IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 204.
#7101 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have a MMr standard. Are there any mods I should consider? What are the best add-ons?

Upgrades from CGC!

#7102 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Upgrades from CGC!

Good idea. From the CGC website :

Upgrades Available for MMR-LE and MMR-Standard
0611 MMR HD Color Display Upgrade $399.99
0711-XLCD XL Display & Premium Enhanced Sound System Upgrade Kit (To be used with MMR HD Color Display Upgrade) $649.99
0711-TOPR MMR - King of Payne Topper $599.99
0711-RGBG MMR - RGB General Illumination Upgrade Kit $249.99

LTG : )

#7103 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have a MMr standard. Are there any mods I should consider? What are the best add-ons?

That is what we have. Love the game.

We have ordered XL screen (color chip), and RGB lighting kit, Cliffys in the shooter lane. That is it for our game. We are considering some fluro plastic protectors.

Have fun!

#7104 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

That is what we have. Love the game.
We have ordered XL screen (color chip), and RGB lighting kit, Cliffys in the shooter lane. That is it for our game. We are considering some fluro plastic protectors.
Have fun!

I'm definitely interested in some lighting options. It's a bit dark for my tastes

#7105 3 years ago

Has anyone installed the lighted troll mod that illuminates them from the bottom? I looked into the lighted eyes but they appear to be sold out and saw the other version. Are you happy with them and was it an easy install? I also see another mod with a troll figurine that holds a stick and eyes light up that stands in front of the castle and was wondering if anyone installed that as well. TIA

#7106 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Has anyone installed the lighted troll mod that illuminates them from the bottom? I looked into the lighted eyes but they appear to be sold out and saw the other version. Are you happy with them and was it an easy install? I also see another mod with a troll figurine that holds a stick and eyes light up that stands in front of the castle and was wondering if anyone installed that as well. TIA

If you are talking about the version on Ebay that only turn on when the troll pops up, make sure that you order the correct version of the MMR set. The Royal Edition needs a different set as they are different boards. I ordered the regular MMR version and had to re-order the correct version. Since they are coming from over the pond, he told me to hold on to my incorrect version set and he would have me ship them to a US customer on his next order. So, if you order a MMR non-royal version, he would probably have me mail the set I got by mistake to you. These are very easy to install.

#7107 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

you mean these that we sell? Plenty on pinside have bought them so someone should be able to chime in with unbiased feedback. they work great on my game.

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/medieval-madnessmmr-remake-trolls-illumination

#7108 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

you mean these that we sell? Plenty on pinside have bought them so someone should be able to chime in with unbiased feedback. they work great on my game.
https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/medieval-madnessmmr-remake-trolls-illumination

Nice!!

#7109 3 years ago

Greetings everyone, hope all is well and everyone is staying safe.

Got sort of an odd request I am hoping some of the Special and Royal edition owners can help out with.

Can anyone post a couple of pics of their PCB boards located in the backbox? I just would like to see how the connectors are setup with all these upgrades that come preinstalled with Special and Royal editions.

I think there are 2 or maybe 3 boards? Just close enough pics so I am able to see the boards and connectors (wiring colors).

Also, does anyone have a copy of the schematics for these editions? I checked the manuals on the CGC site and the schematics at the end of the manual do not show the XL display versions unless I am just missing them?

Thanks for the help and stay safe everyone.

#7110 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Greetings everyone, hope all is well and everyone is staying safe.
Got sort of an odd request I am hoping some of the Special and Royal edition owners can help out with.
Can anyone post a couple of pics of their PCB boards located in the backbox? I just would like to see how the connectors are setup with all these upgrades that come preinstalled with Special and Royal editions.
I think there are 2 or maybe 3 boards? Just close enough pics so I am able to see the boards and connectors (wiring colors).
Also, does anyone have a copy of the schematics for these editions? I checked the manuals on the CGC site and the schematics at the end of the manual do not show the XL display versions unless I am just missing them?
Thanks for the help and stay safe everyone.

Here is the picture of the back box. I can send you pictures of the schematics on back of my manual in private message.

B3B750B2-7E82-4EDF-83CA-4D0FCEC35C4C (resized).jpegB3B750B2-7E82-4EDF-83CA-4D0FCEC35C4C (resized).jpeg
#7111 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Here is the picture of the back box. I can send you pictures of the schematics on back of my manual in private message.[quoted image]

THANK YOU so much for the help!!!

#7112 3 years ago

Does anyone have any MM mods you aren't using for sale?

#7113 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

I installed the Lermods green troll lights. They are great. Love the green troll lights when they pop up. Easy install.

There is some light bleed into the Patron of Peasants and Troll inserts from the lights being always on. That can be fixed by inserting some foam weatherstripping along the boards to block the light. I think Lermods is including this in the kit now.

#7114 3 years ago

Got my invoice this week from PPS for the upgrades! Can't wait to make my GOAT even greater!

#7115 3 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I installed the Lermods green troll lights. They are great. Love the green troll lights when they pop up. Easy install.
There is some light bleed into the Patron of Peasants and Troll inserts from the lights being always on. That can be fixed by inserting some foam weatherstripping along the boards to block the light. I think Lermods is including this in the kit now.

Is there a pic of the weather stripping installation somewhere?

#7116 3 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

Yes, we include the weatherstripping now.

Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Is there a pic of the weather stripping installation somewhere?

See pic for an example of how you block of the light from bleeding through, very simple install.

IMG_20200726_185218 (resized).jpgIMG_20200726_185218 (resized).jpg
#7117 3 years ago
Quoted from Mahoneyj:

I purchased the set off ebay from the U.K. seller judge-dreds-pinball, then soldered them directly. I like these a little bit better since the light bar is flexible metal so you can adjust the light direction. Only drawback is international shipping time is slower.

#7118 3 years ago

Has anyone with issues completing the 3.0 code install successfully installed any of the new upgrade kits? As a reminder, my install crashes out at 81% but shows a successful install in the menu. I'm going to sell/trade my pin soon and don't want to mislead anyone.

Thanks!

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So I put in my first ticket with CGC. I can still play my game, but cannot finish the installation. I was trying to upgrade from 1.0 code to 3.0 code. Hopefully they will be able to help me out. It gets to 81% every time and freezes. However, upon restart my machine shows that it has 3.0 code in the menu. Loving the game so far. Just ordered the color chip and some mirror blades. Need to update the software to get it all working.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

fail (resized).jpgfail (resized).jpg
#7119 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Has anyone with issues completing the 3.0 code install successfully installed any of the new upgrade kits? As a reminder, my install crashes out at 81% but shows a successful install in the menu. I'm going to sell/trade my pin soon and don't want to mislead anyone.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

It shouldn't make a difference, but could you try going to 2.0 code first, then try flashing 3.0?

#7120 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

I purchased the set off ebay from the U.K. seller judge-dreds-pinball, then soldered them directly. I like these a little bit better since the light bar is flexible metal so you can adjust the light direction. Only drawback is international shipping time is slower.

I just bought my MMRLE from JD and has these on, no light bleed. Think I might solder them too as the connector came loose and stopped the gate working.

#7121 3 years ago

I noticed that sometimes when there is a call out right after another the sound stutters a little bit. I bought a machine that the previous owner supposedly edited the call outs to make them a little louder. Not sure if the stuttering is normal when there is too many call outs at once or maybe it’s from the editing. I figure I would ask before trying to restore code.

#7122 3 years ago

Looking to buy a friends MMr LE from a coup,e years ago....What were they new? Did they come with color chip? So many diff MMr its hard to keep track

#7123 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking to buy a friends MMr LE from a coup,e years ago....What were they new? Did they come with color chip? So many diff MMr its hard to keep track

$8000 new...no color chip. Included shaker motor.

#7124 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

$8000 would be a good price I feel.

There are some things to consider:

Color chip is a big one. The original owner was offered a discount to buy the chip, hopefully your friend bought it otherwise I think they are about $400.00

How many plays on the pin?

I consider mandatory upgrades are Cliffy, Mantis and plastic protectors. There are many more but they are more on the MOD side of things.

I installed the Troll Red LED lights that light with the corresponding flasher.

For reference I purchased a MMRLE with color chip, Cliffy, mantis, and Plastic protectors for $8200.00 about 6 months ago. It only had 246 plays on it and from original owner. I feel it was a fair price. Actually think he could have got a couple hundred more with such little plays. I was happy with the deal.

#7125 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

$8000 would be a good price I feel.
There are some things to consider:
Color chip is a big one. The original owner was offered a discount to buy the chip, hopefully your friend bought it otherwise I think they are about $400.00
How many plays on the pin?
I consider mandatory upgrades are Cliffy, Mantis and plastic protectors. There are many more but they are more on the MOD side of things.
I installed the Troll Red LED lights that light with the corresponding flasher.
For reference I purchased a MMRLE with color chip, Cliffy, mantis, and Plastic protectors for $8200.00 about 6 months ago. It only had 246 plays on it and from original owner. I feel it was a fair price. Actually think he could have got a couple hundred more with such little plays. I was happy with the deal.

Thx for all the info !

#7126 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Original LE owners had the option to buy the color chip for $200.....if he hasn't bought the chip and is the original owner I would have him buy it for u.

#7127 3 years ago

Hey all MMR Royal owners. What software version is on everyones machines? Mine in bootup says V3.0 ‘Beta’.

#7128 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hey all MMR Royal owners. What software version is on everyones machines? Mine in bootup says V3.0 ‘Beta’.

correct, the MMRRE has 3.0beta by factory; I updated to V3.0 final (see CGC page) to fix some smaller bugs. No probs with the update.

#7129 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

correct, the MMRRE has 3.0beta by factory; I updated to V3.0 final (see CGC page) to fix some smaller bugs. No probs with the update.

Right, thanks for comment. So on the Chicago Gaming Site software update page it says this:

V3.0.0 RELEASE NOTES
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:

1) Added support for King of Payne Topper.
2) Added support for XL Display.
3) Added support for RGB LI LEDs.
4) Fixed bug preventing custom logo installation.

Are you saying the V3.0 ‘beta’ doesn’t include these things?

#7130 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Right, thanks for comment. So on the Chicago Gaming Site software update page it says this:
V3.0.0 RELEASE NOTES
This version includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
1) Added support for King of Payne Topper.
2) Added support for XL Display.
3) Added support for RGB LI LEDs.
4) Fixed bug preventing custom logo installation.
Are you saying the V3.0 ‘beta’ doesn’t include these things?

Out of that list, the only thing not in the beta is 4 (in fact everyone with the beta has that bug and it appears to have been introduced with V3.0).

#7131 3 years ago

exactly, and tbh i like it better to have a final version, even if it still has a few bugs

#7132 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Original LE owners had the option to buy the color chip for $200.....if he hasn't bought the chip and is the original owner I would have him buy it for u.

It has color chip so that helps.

#7133 3 years ago

Attention all Royal owners. Check your Merlin hole scoop and lock area clear coat. I submitted a ticket through CGC over a month ago. Sent these pictures. Game has less than 50 plays. HOU. My clearcoat is coming up and chipping/cracking in several areas. CGC feels that sending a small bottle of clear coat touch up is acceptable. I’ve been waiting to call them out since it has taken so long. I heard from Ryan (CGC) pretty quickly after submitting a ticket but have been ghosted now for over a month. Even after several attempts to recontact him.
I own a MBrLE and feel the build quality was way better on that game than this MMrRE which was $2k more.
Just irritated at this point for spending $10k for a game with cosmetic problems. I’ve had other issues with this game already as well. It’s too bad.
A populated playfield swap would be the right thing to do in this case. No more CGC games for me.

67EDC30C-3D87-4667-8110-EEE47E8D0273.jpeg67EDC30C-3D87-4667-8110-EEE47E8D0273.jpegFF59645F-A740-4333-92D8-7B6C82EC4D26.jpegFF59645F-A740-4333-92D8-7B6C82EC4D26.jpeg
#7134 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Attention all Royal owners. Check your Merlin hole scoop and lock area clear coat. I submitted a ticket through CGC over a month ago. Sent these pictures. Game has less than 50 plays. HOU. My clearcoat is coming up and chipping/cracking in several areas. CGC feels that sending a small bottle of clear coat touch up is acceptable. I’ve been waiting to call them out since it has taken so long. I heard from Ryan (CGC) pretty quickly after submitting a ticket but have been ghosted now for over a month. Even after several attempts to recontact him.
I own a MBrLE and feel the build quality was way better on that game than this MMrRE which was $2k more.
Just irritated at this point for spending $10k for a game with cosmetic problems. I’ve had other issues with this game already as well. It’s too bad.
A populated playfield swap would be the right thing to do in this case. No more CGC games for me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's brutal. Cannot tell...did it lift on any color/art?
What number is yours?

#7135 3 years ago

It’s not just Royal. Feb 2020 Classic edition.

4A84F3A4-0AE1-43EA-BC31-A109F4AD6485 (resized).jpeg4A84F3A4-0AE1-43EA-BC31-A109F4AD6485 (resized).jpeg
#7136 3 years ago

This is something that I've been confused about with CGC. How can so many games go out without these issues including mine but then you see these pictures and hear these stories. I own all 3- MBRLE, AFMRLE and the Royal Edition. I haven't had one issue with any of the playfields. What is the difference between games like mine and yours. I dont get it. Sorry for your issues. I hope CGC at some point makes it right for you.

#7137 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

This is something that I've been confused about with CGC. How can so many games go out without these issues including mine but then you see these pictures and hear these stories. I own all 3- MBRLE, AFMRLE and the Royal Edition. I haven't had one issue with any of the playfields. What is the difference between games like mine and yours. I dont get it. Sorry for your issues. I hope CGC at some point makes it right for you.

Crazy right? Very true. What are the issues...... owning a MBrLE had shown the the build quality was supreme. Never would I have thought that charging an additional $2k over an LE would result in lesser quality. I have received several PM’s regarding this exact same issue with other people’s games. So this isn’t a “one off”. I’m guessing that CGC radio silence to me and the others is an indication that they don’t want to own up to the sub-par quality. So those other threads that include Stern and JJP playfield issues.... might as well add CGC to the mix. Why is it so hard to produce a quality product at a $10k price point ??

#7138 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

[quoted image][quoted image]

wow that sucks. My guess is CGC will most likely continue to ignore your issue....unfortunately

#7139 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Crazy right? Very true. What are the issues...... owning a MBrLE had shown the the build quality was supreme. Never would I have thought that charging an additional $2k over an LE would result in lesser quality. I have received several PM’s regarding this exact same issue with other people’s games. So this isn’t a “one off”. I’m guessing that CGC radio silence to me and the others is an indication that they don’t want to own up to the sub-par quality. So those other threads that include Stern and JJP playfield issues.... might as well add CGC to the mix. Why is it so hard to produce a quality product at a $10k price point ??

You might want to consider a mantis and cliffy protector so those areas don't get worse

#7140 3 years ago

Agree with neverahighscore above, my Royal also seems flawless.
However, I added the Kerry Mantis castle protector very quickly so never noticed any wear at the castle door area.
Really a shame that other owners have experienced these pf issues.
It seems with other manufacturers, there can be an ongoing pf lottery. Really a shame.
The Royal is a stunning package and the pin offers amazing enhancements.
The black speckled armor is really sharp.
Just a timeless classic which is bolted to our floor.

#7141 3 years ago

But there have been buyers with your issues on all 3 not just the MM remakes. Why do some games CGC deliver across the board have the problems you have. How can a company correct the issue if they dont know what causes the issue. It makes me 2nd guess another NIB purchase and wait for a resell to verify its condition. Mayne I've been lucky so far. If I had those issues and CGC ignored me, I would never buy from them again!

#7142 3 years ago

I just put these in this weekend. Pretty easy install, 2 screws, weather stripping to stop the light from diffusing through inserts.

The lights stays powered in all the time.

They look good picture, reminds me putting a flashlight under your chin and looking in the mirror.

#7143 3 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

It’s not just Royal. Feb 2020 Classic edition.
[quoted image]

My MMrSE has had a very similar chip since day 1. Hasn't gotten any worse in almost 450 plays and no other issues.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7144 3 years ago

Upgrade kits shipping soon!

#7145 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

My MMrSE has had a very similar chip since day 1. Hasn't gotten any worse in almost 450 plays and no other issues.[quoted image]

I would be ok with that. But mine continues to get worse and worse with 50 plays on it. I agree, machines will show some wear. It’s a metal ball vs wood. But within 50 plays to look like mine does is unacceptable. It’s really too bad.

#7146 3 years ago

Installed the screen upgrade and the topper yesterday. The only advice I would give is before you attach the new topper board to the back box make sure that the connectors for the topper can reach the board. The template they gave was not accurate I had to go up about 2 inches higher for the connectors to fit. Have not installed the RGB yet.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7147 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Upgrade kits shipping soon!

I havn't heard anything about my upgrade yet.

#7148 3 years ago

I ordered from PPS and got notice my upgrades shipped a day or two ago.

#7149 3 years ago

I ordered from KingPin Games no news yet. First I tried PPS but they never got back to me. I hope I hear something soon.

#7150 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

My MMrSE has had a very similar chip since day 1. Hasn't gotten any worse in almost 450 plays and no other issues.[quoted image]

Mines almost new too, already starting to lift around the merlin scoop as well. Need a little better qa/qc at cgc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/143?hl=westsiderkg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.