3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 203.
#6751 3 years ago

hmm, what is it that you are selling - its not obvious to me

#6752 3 years ago

new CGC pinballs have finally arrived in Germany.
My RE will find a new home soon.

pins PHOTO-2020-07-22-17-12-26 (resized).jpgpins PHOTO-2020-07-22-17-12-26 (resized).jpg
#6753 3 years ago

Hopefully I get a confirmation about an RGB kit soon.

#6754 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hmm, what is it that you are selling - its not obvious to me

Missing playfield piece, tks.

20200722_191458 (resized).jpg20200722_191458 (resized).jpg
#6755 3 years ago

FOR SALE

Complete MMR Display UNIT
incl TFT Display + TGB Kit + Williamslogo with EL Paper
and coat of arms stainless steel logos

Prise 250$ + shipping (about 50$ for example to USA)

or send me an offer

mm (resized).jpgmm (resized).jpg
#6756 3 years ago

I noticed that the MMR GI RGB UPGRADE KIT, MMR KING OF PAYNE TOPPER and MMR XL DISPLAY/SOUND UPGRADE have landed into the EU.

Just to check: isn't it so that these are not any limited edition and will be continuously available from CGC/Distributors?
I mean - can one wait with the purchase or should one buy right away?

Thanks for any info!

#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Missing playfield piece, tks.
[quoted image]

Nice idea.....how many of these did you make?

#6758 3 years ago

I ordered and got mine. Just came back to this thread to check how you cut and installed the piece. I have plastic protectors on my game so cutting my piece to size now.

IMG_0704 (resized).jpgIMG_0704 (resized).jpg
#6759 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I noticed that the MMR GI RGB UPGRADE KIT, MMR KING OF PAYNE TOPPER and MMR XL DISPLAY/SOUND UPGRADE have landed into the EU.
Just to check: isn't it so that these are not any limited edition and will be continuously available from CGC/Distributors?
Thanks for any info!

If I recall it was only the Topper that would be limited. But only in the sense that they’ll make enough for people that want them now, and won’t be doing another run. Who knows though.

#6760 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

If I recall it was only the Topper that would be limited. But only in the sense that they’ll make enough for people that want them now, and won’t be doing another run. Who knows though.

They know how to instill fear into buyers that want one and might be sitting on the fence.

#6761 3 years ago

whats the latest firmware

at the website is 3-0-0

no Topper adjustments?

#6762 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

My guess is they will sell these upgrade kits forever....I'm not buying that their limited unless CGC actually comes out and makes that statement. To my knowledge I haven't heard them say that.

#6763 3 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

whats the latest firmware

at the website is 3-0-0

That is it.

No idea on topper adjustments. I'm waiting for the topper before I update the game.

LTG : )

#6764 3 years ago

Ok, got the missing piece installed. Looks so much better with this small addition. cut and polished the edges.

IMG_0707 (resized).JPGIMG_0707 (resized).JPG

NOTE: there is a notch in the plastic protector that I originally decided to not notch the new piece with this. WELL. That notch is there for a reason! LOL

I first installed the piece without the notch and quickly discovered the notch needs to be there for the drawbridge clearance.
IMG_0708 (resized).JPGIMG_0708 (resized).JPGIMG_0706 (resized).jpgIMG_0706 (resized).jpg

#6765 3 years ago

new acrylic mirror
coat of arms

49$ shipped to usa

send me a PM if you are interested

IMG_2472 (resized).jpegIMG_2472 (resized).jpegIMG_2475 (resized).jpegIMG_2475 (resized).jpeg
#6766 3 years ago

Is there a consensus on the clear plastic protectors (yea or nay)? Who has the best ones?

#6767 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks for any info!

I don't think they are limited but I'm not sure I'd risk waiting too long.

#6768 3 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

My MMR turned up today. Box was a bit rough but everything was good on opening... phew! It really is a beautiful game... played perfectly out of the box... very smooth. A couple of vibrations and a blemish on the lock bar to sort and that’s it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice mate, Great to see one come to NZ.

#6769 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

Is there a consensus on the clear plastic protectors (yea or nay)? Who has the best ones?

Pinbits

#6770 3 years ago

Hey, we received the Troll lights and love the effect when the trolls are up.

However, there is a little bit of light bleed through the table since the lights are always on. (The 1st photo below is MUCH worse than the eye can see due to the iPhone's camera over-compensating in low light.) It's much less pronounced during gameplay but it's still subtly there a bit, particularly in the Patron of the Peasants. (2nd photo) I used a bit of electrical tape to try to mask around the troll cutouts, and it helped, but it's not quite eliminated.

Do you, or others, have any further suggestions? And yes, it's something that can be lived with but it's an OCD issue.

IMG_3080-2 (resized).jpgIMG_3080-2 (resized).jpgIMG_3076-2 (resized).jpgIMG_3076-2 (resized).jpg
#6771 3 years ago
Quoted from default_user:

However, there is a little bit of light bleed through the table since the lights are always on. (The 1st photo below is MUCH worse than the eye can see due to the iPhone's camera over-compensating in low light.) It's much less pronounced during gameplay but it's still subtly there a bit, particularly in the Patron of the Peasants. (2nd photo) I used a bit of electrical tape to try to mask around the troll cutouts, and it helped, but it's not quite eliminated.
Do you, or others, have any further suggestions? And yes, it's something that can be lived with but it's an OCD issue. [quoted image][quoted image]

I have noticed very slight bleed on the trolls insert, mainly just the top 1/3 of the insert, but barely noticeable on my game. Ive never seen it like that on the first pic you show. Try to position the brackets as close as you can to the trolls, and electrical tape along the Edge of the board to block off that gap So light can’t get under it would likely eliminate it.

#6772 3 years ago

Just noticed that I have some small hairline cracks on my right ramp from the pressure of the ramp on the pop bumper. I put a ticket into CGC. Wanting to know if this is a common issue hoping it doesn’t get worse.

3894CF73-D7B8-4920-B513-7B78DB5A7384 (resized).jpeg3894CF73-D7B8-4920-B513-7B78DB5A7384 (resized).jpeg
#6773 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Just noticed that I have some small hairline cracks on my right ramp from the pressure of the ramp on the pop bumper. I put a ticket into CGC. Wanting to know if this is a common issue hoping it doesn’t get worse.

Only one I've seen. I alerted your ticket up the food chain, though they likely won't see it until Monday.

#6775 3 years ago

So, a couple of people contacted me about some light bleed on the trolls and other surrounding inserts, including a post above in this thread.

The solution is to ensure that light cannot get under the board. Weatherstripping works perfectly. Put a little bit around wherever you see any light bleed and it will be gone..see pic. I shot a video and you can see I have no bleed doing this.

Easy and cheap 2 min fix. I will note this in the instructions and begin to include some weatherstripping with the mod.

Appreciate those who flagged it, feedback is always appreciated.

IMG_20200726_185218 (resized).jpgIMG_20200726_185218 (resized).jpg
#6776 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Weatherstripping works perfectly.

Ah ha!

I feel stupid for not thinking of that. That looks perfect. Cheers!

#6777 3 years ago

Woohoo! Over 56hrs and 1600 miles later i am in the club! #635 is in its new home in my gameroom.

C36C1570-C7AB-45FA-91FC-5ECDE552259C (resized).jpegC36C1570-C7AB-45FA-91FC-5ECDE552259C (resized).jpeg508BDBDC-1065-4281-A9D4-6CF1EF92C0F1 (resized).jpeg508BDBDC-1065-4281-A9D4-6CF1EF92C0F1 (resized).jpeg
#6778 3 years ago
Quoted from default_user:

Do you, or others, have any further suggestions? And yes, it's something that can be lived with but it's an OCD issue. [quoted image][quoted image]

I made my own troll lights a few years ago. I used black foam card from the dollar store and just cut pieces of it to create a barrier. hot glued it together. And a couple of dabs to hold it to the side of the big circuit board. Worked perfect and has never come off.

Screenshot_20200726_211318 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200726_211318 (resized).jpg
#6779 3 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks for any info!

I´ve heard that there are only some distributors got a few upgrade parts. A lot of extras were delivered to https://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/ the main CGC distributor in EU.
Freddy told me today that actually only the topper from last XXL delivery is still available, the other upgrades were immediately sold out. Ask him, if and when other upgrades are available, he has good connections to CGC too.

#6780 3 years ago

new grills for MMR SE and RE in sock

35$ + shipping

IMG_2473 (resized).jpegIMG_2473 (resized).jpegIMG_2474 (resized).jpegIMG_2474 (resized).jpegIMG_2475 (resized).jpegIMG_2475 (resized).jpeg
#6781 3 years ago

So I just received my Cliffy protectors and took apart my game to install. Less than 100 plays, HOU of course, and I started finding clear chips all over. Further inspection shows lots of places where the clear is so thin it’s flaking off. I took a photo of just one of many areas. Submitted a ticket to CGC and hoping it’s an isolated issue to just my playfield and not the whole run. Hoping CGC is not falling into “clearcoat gate” that Stern and JJ have gone. Not too happy about a $10k machine with clearcoat issues. I have a MBrLE that I purchased brand new 1.5 yrs ago with ZERO playfield issues. Solid.

C1731EC5-2725-4560-B081-87AB09D42132.jpegC1731EC5-2725-4560-B081-87AB09D42132.jpeg
#6782 3 years ago

Ugh. Not good. Will check mine tonight/tomorrow and report

#6783 3 years ago

No issues on mine. That looks rough. Mantis makes a protector for that and I highly recommend it for every MM or MMR!

#6784 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

So I just received my Cliffy protectors and took apart my game to install. Less than 100 plays, HOU of course, and I started finding clear chips all over. Further inspection shows lots of places where the clear is so thin it’s flaking off. I took a photo of just one of many areas. Submitted a ticket to CGC and hoping it’s an isolated issue to just my playfield and not the whole run. Hoping CGC is not falling into “clearcoat gate” that Stern and JJ have gone. Not too happy about a $10k machine with clearcoat issues. I have a MBrLE that I purchased brand new 1.5 yrs ago with ZERO playfield issues. Solid.
[quoted image]

I've stated this before several times: That edge will remain unprotected even with the full battery of Cliffys and Mantis protectors. Personally I put poster tabs, 2 sided adhesive, under the castle cobblestone Mantis to overhang that edge you are showing.

#6785 3 years ago

Check this out fellows….a custom made, LIT, missing center lane piece. After about 2 hours of dremeling and modifying the framework, including modding the lighting, wala….pretty cool, huh???

Pretty cool how someone else is attempting to recreate these covers too.

I still have a handful left....when theyre gone theyre gone...don't think I will be doing these again, simply not enough time these days. Tks.
LIT (resized).jpgLIT (resized).jpg

#6786 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I've stated this before several times: That edge will remain unprotected even with the full battery of Cliffys and Mantis protectors. Personally I put poster tabs, 2 sided adhesive, under the castle cobblestone Mantis to overhang that edge you are showing.

If it was just that edge, I totally agree. A metal ball beating up wood is never good. However I am finding places all over my playfield that are chipping off/peeling up even where the ball doesn’t roll. I will absolutely come up with something like you have suggested to help. But for time being I want to see what CGC has for a solution to my playfield

#6787 3 years ago

I got this and am very very happy. How can a small piece of plastic contribute to one’s happiness??? But it does! Thanks for offering this.

Edit: can you post instructions to modify the lighting?

Quoted from Westsiderkg:

Check this out fellows….a custom made, LIT, missing center lane piece. After about 2 hours of dremeling and modifying the framework, including modding the lighting, wala….pretty cool, huh???
Pretty cool how someone else is attempting to recreate these covers too.
I still have a handful left....when theyre gone theyre gone...don't think I will be doing these again, simply not enough time these days. Tks.
[quoted image]

#6788 3 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

I got this and am very very happy. How can a small piece of plastic contribute to one’s happiness??? But it does! Thanks for offering this.
Edit: can you post instructions to modify the lighting?

Thanks. Drilled various, small holes first using cobalt bits, then moved to the tungsten rotary to finish, plus a little metal finishing to debur. removed almost all top metal from the 2nd screw back. Hardest part is simple time, steady hand,, patience, and correct tools. For the LED used lermods, simple rgb 3 light flexible strip which I ran thru the moat opening below.

#6789 3 years ago

Has anyone had issues with a ball going through Merlin's Magic, and not dropping into the saucer hole, it just keeps popping out the exit. My easy shots go in the hole, but a strong shot pops out the back. Frustrating, especially when it's lit for Extra Ball.

#6790 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

Has anyone had issues with a ball going through Merlin's Magic, and not dropping into the saucer hole, it just keeps popping out the exit. My easy shots go in the hole, but a strong shot pops out the back. Frustrating, especially when it's lit for Extra Ball.

All. The. Time.

I look at it as part of the skill. It isn’t simply about aim but also finesse. My wife says the game is cheating, so I set it at 5 ball for her to compensate.

#6791 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

All. The. Time.
I look at it as part of the skill. It isn’t simply about aim but also finesse. My wife says the game is cheating, so I set it at 5 ball for her to compensate.

I would agree that it’s a part of the skill, if my shots were missing the Merlin entrance. But when my shots are spot on, and the ball skips over the saucer hole, is frustrating. That’s not a lack of skill. Was thinking someone may have had the same issue and an adjustment fix. Thanks tho!!

#6792 3 years ago

KozMck Arcade drink caddie. It is fully modular, has 4 different orientations with the same bracket, right side of the cab (as shown), left side of the cab, left front and right front. There are 2 configurable heights, the one pictured is the lower position. The cup holder can be replaced, it is screwed onto the horizontal bracket. The cup holder shown has the medieval theme and can be deployed to MM/MMR and all its variations. Customizable cup holder for other pin themes.

I hope you like it.

IMG_20200728_114011399 (resized).jpgIMG_20200728_114011399 (resized).jpg

#6793 3 years ago

Twice I have triggered Damsel Madness by shooting the ball up the right ramp and twice the ball has become lost. Both times the ball could not be found despite many attempts by the machine. Now it won't even let me restart the game. There is also a check switch 58 warning. What to do?

#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from smallstocks:

Twice I have triggered Damsel Madness by shooting the ball up the right ramp and twice the ball has become lost. Both times the ball could not be found despite many attempts by the machine. Now it won't even let me restart the game. There is also a check switch 58 warning. What to do?

#58 is tower exit. Sounds like the ball is sticking in there. You'll have to figure out where the ball is stuck inside the tower.

#6795 3 years ago
Quoted from smallstocks:

Quoted from LTG:

#58 is tower exit. Sounds like the ball is sticking in there. You'll have to figure out where the ball is stuck inside the tower.

I’ve had this issue, ball was getting stuck on a lip inside the Damsel castle. I had to file it back and haven’t had an issue since. I may have detailed it in this thread somewhere back several years.

#6796 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

[quoted image]

Quoted from Oaken:

Ugh. Not good. Will check mine tonight/tomorrow and report

Mine is not chipping like that as of yet.

#6797 3 years ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I would agree that it’s a part of the skill, if my shots were missing the Merlin entrance. But when my shots are spot on, and the ball skips over the saucer hole, is frustrating. That’s not a lack of skill. Was thinking someone may have had the same issue and an adjustment fix. Thanks tho!!

happens to me regularly, frustrating!

#6798 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Funny thing is, you know who can hit that shot consistently? My 5 yr old. It’s comical really. She taps it in on the fly constantly. You ask her what she was aiming for and she says “the castle of course!”

She thinks Merlin is the villain because he keeps giving her trolls and blocking her castle shots.

#6799 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Sounds like there is a definite variant in games out there. My Merlin hits and stays about 85% of the time. It is when the ball really hits the Merlin hole hard is when it does not stick. Otherwise it stays. I have a cliffy protector. Have never played the game without the cliffy so not sure if the cliffy helps or not.

The curved metal entrance could have something to do with it as well.

If you have an iPhone or a way of taking slow motion video I would set up the video and watch how the ball reacts as it enters. That may give you a clue as to why it is missing su much.

I have used slow motion video to diagnose problems in the past and it really helps to determine why a ball is doing what it is doing.

Had a problem on my #hs kickback and use the slow motion and was able to determine why the ball was jumping by watching the video. It was the switch slot that was catching the ball and sending it into the air.

#6800 3 years ago

I just got my missing plastic piece from Westsiderkg and it looks fantastic !!! Way to go Westsiderkg!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 26.50
$ 85.00
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.