IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 204.
#551 8 years ago

You could but direct from PPS... $37 U.S for 2. And $48 U.S shipping to Canada.

= $109 CDN.

#552 8 years ago

Just hooking them up now.
Wondering what would be best?
Doing this on the cheap.

Options are....

Always on?

Or hooked up to the L+R flashers so they flash when hit?

IMG_20160411_193038945_(resized).jpgIMG_20160411_193038945_(resized).jpg

#553 8 years ago

I would think always on unless you can add a switch to only go on when in the up position.

#554 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I would think always on unless you can add a switch to only go on when in the up position.

Well I could hook it up to the hold winding on the troll coils. But they would be on when up and off when down. So it would look the same as on all the time. (Hooked to G.I) not worth the extra work of a bigger resistor and diode added to the circuit for basically the same result.

If I hook it up to the flashers they will flash when hit before going down. And I think when popping up and during any multiball madness.
With trolls up.

I'm going to try it today. And see what looks best.

#555 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I'm going to try it today. And see what looks best.

Good stuff erak, I would like to do this mod in the future. Could you post some pics and guide to wiring it up when finished? I have seen guides to fitting the LEDs but none for wiring it to an MMR. Also are the LED kits for the Trolls available anywhere? I have found one site that is sold out and another that doesn't have an order link and didn't answer my email.

#556 8 years ago

If you wire the trolls directly to the solenoid they will only illuminate when the trolls are active

#557 8 years ago

Here they are wired to the L+R flasher.
They flash when they pop up and when hit.

#558 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Here they are wired to the L+R flasher.
They flash when they pop up and when hit.
» YouTube video

That looks great...

Any specific style a LED bulb you used?

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That looks great...
Any specific style a LED bulb you used?

2-3mm red LEDs. 1 for each eye.
And I used a 1 watt 470 ohm resistor. Even though 1/2 watt would do on the - lead.
Hook up to the L+R flasher plugs under the playfield on the big circuit board

Left troll on the left flasher plug. Right troll on the right plug It takes a bit to get the Leds in the eyes. But it's fairly easy.

Screenshot_20160412-175040_(resized).pngScreenshot_20160412-175040_(resized).png

#561 8 years ago

Just like this..
http://www.pinwize.com/medieval_madness_troll_eyes_diy.php

This mod is for hooking them up to the coils. But it's the same idea.

#562 8 years ago

Anyone heard any further info on the colorization for MMr?

#563 8 years ago

Nothing, last info was last week.
Waiting on CGC, pricing and how it will be released now.

#564 8 years ago

how about free to the LE owners like it was announced

#565 8 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

That's optimistic. I have a feeling we will be waiting a very long time for anything from CGC.

Dead_on_the_computer_(resized).jpgDead_on_the_computer_(resized).jpg

#566 8 years ago

Ya really gotta wonder why CGC would have shown video of it what...........about 6 months ago now. Only reason I can think of is those that were getting sick and tired of waiting for their MMR would be further encouraged to keep their order knowing that this was coming. Now we are getting sick and tired of waiting for the update!!

#567 8 years ago

I'd just settle for getting my MMR. This wait is pathetic.

#568 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Ya really gotta wonder why CGC would have shown video of it what...........about 6 months ago now.

Well for me deciding between MMR / GoT / Hobbit it was partly the color that pushed me to purchase the MMR that I was already slightly leaning towards.

It was stated on PPS forum two weeks ago that we should know the price in a week and release in two weeks......so far no price......PPS must be even more shitted off with them than we are.

#569 8 years ago

As I said in another thread, I wouldn't worry. I'm sure it will be here in time for Christmas.

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Ya really gotta wonder why CGC would have shown video of it what...........about 6 months ago now. Only reason I can think of is those that were getting sick and tired of waiting for their MMR would be further encouraged to keep their order knowing that this was coming. Now we are getting sick and tired of waiting for the update!!

They originally showed the video people people were reacting badly to the original news that it wouldn't be free. The video was to show that they're upgrading the art, not just making it colorized. But they do everything at the pace of a dead snail, so ... yeah.

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I thought I read on PPS that LE owners will receive a discounted rate for it? Not free though.

#572 8 years ago

As the license holder I would hope that PPS lays into CGC about the delays and lack of communication. Really poor way to get out of the gate on what is suppose to be a long relationship of making this remakes.

#573 8 years ago

On CGC you can't even contact their sales Dept.
It gives a 404 error.

N/M it worked today. It wouldn't let me send a message yesterday to ask about the release plans for the color support.

I figure if enough customers ask, maybe some information will be given. Considering even their distributors are in the dark.

#574 8 years ago

I did notice if you click on MMR on the CGC page it takes you to the MMR main page then if you look to the left hand menu bar on the MMR page there is a button for "files area" but when you click it it asks for a user name and password I wonder if this is where the non color code update will be hosted

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#576 8 years ago

Have there been code updates? If yes, does anyone have a link?

#577 8 years ago

There was a beta code out there but I think the link is dead now at CGC's request

#578 7 years ago

The thing that sucks is that when the code update / color update is available we'll have to learn about it here on pinside. Would be nice if CGC would reach out to the owners in another way. Their communication to customers blows...

#579 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#580 7 years ago

Anyone have an issue where the ball goes into the castle but is not allowed to go all the way in and bounces right back out? The gate is open obviously. There's a metal piece that prevents it from going in

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

Anyone have an issue where the ball goes into the castle but is not allowed to go all the way in and bounces right back out? The gate is open obviously. There's a metal piece that prevents it from going in

In this thread 'MMR NIB Repair Kit' , look at post #56

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit/page/2

#583 7 years ago

I ordered a standard today, anybody know which shaker works in it? I'm guessing its the new spike compatible one? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3710

#584 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

I ordered a standard today, anybody know which shaker works in it? I'm guessing its the new spike compatible one? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3710

Pretty sure that's it. Or at least that's what my GRG receipt said before I canceled the order for an LE opening slot.

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

Pretty sure that's it. Or at least that's what my GRG receipt said before I canceled the order for an LE opening slot.

Cool, I'll pick one up.

#586 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Cool, I'll pick one up.

Please let us know if it works when you put the shaker in or if you had any problems with the install. I have to order one as well. The description of it doesn't say it works with MMR but it also doesn't say that it won't.

#587 7 years ago

I just contacted Terry at Pinball Life and he says that shaker won't work. Only Stern Machines.

#588 7 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

I just contacted Terry at Pinball Life and he says that shaker won't work. Only Stern Machines.

Well that stinks. I'll check the PPS forums, see if anyone over there knows. Will report back.

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

I think you can order a standard with a shaker for about 100 more check with your distributor.

#590 7 years ago

has anyone noticed a little static sound when playing it?

1 week later
#591 7 years ago

I have a newbie question. Does MMR have more than one hole to adjust the outlane width? I think that's how you describe it. And if so, is the post set at default to a "wider" outlane or one that's more narrow?

#592 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

I have a newbie question. Does MMR have more than one hole to adjust the outlane width? I think that's how you describe it. And if so, is the post set at default to a "wider" outlane or one that's more narrow?

It's the same as the original. Not individual holes, but a long one you can slide up or down. Default from factory is wide open.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#593 7 years ago

Thanks for the pic. So you would just loosen the post and slide it down to narrow the outlane?

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

Thanks for the pic. So you would just loosen the post and slide it down to narrow the outlane?

Yes.

#597 7 years ago

Having an issue with the left troll. It pops up when it should then sometimes immediately pops back down. Sometimes it will not pop back up but usually does. I've checked connectors and wires to assembly all seems good. I bent the switch a little to trigger the hold switch to work better and this seems to help but it still has happened only fewer times. Also when I run the troll switch test the left troll occasionally shows this up down behavior. Weird

#598 7 years ago

I've been working on my MMr topper today...

MEDMAD3_(resized).jpgMEDMAD3_(resized).jpg

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from Nveld:Having an issue with the left troll. It pops up when it should then sometimes immediately pops back down. Sometimes it will not pop back up but usually does. I've checked connectors and wires to assembly all seems good. I bent the switch a little to trigger the hold switch to work better and this seems to help but it still has happened only fewer times. Also when I run the troll switch test neither the right or left troll will pop up. It just says left and right troll up switch bad. Weird. Anyone have this issue?

Are you pushing the +/- buttons with the interlock pulled in troll test? If so, I would go into switch test (interlock off) and manually push the troll mechs up to see if the switch registers.
If the switches register it should clear the error.
And the trolls will probably work again.

If the switches don't register maybe more adjusting is needed?

#600 7 years ago

Yes I am pushing +\- and troll test is fine. Last post I did not push then hence the bad results but since your post I have done the test properly. Both trolls register hits no problem only left troll sometimes drops after rising. The error message is gone but I just finished a game where in play trolls popped up then left troll sagged about a half inch stayed there for a few seconds then collapsed while the display read both trolls need to be hit 3 times. Can't figure out what is causing the collapse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 10,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.