3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 203.
#6401 3 years ago

I’d ask more. Would Be the Only 2 available currently.

Quoted from Oaken:

Haha. More power to ‘em.
I would gladly sell my unopened, (in transit), one for less than that.

#6402 3 years ago

I scanned the manual for the speaker and screen update - attached.

CGCScreenspeakerUpg.pdfCGCScreenspeakerUpg.pdf
#6403 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Page 1-11 and 1-12.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great to know- now does anybody have the data file to share like what was posted earlier that showed the serial #

#6404 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Haha. More power to ‘em.
I would gladly sell my unopened, (in transit), one for less than that.

Same here....

#6405 3 years ago

Just an idea for all the other royal owners out there. With the apron painted to match the trim & legs, I already started to notice a small line from the balls running down the outlanes. I have less than 50 plays on my Royal so it wasn’t too bad. I took a strip of electrical tape and ran it along where the ball trail would be. I’m sure others have thought of this but I like to keep my games looking good. Last thing I want is a shiny ball trail on my apron when I go to sell it.
I also used the electrical tape on the sides of my glass and eliminated all of the glass rattle from the shaker motor.
Cheers everyone. Enjoy! I beat the kingdom today for the first time! Super cool how is stops play and shows a little video!

#6406 3 years ago

Or you can use clear 3M mylar and cut it in strips to also allow some dampening properties. I've done this on all my chrome, powdercoated aprons. Protection is important!

#6407 3 years ago

Are their any electronic parts I should be buying for stock for the remake that anyone thinks will become unobtainium?
I see Planetary is selling a Beagle Bone Black CPU(not sure what model) on their site.
I plan on owning this game for the rest of my life and would hate to see it become a paper weight.

#6408 3 years ago

Ok, found out how to do this in the Monster Bash game manual.

#6409 3 years ago

one thing about the screen update.

The sound improvement against the original MMR is staggering, wasn't expecting that but glad to hear it!

#6410 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The sound improvement against the original MMR is staggering, wasn't expecting that but glad to hear it!

This is great to hear. Was hoping this would be the case!

#6411 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

What do you guys think of Mike Chestnut's gold MMr trimming?
[quoted image]
I like it. Game is Imeh's

Awesome. Show me the money

#6412 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I got a piece of the Stern HD glass with my game from P1 and installed right away same as my MBLE. Maybe not as nice as the PDI but not bad

Contact [email protected] for non glare optical glass. I compared it to the glass arriving with MMRRE and it was no comparison. The 3D illusion was amazing.

#6413 3 years ago

Mine is on the truck!

#6414 3 years ago

Just got my MMRRE yesterday game looks great. Only issue I’m having is the left flipper is intermittently weak when the ball is flying to words the flipper and I try to flip it. It become limp and or weak. If rolling down the inlane it’s perfectly fine. Only weak when the ball Is tracking towards the flipper and you attempt to flip on the fly. It’s weak and barely flips the ball. Thoughts? Game has 10 plays on it.

Added over 4 years ago:

Figured out the issue, it was the end of stroke switch. It was adjusted to close. Needed more space. I explain in detail below.

#6415 3 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Just got my MMRRE yesterday game looks great. Only issue I’m having is the left flipper is intermittently weak when the ball is flying to words the flipper and I try to flip it. It become limp and or weak. If rolling down the inlane it’s perfectly fine. Only weak when the ball Is tracking towards the flipper and you attempt to flip on the fly. It’s weak and barely flips the ball. Thoughts? Game has 10 plays on it.

Could be a bunch of things to check.

First, please try swapping the left and right flipper button opto boards. See if the problem moves. Could be as simple as a dirty connector or opto on the flipper button opto board.

LTG : )

#6416 3 years ago

I have to say as a previous owner of a nice condition original MM, the MM Royal feels like a MM 2.0.
This is is my first CGC game and it won’t be my last.

The Royal’s black speckled powder coated trim is beautifully done; and the display, topper and color changing RGB lighting are all amazing inclusions. This beautiful pf looks even sharper with PDI glass.

Just so impressed with how smooth and perfectly the game plays.
Merlin’s saucer works so much better than my original MM. Not sure what CGC did to improve the ball sticking but it’s a big difference.

I still love my original restored B/W games but I’m now truly looking forward to seeing future titles from CGC.

#6417 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I have to say as a previous owner of a nice condition original MM, the MM Royal feels like a MM 2.0.
This is is my first CGC game and it won’t be my last.
The Royal’s black speckled powder coated trim is beautifully done; and the display, topper and color changing RGB lighting are all amazing inclusions. This beautiful pf looks even sharper with PDI glass.
Just so impressed with how smooth and perfectly the game plays.
Merlin’s saucer works so much better than my original MM. Not sure what CGC did to improve the ball sticking but it’s a big difference.
I still love my original restored B/W games but I’m now truly looking forward to seeing future titles from CGC.

I’ve been noticing how much better the Merlin hole sticks than my mmrLe! So much more likely to stick.

#6418 3 years ago

@paynemic: It’s interesting you noticed that as I played a MMR LE when it first launched and many of the Merlin shots wouldn’t stick similar to my original MM.
Really curious if CGC have figured out a way to modify the Merlin saucer on these more recent releases.
Regardless, this game has stood the test of time and is a timeless classic.

#6419 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

paynemic: It’s interesting you noticed that as I played a MMR LE when it first launched and many of the Merlin shots wouldn’t stick similar to my original MM.
Really curious if CGC have figured out a way to modify the Merlin saucer on these more recent releases.

I'd be curious if it is an anomaly or if there is a true fix then implemented for the Royals. My latest run standard has the same issue as the original.

#6420 3 years ago

My Merlin shot hardly ever stick on my Royal. Maybe 1 in 10 at best. Flippers are barely strong enough to make it up the ramps so I can’t reduce the power any more. Seems like a pretty bad design. If anyone has ideas on how to make the ball stick that would be nice!

#6421 3 years ago

Meri-cah and pinfarmer: perhaps Lloyd has some further suggestions.
Wondering how it can be so different on my set-up.
My family were commenting on the improved difference with the saucer between the Royal and our original.
At both default power and -1 flipper settings, I find the ball sticks very well and there wasn’t much differences in strength.

I’ve heard of owners installing drop dead foam to offset this issue or were even lowering their Merlin saucers from underneath the pf.
I’ve never done either myself but perhaps other owners can chime in with solutions.

#6422 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

perhaps Lloyd has some further suggestions.

I don't have a royal to check.

I would try reinstalling the latest update.

#6423 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

paynemic: It’s interesting you noticed that as I played a MMR LE when it first launched and many of the Merlin shots wouldn’t stick similar to my original MM.

This issue must vary from game to game....My MMRLE sticks the merlin shot probably 90% of the time...

#6424 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Meri-cah and pinfarmer: perhaps Lloyd has some further suggestions.
Wondering how it can be so different on my set-up.
My family were commenting on the improved difference with the saucer between the Royal and our original.
At both default power and -1 flipper settings, I find the ball sticks very well and there wasn’t much differences in strength.
I’ve heard of owners installing drop dead foam to offset this issue or were even lowering their Merlin saucers from underneath the pf.
I’ve never done either myself but perhaps other owners can chime in with solutions.

My Merlin is very sticky as well. You have the odd one that blows thru but i would say at least 90% stick in the hole. I wonder what will happen once i put my Mantis protector in if anything??

#6425 3 years ago

@PtownPin: It certainly sounds like this does vary from game to game.
It drove me a bit crazy on my original MM, which is why we were so happy that the ball stuck so well on our Royal.
I’m just so impressed with the pin as a whole and how amazingly well it shoots.

#6426 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

That’s great Neil

Can you actually hear the castle bosses now. I’ve held onto this game hoping that one day they would add voice attenuation at some point.
I can’t wait to add these upgrades.

#6427 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

PtownPin: It certainly sounds like this does vary from game to game.
It drove me a bit crazy on my original MM, which is why we were so happy that the ball stuck so well on our Royal.
I’m just so impressed with the pin as a whole and how amazingly well it shoots.

Thats awesome....it might be flipper strength, play field angle, and the Merlin hole itself....mine has been really solid

#6428 3 years ago

Yeah I’m not sure if a mantis protector would help or not. Thinking of maybe tweaking the top side of the metal scoop. Maybe, possibly, it’s just a little bent because it literally shoves the ball out to the right every time. It’s like the feeling of earning an extra ball when it actually sticks.

LTG..... you think I should try and tweak the metal a little? Angle it to the left?

#6429 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

LTG..... you think I should try and tweak the metal a little? Angle it to the left?

Try a tiny bit, see if it helps.

#6430 3 years ago

Has anyone installed pinstaduims using the hover mounts. Not sure how the left side would attach since the cannon trail is there. I was thinking about adding a set but dont really want to run the magnet strip on my mirror blades.

#6431 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Has anyone installed pinstaduims using the hover mounts. Not sure how the left side would attach since the cannon trail is there. I was thinking about adding a set but dont really want to run the magnet strip on my mirror blades.

Yes, I’ve installed on my machine.

Here’s an idea: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/95#post-5047266

#6432 3 years ago

Thanks for that i will do some reading.

#6433 3 years ago

Can someone give me the exact height of the topper? The website size says nearly 8" I have almost 7 3/4" of clearance.

Thanks
Mike

#6434 3 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Can someone give me the exact height of the topper? The website size says nearly 8" I have almost 7 3/4" of clearance.
Thanks
Mike

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/110#post-5599680

#6435 3 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

That’s great Neil
Can you actually hear the castle bosses now. I’ve held onto this game hoping that one day they would add voice attenuation at some point.
I can’t wait to add these upgrades.

yes - crisp and clearly.

#6436 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Could be a bunch of things to check.
First, please try swapping the left and right flipper button opto boards. See if the problem moves. Could be as simple as a dirty connector or opto on the flipper button opto board.

So it ended up being the flipper EOS switch was gapped too close. The vid ration from the ball hitting the flipper in the down stroke cause the high voltage to drop out (thinking eos) was engaged. I made some space and it’s been perfect.

With that said, I too am suffering from my Merlin scoop shot never landing. Like 2/10 will actually stick. Others just plow through the hole. And my flippers were so strong I had to set them to -1. Might even go to -2.

#6437 3 years ago

Got a question...

I recently upgraded to the latest software (3.0) on my MMRLE and now when it is at the end of booting it beeps 1 tone at full volume and displays a test screen just before coming online.

Is this normal? It is a bit annoying, its SO DANG loud!!!

#6438 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Got a question...
I recently upgraded to the latest software (3.0) on my MMRLE and now when it is at the end of booting it beeps 1 tone at full volume and displays a test screen just before coming online.

I don;t have an MMr, but my MBr does the same thing. I believe it is normal, and yes, it is quite loud.

#6439 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Got a question...

My RE has done this since day 1, so I would imagine it is normal.

#6440 3 years ago

Just received my MMR Royal today. I would assume in the rush to get these out they forgot to add a key to the coin door and a manual follow the instructions of how to hook up the topper to the boards. Flippers also seem a bit weak.

#6441 3 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

how to hook up the topper to the boards.

Not available.

This picture will help.

MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpgMMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
#6442 3 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Flippers also seem a bit weak.

Try making them stronger in the CGC menu -

#6443 3 years ago

Thanks for your help !

#6444 3 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Just received my MMR Royal today. I would assume in the rush to get these out they forgot to add a key to the coin door and a manual follow the instructions of how to hook up the topper to the boards. Flippers also seem a bit weak.

My key was in the bag with the manual.

#6445 3 years ago

They failed to send the manual.

#6446 3 years ago

Fortunately my AFM r shares the same key!

#6447 3 years ago

trough runs are on paint.

4539138F-40E9-4356-BDA6-407D16B85EB3 (resized).jpeg4539138F-40E9-4356-BDA6-407D16B85EB3 (resized).jpegAE8876DF-1127-4F29-86FA-CE0015026F5B (resized).jpegAE8876DF-1127-4F29-86FA-CE0015026F5B (resized).jpeg

#6448 3 years ago

I just want to say congrats to all the MMr Royal Edition owners! Just an amazing looking pin and now the best version of the best Pinball Machine ever made (Ranked #1 so it has to be!). .

I have been hit hard financially by the COVID-19 thing, but I have no hate for those that haven't. Not trying to be a Debbie downer... pinball will always make me happy and the machines we have left are lifesavers when it comes to family time and having fun since we aren't going out that much.

Take good care of them, when someone needs space in a few years I'll be the first in line to buy!

#6449 3 years ago

My royal showed up yesterday. I've been installing protectors. I still need to put the topper on.

I wanted to install this protector from Cliffy. Does anyone know the easiest path to do that?

A8C322A3-43D6-42A0-ABDE-6C6414DF5ABB (resized).jpegA8C322A3-43D6-42A0-ABDE-6C6414DF5ABB (resized).jpegE98437FC-E4AA-4397-88F0-9FB78E98DA64 (resized).jpegE98437FC-E4AA-4397-88F0-9FB78E98DA64 (resized).jpeg

#6450 3 years ago

Does anyone know of anywhere in the US that sells the double headed dragon that replaces the right ramp dragon? I want the PinWize one, but I have so many damned packages from international sellers caught in slowboat shipping container limbo right now that I dare not add another to the issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 26.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 29.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
20,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/129?hl=zpinman370 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.