IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,190 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 204.
#6901 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Red arrows point to screws you loosen.
Yellow arrow points to area you put a washer between wood playfield and metal bracket. Thick washer or a couple. Then tighten the screws.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Hi LTG,

I tried an failed, cause the size of the screws doesn’t fit with our standard tools here in Germany, must be US metric. Can you please give me size of the srewtool which fits?
Thank you

#6902 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Can you please give me size of the srewtool which fits?

I use a 1/4 inch nut driver.

#6903 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I use a 1/4 inch nut driver.

thanks a lot, sounds good, its 66mm
we have this sizes here

#6904 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

thanks a lot, sounds good, its 66mm
we have this sizes here

0.25 inch is NOT 66mm. It’s actually 6.35mm

#6905 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

0.25 inch is NOT 66mm. It’s actually 6.35mm

M6 is closest to 0.25 inch. I found this out while selecting screws for my homebrew drink caddie design.

#6906 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

install 3.0 final and check MMR manual page 1-11ff (my printed version from CGC) or if not available check the MBR manual online (same as my printed version in that case)

Thanks for that. I couldn’t find it in the online MMR manual. Here is a screen shot from the AFM manual to help others.

4B249740-A4C4-4CE2-9C5D-D9F65E32CA10 (resized).jpeg4B249740-A4C4-4CE2-9C5D-D9F65E32CA10 (resized).jpeg
#6907 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Thanks for that. I couldn’t find it in the online MMR manual. Here is a screen shot from the AFM manual to help others.
[quoted image]

thanks, thats correct; it´s in the MBR(!) online manual too;

#6908 3 years ago

As my MMRRE is now 5 days here I clould check also a little bit the mass of menue items.
I noticed two things.
The Trolls Test (Test Menu T.20) does not work, neither the right nor the left one because of reported bad switch 74/75, see picture 1.
But the switches are connected correctly. This seems to be a SW problem.

Also in the MMR System Menu, at the Speaker LED Brightness (Picture 2) the brightness does not change, but the brightness of the playfield lamps under the slingshots are changing, seems to be a SW problem too.
Same with you?

Troll Test Prob (resized).jpgTroll Test Prob (resized).jpgSpeaker Brightnessb (resized).jpgSpeaker Brightnessb (resized).jpg
#6909 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

The Trolls Test (Test Menu T.20) does not work,

Did you have the high power interlock switch pulled out ?

Quoted from Cayenne:

reported bad switch 74/

Tests - Switch Edge - does it work there ? Might not have been hit recently or might need adjusting.

#6910 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you have the high power interlock switch pulled out ?

Tests - Switch Edge - does it work there ? Might not have been hit recently or might need adjusting.

or could be thats a 220V pin?; my friend has the same issue with the Trolls Test.
I didnt pulled out a high switch interlock, sounds risky.

#6911 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

or could be thats a 220V pin?; my friend has the same issue with the Trolls Test.
I didnt pulled out a high switch interlock, sounds risky.

110 or 220 doesn't matter. Tests are tests.

Enabling high power is the only way to test solenoids. Isn't risky. You are just turning on 50 volts to coils.

#6912 3 years ago

Can the custom logo menu be obtained by downloading the current MMR software for any MMR pin version?

#6913 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Can the custom logo menu be obtained by downloading the current MMR software for any MMR pin version?

Yes.

#6914 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

110 or 220 doesn't matter. Tests are tests.
Enabling high power is the only way to test solenoids. Isn't risky. You are just turning on 50 volts to coils.

thank you LTG much appreciated your expertise; I will do this after deinstalling this shit Mantis Merlin hole protector to solve the issue with my popper

#6915 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Red arrows point to screws you loosen.
Yellow arrow points to area you put a washer between wood playfield and metal bracket. Thick washer or a couple. Then tighten the screws.
[quoted image]

If I understand this correctly, to help remedy a ball not properly ejecting from the Merlin hole, you're suggesting installing a thick washer under one screw only (as shown in the pic), not all off them? I opened a ticket with CGC on this same situation, and they also suggested the thick washer, but didn't clarify under just one, or all of the screws. Hopefully, this would also help with the ball not going in the hole at all on a Merlin shot, but passing through. Frustrating as well.

#6916 3 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I joined the club this week with a NIB MMR! So far mostly so good but 2 days in I've run into my first problem. My tower diverter stopped opening yesterday and now is reporting stuck closed when in the Tower Test menu (T.17). I opened a ticket with CGC but figured I'd check to see if anyone else has run into this and has any ideas.
If I run the diverter test, you can hear the coil try to pull the diverter down but it doesn't go anywhere, like it's stuck. If I put the slightest bit of pressure on the top of the diverter while running the test it will retract every time. I can pull it down easily from below the playfield and nothing feels stuck...except me trying to fix it! (see what I did there?)
Excited to be in the club either way, she looks great next to my LoTR LE!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did you ever find out the problem on this issue? I have a fairly NIB MMReSE (got her about 4 months ago) -plays great right out of the box, but now having that same issue. Checked the 3 switches, etc - all register during test, but my screen shows the same issues.

Any ideas on this one?

#6917 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

If I understand this correctly, to help remedy a ball not properly ejecting from the Merlin hole, you're suggesting installing a thick washer under one screw only (as shown in the pic), not all off them? I opened a ticket with CGC on this same situation, and they also suggested the thick washer, but didn't clarify under just one, or all of the screws. Hopefully, this would also help with the ball not going in the hole at all on a Merlin shot, but passing through. Frustrating as well.

i have more all less all probs with the Merlin hole.
1. Mantis protector (installed by the dealer) which have contact with the popper, which then stays and takes time to sink down.
2. Ball stays between popper and edge
3. sometimes ball running through Merlins hole
I hope I can fix this within next days. I have no experiences with removing the mechanic

#6918 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

you're suggesting installing a thick washer under one screw only (as shown in the pic), not all off them?

No, just on the left end of the metal bracket, between the metal bracket and wood playfield.

#6919 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

For those who asked for more close up pictures of the missing center lane piece, here you go.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just wanted to give a shout out for this amazing plastic piece. At first I was like, is it really worth it and now after receiving it, I can confidently say YES. It’s flawless and looks factory produced and what they should have put on the machine initially.

I currently just had a decal, not the ones previously shown, and a plastic protector. This new piece is SO MUCH better.

Anyway, here’s a couple of pics of mine and just wanted to give props and say thanks for producing an amazing piece.

Only bad thing is now I have to figure out how to mod the metal piece to get a light under it, I know first world problems.

Take care everyone and stay safe.

2AC65F90-CE6C-4C58-BFE5-D7365F78FC74 (resized).jpeg2AC65F90-CE6C-4C58-BFE5-D7365F78FC74 (resized).jpeg776073CB-7468-481D-A63B-AE03FA903245 (resized).jpeg776073CB-7468-481D-A63B-AE03FA903245 (resized).jpeg

#6920 3 years ago

Not sure why the original game did not come with a piece here. Even if not lit up still looks so much better than blank steel.

I am contemplating how to light the piece as well. Westsiderkg did a modification to light the piece. It may be the only option. Just such a tight space.

#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Not sure why the original game did not come with a piece here. Even if not lit up still looks so much better than blank steel.
I am contemplating how to light the piece as well. westsiderkg did a modification to light the piece. It may be the only option. Just such a tight space.

Possibly it kept breaking on location testing?

#6922 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Possibly it kept breaking on location testing?

Ive had mine on my MMR fo a week and it has not broken.

#6923 3 years ago

I have a question about the shaker (MMRRE, factory installed).
I can't really feel a difference to light, default and strong. Also shaky or default (2nd option) has no noticeable effect.
Is that really true?
For me, the shaker is so okay, I've had enough. A little less shake would be good to adjust.

#6924 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I have a question about the shaker (MMRRE, factory installed).
I can't really feel a difference to light, default and strong. Also shaky or default (2nd option) has no noticeable effect.
Is that really true?
For me, the shaker is so okay, I've had enough. A little less shake would be good to adjust.

You can adjust the power of the shaker motor mechanically.

With the game off, raise the playfield up and take the plastic cover off the shaker motor.

There are a pair of weights on the ends of the rotating shaft.

If you loosen the screw, you can change the orientation of the weights.

When they are in the same direction = maximum shaking; opposite direction = minimum shaking

This thread has some good pictures, although this is a DE shaker, they are all very similar to this design.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-a-shaker-motor-on-tftc-tutorial

RussM

#6925 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Ive had mine on my MMR fo a week and it has not broken.

Not saying this will necessarily break in a home environment, and I think it’s a great mod that was likely there originally. I’ll definitely be getting one (if he’ll ship to Oz). Just trying to reason why they’d remove it or not have it in there.

#6926 3 years ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

You can adjust the power of the shaker motor mechanically.
With the game off, raise the playfield up and take the plastic cover off the shaker motor.
There are a pair of weights on the ends of the rotating shaft.
If you loosen the screw, you can change the orientation of the weights.
When they are in the same direction = maximum shaking; opposite direction = minimum shaking
This thread has some good pictures, although this is a DE shaker, they are all very similar to this design.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-a-shaker-motor-on-tftc-tutorial
RussM

Thank you Russ,
good link, I will check this.
One part of my question was, that I feel no really differences changing the settings in the CGC menu.
Same experiences?
Joerg

#6927 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Thank you Russ,
good link, I will check this.
One part of my question was, that I feel no really differences changing the settings in the CGC menu.
Same experiences?
Joerg

I don't see much difference in the shaker motor behavior from the settings in the CGC menu either.

Changing the orientation of the weights WILL make a big difference.

While you have the cover off, make sure the mounting bolts are all tightened down. I had them loosen up a bit and it caused annoying rattling when the shaker was on.

Making everything tight fixed that.

RM

#6928 3 years ago

Thank you looks great

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6929 3 years ago

I am going to undate my 2016 Stern built MMR Standard that still has the factoru shipped software to the latest CGC software version in order to get the custom logo menu. Does anyone have advice about backing up the version I currently have, how to, etc? Thanks in advance!

#6930 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not saying this will necessarily break in a home environment, and I think it’s a great mod that was likely there originally. I’ll definitely be getting one (if he’ll ship to Oz). Just trying to reason why they’d remove it or not have it in there.

My guess is it would brake all the time...thats a high volume area....its a great looking plastic, but it really needs a plastic protector underneath to prevent this from happening

#6931 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess is it would brake all the time...thats a high volume area....its a great looking plastic, but it really needs a plastic protector underneath to prevent this from happening

There are 2 other pieces in the immediate area. It is the middle of the 2 lanes however I do not see a lot of balls hitting the plastic area very hard. I have a protector there so I imagine it will be just fine.

#6932 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

There are 2 other pieces in the immediate area. It is the middle of the 2 lanes however I do not see a lot of balls hitting the plastic area very hard. I have a protector there so I imagine it will be just fine.

Thats true and I hope your correct, but the leading right edge is vulnerable. If there was a plastic piece available I would definitely add a protector.

#6933 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Does anyone have advice about backing up the version I currently have, how to, etc?

I don't think you can.

#6934 3 years ago

I what my update

#6935 3 years ago

Apologies if this issue has been discussed before, but once Damsel multiball is activated, if i shoot the ball up the ramp the gate stays open and the ball then gets stuck in the castle. Until I open the glass and remove the ball (of course losing my turn) the ball will not come free. What to do??? This is the only time the ball gets trapped in the castle.

#6936 3 years ago
Quoted from smallstocks:

Apologies if this issue has been discussed before, but once Damsel multiball is activated, if i shoot the ball up the ramp the gate stays open and the ball then gets stuck in the castle. Until I open the glass and remove the ball (of course losing my turn) the ball will not come free. What to do??? This is the only time the ball gets trapped in the castle.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/118#post-5636214

#6937 3 years ago

Thank you. I did that previously and that left plenty of room. The ball doesn't get trapped during the madness behind the castle. The switch it lies on does not release the ball. Again, this is not on the initial trigger shot that gets the multiball lit. it is during the Damsel multiball that this happens. I suspect the gate isn't even supposed to be open anymore at that point.

#6938 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I did not manage to install the Mantis protector to the Merlin hole on MMR. With regular MM it was ok.
That's why its sticking and that causes the eject problems.

thank you guys.
I remove the Mantis protector (installed by the dealer).
I also, thanks to LTG , put an thick washer under left screw of the Merlin mechanic, as mentioned.
We played >25 games and no issues any more with the Merlin hole.
I am so happy, MMR RE runs like hell now.

#6939 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

thank you guys.
I remove the Mantis protector (installed by the dealer).
I also, thanks to ltg , put an thick washer under left screw of the Merlin mechanic, as mentioned.
We played >25 games and no issues any more with the Merlin hole.
I am so happy, MMR RE runs like hell now.

Good to hear!

#6940 3 years ago

I’m still trying to figure out why that (my) post received a downvote.

#6941 3 years ago

I have a question about the DIP settings.
there is no documentation of what they are actually for.
Especially I ask myself where the difference between Europe (my delivered settings) and Germany is.

#6942 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I have a question about the DIP settings.
there is no documentation of what they are actually for.
Especially I ask myself where the difference between Europe (my delivered settings) and Germany is.

There is -

https://www.flippers.be/basics/101_wpc_country_settings.html

#6943 3 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about the upgrades from PLanetary Pinball? I have emailed Sara and she has not replied.

#6944 3 years ago

A quick thank you to Chuck, aka Modfather, for custom painting our castle. Pictures don't do it justice. Anyone thinking of doing this mod should have no hesitation, well worth it!!!

20200806_200918 (resized).jpg20200806_200918 (resized).jpg20200806_200944 (resized).jpg20200806_200944 (resized).jpg
#6945 3 years ago

And one more thanks to M&M custom painting for your hard work painting our dragon, wow! Amazing detail.

20200806_200904 (resized).jpg20200806_200904 (resized).jpg20200806_201017 (resized).jpg20200806_201017 (resized).jpg20200806_201002 (resized).jpg20200806_201002 (resized).jpg
#6946 3 years ago

The diverter is stuck open. How do I fix this issue?

#6947 3 years ago
Quoted from smallstocks:

Does it move up and down freely ?

Does it work in Test ?

#6948 3 years ago
Quoted from smallstocks:

Check to see if it is binding on the ramp. Check for loose screws on the solenoid bracket underneath.

#6949 3 years ago

MMR Classic Edition - same as MMR standard edition, but plywood bottom and finished backbox edges is standard now - original MSRP $8,000

Can anybody confirm that the color DMD upgrade sold for use with the standard edition works with the CE? Thanks!

#6950 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does it move up and down freely ?
Does it work in Test ?

It is not moving at all anymore and does not work in test either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
There are 10,190 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.