IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 204.
#501 8 years ago

I wonder when the standards will start shipping? Anyone hear anything?

#502 8 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

2 - Cliffy protectors. I know MM has a pretty big set of cliffy's available. I've always been one who likes to take precautions against future wear. Are they really needed or does the clearcoated playfield provide enough protection that I won't need to worry?

Cliffy's are a very controversial subject. Some swear by them while others think its overkill. I personally think in a HUO environment that its not really necessary. Maybe after 15-20 years of use there will some wear and by that time you are ready to buy MMRLE2.0 VE. I'm already on the preorder list.

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

As for the blades - yes, they always look awesome regardless. I'd be more curious if he has any trouble lifting the playfield with them on. Some games seem to have no trouble while others are insanely tight.

Yes, I seem to have one of the tight ones. I wanted to put blades on my MMR but I don't think it would work it is so tight.

#504 8 years ago

Thank you for the ideas from this thread to put some Schleich toy figures into the game. I could not decide which, therefore took more or less all that fitted: the king on horse just in front of the castle (so that you can defeat the king himself), the catapult at the left to shoot at the castle, the princess at the Damsel lane and two soldiers at the side of the lower playfield.

It is now more crowded than before, for some of you possibly overcrowded, but I like it.

Enjoy the game

05_IMG_0924_(resized).JPG05_IMG_0924_(resized).JPG

03_IMG_0923_(resized).JPG03_IMG_0923_(resized).JPG

01_IMG_0922_(resized).JPG01_IMG_0922_(resized).JPG

07_IMG_0925_(resized).JPG07_IMG_0925_(resized).JPG

#505 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Cliffy's are a very controversial subject. Some swear by them while others think its overkill. I personally think in a HUO environment that its not really necessary. Maybe after 15-20 years of use there will some wear and by that time you are ready to buy MMRLE2.0 VE. I'm already on the preorder list.

My Star Wars only has two cliffys for the scoops. Both areas were visibly worn after 24 years, so I kind of saw the logic in it. Both for protection and "hiding" existing wear. But the playfield also isn't clearcoated, so I am sure that didn't help.

Looks like I won't know about the blades fitting till I actually have my machine

#506 8 years ago

So I just got home from work and checked the mail. Looks like the diffuser kit for my MMR just showed up. The diffuser is a large sheet of styrene plastic and a few smaller pieces(for the smaller led boards) and it looks like you install it in between the PF and the main board(and smaller led boards) using existing screws and holes. I have my daughter tonight so I won't be able to install it until tomorrow after work (or maybe tonight after she goes to sleep) but here are a few pics in the meantime.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#507 8 years ago

OMG! Are you kidding me? This is the solution to the light black text inserts? What a pain in the ass to fix this.

#508 8 years ago

I'm actually glad that it is one big piece for the underside of the big board instead of individual pieces for each insert that could potentially fall out. I don't think it will be too terribly hard to install it. as soon as I get a chance to to install them I will post some pics of the process

#509 8 years ago

WTF!

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#510 8 years ago

I think you need a PHD to follow those instructions. It really goes to section L with multiple steps in each section. No thanks, I'd rather live with the overly bright insert lights.

#511 8 years ago

Anyone know if they plan to factory install this on games that they are producing?

#512 8 years ago

'loose wire are out of the way and nothing is get snagged up...'

LMAO,

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#513 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

So I just got home from work and checked the mail. Looks like the diffuser kit for my MMR just showed up. The diffuser is a large sheet of styrene plastic and a few smaller pieces(for the smaller led boards) and it looks like you install it in between the PF and the main board(and smaller led boards) using existing screws and holes. I have my daughter tonight so I won't be able to install it until tomorrow after work (or maybe tonight after she goes to sleep) but here are a few pics in the meantime.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Id like to see how the inserts look after the diffuser is in place. Looks like is a pita to install, but if it looks better then, might as well get it done. To get the diffuse sheet, do you contact them at their Chicago gaming website? Thanks for posting.

#514 8 years ago

Will the MMR-Stds also need the diffusers or will this be corrected on later production pfs??

#515 8 years ago

Heard a new callout today. Something like "Save the princess. I think she likes you."

#516 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Heard a new callout today. Something like "Save the princess. I think she likes you."

I think I heard a Mortal Combat reference in one of the callouts as well

On a separate note I heard that next week is the big release for the software update and color.

#517 8 years ago

I got to BFTK tonight for the first time on my MMR (the first time ever to be honest), didn't beat it but I have to say it was without doubt my single greatest moment (and game) in this hobby, what an adrenaline rush! I mean holy crap!!! I couldn't stop shaking!!! I knew it was going to be intense, but I never saw it being THIS intense or even this FUN!! Not to mention totally unexpected, as I didn't think I would get to it for a year or two! This has been my favorite title since the beginning, but this game I had just played made it pull far beyond my other favorites, like Secretariat pulled away from the other racehorses in the Belmont Stakes, I'm never going to sell this game! It is truly the gem of my collection! Tonight opened my eyes to just how fun MM can be, don't get me wrong, it is fun in general, but DAMN!! It just got a whole lot better when I didn't think it could!! I haven't had this much fun in a long time and am ecstatic right now! Forgive me for this comment being so enthusiastic, I just cannot help myself, it was truly a top notch experience!

It's probably not the best MM score, but this is my final score and am pretty proud of it, my highest score on it so far!

20160403_003121_(resized).jpg20160403_003121_(resized).jpg
20160403_003129_(resized).jpg20160403_003129_(resized).jpg

#518 8 years ago

For the "pictures or it didn't happen" people

20160403_012911_(resized).jpg20160403_012911_(resized).jpg

#519 8 years ago

Congratulations, I have started BFTK twice now but not completed, the first time I got the same score 209mill.

I didn't know that the start mode stat was there I will have to go through my stats. Will be interesting to see how many games I have racked up in the 4 months I have been playing. My free game is up to 90 mill now with default settings.

#520 8 years ago

I did BFTK and beat it on my birthday. First and only time with otal play time about 50 mins . I still remember that final scene of the king of payne's eyes and screaming as his castle was destroyed. Took me at least an hour after to get off that adrenaline rush. I too was shaking. I will be celebrating my one year anniversary with MMR, maybe I will get a cake with candles.

Best game in the universe!

#521 8 years ago

Congrats, I love hitting the mini and real wizard modes in pins. For the casual players like myself it is such an adrenaline rush when you get there.... I usually start shaking so bad I can't even play pinball hardly haha

#522 8 years ago

Just curious how hard would it be to have the shaker engage when a ball is locked? It just seems natural, the dmd shows the castle being shook up and broken.

#523 8 years ago

I was wondering?

I haven't heard the "toasty" callout yet.
And I've hit the ramp multiple consecutive times.

What am I missing?

Edit. NM, I heard it today.

#524 8 years ago

Mmr is amazing.
Amazing build quality, amazing gameplay.
The machine is a work of art.

I'm so glad I sold my Stern ST. And changed my mind about putting the money on a ghostbusters premium. I decided on a proven game, MM.
#1 for a reason.

With updated dots it's going to be even more amazing.

#525 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Mmr is amazing.
Amazing build quality, amazing gameplay.
The machine is a work of art.
I'm so glad I sold my Stern ST. And changed my mind about putting the money on a ghostbusters premium. I decided on a proven game, MM.
#1 for a reason.
With updated dots it's going to be even more amazing.

Welcome to the club of the most amazing pinball machine in the universe!

#526 8 years ago

Much as I like my MMr do people really think it's the best game ever? Personally I'd take AC/DC or TWD over it anyday. Even only considering 90s games I prefer AFM and TAF. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game just not the best ever for me.

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Much as I like my MMr do people really think it's the best game ever? Personally I'd take AC/DC or TWD over it anyday. Even only considering 90s games I prefer AFM and TAF. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game just not the best ever for me.

MM is ranked #1 on Pinside and #4 on IPDB (higher than any of the games you mention), so clearly plenty of folks think very highly of it!

Personally, MMR would probably be my top choice game to own if money were no object. But game preferences are pretty subjective, and I'm sure you can find people on pinside that actively dislike MM. They're just relatively unlikely to be hanging out in the MMR owners club!

#528 8 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

AC/DC and TWD are great games as well, certainly in my top 10 but did not strike a cord with me the way MMR does. I just didn't like the theme of TWD will all those zombies, I have small children that hate zombies. AFM is good too and will definitely be getting AFMR but MMR has a bit more going for it. Now TAF I had for a month and had to get rid of it. I figured a way to shoot the bear ramp then to uncle fester. I was able to tour the mansion every game I played and averaged over 1 billion every game. My high score was 2.6 billion with very little effort. Shame I found that exploit because I really liked the callouts.

Have you tried MMR with a 10"sub?......sweet.

#529 8 years ago

Favorites will always be subjective, just like anything else. Personally, I've always found more deep appreciation for games that don't need to rely on a licensed name to achieve success. And while I do think many licensed games such as TAF and TZ are brilliant, I just find more appeal in a game that is capable of creating its own universe. Although the Monty Python influence is obvious.

I was one of the lucky ones who got to take an opening slot for an LE, since some of the pre-order people couldn't be reached (or couldn't pay).

I canceled my Standard preorder with Game Room Guys and hope to have my LE with black trim within the next few weeks from PPS. I just hope it arrives safely! Both excited and nervous at the same time.

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

Favorites will always be subjective, just like anything else. Personally, I've always found more deep appreciation for games that don't need to rely on a licensed name to achieve success. And while I do think many licensed games such as TAF and TZ are brilliant, I just find more appeal in a game that is capable of creating its own universe. Although the Monty Python influence is obvious.
I was one of the lucky ones who got to take an opening slot for an LE, since some of the pre-order people couldn't be reached (or couldn't pay).
I canceled my Standard preorder with Game Room Guys and hope to have my LE with black trim within the next few weeks from PPS. I just hope it arrives safely! Both excited and nervous at the same time.

Congrats on your LE

You're gonna like the black.
Been playing my black LE since Oct. CGC really did a great job when they built this pin.

#531 8 years ago

am just curious why theres a flasher dome thru playfield under apron as it does nothing???

#532 8 years ago

Ok guys I would appreciate any feedback.
Seriously considering buying MMR. Is there much difference between the standard and LE and is it worth it considering gameplay is the same.

#533 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Seriously considering buying MMR. Is there much difference between the standard and LE and is it worth it considering gameplay is the same.

Shaker motor. And that's all.
So no rumble for the castle blowing up.
Catapult firing, or troll modes.

There is no point ordering a Standard.
My local distributor has 5 gold LE's in stock for sale.
Standards will be months until they start shipping. Why tie up money for a game that is available now?
1000 machines isn't really a LE
Don't let those still waiting, or the hype fool you.

Great game, get a LE.
Shaker motor and a discount on the color dots.
And available now.

#534 8 years ago

I

Quoted from erak:Shaker motor. And that's all.
So no rumble for the castle blowing up.
Catapult firing, or troll modes.
There is no point ordering a Standard.
My local distributor has 5 gold LE's in stock for sale.
Standards will be months until they start shipping. Why tie up money for a game that is available now?
1000 machines isn't really a LE
Don't let those still waiting, or the hype fool you.
Great game, get a LE.
Shaker motor and a discount on the color dots.
And available now.

Agreed, I really don't understand why they bother with the standard. seems like the 1000 LE's is just about the right amount to meet the demand. They will probably sell about 250 standards though which I suppose is actually more "limited".

There is absolutely no doubt that the slow pace of manufacturing these pins has really pissed off a lot of people to the point where many walked away from their preorders. You really can't blame them, I would walk too if I had to wait 2 years for Ghostbusters or any other pin for that matter. That's why some distributors have a few LE's available including Starburst in Toronto having 4 of them.

Its best for CGC to limit future titles to 1000 units, make them QUICKLY and move on to the next title. Timing is everything, if CGC had completed 2000 units 2 years ago, they would have completely sold out. I just hope for CGC sake that they have learned from this experience and made the necessary changes for their next release.

#535 8 years ago

Game is not the same without the shaker motor

#536 8 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Here is my understanding of what the LE's have over the standard

A numbered LE Plaque
Available in Gold or Black Trim
Have Shaker
Thicker bottom wood piece in cabinet

Le's in states came out at $7995 and all they sold out right away, now, they $8500-$9000 for an LE and you can still order a standard for $7995.00(in stainless) Shaker can be added later

#537 8 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Here is my understanding of what the LE's have over the standard
A numbered LE Plaque
Available in Gold or Black Trim
Have Shaker
Thicker bottom wood piece in cabinet
Le's in states came out at $7995 and all they sold out right away, now, they $8500-$9000 for an LE and you can still order a standard for $7995.00(in stainless) Shaker can be added later

Or you can get it in the best trim...SS. It has a finished inside too, meaning it's all sprayed black. The bottom of the cab isn't thicker, but rather plywood instead of MDF.

#538 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The bottom of the cab isn't thicker, but rather plywood instead of MDF.

I know I know, but the fact that the bottom is made of plywood just seems to make it a different game. I'm playing the game and Im saying "wow I can really feel the effect of the plywood instead of MDF on the bottom of this pin". I walk down the street and strangers come up to me and say "hey you are the guy with plywood under your cab instead of MDF, can I have your autograph!". Birds chirp and land on my shoulder and flowers seem to bloom too as I walk by. Sometimes I sleep under my MMr looking up at the plywood too. Yup, I don't know what life would be like if I didn't have that plywood under my MMr.

#539 8 years ago

Didn't they also do something different to the backbox? Wasn't it finished differently or something in comparison to the Standard?

But yes, I agree. The differences between the two are very minimal - as if finishing the entire interior of the cabinet really takes any significant extra work. Plus, people can install the shaker motor themselves on a Standard. But then again, what should they have done that could have better differentiated the two models? When you're making a remake of a classic title, you don't want to get too crazy with the changes I wouldn't think. Stern has a bit more freedom with their model options since they're fresh games without an established legacy.

Although it's not been officially confirmed, the next remake is allegedly going to be AFM from what people are saying. And it sounds like they're not going to be taking orders until the games are practically ready to go, which is obviously a much wiser decision. There will also be more significant differences between the versions, although what those changes are, I'm not entirely sure.

#540 8 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate your thoughts. As I'm in Austarlia and we sold out here for the LEs I gues I will play the waiting game and see if someone rotates it out fast. At this stage only one has been resold. 13K AUD. It's not cheap but that's the price we pay GoT GB WoZ all around that price point. If our dollar climbs a bit more it's almost worth getting one from O/S.
I might check the Canada exchange SuperPinball it may be worth a look. Thanks again.

#541 8 years ago

Hey everyone. I am very close to taking over someone's order for an MMR-LE, but am wondering if anyone knows if the machines still being built have inserts with better black ink, and if they have the light ink, will the diffusers be installed at the factory?

Is the black ink/diffuser issue a worthy reason to not get an MMR-LE, or am I being silly for basing my decision on that? I just hate the idea of getting a defective $8000 NIB game...

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Hey everyone. I am very close to taking over someone's order for an MMR-LE, but am wondering if anyone knows if the machines still being built have inserts with better black ink, and if they have the light ink, will the diffusers be installed at the factory?
Is the black ink/diffuser issue a worthy reason to not get an MMR-LE, or am I being silly for basing my decision on that? I just hate the idea of getting a defective $8000 NIB game...

The ink thing is way overblown in my opinion. I think it was a batch of 20 games or so, and even those aren't that noticeable. I personally wouldn't be basing my decision on the ink issue. Besides, the new ones seem to be darker.

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The ink thing is way overblown in my opinion. I think it was a batch of 20 games or so, and even those aren't that noticeable. I personally wouldn't be basing my decision on the ink issue. Besides, the new ones seem to be darker.

way overblown, pages and pages of thread on this issue

#544 8 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

CGC could have quelled the hysteria by actually making a comment on it. Instead it was left to customers to share with other customers what the intended fixes were....or in some cases CGC apparently asked customers to not discuss intended fixes which just added gasoline to a spark.

#545 8 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

The coin mech thing was way overblown. But I for one would be pretty pissed if I had faded inserts on a new $8k machine, and the company refused to swap for a proper playfield. And PPS/CGC's response to the issue was abysmal. They deserve every bit of blowback they get for this.

Quoted from Pimp77:

If it was really only 20 machines, CGC is insane not to have just swapped them all out. If all this happened over only a few machines, I'm at a complete loss to explain their behavior. They created a PR fiasco to save what, a couple of thousand bucks? As I've said many times, I think PPS received lots of undeserved flack earlier in the MMR process, but the way the faded inserts were handled has been ... less than impressive.

#546 8 years ago

More than 20 for sure, as far as I'm aware all the UK games have the insert issue.

#547 8 years ago

Modding started.
All warm GI leds either color matched or switched to cool white.

Catapult Knight plastic led lit.
I bought an extra set of troll heads.
Troll led eye mod started.

First pic is before the leds were switched.

IMG_20160402_244553468_(resized).jpgIMG_20160402_244553468_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160402_191133468_(resized).jpgIMG_20160402_191133468_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160406_161508845_(resized).jpgIMG_20160406_161508845_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160407_203621634_(resized).jpgIMG_20160407_203621634_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160407_203612233_(resized).jpgIMG_20160407_203612233_(resized).jpg

#548 8 years ago

Wow that looks sick erak! Nice job on those troll eyes. How much was the second set and where did you get them from?

#549 8 years ago

Wow that looks sick erak! Nice job on those troll eyes. How much was the second set and where did you get them from?

I bought them from Playdium. They don't have any left though. And they said no plans to order more as the dollar is bad. They were old stock sitting around so I got them at $26 each.
But thy are normally $36
I priced them online $15 U.S each. But $45 U.S
Shipping. No way it's worth the price with shipping and exchange.
It comes to $96 CDN.

I just figured it be good to keep the originals.
Instead of screwing them up if I made a mistake. But it's real easy to mod them so if anyone has plans to do it don't worry about it.

#550 8 years ago

Couldn't you just get them directly from PPS?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=GS-4032&Product_Code=PPS-31-2824

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 45.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.95
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/11?hl=globalcop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.