image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 205.
#6851 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

And about how long is shipping to U.S.???

you can write Anita
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convoluxcom
she is very friendly

#6852 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Maybe drop us a few pics here friend??? Tks.

I will do tomorrow, with different RGB colours I guess

#6853 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

What is the entry "Through Pop Strengths" for.

Trough. - ball trough strength. The power for the coil that kicks the ball up out of the ball trough to the shooter lane.

LTG : )

#6854 3 years ago

F106981E-3DC6-4183-8A86-6FA2DEB23FBE (resized).jpegF106981E-3DC6-4183-8A86-6FA2DEB23FBE (resized).jpegGot this beauty unboxed and setup last night. Plays perfectly out of the box. Wow. Having owned a really nice original some time ago, this is in another league. Hats off to CGC. Re#4045

3C8E021D-FC59-47C3-A27F-AE522A135D82 (resized).jpeg3C8E021D-FC59-47C3-A27F-AE522A135D82 (resized).jpeg484607A5-6E91-49AD-84A8-708F596EE68B (resized).jpeg484607A5-6E91-49AD-84A8-708F596EE68B (resized).jpeg496BEC09-4D1D-4CC7-98B3-7382A1A67112 (resized).jpeg496BEC09-4D1D-4CC7-98B3-7382A1A67112 (resized).jpeg6D1F52D6-F26E-4B35-979D-47AD907B6861 (resized).jpeg6D1F52D6-F26E-4B35-979D-47AD907B6861 (resized).jpeg

9E789829-97E4-45D0-95B7-B16DEAAC1ECE (resized).jpeg9E789829-97E4-45D0-95B7-B16DEAAC1ECE (resized).jpegB7813A85-0E3B-4286-BEC8-789B84BEAAA9 (resized).jpegB7813A85-0E3B-4286-BEC8-789B84BEAAA9 (resized).jpegE03C0453-3313-4D51-9739-825F1858B233 (resized).jpegE03C0453-3313-4D51-9739-825F1858B233 (resized).jpegF106981E-3DC6-4183-8A86-6FA2DEB23FBE (resized).jpegF106981E-3DC6-4183-8A86-6FA2DEB23FBE (resized).jpeg

#6855 3 years ago

And that new pinball smell is the best!

#6856 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

And that new pinball smell is the best!

Absolutely. Just beats the old musty smoke smell.

#6857 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]Got this beauty unboxed and setup last night. Plays perfectly out of the box. Wow. Having owned a really nice original some time ago, this is in another league. Hats off to CGC. Re#4045
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

is this subwoofer Standard? I have another one in my RE

#6858 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

[quoted image]Got this beauty unboxed and setup last night. Plays perfectly out of the box. Wow. Having owned a really nice original some time ago, this is in another league. Hats off to CGC. Re#4045

It looks really nice, congrats! Is the coin door also powder coated?

#6859 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It looks really nice, congrats! Is the coin door also powder coated?

Yes, and apron and speaker panel.

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

is this subwoofer Standard? I have another one in my RE

That’s the backbox speakers- that’s how they came.

#6861 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I will do tomorrow, with different RGB colours I guess

Tks, can't wait to see them!

#6862 3 years ago

I should be buying a MMR standard edition today or tomorrow. Quick questions, does the software updates on Chicago gaming's website support all models? This one is built I believe in 2016, standard edition. Also, will the new upgrades, Topper, RGB upgrade, Sound, XL display work with this pin or is it only for the "new" base CE model.

Thank you!

#6863 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Quick questions, does the software updates on Chicago gaming's website support all models?

Yes.

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Also, will the new upgrades, Topper, RGB upgrade, Sound, XL display work with this pin

Yes.

#6864 3 years ago

Awesome news!!!!

I just brought home this pin today that Fell in love with so many years ago!! Finally own this holy grail pin “for me anyway”!!! Had to sell a pin or two, but so happy.

Great to know I can now upgrade it to the next level. This pin already had the color dmd option installed by its previous owner.

Any suggestions on which vendor to go for the new upgrades as far as RGB light and XL display/sound upgrade? I looked up cointaker and all the options say coming soon.

Thank you
And glad to be part of the club with a HUO 2016 MMR SE!!!

#6865 3 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Any suggestions on which vendor to go for the new upgrades as far as RGB light and XL display/sound upgrade? I looked up cointaker and all the options say coming soon.

None of the distributors have them yet. Some did go overseas in a container full of pins to save on shipping.

https://www.kingpingames.net/ Call Chris.

#6866 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

None of the distributors have them yet. Some did go overseas in a container full of pins to save on shipping.
https://www.kingpingames.net/ Call Chris.

I will be calling them tomorrow, thank you!

#6867 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is what changes the screen to the color upgrade.

No, just enables color update.

If the ball isn't sitting the whole way to the left, it may not kick out. That kickout by design is weak. If that is going on, under the playfield I'd loosen the bracket and stick a washer between the bracket and playfield on the left side, lowering it a little so the ball sits in there better and kicks out better. Issue common to MM and MMR.

Dear LTG,

I found your answer regarding the Merlin hole and that the ball will not kick out.
I have the same issue, esp. that also several (automatically generate) "Empty balls" will not help; the bumper is too left and the ball lays often between bumper and edge.
You mentioned a washer. Do you have a picture how this will look like to fix?
Excuse me, its my first pin and I have the beautiful RE since 4 days.

TY
Joerg

#6868 3 years ago

HD Display!
Since i upgraded to the XL display sometimes
the first half-second of some graphics are low res in green

is this now more noticeable during the larger display?

hmm

you notice this also?

tom

#6869 3 years ago

About the XL-panel upgrade and backglass: I installed the upgrade, but now my backglass can be removed from the backbox regardless of whether the backglass is locked in or not...

Anybody with similar experience and how to fix it? Seems that there is too much slack in the locking mechanism. Thanks for any info!

#6870 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Dear LTG,
I found your answer regarding the Merlin hole and that the ball will not kick out.
I have the same issue, esp. that also several (automatically generate) "Empty balls" will not help; the bumper is too left and the ball lays often between bumper and edge.
Excuse me, its my first pin and I have the beautiful RE since 4 days.
TY
Joerg

Hi. Hmmm... this is interesting. On my NIB MMR RE after about a week my Merlin shot stopped registered the ball as well. Ball would go in but just sit there until ball search kicked it out. Turns out one of the wires connected to the ball sensor switch had come away from its soldered connection. Re-soldered it and away we go again. Good luck with yours.

6F487BF1-AE6D-4A7E-8F8E-64D6F54DB942 (resized).jpeg6F487BF1-AE6D-4A7E-8F8E-64D6F54DB942 (resized).jpeg
#6871 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hi. Hmmm... this is interesting. On my NIB MMR RE after about a week my Merlin shot stopped registered the ball as well. Ball would go in but just sit there until ball search kicked it out. Turns out one of the wires connected to the ball sensor switch had come away from its soldered connection. Re-soldered it and away we go again. Good luck with yours.[quoted image]

Thank you,

the problem has been occurring regularly for about two days now.
But it is different with me. The ball is in the hole, registered the action and with the ejector the ball is stuck (between edge and bumper).
The bumper does not go down completely (under the ball), and only the vibration leads to success.

#6872 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Hi. Hmmm... this is interesting. On my NIB MMR RE after about a week my Merlin shot stopped registered the ball as well. Ball would go in but just sit there until ball search kicked it out. Turns out one of the wires connected to the ball sensor switch had come away from its soldered connection. Re-soldered it and away we go again. Good luck with yours.[quoted image]

Wires coming off because of vibration is normal pinball maintenance. Doesn’t happen too often but it does nonetheless. I had to re solder a wire to one of the troll stand up targets this week. Saw a credit dot, checked the report, found the problem, fixed it. All in about 5 mins.

#6873 3 years ago

Guys,
I suspect my ball-sticking problem is caused by something else.
This is how it often looks like with the Merlin hole (picture 1) with the sitting ball.
Question: Is it normal that after the kick out of the ball the kicker looks a bit above the playfield? (Pictures 2&3).
Here 2 problems: Balls coming slowly from the right get stuck and balls from the front can bounce off.

My guess: the kicker is slightly sticking to the hole protector (which the dealer has installed).
Your opinion?

Thank you

Merlin Loch 1 (resized).jpgMerlin Loch 1 (resized).jpgMerlin Loch 2 (resized).jpgMerlin Loch 2 (resized).jpgMerlin Loch 3 (resized).jpgMerlin Loch 3 (resized).jpg
#6874 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Guys,
This is how it often looks like with the Merlin hole (picture 1) with the sitting ball.
Question: Is it normal that after the kick out of the ball the kicker looks a bit above the playfield? (Pictures 2&3).
Here 2 problems: Balls coming slowly from the right get stuck and balls from the front can bounce off.
My guess: the kicker is slightly sticking to the hole protector (which the dealer has installed).
Your opinion?
Thank you[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hole protector incorrectly installed which is causing the plunger to rub on it and get stuck. Either remove the protector or adjust it. I don’t have any protectors so can’t help with the adjustment aspect.

#6875 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Hole protector incorrectly installed which is causing the plunger to rub on it and get stuck. Either remove the protector or adjust it. I don’t have any protectors so can’t help with the adjustment aspect.

Hi,

thank you, what is wrong installed?
Excuse me, my first pin, and I have zero experiences with removing or installing protectors, but can check how to improve this (probably with a rasp)

#6876 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Guys,
Your opinion?
Thank you[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did not manage to install the Mantis protector to the Merlin hole on MMR. With regular MM it was ok.
That's why its sticking and that causes the eject problems.

#6877 3 years ago

Could someone help me out and post close up pictures of all their pesant and dragon ramp mounting nuts and washers installed? I removed both ramps thinking I'd remember where the washers went and how they're factory mounted, now I can't recall. Tks!!!

#6878 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

Red arrows point to screws you loosen.

Yellow arrow points to area you put a washer between wood playfield and metal bracket. Thick washer or a couple. Then tighten the screws.

IMG_2998 (resized).JPGIMG_2998 (resized).JPG
#6879 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

thinking I'd remember where the washers went and how they're factory mounted,

Hex post - washer on top - ramp on top of that - washer on top of ramp - lock nut.

#6880 3 years ago

Hey All, we are looking to design a speaker decal for MM, MMR and MMRRE. I have an MMR so no issue getting those dimensions. However, I don't have an MMRRE but I do have an MBR. Can someone confirm or deny that the speaker panel, screen, and speaker cutouts are the same dimensions as MBR?

#6881 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

HD Display!
Since i upgraded to the XL display sometimes
the first half-second of some graphics are low res in green
is this now more noticeable during the larger display?
hmm
you notice this also?
tom

Do you know this?

#6882 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Hey All, we are looking to design a speaker decal for MM, MMR and MMRRE. I have an MMR so no issue getting those dimensions. However, I don't have an MMRRE but I do have an MBR. Can someone confirm or deny that the speaker panel, screen, and speaker cutouts are the same dimensions as MBR?

I have a MMR RE and a MBR LE and the panels look identical.

#6883 3 years ago

I did not see anything in the games maintenance manual as far as rubber and post sizes as well as qty. Is there a page missing maybe?? I wanted to change them out for something besides black which is on the game now. There aren't many on the game, just figured they would be in the manual.

Thank you,

#6884 3 years ago

Sorry, I meant pics of the top of the playfield mounting points...

#6885 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Sorry, I meant pics of the top of the playfield mounting points...

Only have one. Enlarge it and you can figure it out.

IMG_1010 (resized).JPGIMG_1010 (resized).JPG
#6886 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I did not manage to install the Mantis protector to the Merlin hole on MMR. With regular MM it was ok.
That's why its sticking and that causes the eject problems.

you are right; the stick (bumper) has too much contact with the protector (inside) and will not sink back after ejecting the ball. I assume I have to remove it

#6887 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Tks, can't wait to see them!

here you are, starting with daylight and pin power off, then changing the GIand at the end without GI.
I also made a short video with continously chaing colour. For MMR there will be 5 plastic protectors in the set.

Video: https://vimeo.com/444372900

Convolux0 (resized).jpgConvolux0 (resized).jpgConvolux1 (resized).jpgConvolux1 (resized).jpgConvolux2 (resized).jpgConvolux2 (resized).jpgConvolux3 (resized).jpgConvolux3 (resized).jpgConvolux4 (resized).jpgConvolux4 (resized).jpgConvolux5 (resized).jpgConvolux5 (resized).jpg
#6888 3 years ago

I am trying to install a custom logo into my MMR. How do I do this? I cannot seem to find any info.

#6889 3 years ago

check out this video, sometimes my display is not hi.res and not colored

you see the problem at

0:07
0:27
0:35
1:09

I never noticed this at MBR LE or AFM LE

thank you tom

#6890 3 years ago

Someone on the MBr thread had the same problem. I think he resolved it by re-installing the latest software update.

#6891 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

you see the problem at

thank you tom

I checked my MMRRE and never saw this.
I read in the german forum flippermarkt.de that some guys have the same issue after installing the new add ons in their MMR.
Did you upgrade yours too?

Grüße nach Österreich

#6892 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

I am trying to install a custom logo into my MMR. How do I do this? I cannot seem to find any info.

install 3.0 final and check MMR manual page 1-11ff (my printed version from CGC) or if not available check the MBR manual online (same as my printed version in that case)

#6893 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

you see the problem at

thank you tom

I haven't checked this yet on my MMR. But maybe the firmware that one can be downloaded from CGC is different from the version included in the mini-sd card with the upgrade - maybe worth to check it out?

#6894 3 years ago

Is there any reason to download the current software for MMR, over the first run factory installed software MMR Standards/LEs that were produced in 2016? Has anything changed/bugs fixed etc. since then?

#6895 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is there any reason to download the current software for MMR, over the first run factory installed software MMR Standards/LEs that were produced in 2016? Has anything changed/bugs fixed etc. since then?

If you want any of the new upgrades for the Royal Edition you will need the new version.

#6896 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

you see the problem at

thank you tom

You might check that your color chip is seated firmly. Not sure where it is on the RE, but I seem to recall this was a suggestion for the same behavior on the AFMr thread. Best I can tell the color chip is just a security dongle, and when it loses connection the software drops back to standard. Don't quote me on that, pure speculation.

#6897 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I haven't checked this yet on my MMR. But maybe the firmware that one can be downloaded from CGC is different from the version included in the mini-sd card with the upgrade - maybe worth to check it out?

both ist version 3.0.0

at the website and also at the sd cards with the upgrade kits.

#6898 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

You might check that your color chip is seated firmly. Not sure where it is on the RE, but I seem to recall this was a suggestion for the same behavior on the AFMr thread. Best I can tell the color chip is just a security dongle, and when it loses connection the software drops back to standard. Don't quote me on that, pure speculation.

the chip is not lose it is also fixed with a cable tie

the system is crap the should replace the low res in the software with high res.

i think also they check the security chip only at boot up, makes no sense to check it every view seconds

i know now 5 users with this problems !!!!

#6899 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Check this out fellows….a custom made, LIT, missing center lane piece. After about 2 hours of dremeling and modifying the framework, including modding the lighting, wala….pretty cool, huh???
Pretty cool how someone else is attempting to recreate these covers too.
I still have a handful left....when theyre gone theyre gone...don't think I will be doing these again, simply not enough time these days. Tks.
[quoted image]

Nice idea...How much are these delivered?

#6900 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

you see the problem at

thank you tom

I played a game and it was ok for me - I did not notice any such green screens or low-res graphics.
I had upgraded my firmware to 3.0 from the CGC webpage prior to receiving the upgrades and the mini-sd card.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.