IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 204.
#601 7 years ago

Think I resolved it! After learning the switch next to the troll is only for registering hits I moved on to the driver 3 board left of the troll. The blue wire is the wire responsible for holding the troll up. After many unplugs and replugs not helping I examined the pins on the board and voila the blue wire pin was bent. I put needle nose pliers to it making it straight, replug and test. So far no issues both through troll solenoid test and in game play. Yay!

#602 7 years ago

What is standard behaviour for the right orbit switch below the pops? when the ball comes down through this switch sometimes it makes a sound effect and sometimes it doesn't. At first I thought the switch wasn't registering, but I checked it with the glass off and it seems to register every time, I just can't work out under what circumstances it makes the sound or not. Is it silent when the ball leaves the pops but makes a sound for a loop or failed partial loop?

#603 7 years ago

dont think i got an answer b4 so i will ask again,whats with the flasher dome thru the playfield under the apron for?

#604 7 years ago

If you mean the insert under the apron the standard answer is that it is a test insert to set the height during the PF production run.

Sounds feasible anyways right? I'm sworn to secrecy on the real answer however...

#605 7 years ago

WTF is up with PPS? First they have CGC making games for them and now they claim to just be a reseller of MMR. This is just BS. Standards shipping before all paid for LEs is also BS. Communication from CGC is shit. Just stupid at this point for those still waiting.

These screen grabs are from their blog. How can anyone look at this and not feel that PPS is a partner in the making of the games? I may just be irritated to the point of finding shit that isn't there but the brush off by PPS at this point is just boiling my blood.

Screen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.16.45_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.16.45_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.13.56_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.13.56_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.13.35_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-11_at_8.13.35_AM_(resized).png

#606 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

WTF is up with PPS? First they have CGC making games for them and now they claim to just be a reseller of MMR. This is just BS. Standards shipping before all paid for LEs is also BS. Communication from CGC is shit. Just stupid at this point for those still waiting.
These screen grabs are from their blog. How can anyone look at this and not feel that PPS is a partner in the making of the games? I may just be irritated to the point of finding shit that isn't there but the brush off by PPS at this point is just boiling my blood.

Unfortunately, this is a business operated by complete buffoons.

#607 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It's just a pinball machine. Try to chill if you can. Its going to be ok.

Marc

#608 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Marc

For those of us that paid $8000+ a year or more ago and have been repeatedly lied to about shipping estimates, code updates, inserts, etc. it isn't just a pinball machine. If we had a pinball machine to show for our money, multiple emails, phone calls, etc. it would be a lot easier to chill and play pinball.

#609 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Marc

With CGC and PPS at the helm, there is nothing which would indicate to me that all will be OK.

#610 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

For those of us that paid $8000+ a year or more ago and have been repeatedly lied to about shipping estimates, code updates, inserts, etc. it isn't just a pinball machine. If we had a pinball machine to show for our money, multiple emails, phone calls, etc. it would be a lot easier to chill and play pinball.

I completely understand the frustration. I wish y'all had your games.

Marc

#611 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#612 7 years ago

I spoke to Rick for about an hour today. Still frustrated, but he allayed my concerns in regards to them distancing themselves from the manufacturing end of the project.

I do hope CGC can get their shit together.

#613 7 years ago

Ill never pre-order a machine again. That nightmare is a lesson

#614 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

These screen grabs are from their blog.

You should have known something was fishy when PPS claimed Chicago Gaming in fact manufactured the original 1997 Medieval Madness game!

#615 7 years ago

I noticed at least one distributor now has standards in stock for sale. CGC probably figures why build LEs for suckers like me that already paid when they can bring in new money making standards:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/34531

#616 7 years ago

I didn't pre-order a MMR LE, I just waited for the supply to show up and grabbed one out of a distributors stock.

#617 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I didn't pre-order a MMR LE, I just waited for the supply to show up and grabbed one out of a distributors stock.

Smarter than what I did.

#618 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I noticed at least one distributor now has standards in stock for sale. CGC probably figures why build LEs for suckers like me that already paid when they can bring in new money making standards:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/34531

That's F'd up....and if you cancel, they're selling the LEs for $8500...so, they'll just make another $500 if you back out.

Sucks.

Love my LE, glad I've had it for a year...but until CGC does a full communications and production turnaround, I'm out on any future projects.

#619 7 years ago

Having trouble getting to video mode. I've adjusted the settings to spell fire 5 times instead of 8. How do I start the mode once the requirements have been met? I'm missing something

#620 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Having trouble getting to video mode. I've adjusted the settings to spell fire 5 times instead of 8. How do I start the mode once the requirements have been met? I'm missing something

Hit the Merlin scoop to start it

#621 7 years ago

Once you get 8 or 5 in your case you hit the Merlin hole and it will select it. Good luck!

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from Nveld:

Once you get 8 or 5 in your case you hit the Merlin hole and it will select it. Good luck!

ha, I should have guess that..off I go

Thx

#623 7 years ago

Protip: stay in middle area, only venture to sides to kill birds going after kids. Otherwise wait for them to come to you as much as you can. If one does get a kid, wait til it's just about offscreen before using smartbomb to maximize collateral kills.

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Protip: stay in middle area, only venture to sides to kill birds going after kids. Otherwise wait for them to come to you as much as you can. If one does get a kid, wait til it's just about offscreen before using smartbomb to maximize collateral kills.

You mean Troll Bomb right?

#625 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Do you get one automatically or do you need to collect one in trolls first?

#626 7 years ago

When I stack the peasant/damsel/joust's...and then start multiball, I sometimes get rewarded with Troll also but I'm not sure why I get that occasionally?

#627 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

When I stack the peasant/damsel/joust's...and then start multiball, I sometimes get rewarded with Troll also but I'm not sure why I get that occasionally?

If troll is lit at the Merlin hole when you start multiball madness it will launch trolls during multiball. If you complete 3 hits on each troll before you lose multiball it will restart multiball madness with troll added to the multiball. Always try to have troll lit when you enter multiball madness!

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Do you get one automatically or do you need to collect one in trolls first?

You get one automatically. Not related to troll bombs - you get one smart bomb to use per video mode.

#629 7 years ago

I didn't know that. That'll help.

#630 7 years ago

In regards to people who set the pitch using a digital level. WHERE do you place it on the playfield? I get conflicting pitch measurements after leveling it off at 0.0.

If I measure from the spot in the picture I have posted, it reads 6.5/6.6. The PinGuy app (which sits above the flippers) measures it at 7.0. The lower the placement, the higher the measurement.

If I use PinGuy to get me at 6.5 above the flippers, the middle playfield area will read 5.9/6.0.

I'm a bit OCD about getting things "right" and have always been confused as to why the placement of the level device seems to vary so much.

Am I doing something wrong?

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

In regards to people who set the pitch using a digital level. WHERE do you place it on the playfield? I get conflicting pitch measurements after leveling it off at 0.0.

Playfields are usually warped or bowed. You have to take several measurements and set the slope and level the game as best as you can. Every game is different.

#632 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Playfields are usually warped or bowed. You have to take several measurements and set the slope and level the game as best as you can. Every game is different.

So clearly it's more complex than I assumed.

And what is even stranger is if I trusted the bubble on the game (with all leg levelers at their lowest), I am at like 8 degrees. I'd have no other choice but to raise the fronts to match what the bubble perceives to be 6.5. Which seems sort of backwards.

#633 7 years ago

You can cut a block of wood about 6" long at a 6.5 degree angle. Place that on the playfield between the slingshots rubbing north to south and just put a normal torpedo level on it. Easier than anything else IMO.

#634 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You can cut a block of wood about 6" long at a 6.5 degree angle. Place that on the playfield between the slingshots rubbing north to south and just put a normal torpedo level on it. Easier than anything else IMO.

Wouldn't a more accurate overall measurement just come by using one of those long 24 inch levelers that cover more front to back area?

#635 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

So clearly it's more complex than I assumed.

It isn't hard. Just take a reading around the flippers and one higher up. Split the difference, or set it for 6.5 degrees between the slings and forget it. It is your personal preference, every game is different. As long as you can trust your level, don't pay any attention to the bubble level on the game. They are notoriously inaccurate.

A lot of times you'll get a playfield that is twisted and what is level at the slings will be off at the middle. Makes for weird rolls, but there isn't a lot that you can do other than adjust the best you can and live with it.

#636 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

If I measure from the spot in the picture I have posted, it reads 6.5/6.6. The PinGuy app (which sits above the flippers) measures it at 7.0. The lower the placement, the higher the measurement.
If I use PinGuy to get me at 6.5 above the flippers, the middle playfield area will read 5.9/6.0.
I'm a bit OCD about getting things "right" and have always been confused as to why the placement of the level device seems to vary so much.
Am I doing something wrong?

Every thing you wanted to know about leveling.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/

#637 7 years ago

Spent a couple of hours today changing the rubbers on mine for purple Titan silicons, took much longer than expected some are difficult to get to and it takes some disassembly. Still sort of unconvinced, I do like the purple, but I liked the original black also. Anyway I wanted to change them so I could keep the game cleaner and not have black rubber tracks appearing every week.

I ordered all the correct sizes EXCEPT for the outlane posts which have the rubber with the tiny hole.

For those should I order the 7/16 O.D. rubbers on the Titan website? they seem to be the closest has anyone used them? I would hate to make the outlanes more difficult than they are

#638 7 years ago

So I was looking through the MMr rom image and stumbled upon a samples directory which contains all the sounds in the game. I was listening to a few of them, and found one referring to a "Moat Monster Multiball". Is this an actual mode in the game? I've never seen it before. If it is, how does one start it?

#639 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Spent a couple of hours today changing the rubbers on mine for purple Titan silicons, took much longer than expected some are difficult to get to and it takes some disassembly. Still sort of unconvinced, I do like the purple, but I liked the original black also. Anyway I wanted to change them so I could keep the game cleaner and not have black rubber tracks appearing every week.
I ordered all the correct sizes EXCEPT for the outlane posts which have the rubber with the tiny hole.
For those should I order the 7/16 O.D. rubbers on the Titan website? they seem to be the closest has anyone used them? I would hate to make the outlanes more difficult than they are

I think the part that's the most convincing to me about Titan is that they last a very long time and do not shed rubber dust on the play field.

I'll take a look at my MMR later and tell you what I used on the outlanes.

Marc

#640 7 years ago

Just received mine on Friday. Worked great right out of the box!

#641 7 years ago

Here are the sound clips I was referring to.

#642 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

» YouTube video

Pretty cool. I hope it is a mode no one has found yet. And not just something scrapped and left in.

#643 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

» YouTube video

Interesting, Is it possible that a mode hasn't been found on this game after all these years? I wonder if this clip is specific the remake, maybe something that might be added later, possibly with the color upgrade or software update?

#644 7 years ago

I wonder if this clip is specific the remake, maybe something that might be added later, possibly with the color upgrade or software update?

My guess is no. They didn't rewrite the code for the game. I found the mm_10 game rom in a directory. I'm assuming they're emulating the rom, and replace the sound calls with the wav files I found in the samples directory.

#646 7 years ago

In reference to the sound clip above.......That is very cool, I'm not sure but it sounds like a different voice actor to the other game call outs? I doubt that it is an obtainable mode that no-one has found after this many years playing. I think it's more likely a game mode they recorded the voice for but decided to leave out of the final code.

Would be nice if someone could hack the code in the future to include this mode for MMr and the swear tracks. But I doubt we will be able to update with hacked code after we are forced to install our new security chips to get the color update.

#647 7 years ago

I listened to all of the King of Payne tracks, and I'm pretty sure it's the same guy. If it isn't, they got a pretty good voice actor to mimic him. It may be a relic of a mode that was never implemented.

I know a few on here are friends with Brian Eddy. Maybe they could ask him to shed some light on it.

#648 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

know a few on here are friends with Brian Eddy. Maybe they could ask him to shed some light on it.

Maybe Lyman Sheats can shed some light on it since he did the original programming. If he is going to Replay FX at the end of July, I will ask him.

#649 7 years ago

Has anybody ever made a full speaker panel decal 4 this game? if not hint hint modmakers

#650 7 years ago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.