Topic Stats

• 6,645 posts - Hot topic!
  • 563 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 minutes ago by RCA1
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,005 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2473 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3547 (resized).jpg
CBE257C3-8911-4563-83F1-32B716E2539C (resized).jpeg
EFD62758-49EF-4E7D-B6CE-65602DE1320F (resized).jpeg
516AFF4E-ACA9-4B19-BA29-4E33057BB992 (resized).jpeg
64A947ED-3D4C-452B-9ED2-24F5E33A502A (resized).jpeg
6F97B23D-73C7-48FF-8CFE-11BD665E3C2B (resized).jpeg
0E9AFCAE-9DCE-4385-8245-980BEADBA9BD (resized).jpeg
070620 Mantis Merlin Protector right screw (resized).JPG
070620 Mantis Merlin Protector left screw (resized).JPG
070620 Mantis Eject Protector  (resized).JPG
After (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6645 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 133.
#6501 12 days ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

These are awesome, but I am unable to find how to install the custom logo. I looked through the manual to no avail.

Page 1-12 in the Monster Bash R manual. Which you can download here - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

LTG : )

#6502 12 days ago
Quoted from evh347:

For those interested...they’ve finally been added to the Pinside machine list.
[quoted image]

So if I install a rgb kit and xl display do I then own a SE or do we need yet another category?

#6503 12 days ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

These are awesome, but I am unable to find how to install the custom logo. I looked through the manual to no avail.

Use the Monster Bash manual.

#6504 12 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page 1-12 in the Monster Bash R manual. Which you can download here - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

Thank you sir

#6505 12 days ago

What's up with all the First run MMR's being listed for $9K plus? LMAO. Kind of funny...

#6506 12 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

What's up with all the First run MMR's being listed for $9K plus? LMAO. Kind of funny...

Agree. There are plenty of MM's out there, both MM and MMR... back just a year ago you could get an MMr for around $7K-ish and MMr LE's for mid $7K.

If you have any question on the market, just look at the prices off AFMr and MBr and where they settled.

But you can't blame people for trying to sell while the market is hot/fresh with all the hype of the Royale and big screen coming out.

#6507 11 days ago

Just wanted to make one nice comment on the play field of my new MMRE.

It's FANTASTIC not sure what CGC did over MBr but not one dimple so far on this baby @ 100 plays. Could it be the time the games were sitting to allow the clear to cure better?

#6508 11 days ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Agree. There are plenty of MM's out there, both MM and MMR... back just a year ago you could get an MMr for around $7K-ish and MMr LE's for mid $7K.
If you have any question on the market, just look at the prices off AFMr and MBr and where they settled.
But you can't blame people for trying to sell while the market is hot/fresh with all the hype of the Royale and big screen coming out.

Really?....I've never seen a nice HUO MMRLE for mid 7's....all the ones I've seen are $8K+ with the color chip ... many have sold for $8500+ that are really nice with mods and low plays

#6509 11 days ago

I've received my MM Royal, and have been wondering if any MM owners have had wear issues with the bare wood in front of the ball lock? If so, what did you do to protect it? Mylar, at least? I've noticed Cliffy's doesn't offer a protector for it in his kit, so maybe it's a non-issue. Thanks!

MM Royal Ramp (resized).jpg
#6510 11 days ago
Quoted from seah2os:

I've received my MM Royal, and have been wondering if any MM owners have had wear issues with the bare wood in front of the ball lock? If so, what did you do to protect it? Mylar, at least? I've noticed Cliffy's doesn't offer a protector for it in his kit, so maybe it's a non-issue. Thanks!
[quoted image]

The protector is made by mantis. Little house of games has a mantis kit for 45. A little cheaper then the mantis web site

#6511 11 days ago
Screenshot_20200630-111623_Chrome (resized).jpg
#6512 11 days ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

The protector is made by mantis. Little house of games has a mantis kit for 45. A little cheaper then the mantis web site

I just purchased the laser etched piece separately....I installed Cliffy protectors on the other areas....the laser piece looks awesome in the game and is a one minute install

#6513 11 days ago
Quoted from seah2os:

[quoted image]

I had a bit of wear forming on mine. I have the mantis installed on mine.

NOTE: if you email mantis, you can order the protectors you want separately. You don’t have to buy the kit. I could not get the mantis in the Merlin hole without it inhibiting the ball eject, so I removed it.
8A12C0F7-2B8A-4155-9E3E-F47A6F23C428 (resized).jpeg

#6514 11 days ago
Quoted from seah2os:

[quoted image]

I have had my MMrSE since February and have almost 400 plays on it. I have had a little wear on the small piece of wood where the screw is, but not noticed any other wear. I too have thought of the laser etched mod, but figure that won't protect the area I have wear anyway. I like the look of the protector, but with all the Cliffy's I already have in place, there is already a lot more metal contact with the ball. If the wood does wear, maybe I'll think about it more then.
Edit...I see in Greg's picture that the protector does cover the wood area...hmmm, maybe need to think about it again.

#6515 11 days ago

Re: Mantis castle moat jump cobblestone being mentioned: Do not drill a hole to install it, the hole is there but not needed. Mantis should re-issue it without the hole maybe.

#6516 11 days ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Re: Mantis castle moat jump cobblestone being mentioned: Do not drill a hole to install it, the hole is there but not needed. Mantis should re-issue it without the hole maybe.

Totally agree...

#6517 11 days ago

Hi, was wondering if this is normal for the drawbridge to hang open a little like this when it’s upright. It functions 100% but when it draws up it doesn’t go all the way vertical and hangs open just a bit. Any advice or info is appreciated.

4816E0D4-5D83-4828-928D-D52C36B2D877 (resized).jpeg
#6518 11 days ago

100% normal

#6519 11 days ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Hi, was wondering if this is normal for the drawbridge to hang open a little like this when it’s upright. It functions 100% but when it draws up it doesn’t go all the way vertical and hangs open just a bit. Any advice or info is appreciated.
[quoted image]

as mentioned above totally normal once you hit it will close up

#6520 11 days ago

is there a video of someone installing the cliffy protectors on this? I cant seem to find.

#6521 11 days ago
Quoted from bent98:

is there a video of someone installing the cliffy protectors on this? I cant seem to find.

I cant find any, so I'm going to make some this week as I have a new set I'm about to install. Here is the first one.

#6522 11 days ago

Left outlane cliffy installation.

#6523 11 days ago

Right outlane cliffy installation.

#6524 10 days ago

Moat front edge cliffy protector installation. Most difficult so far but still pretty easy.

#6525 10 days ago

Cliffys just slide/clip on?

Is there an adhesive on the bottom side?

#6526 10 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

.the laser piece looks awesome in the game and is a one minute install

I had this installed on my old MM, didn't remember it was only 1 minute....now that's a BONUS!

#6527 10 days ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I had this installed on my old MM, didn't remember it was only 1 minute....now that's a BONUS!

well I guess if u include taking off the glass its a little longer

#6528 10 days ago
Quoted from antbanks:

[quoted image]

I’ve heard it’s normal, but mine goes straight up and is flush with the castle when retracted. So I imagine it’s possible to tweak it to do the same on yours.

#6529 10 days ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

Cliffys just slide/clip on?
Is there an adhesive on the bottom side?

In general, Cliffys use what already exists, mounting holes/screws, press on edge protectors, press fit no adhesive. Mantis protectors, most of them require drilling new mounting holes. Different design approaches it seems, between the two.

That said, I installed the Mantis cobblestone castle without drilling and used a two sided adhesive poster tab underneath instead.

#6530 10 days ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

In general, Cliffys use what already exists, mounting holes/screws, press on edge protectors, press fit no adhesive. Mantis protectors, most of them require drilling new mounting holes. Different design approaches it seems, between the two.

You actually need a combo of the two if you want the best protection - some are easy and others a PITA to install

#6531 10 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Really?....I've never seen a nice HUO MMRLE for mid 7's....all the ones I've seen are $8K+ with the color chip ... many have sold for $8500+ that are really nice with mods and low plays

You can (will be able to get) a MMr Special edition W/Big screen (XL Display) and color changing LED's for $8999. That's a huge upgrade over the old batch MMr's. It is what it is. I certainly wouldn't pay $8500-9K for an old one now and I don't think most would.

#6532 10 days ago

just need instructions for merlin and Moat Jump & Subway Ramp Protector

#6533 10 days ago

Does anyone know where I can order the Troll mod with the LED eyes?
I had these on my original MM and recall liking the mod but can’t remember who sold these.

#6534 10 days ago
Quoted from JMK:

Does anyone know where I can order the Troll mod with the LED eyes?
I had these on my original MM and recall liking the mod but can’t remember who sold these.

http://www.pinwize.com/medieval_madness_troll_mod.php

#6535 10 days ago

I am wondering if I should istall Cliffs merlin and castle protector or get mantis?

https://mantispinball.com/product/medieval-madness-protector-set/

#6536 10 days ago
Quoted from bent98:

I am wondering if I should istall Cliffs merlin and castle protector or get mantis?

Cliffys all around with the Mantis jump and you'll be golden IMO.

#6537 10 days ago
Quoted from bent98:

I know it's a PITA to find older posts in threads, maybe the search mechanism of buzz words like Mantis or Cliffy would work, but there is a wealth of knowledge in old posts to this thread covering protectors for MM/MMR in great depth.

That said, I do not believe that Cliffy has a Merlin protector, it is made by Pinbits I think. I installed all available Pinbits, Cliffys and Mantis protectors on my MMR. Here's the list:

1) Pinbits:
a. Plastic protector set
b. Merlin protector, the one that sits on top of the hole
2) Mantis
a. Installed the full set of protectors (4)
3) Cliffy
a. Catapult (used to be hard to find)
b. Drawbridge Edge
c. (2) Rollover Switch Protectors
d. Moat Jump
e. Drain Hole
f. Shooter Lane

Personally, I installed the combo of Pinbits and Mantis to the Merlin hole. I also installed the combo of Cliffy Moat Jump and the Mantis jump protector to the castle hole. I feel like this is the way to go. The Moat Jump Cliffy has a feature that not only protects the back wall (wood) of the castle hole but the ball rolls off the ramp feature of the protector to protect the plastic moat from a falling ball. A good design approach by Cliff. All details are in older posts here probably 2.5 years ago for my install posts, that's when it was fresh for me to write about.

#6538 10 days ago

bent98: Thanks for info on the troll mod.
Can anyone offer some input on the troll eye mod from Pinwize?
Do you need to send your trolls to them and then they customize or does Pinwize offer the entire kit including the Troll heads with led eyes installed?
For those that have this mod, any suggestions on the best led eye choice~ ie: green, red or amber?
Thanks!

#6539 10 days ago

My moat switch isn’t always registering after hitting the drawbridge or making a ball lock at times.
Also, the damsel lock isn’t locking the ball.
Either the switch is triggering too early, or once it sits in the lock, it immediately lets it go, almost like it dropped down the tower right into the pops.
Any advice?
Thanks!

234E04F9-4BBC-49AB-B6CC-F268027CD0E7 (resized).jpeg

#6540 10 days ago

I tried a search, but there's so much on MMR and this subject I couldn't get the answer-

Do we know what's involved with doing the RBG light update to on older MMr Standard (2015) remake? Is it just a board and a few things or is it a long and involved upgrade that's a pain in the ass?

I'd say asking for a friend but I'm not, it's for me.

#6541 10 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Do we know what's involved with doing the RBG light update to on older MMr Standard (2015) remake? Is it just a board and a few things or is it a long and involved upgrade that's a pain in the ass?

I haven't done it yet. I assume more towards a half pain. Swapping out the LEDs.

#6542 10 days ago

Shooter lane cliffy installation.

#6543 9 days ago

Catapult Cliffy Installation

So far this one is the hardest to install, but it took 20 minutes and I didn't feel like I was at risk of breaking anything. Still pretty easy. Only ones left are the behind the castle one and the Merlin Saucer.

#6544 9 days ago

Just saw that Pinwize is closing their business and Pinball Decals Inc. are out of stock.
Can anyone suggest another seller of the Troll mod with the led eyes for the MMR?
Thanks!

#6545 9 days ago

I see a couple royals selling for 13k on the marketplace.

Just curious as to why people are paying such a high price.

#6546 9 days ago

Quoted from Rockytop:I see a couple royals selling for 13k on the marketplace.

They are asking for that not paying that price. As for me if someone wants my MMrLE I am going to ask for a....

A Jillion Dollars.

#6547 9 days ago

Does anyone in Europe got a Royal yet?

#6548 9 days ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I see a couple royals selling for 13k on the marketplace.

Market Pumpers, without a doubt. Plenty of MM's out there, and while the MMr Royale is cool, it's not like you can't get everything to make one from a MMr standard or special edition!

#6549 9 days ago

For those interested in the MMr Royale topper only, is this a limited run / limited numbers topper or will they be making as many as people can buy?

90019195_3145278875506866_7699849795824779264_o (resized).jpg
#6550 9 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

For those interested in the MMr Royale topper only, is this a limited run / limited numbers topper or will they be making as many as people can buy?
[quoted image]

At $600....as many as people will buy would be my guess

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 6645 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 133.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside