image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 205.
#6051 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

There is no other hobby where enthusiasts spend an obscene amount money (10k or more) and routinely accept such shameful service and non-existent warranties. Me included. It would take 3 minutes to send an update to distributors on the status of games. This is BS.

I put a ticket in 11 days ago about my time not keeping and haven’t received a response. If they are going to ship a 10k game they should have better support than that. Support shouldn’t be impacted by factory not operating. Luckily the issue has no effect on actual game play, but still disappointing service. Nonetheless, the game is awesome and overall sturdier than my Sterns.

#6052 3 years ago

#6053 3 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I put a ticket in 11 days ago about my time not keeping and haven’t received a response.

Please add a note on your ticket about this.

Change the battery on that small board in the head. And clean the battery holder before putting in the new one.

LTG : )

#6054 3 years ago

My wait for NIB MM started waaaay back when the guy in Australia was going to make them, just happy to have a source however slow. If you're waiting on one you won't be disappointed, it's worth it. If you've bailed I wouldn't be too concerned about getting one down the line, they'll be around either as original Royal's or upgraded other versions.

#6055 3 years ago

Question about the lock shot, how does the game compute a hit? Very very rarely a ball goes in there that doesn't register.

#6056 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

No slack when you’re charged 10k and have nothing to show for it.

ah ok I agree, but why are you paying when they have nothing to ship?

I don't pay my dealer until its shipped.

#6057 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ah ok I agree, but why are you paying when they have nothing to ship?
I don't pay my dealer until its shipped.

My distributor said they had one when I called looking. Then it became oh, just about to ship, waiting on a part. Then it dragged on week after week. I called cgc myself yesterday and was floored to learn it isn’t shipping for weeks if not longer.

#6058 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Question about the lock shot, how does the game compute a hit? Very very rarely a ball goes in there that doesn't register.

I get this rarely also. It seems the ball hops over switch without registering.

#6059 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

There is no other hobby where enthusiasts spend an obscene amount money (10k or more) and routinely accept such shameful service and non-existent warranties. Me included. It would take 3 minutes to send an update to distributors on the status of games. This is BS.

LOL - yes eh - it's because we are all lemmings when it comes to our toys - Give us that new shiny thing and we get all gaga over it - sad but true - I am just happy I am in the position, as are the rest of us, to be able to get one - the wait really sucks though

#6060 3 years ago

A question for anyone who has owned an MMR and one of the newer models....Has the sound quality been improved? On my MMR the speech is a little muddy and hard to understand.

#6061 3 years ago

It seems the castle door on our new SE is getting sticky and does not want to flap freely. (In the photo you can see that it does not return to vertical normally.) If I try to move it manually there's more resistance than I would expect. Has anybody experienced this or have suggestions?

IMG_2988 (resized).jpegIMG_2988 (resized).jpeg

#6062 3 years ago
Quoted from default_user:

have suggestions?

See if you need to remove it and sand,file,shave off where it's sticking.

#6063 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Try decreasing flipper powers. It helps

Hmm. Good point, I’ll give it a go.

#6064 3 years ago

Mine was way off and would not close. I removed the castle front and then removed the door (only two screws) then elongated the screw holes about 3/16 of an inch with a round file. Reassembled moving the door to the right of the elongated holes. See Pic of before.

20200510_184525 (resized).jpg20200510_184525 (resized).jpg

#6065 3 years ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Hmm. Good point, I’ll give it a go.

I've been using -1

#6066 3 years ago

Just a tilt warning for everyone. Today I made it to battle for the kingdom on my MMrRE. Haven’t changed any settings from the factory. It vibrated so much during the battle that it actually tilted the machine! I was pretty pissed since I was only on ball 2 but $hit happens. I’m guessing whatever is factory set is too much for the kingdom battle. I mean it rattles like hell through it all.

#6067 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Just a tilt warning for everyone. Today I made it to battle for the kingdom on my MMrRE. Haven’t changed any settings from the factory. It vibrated so much during the battle that it actually tilted the machine! I was pretty pissed since I was only on ball 2 but $hit happens. I’m guessing whatever is factory set is too much for the kingdom battle. I mean it rattles like hell through it all.

Happened to me as well.

#6068 3 years ago

No games will be shipping for weeks. Called CGC myself. They are waiting on parts from China.

I called today and did not get that response. It's one board and it's passing customs.

MBR was worse to wait for than this tbh.

#6069 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Wow....thats a new one

#6070 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

I called today and did not get that response. It's one board and it's passing customs.
MBR was worse to wait for than this tbh.

Well it’s all good. Maybe for a reason. To be honest the story changed weekly for me so that’s why I came to my decision.
If someone had just said when I bought it that it wasn’t going to ship for 4-6 weeks I wouldn’t have expected anything else. That simple.

#6071 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

A question for anyone who has owned an MMR and one of the newer models....Has the sound quality been improved? On my MMR the speech is a little muddy and hard to understand.

Good q. I’m very interested in this too, and any thoughts and impressions on the sound quality of the latest build would be welcome, thanks.

#6072 3 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

Good q. I’m very interested in this too, and any thoughts and impressions on the sound quality of the latest build would be welcome, thanks.

Sound quality on the Royal is amazing. Can hear all call out clearly. In the menu you can change how much bass from the sub comes through compared to voices. So in the short version of things, sound quality is great

#6073 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Who knows, but my sound on my MMRLE is sounds crystal clear..maybe u have an issue with your machine?

#6074 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I've never owned a MM before, Williams or CGC.
My Royal sounds fantastic though. No issues

#6075 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Who knows, but my sound on my MMRLE is sounds crystal clear..maybe u have an issue with your machine?

On my machine the music is quite loud and clear but the comments made by the Trolls and the various Duke's in particular are hard to understand. Others like the Peasant ramp comments are also hard to make out, "They've taken our...Huh?". I think that if the music could be turned down relative to the other call-outs, it would likely solve the issue.

#6076 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sound quality is a very common complaint on the original MMRs. I’m very glad that it looks like CGC fixed it for the new machines.

My hope is that the updated code will fix this for my old MMR. But I agree with LTG from earlier in the thread that the new code won’t run on the older model without the RGB lighting upgrade, which is why I’m getting that first over the topper and DMD.

#6077 3 years ago
Quoted from JimFNB:

Sound quality is a very common complaint on the original MMRs. I’m very glad that it looks like CGC fixed it for the new machines.
My hope is that the updated code will fix this for my old MMR. But I agree with LTG from earlier in the thread that the new code won’t run on the older model without the RGB lighting upgrade, which is why I’m getting that first over the topper and DMD.

Is this true? LTG? I would have thought that the larger screen upgrade kit would have the sound improvement, not the RGB kit.

#6078 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is this true? LTG? I would have thought that the larger screen upgrade kit would have the sound improvement, not the RGB kit.

My hope is that the new code itself includes improvements in sound quality, plus the audio adjustments, to make the sound better on older models. But of course the code likely won’t run without some of the upgrades, per LTG’s post —

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/101#post-5458163

I *ass*umed it’s the rgb kit that requires the new code to run from the post below —

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/101#post-5457606

But I could be wrong — maybe you need both the rgb kit and the screen. The topper should not be needed to run the new code.

I'm definitely getting the lights in any case so I’ll report back.

#6079 3 years ago

It's been years since I've played an original, but my RE sounds great. I can make out all dialog just fine, and I've added an external sub-woofer, which I would think might degrade the ability to hear dialog. No complaints here.

#6080 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is this true? LTG?

Early games it was discovered to separate the audio wires that plugged into the lower right corner of the small board in the head from the other wires they were cable tied to and put a ferrite core on them.

As far as I know that cleaned things up. Worked on my game here.

#6081 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please add a note on your ticket about this.
Change the battery on that small board in the head. And clean the battery holder before putting in the new one.

I changed the battery and tried cleaning the holder before putting in the ticket (which I explained in initial submission). 14 days with no response now...disappointing support. My fear is battery acid leak damaged board.

#6082 3 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

14 days with no response now..

Please add to your ticket this information.

#6083 3 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I changed the battery and tried cleaning the holder before putting in the ticket (which I explained in initial submission). 14 days with no response now...disappointing support. My fear is battery acid leak damaged board.

The batteries that MMR uses do not leak like normal alkaline do.

#6084 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

The batteries that MMR uses do not leak like normal alkaline do.

Yeah it doesn't look like a leak, it looks like adhesive. Like something they might have been stuck to in bulk packaging.

Mines been fine since a battery swap, had a false alarm I'm attributing to a power blip at the house. Going on a week now with no further trouble.

#6085 3 years ago

I’ve had no issues with my internal clock on my RE since replacing with my own CR2032 battery. In replacing it, I also noticed a white (almost adhesive) grease substance on the back of that battery. The board seemed okay, but TimBoch tried cleaning his with an alcohol swabbed Q-tip and that didn’t fix the problem on his game.

E30CC68C-2E20-46A5-A754-21AEE0466D56 (resized).jpegE30CC68C-2E20-46A5-A754-21AEE0466D56 (resized).jpeg
#6086 3 years ago

I got my MM Royal about a week ago and noticed the flippers very uneven, especially the right flipper. After much adjusting, they are still not totally even when holding down the flippers. In fact, the right flipper sits a little lower than the left when held in, but actually sits probably a little higher when down. Is that abnormal, something I should be worried about or just ignore?

IMG_9124 (resized).JPGIMG_9124 (resized).JPGIMG_9125 (resized).JPGIMG_9125 (resized).JPG
#6087 3 years ago

Anyone else having an issue with their right flipper? Every 10 presses or so and it thinks I pressed it twice. Messes me up setting the lane lights where I want them. Emailed support but they must be closed, no word from them in 2 weeks. My big beautiful screen is broken, no word from them on that either.

#6088 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone else having an issue with their right flipper? Every 10 presses or so and it thinks I pressed it twice. Messes me up setting the lane lights where I want them. Emailed support but they must be closed, no word from them in 2 weeks. My big beautiful screen is broken, no word from them on that either.

Maybe check the gaps on your flipper leaf switches, might be just a hair too close causing the double flip.

#6089 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Maybe check the gaps on your flipper leaf switches, might be just a hair too close causing the double flip.

Not leaf switches. Opto’s. Swapped opto board with left side. Issue stayed on the right.

#6090 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

They can’t have someone working from home taking tech issues?

#6091 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Not leaf switches. Opto’s. Swapped opto board with left side. Issue stayed on the right.

Maybe a coil hold problem? Sounds eerily similar to what I had going on with my AFMr.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-technical-thread/page/9#post-5540291

Can you switch the coils and see if problem follows?

#6092 3 years ago

They can’t have someone working from home taking tech issues?

In the past CGC has been pretty good with customer support....not sure how hard it is to have someone sitting at home answering emails and making phone calls....especially since their collecting cash and shipping out games

#6093 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Every 10 presses or so and it thinks I pressed it twice.

Check the coil lugs. The wires to the coil on tight. Then dig around the thin wire from each lug that goes into the coil, look for a crack or break.

Then I'd swap the left and right flipper button opto boards, to rule them out opening and staying open.

Quoted from EricHadley:

Emailed support but they must be closed,

Open a ticket. If you did, add to it.

Quoted from PtownPin:

not sure how hard it is to have someone sitting at home answering emails and making phone calls...

Actually it's quite easy. Once it goes up to the engineers, then it's on them and with the lockdown may take a bit.

Quoted from PtownPin:

especially since their collecting cash and shipping out games

Not my department.

#6094 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the coil lugs. The wires to the coil on tight. Then dig around the thin wire from each lug that goes into the coil, look for a crack or break.
Then I'd swap the left and right flipper button opto boards, to rule them out opening and staying open.

Open a ticket. If you did, add to it.

Actually it's quite easy. Once it goes up to the engineers, then it's on them and with the lockdown may take a bit.

Not my department.

It should be with the great service you provide

#6095 3 years ago

If anyone can answer my post from #6086 that would be great. I didn't know if my flippers were defective in any way.

#6096 3 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

If anyone can answer my post from #6086 that would be great. I didn't know if my flippers were defective in any way.

At rest see where the pawl and plastic link stops against a rubber stopper in a metal bracket at the end of the flipper base plate ? You can bend that a little so both flippers/plungers/pawls are in the same spot at rest. Loosen both pawls and line them up identical at rest. You tweak that right, then they will both be in the same position when up/

#6097 3 years ago

LE #260 checking in. Just sold a Taxi and Whirlwind to fund my very own MMR! This game rocks! I was very pleasantly surprised when I picked this up to learn that not only was it HUO, not only was it low play (800 games) but it is an LE complete with shaker! I have been amazed at how fast this game plays after my first wax an cleaning. The cabinet is perfect, and the only thing close to a flaw I have found is a tiny spec of chipped paint by the drawbridge that even my OCD doesn't mind. I bought it from the original owner who had never even turned on the shaker (but had a high score I could never touch so I just reset it).

1. Where would the color chip be if it were installed (mine boots up with a full color graphic then goes monochrome)?
2. Is there a feature matrix describing the LE/SE differences from the original production run?
3. Does anyone have a used color chip they want to sell me (worth asking)?

I have seen the cool feature matrix of the goodies coming out with the Royal and could see going full RGB and big screen, but want to see it in the wild first. The only mods I've seen I really like on this one are the 3-d Merlin and the mirror blades.

Awesome game!

20200524_194151 (resized).jpg20200524_194151 (resized).jpg
#6098 3 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

. Where would the color chip be if it were installed (mine boots up with a full color graphic then goes monochrome)?

You don't have the color chip. It would be a long IC on the huge board under the playfield.

#6099 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

At rest see where the pawl and plastic link stops against a rubber stopper in a metal bracket at the end of the flipper base plate ? You can bend that a little so both flippers/plungers/pawls are in the same spot at rest. Loosen both pawls and line them up identical at rest. You tweak that right, then they will both be in the same position when up/

LTG, Any chance you have a picture to show me what you mean? No worries if you don't.

#6100 3 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

LTG, Any chance you have a picture to show me what you mean?

Not a great picture. The red line through the hole shows where a black rubber plug should be.

The blue arrows point to the plate part of the flipper base plate that you can bend back and forth as needed.

This isn't easy. You need to loosen the pawls and get both flippers lined up at rest in the down position besides bending the one plate as needed.

flipper (resized).jpgflipper (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,211 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/122?hl=meri-cah and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.