3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 203.
#6351 3 years ago

Royal #4183 in the house...CGC have knocked this out of the park.
Definitely worth the wait. Just an amazing game and a stunning package.

2246888B-29A7-46EE-9F80-BA435AB137DC (resized).jpeg2246888B-29A7-46EE-9F80-BA435AB137DC (resized).jpeg7A482C74-4683-4A59-ADFD-5457EBABA0BD (resized).jpeg7A482C74-4683-4A59-ADFD-5457EBABA0BD (resized).jpegD92A515C-C048-4F0C-A524-70F3E2D39AAC (resized).jpegD92A515C-C048-4F0C-A524-70F3E2D39AAC (resized).jpegEB742C2A-218C-4AB3-B9B5-6BD0B8266A63 (resized).jpegEB742C2A-218C-4AB3-B9B5-6BD0B8266A63 (resized).jpeg
#6352 3 years ago

I found that the RGB GI was too dark for me. Regular 8' ceiling(white) reflects the topper too much and all I can see in the middle of the game is the reflection of the brightly lit ceiling. Had to switch the GI to cool white but even that barely gets through the ceiling reflection. Maybe a low reflection fancy glass would help... I may swap the one from my JPLE just to see if it's worth getting one.

#6353 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

... I may swap the one from my JPLE just to see if it's worth getting one.

If you do, please post before and after pics if possible.

Thanks!

#6354 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

If you do, please post before and after pics if possible.
Thanks!

Challenge accepted. Back in a few with some pics!

#6355 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Awesome! Been thinking about ordering some. Looking forward to your report.

#6356 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

WOW!

Pics don't do it justice. Glass is now swapped until I can buy a sheet (a bit more complicated in Canada).

I took the pics under the worst conditions. Room lights off, playfield lights off, all topper lights on white. Picture looks a little weird it's on wide angle (fisheye) since I wanted to take the picture from playing position.

JP looks like crap now but I have Pinstadiums in there so I just cranked them up from 18% to 35% and it sorta makes up for and hides the reflection of the display, backglass, and topper.

OK here is the before pic:
Regular glassRegular glass

After pic with a Stern HD glass:
Anti-reflective glassAnti-reflective glass

#6357 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I got a piece of the Stern HD glass with my game from P1 and installed right away same as my MBLE. Maybe not as nice as the PDI but not bad

#6358 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I got a piece of the Stern HD glass with my game from P1 and installed right away same as my MBLE. Maybe not as nice as the PDI but not bad

How much does P1 sell it for? (Cdn)

#6359 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

How much does P1 sell it for? (Cdn)

Gave it to me with the game- you mean you didn't get that deal??

#6360 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Gave it to me with the game- you mean you didn't get that deal??

Hell no...

#6361 3 years ago

LOL just messing with you it was like a little over $400 incl taxes

#6362 3 years ago

They should include it though for the $$$ we have to pay -ugh

#6363 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

LOL just messing with you it was like a little over $400 incl taxes

LOL. Guess I'll be calling my guy and putting in an order for one.

#6364 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

They should include it though for the $$$ we have to pay -ugh

I think CGC should include it… Definitely. Most other LEs from the other manufacturers have non-reflective glass.

#6365 3 years ago

it does make a difference - got my trough and under cab lights done the other day now just need to find time to put the mantis protectors on- one last mod is the Merlin then I am done - need to save some $$$ for GnR lol

#6366 3 years ago

I have PDI, Stern HD or Invisiglass on all my pins; and in my set up, it also makes a big difference.
I put a sheet of PDI on my Royal and it’s looks fantastic.
Agreed with others that CGC should include a sheet of non-reflective glass with their LEs.
Regardless, the extra features of the Royal look amazing.

#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I have PDI, Stern HD or Invisiglass on all my pins; and in my set up, it also makes a big difference.
I put a sheet of PDI on my Royal and it’s looks fantastic.
Agreed with others that CGC should include a sheet of non-reflective glass with their LEs.
Regardless, the extra features of the Royal look amazing.

Yes eh - I was hoping to get to the US this summer to get some PDI but looks like that's a no go. Is there anyone in Canada importing it? P1 has the HD but nothing else

#6368 3 years ago

@zpinman370: Sorry, I’m not currently aware of anyone bringing PDI in.
In my set up, I find PDI > Invisglass > Stern HD. However, I feel they’re all a big enhancement over regular glass.

#6369 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

It should flush completely with the play field when it first lowers. Did you install the Mantis protector? When I did it initially blocked the drawbridge from lowering all the way, I had to adjust it to get the drawbridge to sit flush.

I did not add anything. I’ll jump into the machine tomorrow to adjust it

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

zpinman370: Sorry, I’m not currently aware of anyone bringing PDI in.
In my set up, I find PDI > Invisglass > Stern HD. However, I feel they’re all a big enhancement over regular glass.

Yes the PDI does seem to be the best looking. funny the $$$ we will spend to get that see thru look

#6371 3 years ago

Agreed, anti-reflective glass is an expensive enhancement; and once you change over on one sheet, you’ll want to do all your games lol.

#6372 3 years ago

Can someone explain to me about kit: 0711-xlcd?

Does it fit in an MMrLE with a color chip, and if so are there any other "parts " needed to make it functional?

Thanks.

Robert

#6373 3 years ago

I mentioned wanting an RGB kit to my dist. In Feb when I picked up my MMR standard. I followed up today and was forwarded to the parts Dept. I was told the kit will be 500 can and I can be added to a list for consideration to buy it.
It's a hundred over the exchange price listed on the manufacturers website.
Can you order direct from Chicago gaming? I don't want to miss out.

#6374 3 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

Can you order direct from Chicago gaming?

No.

You might ask http://www.planetarypinball.com/

LTG : )

#6375 3 years ago

But keep in mind you will then pay expensive shipping and also brokerage fees in addition to the taxes. Probably about the same cost...

#6376 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Does it fit in an MMrLE with a color chip,

Yes.

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

are there any other "parts " needed to make it functional?

I don't know yet. Might be another chip. Latest software update for sure.

LTG : )

#6377 3 years ago

I noticed a bit of scuffing on my MM Royal apron.
Not a big deal but am looking for any suggestions for the best product to clean or polish the apron?
Also, what is the preferred product to clean/polish your Royal powder-coated parts with?
Thanks!

#6378 3 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Can someone explain to me about kit: 0711-xlcd?
Does it fit in an MMrLE with a color chip, and if so are there any other "parts " needed to make it functional?
Thanks.
Robert

I would contact Planetary for details. You can basically upgrade the MMRLE with the RGB lighting, Topper, and new display/speakers. If you already have the color chip its like $1500 for all 3 items. If u don't want all three u can buy them each separately. I've been on Planetary pinballs list since announcement (like last October) and I haven't heard boo from them sense. Apparently people are already getting them in Europe, but they haven't shipped in the USA yet.

#6379 3 years ago

Can somebody PM me and tell me how to change the Chicago Logo under my display to a custom Logo? I was reading up a couple pages back, but still cannot figure out how to do it. Can somebody help me?

#6380 3 years ago

Am I just to download this file to a disc and insert it into the machine????

MedievalMadness_RE_1_NN (1) (resized).pngMedievalMadness_RE_1_NN (1) (resized).png
#6381 3 years ago

Question to Europeans: has anyone in Europe a MMR Royal in his hands?

#6382 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

[quoted image]

Interested in this as well if someone has the data file and instructions

#6383 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I would contact Planetary for details. You can basically upgrade the MMRLE with the RGB lighting, Topper, and new display/speakers. If you already have the color chip its like $1500 for all 3 items. If u don't want all three u can buy them each separately. I've been on Planetary pinballs list since announcement (like last October) and I haven't heard boo from them sense. Apparently people are already getting them in Europe, but they haven't shipped in the USA yet.

Pat,

Thanks for the explanation.

Bob

#6384 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

[quoted image]

Follow the instructions in the manual. They are very self explanatory. You will need to make sure your machine has the updated software. The software that was shipped with our Royals had a glitch that would not allow a custom logo. Update your software first then follow your manual to upload the image

#6385 3 years ago

Did any MM Royal owners receive either extra plastics or a key fob with their game?

#6386 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Did any MM Royal owners receive either extra plastics or a key fob with their game?

I wish. I remember this was a point of discussion here that they don't even give a $0.50 key fob with your $10kUSD machine... Or anti-reflective glass..

#6387 3 years ago

Thanks Mike. A bit surprised as well. Seems odd since it’s such an inexpensive inclusion.

Any suggestions for best products to polish & clean the apron and powder-coated armour?

#6388 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I wish. I remember this was a point of discussion here that they don't even give a $0.50 key fob with your $10kUSD machine... Or anti-reflective glass..

On my AFMRLE and MBRLE I called them and requested a key FOB and they honored the request....although at the time they didn't have one for my MMRLE

#6389 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I didn't receive anything just the manual - and to boot usually P1 will throw in some super band flipper rubbers and Silverjets and didn't get that either wtf - must be cost cutting all the way around or they figure we have too much $$$ buying these things at what they cost

#6390 3 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Mine had an extra set of sling rubber, that was about it.

#6391 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Mine had an extra set of sling rubber, that was about it.

This is what i got. Not sure what the black metal plate is for. Nice to get a flipper shim.

14DD301E-7787-472B-BEA4-60B3F80EE417 (resized).jpeg14DD301E-7787-472B-BEA4-60B3F80EE417 (resized).jpeg
#6392 3 years ago

Yeah, same for me as above; not sure I got that black metal plate though.

#6393 3 years ago

Same as what I got but the two screws were to short to screw the plate to the cab. Had to get longer screws.

#6394 3 years ago

I also did not get metal washers under my MMR royal slingshot plastics like I did on my MMr LE, AFMr LE, and MBr LE.

#6395 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not sure what the black metal plate is for.

It is to cover the plug

#6396 3 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It to cover the plug

Duh. stupid me. Was even wondering why there was no plug cover. Used to the 4 screw square ones with a dome...

#6397 3 years ago

I can't find anything in my manual about setting up this custom graphic.

#6398 3 years ago
Quoted from Scott9:

I can't find anything in my manual about setting up this custom graphic.

Page 1-11 and 1-12.

24F98D87-C617-4DD7-AEE0-F7EF6A16F646 (resized).jpeg24F98D87-C617-4DD7-AEE0-F7EF6A16F646 (resized).jpeg3AFED3E2-6897-4E22-8E83-DA773126AE1C (resized).jpeg3AFED3E2-6897-4E22-8E83-DA773126AE1C (resized).jpeg114DB522-1501-4736-A2E7-43B2744EE932 (resized).jpeg114DB522-1501-4736-A2E7-43B2744EE932 (resized).jpeg
#6399 3 years ago

You guys see the used royal edition for sale for $15,000 firm?

#6400 3 years ago

Haha. More power to ‘em.

I would gladly sell my unopened, (in transit), one for less than that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/128?hl=globalcop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.