c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 205.
#6451 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Does anyone know of anywhere in the US that sells the double headed dragon that replaces the right ramp dragon? I want the PinWize one, but I have so many damned packages from international sellers caught in slowboat shipping container limbo right now that I dare not add another to the issue.

Found 1 on ebay. There are a few other colors
They are made by papo

#6452 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Does anyone know of anywhere in the US that sells the double headed dragon

Ebay has some that might work. Search double headed dragon in toys and hobbies - USA only.

LTG : )

#6453 3 years ago

I’m assuming cliffys for MM original are the same as the remake?

#6454 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes.

#6455 3 years ago

# 207 has arrived. Now to get it set up

B714A13F-52E3-4F09-9619-5EBB1F63B0EB_1_105_c (resized).jpegB714A13F-52E3-4F09-9619-5EBB1F63B0EB_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#6456 3 years ago

#302 just arrived here in Southern California. Anyone else find the shaker to be extremely strong? Even on Light setting it darn near shakes the room. Haven't run across this one any of my other games.

20200624_170208 (resized).jpg20200624_170208 (resized).jpg
#6457 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike13l:

Even on Light setting it darn near shakes the room.

Under the plastic cover over the shaker motor. Is a motor with a counter weight on each end. You could loosen them and line them up a little better to reduce the off set shake.

#6458 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Under the plastic cover over the shaker motor. Is a motor with a counter weight on each end. You could loosen them and line them up a little better to reduce the off set shake.

I need to try this trick on my Spiderman VE. The shaker on that thing is nuts...

#6459 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks!! Will get this done today before I shake everything off the playfield.

#6460 3 years ago

Installed the topper last night. I think the MBR topper has a better lightshow.

It looks great though...maybe they'll do a code update for the lights.

21152083-AD00-45B4-9422-CC9DB3039449 (resized).jpeg21152083-AD00-45B4-9422-CC9DB3039449 (resized).jpeg
#6461 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Installed the topper last night. I think the MBR topper has a better lightshow.
It looks great though...maybe they'll do a code update for the lights. [quoted image]

I agree i thought exactly the same thing - OK CGC we need an UPDATE-

#6462 3 years ago

Forgot to post this when I opened my RE two weeks ago. No nuts on the coin door! All four bolts in their holes and the strap was holding the door in place. Cut the strap and the top bolts fell on the floor. Opened the door and the entire assembly about fell out. First time that's ever happened to me! Borrowed one from three different games and got the game up and running.

IMG_2044 (resized).JPEGIMG_2044 (resized).JPEG
#6463 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Forgot to post this when I opened my RE two weeks ago. No nuts on the coin door! All four bolts in their holes and the strap was holding the door in place. Cut the strap and the top bolts fell on the floor. Opened the door and the entire assembly about fell out. First time that's ever happened to me! Borrowed one from three different games and got the game up and running.
[quoted image]

Did you check the back of the cabinet and the speaker magnet for the nuts. I had 1 at the back(way back) and the others were loose.

#6464 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

# 207 has arrived. Now to get it set up
[quoted image]

nice M4 dood!

#6465 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Got the shaker issue taken care of. I loosened the set screws and removed the weights, thinking that I could offset them since they were already in line. There was only a single indent on the post for the set screws, so there was no changing the orientation of the the two weights. I checked this against my MBR and it was similar. Put it all back together and suddenly the shaker has calmed and feels much better. Perhaps things were just loose or slightly offset somehow.

On another note, my kid hit it up the damsel ramp and the ball stuck in the castle (in the bottom door) Had to remove the glass and start my research. Turns out the castle was just slightly low. Had to remove the small upper plastic protector to get to the screw in the top of the castle. Unscrewed that and slid a washer just under the plastic castle piece. This raised the castle just enough that the ball no longer got stuck coming out the door.

I am feeling good today..... =)

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

[quoted image]

All but one of mine had come loose during shipping as well, one was hiding inside the apron, others were at the back of the machine. Take a look around inside.

#6467 3 years ago

My MMR Royal just arrived. The update situation looks pretty gnarly and apparently risky. Should I update? Is it shipping with old code?

#6468 3 years ago

Updating is simple. Instructions are on CGC website. No problems with mine.

#6469 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Did you check the back of the cabinet and the speaker magnet for the nuts. I had 1 at the back(way back) and the others were loose.

Quoted from hoopybox:

All but one of mine had come loose during shipping as well, one was hiding inside the apron, others were at the back of the machine. Take a look around inside.

Good call. I found three of the nuts in the cabinet. Thanks!

#6470 3 years ago

Thanks - It’s the wife’s, but she does let me drive it sometimes

#6471 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Good call. I found three of the nuts in the cabinet. Thanks!

The fourth is there somewhere. It’ll pop up eventually!!

#6472 3 years ago

So I am having a problem with my mmr standard edition. It will play fine for a day or two. Then a couple of days later i will get the play field has lost communication error and it will have blown the high voltage fuse that controls all of the coils. I can replace the fuse and reseat the cat 5 cable and it will boot up and play for a few days. Then it repeats. The shooter coil mount has been covered in electrical tape and the coil lugs have been covered with heat shrink so i dont think it's there. Looking around the bottom of the playfield I didn't see any thing that was rubbing or arcing on anything. Should I try replacing the ppu board? Anything else I need to check. I did reach out to cgc and they didnt know what the issue is.

#6473 3 years ago

Guys, does the upgrade kits has started to be shipped?

#6474 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

So I am having a problem with my mmr standard edition. It will play fine for a day or two. Then a couple of days later i will get the play field has lost communication error and it will have blown the high voltage fuse that controls all of the coils. I can replace the fuse and reseat the cat 5 cable and it will boot up and play for a few days. Then it repeats. The shooter coil mount has been covered in electrical tape and the coil lugs have been covered with heat shrink so i dont think it's there. Looking around the bottom of the playfield I didn't see any thing that was rubbing or arcing on anything. Should I try replacing the ppu board? Anything else I need to check. I did reach out to cgc and they didnt know what the issue is.

Sounds like the exact problem I had with my MMr. Tried the usual things, as you have. Ultimately, CGC sent me the playfield PCB (including solenoid driver boards). I replaced it and that solved the problem. It’s worked perfectly ever since.

A9ECB66E-A919-420A-993A-CDA6B5BDECEF (resized).jpegA9ECB66E-A919-420A-993A-CDA6B5BDECEF (resized).jpeg
#6475 3 years ago

Man I hope that's not it. Of course it's way out of warranty.

#6476 3 years ago

3 for 3 with CGC! I did have the reset time and date issue. Removed the residue from the battery and all is well. Amazing looking game. The Black Diamond powder coat is just off the charts!!!

IMG_2675 (resized).JPGIMG_2675 (resized).JPG
IMG_2677 (resized).JPGIMG_2677 (resized).JPG
IMG_2682 (resized).JPGIMG_2682 (resized).JPG
IMG_2592 (resized).JPGIMG_2592 (resized).JPG
IMG_2517 (resized).JPGIMG_2517 (resized).JPG
IMG_2525 (resized).JPGIMG_2525 (resized).JPG
IMG_2572 (resized).JPGIMG_2572 (resized).JPG
IMG_2582 (resized).JPGIMG_2582 (resized).JPG
IMG_2599 (resized).JPGIMG_2599 (resized).JPG
IMG_2508 (resized).JPGIMG_2508 (resized).JPG

#6477 3 years ago

Where did you get a RE blanket??

#6478 3 years ago

and that is pretty sweet having all 3 lined up side by side

well done

#6479 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Yes and the MB - great line up - we are all going to want some of those blankets though sweeeeeet

#6480 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Quoted from zpinman370:

we are all going to want some of those blankets though sweeeeeet

So I started making my own blankets for all my games. We had a cat with claws that would jump up on my games. PDI glass and cats with claws does not work. There are many websites where you can create your own design, upload images, use special effects, etc. Mine are towels but blankets work too.
IMG_1768 (resized).JPGIMG_1768 (resized).JPG
IMG_2160 (resized).JPGIMG_2160 (resized).JPG
IMG_2194 (resized).JPGIMG_2194 (resized).JPG

#6481 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

So I started making my own blankets for all my games. We had a cat with claws that would jump up on my games. PDI glass and cats with claws does not work. There are many websites where you can create your own design, upload images, use special effects, etc. Mine are towels but blankets work too.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Super cool- looks like the towels are just the right size- can you post some info on the web site and towel size

#6482 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

can you post some info on the web site and towel size

https://www.personalizationmall.com/

I've used this site with good results.

#6483 3 years ago

Could not take delivery of my MMRE so I just listed some sweet sweet mods for someone to grab! Thanks for looking.

#6484 3 years ago

Where are the topper install instructions? I tried to hook it up but right half is dark.

Very disappointed to open the game with shitty flippers impossible to adjust — some defective part makes them impossible to align. Doing a full rebuild. Sigh.

#6485 3 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Where are the topper install instructions? I tried to hook it up but right half is dark.

There aren't any.

This picture will help you with what connector/wire colors go where.

MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpgMMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
#6486 3 years ago

Thanks!

Aaaand no tilt bob or hanger with my game. Ugh.

#6487 3 years ago

Bringing 295 home. Been almost eight months since I put down a deposit.

#6488 3 years ago

Aaaand no tilt bob or hanger with my game. Ugh.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ Please open a ticket under Support on the Help Desk if they aren't in the cashbox, to get them.

#6489 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Exception to that is no ramp protectors are needed in MMR, as they are factory installed, but needed in MM.

#6490 3 years ago

Love the RE pics, it's a fantastic game, I have MMR Standard built in the Stern factory from a few years ago, no issues at all with it except too sharp side rails (used a Bright Boy on it to dull the edges) and a Troll head broke at the screw hole as the head design is faulty, not much plastic margin to the bottom screw hole in the head. Replacing a Troll head can be a bear.

Only real issue I have with the earlier models is the sound is weak. I guess from reading here that the CGC upgrade to the larger DMD has a speaker upgrade in it, but it could have been better out of the factory without needing an upgrade cost.

#6491 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Exception to that is no ramp protectors are needed in MMR, but required in MM.

Thanks KozMckPinball !!

#6492 3 years ago

I’ve got my mirrored backglass from CPR And invisiglas ready to go...when I open my Royal...probably in 2025 when my other projects are completed.

#6493 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Only real issue I have with the earlier models is the sound is weak. I guess from reading here that the CGC upgrade to the larger DMD has a speaker upgrade in it, but it could have been better out of the factory without needing an upgrade cost.

I was surprised by how weak the sound was on my standard as well. Pinwoofer was the best bang for the buck addition to this machine in my opinion. Best part is I had it in my hands less than 2 days after I ordered it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-amplified-subwoofer-kits-by-pinwoofer#ctop

#6494 3 years ago

This troll came unattached in some way but it seems to be a defect, not missing hardware. I can open a ticket, but just checking: Is the loose spot weld(?) just below the fang in the pic the only thing holding the troll and switch in place?

359167F3-9229-4C55-B87A-291BD21ED81E (resized).jpeg359167F3-9229-4C55-B87A-291BD21ED81E (resized).jpeg
#6495 3 years ago

Hey guys- have any of you installed the Lermods trough light? I tapped into the left sling GI and it made that side do different things than the right side(they used to react the same) i took it back out and issue went away. Just wondering if any other spot to tie into- I really like the trough light and under cab light which I also have on my MBle and it works fine there

#6496 3 years ago

This troll came unattached in some way but it seems to be a defect, not missing hardware. I can open a ticket, but just checking: Is the loose spot weld(?) just below the fang in the pic the only thing holding the troll and switch in place?
[quoted image]

Looks like adhesive? Not welded? You can try museum adhesive. Strong stuff.

#6497 3 years ago

Weld broke. Unless you weld or braze it, nothing else will hold.

Open a ticket please - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ under support on the help desk. It may go to me, I'll alert it to CGC.

Until you get it fixed, you can disable the troll in Adjustments - Feature - A.2 34 left troll 35 right troll. Page 1-42 in the manual.

#6498 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

What’s the secret to getting the SE and Royal editions added to the machine list so we can add to our ‘collections’?
I’ve PM’d Robin twice and no response.

For those interested...they’ve finally been added to the Pinside machine list.

EEB1A407-6685-4604-87EC-DFD39B889371 (resized).pngEEB1A407-6685-4604-87EC-DFD39B889371 (resized).png
#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

For sure, here is the link to the BMP files nearly ready to go, just add your number. I created two versions. The font used for the lower case and numbers is Honda ITC, a very similar font to the playfield font, you'll have to find that and install it if you don't have it.
Link to images:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoayyHfYK0h0hJ1VtfHwNGOpOCRROg?e=ihavsp
Preview images here...
[quoted image][quoted image]

These are awesome, but I am unable to find how to install the custom logo. I looked through the manual to no avail.

#6500 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Mine broke like that. Had to pull it out and weld it back up

AB17049F-96BE-4CC2-86AB-948671F2D20C (resized).jpegAB17049F-96BE-4CC2-86AB-948671F2D20C (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/130?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.