image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 205.
#6001 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

What was funny was that I could update the software no problem, so it can read the cards for that purpose. Just not to load the custom image.

Glad I’m not crazy!! I have the same issue. It can read a card to update but not to load custom image.

#6002 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Microfiber and a light damp/soap scrub?

Gonna try this.

#6003 3 years ago

Ahhh, so close to Battle for the Kingdom tonight! Needed one or two more gate hits and I would have been there. Great game nonetheless - more than doubled my previous high score...looking forward to tackling again tomorrow!

IMG_0658.JPGIMG_0658.JPGIMG_0660.JPGIMG_0660.JPG
#6004 3 years ago

Hello folks, does anyone have an approximation of time between forking over the 10K to your distributor for final payment and physical receipt of your MMR RE? I was assuming once final payment was made I would be within a few weeks of delivery..... As of today, distributor indicates it hasn't yet left CGC. We're running on 3 weeks. Any feedback would be welcome.

#6005 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Hello folks, does anyone have an approximation of time between forking over the 10K to your distributor for final payment and physical receipt of your MMR RE? I was assuming once final payment was made I would be within a few weeks of delivery..... As of today, distributor indicates it hasn't yet left CGC. We're running on 3 weeks. Any feedback would be welcome.

Mine was 72 hours.
It did get shipped to a wrong terminal across the country, but, did ship pretty quickly once balance was paid.

#6006 3 years ago

Got mine in about a week. Maybe a little more due to shipping be delayed by 2 days.

#6007 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

3 weeks seems excessive however I don't know what's going on at CGC right now. Are they building/shipping games? Are they open? I was lucky enough to get one of the first ones because they were already completed and ready to ship.
I would stay in contact with your distributor for sure.

#6008 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

I've seen these issues first hand with all the other remakes. CGC gets a little anxious to accept payment, and requests full payment (per the distributor) before the game is actually built, and then for whatever reason it sits on the line for weeks (usually some missing part or something). What I've learned over the years to to never make full payment until your game is boxed and ready to ship.....unfortunately CGC has been doing this for years.

#6009 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

I paid in full in January, got mine two weeks ago. Part of that was because early estimates were Jan/feb and I was going to be out of the country for a while.

Distributor doesn’t have much control. It’s up to when CGC is ready to ship.

If you are with a good distributor you should get taken care of. But may need to be very patient.

#6010 3 years ago
Quoted from Inferno:

I paid on 5/4. Still waiting. There’s supposedly a batch of games leaving this week. Don’t bet on it.

#6011 3 years ago

FWIW, I put a $1000 deposit down with PPS last October. I was solicited to make a final payment on a Friday in April, by the next Friday it had shipped, the following Thursday it was delivered. I actually emailed a couple distros who are popular on here back in October and neither got back to me. One not at all, and the other not until a couple weeks ago. I get it, I only bought one machine through one of them, so I wasn’t a VIP I guess. I went instead to PPS and I haven’t regretted it.

#6012 3 years ago

My distributor delivered it and set it up. I played a game. Wrote a check. Ya know, the old fashioned way.

#6013 3 years ago

I sent a check on 4/25. Haven’t heard anything about delivery.

#6014 3 years ago

For mine I paid the final payment back in March, but that was because I had a coupon for my distributor that was about to expire. I received it about 2 weeks ago.

#6015 3 years ago

Thanks for all of the feedback. Sounds like a mixed bag. We'll have to chalk it up as, "it'll make me appreciate it more" when it does arrive. In the meantime I get to watch you guys get your groove on .

#6016 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Gonna try this.

Tried the soapy microfiber cloth.

About 60% of it I was able to wipe off with some elbow grease.

The launch area and trolls face are no longer obvious. But there are still obvious marks across the lightening. . Don’t want to try a magic eraser or other abrasive method.

I guess I need to live with it.

#6017 3 years ago

Planning on adding this mod. Any recommendation to fix the minis non permanently?

I got them from Amazon "papo figures"

IMG_20200518_120907.jpgIMG_20200518_120907.jpg
#6018 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I guess I need to live with it.

Did you get my pm?
There are non abrasive products out there you can try. You shouldn't have to live with those marks on a NIB purchase. Hope you get it resolved.

#6019 3 years ago

try brasso but test it on a non-conspicuous part of the cabinet first.

We use to use this to take marks off hifi equipment worked well.

Neil.

#6020 3 years ago
Quoted from WishyWashyPony:

Planning on adding this mod. Any recommendation to fix the minis non permanently?
[quoted image]

I use 3M Command strips for things like this. So far so good.

#6021 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I would fix it with small neodym magnets

#6022 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I would fix it with small neodym magnets

hmm, so just shove a magnet under the castle, or you are thinking of something else? I happen to have some very small magnets at hand, so I think I could drill a hole on the mini foot to glue it there, but don't want to drill the castle

#6023 3 years ago

mini neodym could work, I dont have an MMR yet, so dont know if it would possible to place it inside the castle (under the tower for example)

#6024 3 years ago

hmm, so just shove a magnet under the castle, or you are thinking of something else? I happen to have some very small magnets at hand, so I think I could drill a hole on the mini foot to glue it there, but don't want to drill the castle

Why can't u just use double sided tape? should hold fine and the tape is removable

#6025 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Why can't u just use double sided tape? should hold fine and the tape is removable

The king doesn't fit very well on the top of the tower, it only has one foot there, so the tape isn't strong enough

#6026 3 years ago

The disproportionate scale of those toys versus the castle makes the castle look diminutive.

#6027 3 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

The disproportionate scale of those toys versus the castle makes the castle look diminutive.

Indeed - sometimes too many mods is not a good thing- not my taste but to each their own as long as it makes you happy

#6028 3 years ago

Yeah, that's why I'm hestiant to put mods on my RE, they're just not proportionate to the castle. The only one that fits the size of the castle is the 3D damsel mod. So for me I'm thinking, changing the trolls out for the ones with the lit eyes and possibly the 3D damsel.

#6029 3 years ago

Well it certainly seems like nothing is shipping again. ☹️

#6030 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well it certainly seems like nothing is shipping again. ☹️

No games will be shipping for weeks. Called CGC myself. They are waiting on parts from China.

#6031 3 years ago

Wow, can’t say that I am surprised by that news. What will surprise me is if this company can ever make an original game of its own. Their supply chain is a mess

#6032 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Wow, can’t say that I am surprised by that news. What will surprise me is if this company can ever make an original game of its own. Their supply chain is a mess

I canceled my order. What a shame.

#6033 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Uhh there is a global shutdown of manufacturing, logistics etc - cut them some slack!

#6034 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Uhh there is a global shutdown of manufacturing, logistics etc - cut them some slack!

No slack when you’re charged 10k and have nothing to show for it.

#6035 3 years ago

Unfortunately we have seen this from this company many times way before this pandemic, that is why I said I am not surprised

#6036 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Unfortunately we have seen this from this company many times way before this pandemic, that is why I said I am not surprised

CGC is famous for this....happens on every title....

#6037 3 years ago

Yup kinda sucks to be out 11k with nothing tangible to show... Or even a proposed date to ship. Ehh...I'm gonna wait. But I better not have a giant mark down the side of my pin, I'd load it up in the truck and drive it right back to them. dashv watching this thread, you shouldn't have to settle for 11K. Raise HELL with CGC.

#6038 3 years ago

First time MM owner here, I have a RE. I’m wondering if anyone has issues with shots into Merlin not sticking or if this is just common in gameplay? Only about one out of ten times does the ball actually stick in the saucer, most of the time it just rolls out into the pops. Game is at 6.5 and perfectly level. Are there any adjustments I can make?

Also, I received my game about 1 week after full payment, got it two weeks ago, deposit was in October.

#6039 3 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I don't think I'd be paying a penny til they said it was ready to pick up. What will they do? Find another buyer in these times?

Agreed

#6040 3 years ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

First time MM owner here, I have a RE. I’m wondering if anyone has issues with shots into Merlin not sticking or if this is just common in gameplay? Only about one out of ten times does the ball actually stick in the saucer, most of the time it just rolls out into the pops. Game is at 6.5 and perfectly level. Are there any adjustments I can make?
Also, I received my game about 1 week after full payment, got it two weeks ago, deposit was in October.

Very common. Search this thread. Drop dead foam helps a bit. I always try to hit the shot a little less than straight on. Like bounce it off the right guide a tiny bit.

#6041 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Very common. Search this thread. Drop dead foam helps a bit. I always try to hit the shot a little less than straight on. Like bounce it off the right guide a tiny bit.

Got it thanks!

#6042 3 years ago

If it is a part that is supposedly for the topper they are waiting on they should just ship the games and ship the topper later. My gut is it's more now.

#6043 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoxxy:

If it is a part that is supposedly for the topper they are waiting on they should just ship the games and ship the topper later.

The problem with doing that is it greatly increases costs to both them and their distributors. If it was just them, they might eat the costs, but then once they get the toppers to the distributors, the distributors also have to get them to their customers.

#6044 3 years ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

First time MM owner here, I have a RE. I’m wondering if anyone has issues with shots into Merlin not sticking or if this is just common in gameplay? Only about one out of ten times does the ball actually stick in the saucer, most of the time it just rolls out into the pops. Game is at 6.5 and perfectly level. Are there any adjustments I can make? .

Try decreasing flipper powers. It helps

#6045 3 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

The problem with doing that is it greatly increases costs to both them and their distributors. If it was just them, they might eat the costs, but then once they get the toppers to the distributors, the distributors also have to get them to their customers.

Chicago gaming has been shipping almost all games direct to consumer. The toppers would just be another shipment. If they are truly waiting just for the topper they should ship separately.

I don't find it believable.

#6046 3 years ago

Have they said what exactly they are waiting on? If it's the topper controller board that gets mounted in the back box they may be hesitant to send separate. As a manufacturer I would want to be the one installing / wiring / testing that before it left the factory.

#6047 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Have they said what exactly they are waiting on? If it's the topper controller board that gets mounted in the back box they may be hesitant to send separate. As a manufacturer I would want to be the one installing / wiring / testing that before it left the factory.

Even if it is the controller board they can send the whole topper separate after installed. I assume it comes in a separate container like MBLE and AFM.

#6048 3 years ago

This was discussed before they ever shipped the first RE. CGC was waiting on a part for the topper and I asked the same question, if they could ship the topper separately. They want to save money in shipping costs. It would cost more to ship the game and then ship the topper separately later.
And if this is a part that is installed in the backbox then they wouldn't be able to ship the completed game out.

#6049 3 years ago

Quoted from imagamejunky:This was discussed before they ever shipped the first RE. CGC was waiting on a part for the topper and I asked the same question, if they could ship the topper separately. They want to save money in shipping costs. It would cost more to ship the game and then ship the topper separately later.
And if this is a part that is installed in the backbox then they wouldn't be able to ship the completed game out.

The big question is, if waiting from China, and coming in a container these parts are not that big. In reality they should have all come at once. Something doesn't sound 100% right about all the theories as to why they are not shipping. In the end, like so many have said before me, it's CGC what do you expect. Make great games but the communication is sorely lacking

#6050 3 years ago

There is no other hobby where enthusiasts spend an obscene amount money (10k or more) and routinely accept such shameful service and non-existent warranties. Me included. It would take 3 minutes to send an update to distributors on the status of games. This is BS.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,205 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.