IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 204.
#5951 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’m also not patient. But if they do close then that will really suck.

Mines coming from PPS. What about yours?

#5952 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

\
Yikes. Sad to see what weeks worth of unneeded travel has done. Sure hope everything is safe inside.

Thanks Tim, no worries here. I've received enough deliveries to know what's damaged inside or not...the extra travel just made me appreciate it more when it arrived today.

Just put it all together. Only have a very tiny blemish of the back of the back box. Nothing to worry about! That's great news to me.

I'll end up adding the mods I have later. However, here's a pic of it all setup, working and no errors after setting the date/time.

IMG_20200512_174102876 (resized).jpgIMG_20200512_174102876 (resized).jpgIMG_20200512_174123491 (resized).jpgIMG_20200512_174123491 (resized).jpg
#5953 3 years ago

Never saw a shooter lane look like this from a NIB.....

IMG_20200512_161920813 (resized).jpgIMG_20200512_161920813 (resized).jpg
#5954 3 years ago
Quoted from hoopybox:

Hmm looking at this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/117#post-5633344
It looks like there are factory protectors - dashv Did the rough paint stick out that far or did yours not have the metal plates?

Mine had the metal plates. For two of the four legs I can’t fit a playing card cleanly between the legs and the cab.

#5955 3 years ago

Also, forgot to mention I found this piece of plastic under the lock down bar.

It has adhesive on the other side. Not 100% sure where it goes but, the lane for the castle multiball lock area is bare wood? Does it go there?

75B57376-7D84-437F-B293-320670837DFD (resized).jpeg75B57376-7D84-437F-B293-320670837DFD (resized).jpegD2099DEB-156E-4C34-960F-01A860E4BE34 (resized).jpegD2099DEB-156E-4C34-960F-01A860E4BE34 (resized).jpegDCB45219-961D-40EF-89B3-5F2EEA528B28 (resized).jpegDCB45219-961D-40EF-89B3-5F2EEA528B28 (resized).jpeg
#5956 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Not 100% sure where it goes

On inside of the lock down bar to prevent the end from scraping the side rail.

Check the other side to see where it goes.

LTG : )

#5957 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here is a piece on MBR's lockdown bar.

DSC00260 (resized).JPGDSC00260 (resized).JPG
#5958 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Many thanks! Think I should submit a ticket about the biting legs? I’m a little afraid to nudge the machine and cause more damage.

#5959 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Not sure what I'm missing here. What is wrong?

#5960 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Think I should submit a ticket about the biting legs?

You can if you like.

#5961 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Mines coming from PPS. What about yours?

Cgc I believe

#5962 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I don't see anything wrong there. It looks like you did get interesting placement of the wood grain there by chance.

#5963 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

I now know why I found that piece inside. The lockdown bar will not go back on with that piece there. It’s too tight of a fit. Instead I just put a few layers of Electrical tape where it it was supposed to go. Now it fits snug but no danger of scratching.

That said, I noticed this mark running down the front of the cab when I first opened the box.

I didn’t mention it on here before because I asked my distributor this weekend if there is a safe way to try to wipe it off.

I tried a damp micro fiber cloth and it got a lot but not all of it off.

What else is safe for me to try? Haven’t heard back from my distributor yet.

151A5E25-9574-4619-8AD3-904ACF33FB24 (resized).jpeg151A5E25-9574-4619-8AD3-904ACF33FB24 (resized).jpeg
#5964 3 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

I don't see anything wrong there. It looks like you did get interesting placement of the wood grain there by chance.

Yes. Just a weird placement of grain. Next to AFMRLE....which is the cleanest of wood. No biggie. Just more of a reminder pic when I goto clean it.

#5965 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

I now know why I found that piece inside. The lockdown bar will not go back on with that piece there. It’s too tight of a fit. Instead I just put a few layers of Electrical tape where it it was supposed to go. Now it fits snug but no danger of scratching.
That said, I noticed this mark running down the front of the cab when I first opened the box.
I didn’t mention it on here before because I asked my distributor this weekend if there is a safe way to try to wipe it off.
[quoted image]

Looks like a wrinkle in the decal.

#5966 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Okay,, that Franky underneath with the lighting must scare the heck out of some kids.....Loooks Awwwwesssommme !!!!!!

#5967 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:I didn’t mention it on here before because I asked my distributor this weekend if there is a safe way to try to wipe it off.

I had the same thing on my MR LE, on side of cabinet....thought it was a scrape. Just used some soap and water on rag....it came off with a little rubbing and didn't deform the decal at all.

#5968 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

It has adhesive on the other side. Not 100% sure where it goes but, the lane for the castle multiball lock area is bare wood? Does it go there?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine fell off as well I put it back but now the lockdown bar is really tough to get back on the side where it fell off.

#5969 3 years ago

Has anyone verified that CGC has stopped shipping games? Did the law come knocking?

#5970 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Has anyone verified that CGC has stopped shipping games? Did the law come knocking?

As of now still shipping. I was told they ran out of a few parts. More games ship next week.

#5971 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Wait, what?

#5972 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Okay,, that Franky underneath with the lighting must scare the heck out of some kids.....Loooks Awwwwesssommme !!!!!!

Lol. Kind of....the wife hates it when I put the Drac under there....so Frank stays.

#5973 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had those on my MMrRE when I unboxed it. One side was off, the other was still stuck on. However, the lockdown bar, no matter what, would NOT go on the game with both tabs. So I took both tabs off and adjusted the screws so it would fit tight. I think I’ll go with the electrical tape the other guy said. I feel like this is a CGC issue. Not an issue to worry about or file a claim for. But maybe they need to use an even thinner piece.

#5974 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Looks like a wrinkle in the decal.

Nope not a wrinkle. something black made a streak down the front.

Light rubbing with a damp microfiber glass cloth only took off so much. Nervous to scrub and cause scratches.

#5975 3 years ago

As of now still shipping. I was told they ran out of a few parts. More games ship next week.

I was just told my RE is delayed from Friday to Wednesday to ship based on a board for the topper not available.

#5976 3 years ago
Quoted from WishyWashyPony:

I have the RE and noticed that the ball always bounces a little bit before entering the left flipper, this makes it very hard to hit the ramp to the princess castle. Any advice on what adjustment I need to make to fix this? (This is my first pinball). This video shows the problem:
https://vimeo.com/417465049
thanks!

I have had a reoccurring problem with the left flipper on my AFMr. The flipper post bushing has broken four times. I havent been able to determine why so I replaced the whole mechanism, for now it is holding up. Might be something to look into because a fractured/worn bushing changes the post position. If you can move the flipper to and fro without rotating it, you have a bushing problem.

#5977 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Mine fell off as well I put it back but now the lockdown bar is really tough to get back on the side where it fell off.

Same thing happened to me. The side piece fell off and it’s really hard to get the bar to go down. I still love the game, but honestly a bit disappointed with CGC. I haven’t received a response on my ticket regarding the issue with time not keeping. I understand we are in a pandemic, but if you are going to ship a 10K game that’s faulty out of the box you should at least have some basic customer support coverage.

#5978 3 years ago

Sorry, double post.

#5979 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Nope not a wrinkle. something black made a streak down the front.
Light rubbing with a damp microfiber glass cloth only took off so much. Nervous to scrub and cause scratches.

Try one of those mr clean foam magic erasers. Just try one little spot.

#5980 3 years ago

I know these are super expensive toys and perfection is expected at this price point. In my experience, all of that anxiety created by having this perfect toy takes ALOT of the enjoyment away from having the game.

I did a crazy expensive restore on a D&D and buffed the playfield out to a mirror. I got so focused on getting it perfect that the first scratch in the clear (during assembly under a ramp you will never see) I had to walk away from it for a week. After getting it all back together, it was the nicest best playing game I ever had.

The point is until there was a scratch and I could get past the perfect, I didn’t really enjoy the game. It was just that mint in box collectible I was more worried about having then playing

#5981 3 years ago

Try one of those mr clean foam magic erasers. Just try one little spot.

No way. Those are abrasive. I’ll have scratches for sure.

#5982 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

I know these are super expensive toys and perfection is expected at this price point. In my experience, all of that anxiety created by having this perfect toy takes ALOT of the enjoyment away from having the game.
I did a crazy expensive restore on a D&D and buffed the playfield out to a mirror. I got so focused on getting it perfect that the first scratch in the clear (during assembly under a ramp you will never see) I had to walk away from it for a week. After getting it all back together, it was the nicest best playing game I ever had.
The point is until there was a scratch and I could get past the perfect, I didn’t really enjoy the game. It was just that mint in box collectible I was more worried about having then playing

I get that. I’m not expecting absolute perfection. I also don’t want clear cosmetic issues on the front. If it was the side, no one would ever know but me until I disclosed it when I sold it.

It’s also the first thing I saw when I opened the box. So they had to see it before they closed it up.

#5983 3 years ago
Quoted from RooDoom:

I have had a reoccurring problem with the left flipper on my AFMr. The flipper post bushing has broken four times.

The left one ? Is so page 1-15 in the manual, lower the strength on your R Popper Strength.

It shoots the ball straight at your left flipper. On AFM and AFMR you'll get more busted left flipper bushings because of this.

#5984 3 years ago

Ok. ....

Has anyone put their custom logo on the MMRRE?

I've done the others I have but this one is just not taking it.
Opened a new 16, 32, 64 and 128g msd from the package. All new and genuine Sandisk.

Game keeps telling me unable to mount card.
The file is a simple 320x80 bmp. Same file I used on the others .

It's not telling me it doesn't like the file, it's stating that it cannot mount the card.

Any ideas? I'm missing something.

#5985 3 years ago

Ok. ....
Opened a new 16, 32, 64 and 128g msd from the package. All new and genuine Sandisk.
It's not telling me it doesn't like the file, it's stating that it cannot mount the card.

Does the same card work on the others (not just the file)?

#5986 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Does the same card work on the others (not just the file)?

I looked for the card I used on the others....IIRC a 128gb card was the one that worked.

What I'm using are new out of package. Shows they're already 32 fat....but I'll try a full format just in case....

I guess I could try to use this card on one of the others, but didn't really want to check that way. Ugh. Lazy today I guess. Thought it would just take a few minutes....nope.

#5987 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

No way. Those are abrasive. I’ll have scratches for sure.

Microfiber and a light damp/soap scrub?

#5988 3 years ago

Ok. ....

Had the same problem, no solution so far. Another user on here mentioned they tried a card and image that worked in their Monster Bash, worked on MB not in his RE. Same error, could not mount SD card.

#5989 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I opened a ticket with CGC on the date/time not holding while the game is powered off. The response I got was that I should replace the CR2032 battery. So I did. Initially, there was no change in behavior, but I may have been premature on assuming it was not fixed. The last couple days, the date/time clock seems to be running in the background while the machine is powered off. The tech did say he was going to escalate to an engineer before I realized the date/time was moving normally, albeit slow.
Timboch reported what looked like white grease on the back of his stock CR2032 Battery and it was on the board too when he went to clean it off with a Q-tip. I had a bit of that white grease on my battery too, but I didn’t think about checking the board at the time.
The other remakes in my collection have not had a date/time advancement problem.

Thanks again, I've replaced the battery and it looks like it's keeping time now.

Added over 4 years ago:

Spoke too soon, two days in a row now I get the test report error 'Time/date not set' and I have to go in and set it again. Re-opening ticket with CGC.

#5990 3 years ago

Ok. ....

this was often posted here, that sd card cannot be mounted; seems a SW bug.
You have Beta 3 too?

#5991 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

You have Beta 3 too?

I'll have to look which version.
Good to know I'm not too crazy. When you try multiple new cards, old cards, formatting etc and it isn't smooth....just becomes frustrating. I'm sure a fix will come someday.
Appreciate the heads up!

#5992 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

You have Beta 3 too?

IMG_20200514_151129437 (resized).jpgIMG_20200514_151129437 (resized).jpg
#5993 3 years ago

see older posts (esp. the one where a guy has tested the same card with an MBR and it works; Beta 3; this is really an issue. How to update the pin without mounting a SD Card?

#5994 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

see older posts (esp. the one where a guy has tested the same card with an MBR and it works; Beta 3; this is really an issue. How to update the pin without mounting a SD Card?

What was funny was that I could update the software no problem, so it can read the cards for that purpose. Just not to load the custom image.

#5995 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

What was funny was that I could update the software no problem, so it can read the cards for that purpose. Just not to load the custom image.

Did you contact CGC and see if a fix may be in the near future?

#5996 3 years ago

I have a ticket opened, but it hasn't been updated since last week.

#5997 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Quoted from jarozi:

oh cool; I am waiting for the MMRE, so I just read all postings an be patient.
with which software can you update? only the old version is available for download.

#5998 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

oh cool; I am waiting for the MMRE, so I just read all postings an be patient.
with which software can you update? only the old version is available for download.

When I opened the ticket they sent me a link to download 3.0.0 Beta 3, the current RE version.

#5999 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had the same issue with mine. It goes under lock bar. I spoke to Ryan at CGC he said he was not happy with the glue on that piece of plastic sticking to the powder coated lock bar. I just put some epoxy glue and it went over well.

Your setup looks good!

#6000 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Nothing abnormal there. My Metallica’s like that and I love it. Stuff like that’s what reminds ya it’s a one of a kind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 45.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/120?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.