IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 204.
#5901 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback...what's odd is that all of the rollover slots are similar to this. Here are a couple of other pics. This is a Royal...mfg date of 4/30 and delivered a week ago. Here are a couple other pics. Can someone post what they should look like on a Royal?

IMG_0622.JPGIMG_0622.JPGIMG_0623.JPGIMG_0623.JPG
#5902 3 years ago

No doubt they look rough but not a major issue to resolve. Having purchased 2 other CGC games, my mbr had no issues and my afmr had some very minor issues including what your showing in the pictures. I really don't know what your other options are. Pretty sure CGC isn't going to replace the playfield for that. What type of recourse are you looking for?

#5903 3 years ago

A Dremel will clean that up in no time. From what I can see, this is a result of the blade at the end of it's serviceable life.

#5904 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

No doubt they look rough but not a major issue to resolve. Having purchased 2 other CGC games, my mbr had no issues and my afmr had some very minor issues including what your showing in the pictures. I really don't know what your other options are. Pretty sure CGC isn't going to replace the playfield for that. What type of recourse are you looking for?

Not looking for any recourse - just looking to understand what I should expect as "normal" from a factory fresh playfield in 2020...as I stated, this is my first NIB.

Quoted from CubeSnake:

A Dremel will clean that up in no time. From what I can see, this is a result of the blade at the end of it's serviceable life.

Thanks for the feedback CubeSnake and others!

#5905 3 years ago

I think I'd try something like a nail file board. Should be able to knock that down safety. I'd be afraid that a dremel would get away from me and damage something.

#5906 3 years ago
Quoted from mbgibbs13:

Thanks for the feedback...what's odd is that all of the rollover slots are similar to this. Here are a couple of other pics. This is a Royal...mfg date of 4/30 and delivered a week ago. Here are a couple other pics. Can someone post what they should look like on a Royal?[quoted image][quoted image]

The only one I would be concerned with is the one pictured below, it appears to have gotten into the artwork.

9102C881-E07C-4B57-AF52-96792AFA0AF8 (resized).jpeg9102C881-E07C-4B57-AF52-96792AFA0AF8 (resized).jpeg
#5907 3 years ago

That small impression is on all of my games, CGC and Stern, it’s designed to give the ball a center track so it always hits the switch dead center. I don’t have any games older than 1995, but all have this same feature.

The wood at the underside of the playfield is easy to clean up but arguably shouldn’t be there.

#5908 3 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

That small impression is on all of my games, CGC and Stern, it’s designed to give the ball a center track so it always hits the switch dead center. I don’t have any games older than 1995, but all have this same feature.
The wood at the underside of the playfield is easy to clean up but arguably shouldn’t be there.

Awesome intel, thanks sir! I never noticed the small impression on my '04 POTC before I sold it and my TOM does not have any indentations/impressions on the top/bottom of the slots. Great to know that's part of the design even if it looks a bit rough. Thanks for clearing that up for me. As others have suggested, I'll take some sandpaper/small file and trim it up.

#5909 3 years ago

I went to check out my two original play fields for TAF and CV that I swapped. CV does not have the indents. TAF does. Maybe it’s about who made the playfield? TAC is Lenc Smith, and CV is CCC.

Now I want to know the history of this

#5910 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

How long you been waiting?

October 30th 2019.

#5911 3 years ago

Got my MMRRE setup this weekend! No major issues.

From first ball launch. Looks and plays like a dream! Zero dialing in required. I couldn’t be happier!

Do be careful putting the legs on.

With mine I noticed the glitter in the paint can make some of the edges of the legs serrated causing them to bite into the cab after being tightened down (even if you don’t over tighten!!!)

I have put some folded paper into those areas to protect the cab art from further damage!

Gonna install my mods next!

Someone had a cool damsel mod. I gotta find that.

94F878C9-6032-4183-B33C-3A2F81ED469D (resized).jpeg94F878C9-6032-4183-B33C-3A2F81ED469D (resized).jpeg98041EF0-4534-4946-8402-A3295734C302 (resized).jpeg98041EF0-4534-4946-8402-A3295734C302 (resized).jpegD84FCF88-5E6C-4205-BAF2-8AC7BA14BDAA (resized).jpegD84FCF88-5E6C-4205-BAF2-8AC7BA14BDAA (resized).jpeg55D161B0-E228-422D-B185-5E89E9DB334A (resized).jpeg55D161B0-E228-422D-B185-5E89E9DB334A (resized).jpegA4EFA167-697C-4E86-82BE-996615873931 (resized).jpegA4EFA167-697C-4E86-82BE-996615873931 (resized).jpeg

#5912 3 years ago

Is there any reason for switching to PDI Optical non glare glass on the MMRRE?

#5913 3 years ago
Quoted from Zorada54:

I just installed it on my MMR and it was a night and day difference given my rooms lighting. Before I put it in, there we’re times when the combination of certain GI colors and my recessed lighting made me lose track of the ball. Two thumbs up for PDI+MMR from me.

#5914 3 years ago
Quoted from Zorada54:

Yeah, it's definitely worth it, at times my kids don't even think there's glass on the machine. I would get it while you can, it sells out at a decent rate and then it takes them a while to get it back in stock. Order multiple sheets if you have more then one pin, because they'll charge you the same for shipping whether it's one sheet of glass or multiple.

#5915 3 years ago

Well, looks like mine arrives tomorrow...after the 5000k mile run around. So I have that going for me....

#5916 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

With mine I noticed the glitter in the paint can make some of the edges of the legs serrated causing them to bite into the cab after being tightened down (even if you don’t over tighten!!!)

Yikes, anyone have a recommendation for leg protectors for the RE? Thinking I should order some before mine arrives.

#5917 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Well, looks like mine arrives tomorrow...after the 5000k mile run around. So I have that going for me....

Great. Your game got a vacation and you didn't.

Enjoy it, it is an amazing game !
LTG : )

#5918 3 years ago

Nice. Still have no clue if mine has shipped. Cointaker keeps saying it is but no indication.

#5919 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Nice. Still have no clue if mine has shipped. Cointaker keeps saying it is but no indication.

Yeah, I'm still waiting on the good word from my vendor. Pleased to see all the exciting unboxings, but have to admit a tinge of jealously is setting in the longer the wait goes on.

#5920 3 years ago
Quoted from hoopybox:

Yikes, anyone have a recommendation for leg protectors for the RE? Thinking I should order some before mine arrives.

I put these on mine: https://www.pinballlife.com/pinguard-cabinet-protectors-set-of-4.html

I bought clear for some games and black for other games. On the RE, I like the way black looks. My MBr clear looks great. I have not tried other colors.

#5921 3 years ago

To my understanding, and already owning a CGC MBrLE, and currently own a MMrRE, the leg protectors are metal and installed at the factory. Both my CGC remakes have metal protectors. Also my understanding is to NOT USE the plastic ones that pinballlife sells on CGC remake machines. I may very well be wrong. Just be careful. I have those plastic ones for my older Bally Williams machines. Not for new ones. I’m pretty sure it can mess up the decals. LTG probably knows best

#5922 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Great. Your game got a vacation and you didn't.
Enjoy it, it is an amazing game !

Lol. So true. It actually went to AZ and back in about 9 days....more vacation time than me so far this year. But good news is R&L is delivering tomorrow morning!

#5923 3 years ago

Leg protectors are a controversial topic. A quick search will tell you what I mean with lots of pics of damage.

Here is are a couple examples:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/leg-protectors/page/2
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-divided-opinion-leg-protectors-or-not#post-5599238

The big plastic, pinguard, pincab ones are good at covering up existing damage, but they will rub and wrinkle the decals on your cabinet in time and cause wear. I would strongly advise not putting them on a new game.

The smaller metal ones that fit behind the legs work well for new and I think someone mentioned they are possibly included on MMR?

Otherwise the felt ones work too.

#5924 3 years ago

I was removing some leftover wax that had worked its way under the starposts of my slingshots. When I was removing the uppermost starpost bolt/nut, I didn't realize it shared the anchor that goes thru and helps secure the left playfield safety bracket.

The other starposts bolts are secured differently than this one, and so when I went to remove it, I over-torqued the bolt and it broke.

I need the part# replacement and can't find it in the manual.

EDIT: Found the part...
Post stud 8-32 x 2-3/8 inches 5/16 drive
#02-4425-1

In the meantime, I guess I'll pay the hardware store a visit.

IMG_1135 (resized).jpgIMG_1135 (resized).jpgIMG_1136 (resized).jpgIMG_1136 (resized).jpgIMG_1137 (resized).jpgIMG_1137 (resized).jpgIMG_1138 (resized).jpgIMG_1138 (resized).jpg

Added over 4 years ago:

This is the required post:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4425-3

#5925 3 years ago

Ugh. That really sucks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5926 3 years ago

I just put adhesive felt on the inside of the legs to protect the cabinet. I would not put the plastic ones on ever again. Those are really nice to cover up damage. But for a new decaled game I will never use them again.

#5927 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Yeah, it's definitely worth it, at times my kids don't even think there's glass on the machine. I would get it while you can, it sells out at a decent rate and then it takes them a while to get it back in stock. Order multiple sheets if you have more then one pin, because they'll charge you the same for shipping whether it's one sheet of glass or multiple.

TonyVrd Thanks for the tip on the glass. Did you have to make any adjustments to the glass when received assuming you ordered the standard size?

#5928 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I was removing some leftover wax that had worked its way under the starposts of my slingshots. When I was removing the uppermost starpost bolt/nut, I didn't realize it shared the anchor that goes thru and helps secure the left playfield safety bracket.
The other starposts bolts are secured differently than this one, and so when I went to remove it, I over-torqued the bolt and it broke.
I need the part# replacement and can't find it in the manual.
In the meantime, I guess I'll pay the hardware store a visit.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You won't find that at a hardware store. Reach out to CGC and see if you get a kindness. Otherwise, that part is available at a few places if they say no.

#5929 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I just put adhesive felt on the inside of the legs to protect the cabinet. I would not put the plastic ones on ever again. Those are really nice to cover up damage. But for a new decaled game I will never use them again.

I use felt also

#5930 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

New to hobby and looking for perspective on why. Why wouldn’t you use them? The protectors never touch the decal. It sits between the metal protectors and the metal legs. I attached a picture showing the card slides in easily between the cabinet and the plastic protectors.

CF99259B-8FD6-4F76-9827-A2A7E9F58918 (resized).jpegCF99259B-8FD6-4F76-9827-A2A7E9F58918 (resized).jpegD1A44FED-3CE9-4779-97D0-8E4AEABAB1E1 (resized).jpegD1A44FED-3CE9-4779-97D0-8E4AEABAB1E1 (resized).jpeg
#5931 3 years ago

Hmm looking at this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/117#post-5633344
It looks like there are factory protectors - dashv Did the rough paint stick out that far or did yours not have the metal plates?

#5932 3 years ago
Quoted from Zorada54:

tonyvrd Thanks for the tip on the glass. Did you have to make any adjustments to the glass when received assuming you ordered the standard size?

Yes, standard size, no special adjustments, same sizing specifications as the one that comes on the machine. On a separate note, they sell a cleaning kit for the glass on PDI, but over priced, just use an ammonia free glass cleaner, some new microfiber towels you strictly dedicate to the glass, one to apply, one to wipe off, and one to dry off/detail and you’re good

#5933 3 years ago

So, proud owner of 4114 today! Just curious, my volume wont go below 8. Will go up to whatever, but wont go below 8. I don't see anything obvious in settings that I need to change. Any thoughts?

#5934 3 years ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

So, proud owner of 4114 today! Just curious, my volume wont go below 8. Will go up to whatever, but wont go below 8. I don't see anything obvious in settings that I need to change. Any thoughts?

Adjustments - Standard - A.1 28 Minimum Volume Over Ride - set to on.

#5935 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjustments - Standard - A.1 28 Minimum Volume Over Ride - set to on.

Thanks, Lloyd, I'll give it a go!

#5936 3 years ago

FWIW, my AFMr came with metal protectors pre-installed:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5937 3 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

I just swapped out my battery and also had a substance on it....I am pretty sure it’s battery acid. Swapping out did not fix for me...I am worried the battery compartment could be damaged from the leakage. Not sure if there is a way to test.

I had the same issue (no time progress while machine is off and a white substance on the battery) and tested the battery to check if it was at fault. It was showing full voltage on the tester, so the battery is ok. :shrug. Not sure if the white stuff is avoiding battery to make proper contact

#5938 3 years ago

I have the RE and noticed that the ball always bounces a little bit before entering the left flipper, this makes it very hard to hit the ramp to the princess castle. Any advice on what adjustment I need to make to fix this? (This is my first pinball). This video shows the problem:

https://vimeo.com/417465049

thanks!

#5939 3 years ago

You should be able to loosen and raise up the lane guide metal and platic a little bit

#5940 3 years ago

Looks ok...but top of box open/crushed...

IMG_20200512_110653516 (resized).jpgIMG_20200512_110653516 (resized).jpgIMG_20200512_110658959 (resized).jpgIMG_20200512_110658959 (resized).jpgIMG_20200512_110710605 (resized).jpgIMG_20200512_110710605 (resized).jpgIMG_20200512_110738148 (resized).jpgIMG_20200512_110738148 (resized).jpg
#5941 3 years ago

Yikes. Did you accept?

#5942 3 years ago

Yikes. Did you accept?

Yes. Machine looks untouched. It's the open space inside the box.

I'll be opening it up in a few hours when I get back.

#5943 3 years ago

Just got my RE shipping notice! Anyone in the market for a lightly used mmrLE in gold?

Would you all have refused that delivery above? I’m wondering what I would do if mine arrives like that.

#5944 3 years ago

That's a tough call. Even though it looks like nothing was damaged, maybe it was and you wouldn't know until its unboxed. Worst part of getting a game shipped-seeing the box damaged and having to make a decision. I don't think most drivers will wait while you unbox. Could be wrong.

#5945 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

That's a tough call. Even though it looks like nothing was damaged, maybe it was and you wouldn't know until its unboxed. Worst part of getting a game shipped-seeing the box damaged and having to make a decision. I don't think most drivers will wait while you unbox. Could be wrong.

They they have to wait. If you make them

#5946 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Just got my RE shipping notice! Anyone in the market for a lightly used mmrLE in gold?
Would you all have refused that delivery above? I’m wondering what I would do if mine arrives like that.

Unless you got a tracking number it’s going nowhere. Same thing happened to me. Also heard they may get fined for staying open. Could be closed soon.

#5947 3 years ago

Shoot. Well that would suck but i can be patient. It’s not supposed to ship till Friday so I guess you could be right. We will see.

Unless you got a tracking number it’s going nowhere. Same thing happened to me. Also heard they may get fined for staying open. Could be closed soon.

#5948 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Shoot. Well that would suck but i can be patient. It’s not supposed to ship till Friday so I guess you could be right. We will see.

Mine was supposed ship last Tuesday, Wednesday, then Friday. It’s now a week later.

#5949 3 years ago

Mine was supposed ship last Tuesday, Wednesday, then Friday. It’s now a week later.

I’m also not patient. But if they do close then that will really suck.

#5950 3 years ago

\
Yikes. Sad to see what weeks worth of unneeded travel has done. Sure hope everything is safe inside.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.