image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 205.
#7001 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Why wouldn't CGC provide this as part of the kit?

How exactly? This needs to be connected to an existing connector on your existing wiring harness. They have to make it simple enough for the average buyer(noob) to be able to install the kit.

Getting the RGB to work on the panel means crimp on connectors, as well as having and knowing how to use a crimper. Actually installing the wires in the RIGHT place is a recipe for disaster for folks who have never worked on pins. It’s a compromise. Think of the newb who fries a board trying to install an upgrade kit but wires it wrong. Whole can of worms there. Who is responsible? Warranty? Or the inevitable Pinside post”why are my speakers red when the playfield is blue”....

You read so many posts about folks buying their first game NIB. They buy pinballs like they buy a fridge or a tv. Expect to just plug it in and it’ll work for 20 years without any problems or maintenance. These are the folks CGC has to worry about. And unfortunately this is where the hobby is headed.

I’m not a CGC fanboy but I knew well in advance this would turn into a whinefest. There was no way they could make everybody happy with this upgrade kit scheme. However I do believe they SHOULD have provided the RGB wiring info for folks who can do connectors.

#7002 3 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Why wouldn't CGC provide this as part of the kit?

I'm wondering the same thing?

#7003 3 years ago

I imagine there is a warranty issue with adding on wiring to the connector.
It would be nice if CGC would step in and address the lighting issues/options ref: the pops and speakers.

#7004 3 years ago

here it is

mmr-speaker-rgb.pdfmmr-speaker-rgb.pdf
#7005 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

here it is
[quoted image]

Thank you very much for sharing! We purchased the RGB kit so I am looking forward to getting it set up. Hopefully the kit will arrive soon!

#7006 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

here it is
[quoted image]

Thank you!

#7007 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

here it is
[quoted image]

Awesome thanks for posting!!

#7008 3 years ago

Does anyone know where a I can get a metal post for behind merlin with a longer threaded portion? Only need about 1/4" more. Issue is I installed plastic protectors and it raised up the plastics about 3mm and I cant thread on the nut. Appreciate any help.
thumbnail_20200813_154528 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200813_154528 (resized).jpg

Ended up making a custom thread a tad longer from parts lying around....thanks for the PMs anyways!

#7009 3 years ago

After a long journey I am finally satisfied with my missing center lane. To get to this point:

1. I had to create the center lane piece (FYI - I decided to make ONE more run of these missing center lanes for other MM owners, so if you want one PM me. This will be the last run, way too much effort).
2. Painstakingly dremmelled out the inside of the metal housing surround.
3. Lermods made a custom RBG led light strip, just small enough to insert in this very small space.
4. I originally contacted convolux for yellow playfield plastics. However, they only make them for the lower portion of our games and with all the effort I put into the front of the castle, including having Modfather and M&M do custom paint work, I wanted a full playfield plastics kits in yellow. Luckily, www.playfield-protectors.com makes a 9 piece kit (Germany) and they included extra plastic for me to make a matching custom center lane piece for myself.

WHEW...So after several weeks of trial and error, many playfield lifts, gaming downtime, and thrown out test parts, here is the final eye candy...ENJOY!!!
thumbnail_20200814_115305 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200814_115305 (resized).jpg

#7010 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

After a long journey I am finally satisfied with my missing center lane. To get to this point:
1. I had to create the center lane piece (FYI - I decided to make ONE more run of these missing center lanes for other MM owners, so if you want one PM me. This will be the last run, way too much effort).
3. Lermods made a custom RBG led light strip, just small enough to insert in this very small space.
4. I originally contacted convolux for yellow playfield plastics. However, they only make them for the lower portion of our games and with all the effort I put into the front of the castle, including having Modfather and M&M do custom paint work, I wanted a full playfield plastics kits in yellow. Luckily, www.playfield-protectors.com makes a 9 piece kit (Germany) and they included extra plastic for me to make a matching custom center lane piece for myself.
WHEW...So after several weeks of trial and error, many playfield lifts, gaming downtime, and thrown out test parts, here is the final eye candy...ENJOY!!!
[quoted image]

great work
Happy to hear that the germans could help.
Aren‘t the plastic protectors by playfield-protector clear? They looks yellow shining like my convolux.

#7011 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

great work
Happy to hear that the germans could help.
Aren‘t the plastic protectors by playfield-protector clear? They looks yellow shining like my convolux.

Sebastian at Playfield-Ptotector was cool enough to custom make those yellow for me as well. I know its personal preference, but I really like how the yellow color scheme works overall. Yes, thank you to Deutschland!!!

20200814_115332 (resized).jpg20200814_115332 (resized).jpg
#7012 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Sebastian at Playfield-Ptotector was cool enough to custom make those yellow for me as well. I know its personal preference, but I really like how the yellow color scheme works overall. Yes, thank you to Deutschland!!![quoted image]

ty, I will call him, would perfect fit wirh my yellow convolux

#7013 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

[quoted image]

Looks GREAT. I am struggling with the modification to the metal guide. I need some time to come to terms with it or think of another way to light the plastic without doing the modification to the metal guide.

Like the look of Yellow as well.

#7014 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Looks GREAT. I am struggling with the modification to the metal guide. I need some time to come to terms with it or think of another way to light the plastic without doing the modification to the metal guide.
Like the look of Yellow as well.

I hope you can come up with a easier solution than I did, what a pain that was, precision dremellimg the metal.!!!

#7015 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

I hope you can come up with a easier solution than I did, what a pain that was, precision dremellimg the metal.!!!

That is why I do not want to do it that way. Might be the only option. I just don't know. Need to spend some alone time with the metal LOL

#7016 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

That is why I do not want to do it that way. Might be the only option. I just don't know. Need to spend some alone time with the metal LOL

Could a machine shop mill it out?
What is the problem with the metal, is it just to hard to drill?
thanks,

#7017 3 years ago

Ya’ll are obsessed with this silly piece of plastic. Game looks great as-is, why fuck up your game?

#7018 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ya’ll are obsessed with this silly piece of plastic. Game looks great as-is, why fuck up your game?

I really love all the mods people do. Amazing talent out there. I think the decal on top of the metal looks fine. Mine is from PDI and is very nice product. Some people don't have the talent to do this. If you damage something, you're gonna be sorry. Proceed with caution. Also, I think you void the warranty of the game by adding any mod that could cause mechanical or electrical damage. Love the yellow plastic protectors btw. I can tell you put alot of time into that design and it looks fantastic. Enjoy your game!

IMG_2578 (resized).JPGIMG_2578 (resized).JPG

#7019 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Obsessed, I do not think so.

If you think adding that piece is F**cking up your game then don't do it.

Adding this piece really improves the look of the area.

I can relate it to painting a car and leaving the hood or trunk unpainted.

If you do not want to add the piece you do not have to but I have a hard time believing anyone thinks it is better without it.

It is cheap, easy and a no brainer mod that really improves the looks. You cannot ask for anything more than that kind of mod.

It does not have to be lit.

#7020 3 years ago

Anybody ever hit the lock when the drawbridge and gate are down and take down the castle? Happened to me a few times. Don’t think it’s supposed to do that?

#7021 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Anybody ever hit the lock when the drawbridge and gate are down and take down the castle? Happened to me a few times. Don’t think it’s supposed to do that?

Yeah if you open the gate with a hit. I've had the the wall hit bring it down a bunch of times. It's a timed grace period for ball that might roll slowly into the castle. Same switch inside activates both. But the gate opto must be hit just before the wall lock triggers the castle. If not standard lock

#7022 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

same with my and friend‘s MMR.
it happens if you immediately after unlock the gate hit the lock door.

#7023 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Obsessed, I do not think so.
If you think adding that piece is ..... up your game then don't do it.
Adding this piece really improves the look of the area.
I can relate it to painting a car and leaving the hood or trunk unpainted.
If you do not want to add the piece you do not have to but I have a hard time believing anyone thinks it is better without it.
It is cheap, easy and a no brainer mod that really improves the looks. You cannot ask for anything more than that kind of mod.
It does not have to be lit.

I agree with you Pin-Pilot, but its ok, in every hobby there are purists who want to leave things 100% factory, and modders, either way I try my best respect both viewpoints.

To me, symmetry in artwork and the playfield design flow is something important and a focal point. A large chunk of stainless metal, sitting by itself in the middle of the playfield is well...undesirable for some, like me, who are ok with modding their machines, and there should be no concern about this, 2 minutes later it can be removed without issue, no risk.

I'd kindly and very respectfully encourage any purist to think about it this way. If Williams or CGC made MM with a lighted center lane piece, who in their right mind would remove the center lane piece, including the light, and in exchange install a bare chuck of unlighted metal that pretty much matches nothing else on the playfield? Lol, head scratch moment??? Better yet, would someone remove say the lighted factory plastic where merlin mounts and replace it with a unlighted piece of stainless metal with no plastic art cover? Again, why??? The thought alone in either instance seems relatively illogical to me, but hey...my kids teach me all the time that I don't know much.

Anyway, maybe you see my point, maybe not, either way just enjoy your game however you like it and let's all try to be good stewards of the hobby.

20200815_082347 (resized).jpg20200815_082347 (resized).jpg
#7024 3 years ago

O.B.S.E.S.S.E.D.

#7025 3 years ago

The day I care what some rando on the internet thinks is the day I need to get off the internet.

Thanks westsiderkg for doing this for the those of us who want it.

#7026 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

[quoted image]

do you have pictures of the rest of the protectors?

#7027 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

I agree with you Pin-Pilot, but its ok, in every hobby there are purists who want to leave things 100% factory, and modders, either way I try my best respect both viewpoints.
To me, symmetry in artwork and the playfield design flow is something important and a focal point. A large chunk of stainless metal, sitting by itself in the middle of the playfield is well...undesirable for some, like me, who are ok with modding their machines, and there should be no concern about this, 2 minutes later it can be removed without issue, no risk.
I'd kindly and very respectfully encourage any purist to think about it this way. If Williams or CGC made MM with a lighted center lane piece, who in their right mind would remove the center lane piece, including the light, and in exchange install a bare chuck of unlighted metal that pretty much matches nothing else on the playfield? Lol, head scratch moment??? Better yet, would someone remove say the lighted factory plastic where merlin mounts and replace it with a unlighted piece of stainless metal with no plastic art cover? Again, why??? The thought alone in either instance seems relatively illogical to me, but hey...my kids teach me all the time that I don't know much.
Anyway, maybe you see my point, maybe not, either way just enjoy your game however you like it and let's all try to be good stewards of the hobby. [quoted image]

Well said...BTW that castle looks amazing. Was that Modfathers work ?

#7028 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Anyway, maybe you see my point, maybe not, either way just enjoy your game however you like it and let's all try to be good stewards of the hobby. [quoted image]

Yes, Well said.

I have no problem at all making mods that can be removed and the game put back to stock with no signs of the mod. I would not do a mod on a game like MM that is not easily reversible or would change the pin permanently. I would want the option to be able to sell the game to a purist.

The mod Westsiderkg did is reversible. You would just have to buy a new metal lane guide. Not a big deal at all. If I do go that route I will buy a lane guide, modify that one then keep the other so if I sell the game to a purist the pin can be put back to OEM condition.

I get some want a pin that has not been modified. Everyone has their preferences.

There are good mods and there are mods that are so-so. This mod is easy and a no-brainer.

#7029 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Well said...BTW that castle looks amazing. Was that Modfathers work ?

Yes, that what Chucks work. Super nice guy, recommend calling him if you are interested. We talked for about 1 hour...5 minutes about this castle, 55 about other pinball topics. Best.

Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “I purchased both the Mantis and Cliffy Protector Kit Parts for my MMR. Below are 2 remaining spares, new, that I did not use. 1 – Castle Moat Jump Protector 1 – Mantis Me...”
2020-07-30
Pittsburgh, PA
20 (OBO)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 125 times

#7030 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Yes, Well said.
I have no problem at all making mods that can be removed and the game put back to stock with no signs of the mod. I would not do a mod on a game like MM that is not easily reversible or would change the pin permanently. I would want the option to be able to sell the game to a purist.
The mod westsiderkg did is reversible. You would just have to buy a new metal lane guide. Not a big deal at all. If I do go that route I will buy a lane guide, modify that one then keep the other so if I sell the game to a purist the pin can be put back to OEM condition.
I get some want a pin that has not been modified. Everyone has their preferences.
There are good mods and there are mods that are so-so. This mod is easy and a no-brainer.

Correct, those replacement guides can be purchased at planetary pinball for about $20 shipped. Again, minimum amount for maximum fun!

#7031 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

do you have pictures of the rest of the protectors?

Yes, here you go. FWIW, to me at least, a picture is good but only tells part of the story. You need to see these in person to make an assessment. I think they look great, but a photo is stagnant. Rather in person, as you move around the machine with your eyes, and hit different angles, this is where they really pop for me. Hope this helps, enjoy.

thumbnail_20200815_122522 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200815_122522 (resized).jpg
#7032 3 years ago

can you just take one from the top down?

#7033 3 years ago

I just got done modding the crap out of my MMR RE. Only thing left is plastic protectors and maybe artwork on the hinges.

#7034 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

can you just take one from the top down?

Here you go my friend. Sorry, (PDI) glass on for this shot, a little reflection.

By the way, I had to modify a few areas since the metal posts were not long enough. If anyone else encounters this and needs help feel free to PM me and I will gladly assist you.

Your MMRRE looks fantastic by the way!!! Glad I could help you out for my small part.

20200815_133543 (resized).jpg20200815_133543 (resized).jpg

#7035 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I just got done modding the crap out of my MMR RE

Love it! Is that the trans light or the glass Backglass?? Was thinking about this. Not sure which is better for fitment. Does the trans light just slide out? Sadly haven’t even checked on this. When I took it out, the whole light box case out and it was a little surprising since I’m used to just taking out the glass/translight.

#7036 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Love it! Is that the trans light or the glass Backglass?? Was thinking about this. Not sure which is better for fitment. Does the trans light just slide out? Sadly haven’t even checked on this. When I took it out, the whole light box case out and it was a little surprising since I’m used to just taking out the glass/translight.

I had to return the translite paper one that gets taped to the glass and get the acrylic one that replaces the glass. The one that uses your glass just doesn’t fit right because it’s thin and flops around. The factory translite graphic is very rigid . With the acrylic version ; it’s nice and light so if you have to remove the back glass, it’s easy.

#7037 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Another interesting castle thing is completing a castle during multiball and having a ball get stuck between the bridge and gate. Game has to go into search mode to release it after multiball is finished.

#7038 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Another interesting castle thing is completing a castle during multiball and having a ball get stuck between the bridge and gate. Game has to go into search mode to release it after multiball is finished.

Yes, there are a few interesting combinations that have happened. Had a troll close on a ball during multi ball as well.

#7039 3 years ago

So I keep getting the right slingshot hit when coming down the right ramp. Table is level. Wasn't there a earlier post about this? What was the simple solution again to slightly redirect the ball towards the flipper? Tks.

Fround it, nevermind. I am curious what gauge transparent plastic foil works though.

#7040 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Here some pictures, see the black post and the small plastic between black post and metal guide. That is enough to push the ball a bit to the left and avoids drains through the middle. The ball is sent smoothly to the right flipper. Costs nothing and is hardly visible.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you affix this and what gauge foil did you use? Tks.

#7041 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

How did you affix this and what gauge foil did you use? Tks.

The black post and the metal guide are so close to each other (at least at my MMr), that you just need to press it in the small gap. I cannot remember the gauge. Just try it from plastics in your household, which are a bit stiff, like business card box cover, office supply, cheese cover etc., you see nothing special.

#7042 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The black post and the metal guide are so close to each other (at least at my MMr), that you just need to press it in the small gap. I cannot remember the gauge. Just try it from plastics in your household, which are a bit stiff, like business card box cover, office supply, cheese cover etc., you see nothing special.

My daughters birthday is coming up, I will try some plastic from the toy boxes and report back. They use so much of the stuff in the packaging these days there is bound to be a piece that works.

#7043 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

My daughters birthday is coming up, I will try some plastic from the toy boxes and report back. They use so much of the stuff in the packaging these days there is bound to be a piece that works.

...will be your birthday as well You need to experiment a bit with the length of the plastic depending on the stiffness of the plastic. If it is too far into the playfield, it influences the ball too much. It only needs a small touch to push the ball over the upper slingshot triangle edge.

#7044 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

So I keep getting the right slingshot hit when coming down the right ramp. Table is level. Wasn't there a earlier post about this? What was the simple solution again to slightly redirect the ball towards the flipper? Tks.
Fround it, nevermind. I am curious what gauge transparent plastic foil works though.

I ended up removing the plastic And then carefully bending the end of the ball guide out. There was no way to adjust by loosening the screws since the holes in the bracket are not slotted. Which was a bummer. Now after ejecting from the merlin saucer it drops down missing the sling and hitting the right flipper.

#7045 3 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

I ended up removing the plastic And then carefully bending the end of the ball guide out. There was no way to adjust by loosening the screws since the holes in the bracket are not slotted. Which was a bummer. Now after ejecting from the merlin saucer it drops down missing the sling and hitting the right flipper.

I think this is the better way to work this problem. A slight bend to the end of the ball guide at the red bumper is the way to do it.

#7046 3 years ago

Thanks guys...kids came to the rescue. My 7 year old had a plastic left over from a toy. I removed the playfield plastic and unscrewed the guide, then put the plastic between the guide and rubber bumper, screwed it back in, and perfecto. Great solution, thanks!

On another subject, is anyone else's translite vibrating? I hear it a lot with multi ball. Thus far I tried felt. No success. Going to try electrical tape next. Appreciate any other ideas or success stories to help eliminate this annoying rattle.

#7047 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Down the Right ramp or down the right orbit?

#7048 3 years ago

@Westsiderkg: My translite was also vibrating a bit.
As others suggested, I did apply some electrical tape along the bottom of the translite and that seemed to eliminate the vibration.

I also had some rattle on my pf glass from the shaker. I applied a few pieces of thin weather stripping foam at the top of the glass (hidden under the glass channel). That also seemed to do the trick.

#7049 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Thanks guys...kids came to the rescue. My 7 year old had a plastic left over from a toy. I removed the playfield plastic and unscrewed the guide, then put the plastic between the guide and rubber bumper, screwed it back in, and perfecto. Great solution, thanks!
On another subject, is anyone else's translite vibrating? I hear it a lot with multi ball. Thus far I tried felt. No success. Going to try electrical tape next. Appreciate any other ideas or success stories to help eliminate this annoying rattle.

same here with multiball vibrating translite. I use thin self-adhesive foam on top of the translite. not perfect but more less vibrations.

#7050 3 years ago

Hi. I’m a pinhead who’s stuck in the 90’s. I’m at my local arcade 3 days a week. They rotate 20+ pins that range from Jumping Jack (1973) to TMNT (2020) and while I try them all, I end up spending 95% of my time playing MM, TAF, TZ, Whirlwind, Funhouse and World Cup Soccer 94.

I’m not smart enough or handy enough to keep a 20+ year old game working, so owning a pin was never a real option. I wasn’t paying attention in 2015 when CGC started doing Remakes, and only found out about CGC very recently. TOM and MM are my favorite pins and when I discovered I could get a MMR NIB in the year 2020 I had to join this club.

I officially joined the club on Tuesday when my MMR CE arrived. 5 days in and I’m absolutely amazed at the quality of the product CGC produced. It plays exactly like the MM at the arcade (which is maintained to perfection by the owner). I’m thrilled with my purchase! Only one complaint...

As I’ve seen others mention in earlier posts, the callout volume level is low. The music drowns out the callouts too much. This is not a problem with the MM machine at the arcade. While the music is good, the callouts are what separates MM from other pins with great layouts and rulesets.

So I’ve seen the complaint on this board, but never seen a resolution. Is there one? I notice that the software in my machine (3.0.0 Beta 1) has a “subwoofer adjustment”. The range for the adjustment is from -127 to +127. Is there an optimum adjustment to emphasize voice over music, or is the mix messed up no matter where your subwoofer adjustment is? I’ve tried a few adjustments and can’t really find any level that makes much difference. But with 255 different positions available, I haven’t tried them all. Can anybody help?

My dream scenario is that CGC fixes the callout volume problem tomorrow and on the same day announces that TOM is the next remake. That would be a hell of a great day!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/141?hl=westsiderkg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.