt, very weak sound on this machine that needs sorting.

#7172 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Does anyone have the pinbits merlin scoop protector installed?
Looks like a nice mod, but I can't seem to locate one for sale anywhere online???[quoted image]

here for example: https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/medieval-madness/9542/merlin-hole-protector-for-medieval-madness

#7173 3 years ago

anyone also have this graphic problems with FW 3.0 ?

never noticed this "1 second in low res and only 1 color" with the older display and firmware

you see the problem at
0:07
0:27
0:35
1:09

#7174 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

anyone also have this graphic problems with FW 3.0 ?
never noticed this "1 second in low res and only 1 color" with the older display and firmware
you see the problem at
0:07
0:27
0:35
1:09

It happened before too, but it seems really noticeable on the big screen. I haven’t played much on mine still working through the installs.

Hey where did you get that Williams logo?

#7175 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

It happened before too, but it seems really noticeable on the big screen. I haven’t played much on mine still working through the installs.
Hey where did you get that Williams logo?

it is not low res displayed on my MMRRE.
It happened on my pin too, if I change the number display format from comma to dot (european format). I reported this to CGC, still waiting now 4 weeks.

#7176 3 years ago

my ticket is also 3 weeks open now, the developer is informed was the last status

#7177 3 years ago

Thanks, but if you try to checkout they want 128 Euros for shipping, lol....

Want to buy one locally for me and reship? PM me if you can help, thanks.

Can't believe there isn't a US seller.

#7178 3 years ago

Ok LTG the troll swap worked.
Now how do I fix this catapult switch.
Soooo close to being dialed in....

Quoted from LTG:

62FFC090-4BA5-4C5E-829D-07AE0783CCE5 (resized).jpeg62FFC090-4BA5-4C5E-829D-07AE0783CCE5 (resized).jpeg
#7179 3 years ago

Cliff does the carbon fiber in his Cliffy kit. Is there a reason why that wouldn't be good? I haven't installed it yet.

20200906_183157 (resized).jpg20200906_183157 (resized).jpg
#7180 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Now how do I fix this catapult switch.

Learn to adjust a switch so it isn't too sensitive.

Make sure it isn't dragging or sticking on sides of the playfield it goes up and down in.

#7181 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Cliff does the carbon fiber in his Cliffy kit. Is there a reason why that wouldn't be good? I haven't installed it yet.
[quoted image]

Works great!

20200906_184201 (resized).jpg20200906_184201 (resized).jpg
#7182 3 years ago

LTG the catapult switch,
Or the joust switch?

#7183 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

ltg the catapult switch,
Or the joust switch?

Both. But ALL switches should not rub and bind against any part of the playfield or post or metal ball-guide.

#7184 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

the catapult switch,

I'm sorry. I thought your catapult had an error.

The error is the stand up target in front of the catapult. Not an easy shot. Go to Tests - Switch Edge - push it, see if it registers.

#7185 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

[quoted image]

I've been using this protector for years on my MMR LE .... I've had ZERO issues...works great

#7186 3 years ago

LTG
I fixed it, pulled out the Manuel and everything. You would be proud.
Now I just need to figure out how to fix the sound feed back and I’ll be ready to rock and roll.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

#7187 3 years ago

Mission (mostly) accomplished! MMR LE 453 is upgraded!
E8DA514B-5667-4C6D-8826-6A3EB5D3BDB8 (resized).jpegE8DA514B-5667-4C6D-8826-6A3EB5D3BDB8 (resized).jpeg
Need to re-pin the speaker panel so it’s RGB, and I got a bad connector on my topper so it’s only half working.

Huge thanks to dsuperbee who did most of the work. <3

#7188 3 years ago

Page 2-39 and page 2-40 in the manual, shows switch locations.

I circled it in green. Tests - Switch Edge - push with finger, if it works then roll a ball over it. May just need adjusting.

If a switch hasn't been hit in 10 games or 30 balls it gets flagged. Doesn't always mean it's an issue.

450d027692c325895dce301ad6197cfbb18c857d.jpeg (resized).jpg450d027692c325895dce301ad6197cfbb18c857d.jpeg (resized).jpg
#7189 3 years ago

Just a couple wires plugged in the wrong spot.
Thanks for all your help.
She’s playing like a dream now.
Just need to fix the vibration or feedback issue now.

Quoted from LTG:

Page 2-39 and page 2-40 in the manual, shows switch locations.
I circled it in green. Tests - Switch Edge - push with finger, if it works then roll a ball over it. May just need adjusting.
If a switch hasn't been hit in 10 games or 30 balls it gets flagged. Doesn't always mean it's an issue.
[quoted image]

#7190 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Just need to fix the vibration or feedback issue now.

First page in the CGC menu at the bottom is the subwoofer balance. Set to 0

To get into the CGC menu. Page 1-10 in the manual or -

#7191 3 years ago

It is set to zero.
Can’t seem to play passed 3 without heavy reverb. I don’t have the shaker on either.

Quoted from LTG:

First page in the CGC menu at the bottom is the subwoofer balance. Set to 0
To get into the CGC menu. Page 1-10 in the manual or -

#7192 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Can’t seem to play passed 3 without heavy reverb.

Is it the playfield glass ? If so a little black electricians tape along the long edge.

#7193 3 years ago

Anyone know when the next batch of mm are coming out?

#7194 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone know when the next batch of mm are coming out?

Probably a few years.... or never... depends on the market I guess.

#7195 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I used a thin drywall putty blade to initially get under the original wood mounting block to raise it just enough to get a small pry-bar tool underneath and slowly pry it off the bottom. I was lucky and mine was mounted just with 4 staples--no glue! It came up easily and clean; no sanding necessary.

#7196 3 years ago

I have to set my time and date every few weeks. Credit dot shows up. Any idea what is causing this?

#7197 3 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I have to set my time and date every few weeks. Credit dot shows up. Any idea what is causing this?

Appears to affect many people (including me).

Sometimes swapping the battery helps.

Sometimes plugging it into a dedicated outlet/power helps (i.e. no other machines on the same circuit breaker).

Neither of these helped me, I just learned to live with it.

#7198 3 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I can’t exactly recall, but I seem to remember something about a code update fixing this issue. I could be wrong or thinking of something else.

#7199 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

[quoted image]

I just like matching the other metal with the cliffy kit.

#7200 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I can’t exactly recall, but I seem to remember something about a code update fixing this issue. I could be wrong or thinking of something else.

This. And cleaning the battery and holder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.