IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 204.
#5851 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Can anyone confirm if its gold, or silver/diamond flake?

I don't see any gold on mine. Looks more silver to me.

20200422_095918 (resized).jpg20200422_095918 (resized).jpg
#5852 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I don't see any gold on mine. Looks more silver to me.

I wonder if lighting effects it ? At Expo I thought it more gold.

Maybe more Royal owners will chime in. Please.

LTG : )

#5853 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had this exact issue.inside the damsel castle, there is a lip the ball gets stuck on. Unfortunately, you need to remove the right ramp, remove the screw on the top of the castle, slide a #8 nut underneath the screw so as to raise the castle a bit. This allows the ball to drop down more rather than get stuck on the lip. If I were designing the game, that lip would be gone. When you remove the ramp, put your finger in there and you'll feel it.

Damsel Tower stuck/trapped ball issue:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/22#post-3551001

This should be a KEY POST.

I followed Rob's advice here...didn't have to take the entire right ramp off, but just loosened it enough to move it just enough out of the way to get access to the screw on top of the damsel tower. I slid a #8 nut underneath and then re-screwed the damsel tower's screw back thru the top of the plastic damsel tower, and then into the #8 nut. The tower now is just a little bit higher which allows the ball trapped by the damsel tower diverter to completely drop free now instead of getting hung up on the tower plastic lip.

NOTE: Pics of the damsel tower are BEFORE and AFTER.

Right Troll trapped ball issue:

The other advice I took was LTG's on the right troll. I put the trolls into test and raised the right troll. I put a micro-fiber towel down on my playfield to protect it, then I took a tool to slightly bend the metal guide behind the right troll upward. This gives it just a bit more of an angle to stop those annoying trapped balls behind the right troll. No more SDTM drains after a trapped ball behind the right troll after a ball search.
IMG_1011 (resized).jpgIMG_1011 (resized).jpgIMG_1012 (resized).jpgIMG_1012 (resized).jpgIMG_1014 (resized).jpgIMG_1014 (resized).jpg

#5854 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wonder if lighting effects it ? At Expo I thought it more gold.
Maybe more Royal owners will chime in. Please.

Mine looks like silver also.

368A64BB-6708-42ED-9DFC-3D591D5B873E (resized).jpeg368A64BB-6708-42ED-9DFC-3D591D5B873E (resized).jpeg
#5855 3 years ago

It's definitely silver flake, the black color may give the illusion of slightly different color.

I'm very happy with the amount of flake in the color and the smooth finish of the powder coat, I'm not a fan of the orange peel look.

Oh I'm #4109 first NIB purchase and I'm very happy with it with no issues.

20200507_194022 (resized).jpg20200507_194022 (resized).jpg
#5856 3 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

It's definitely silver flake, the black color may give the illusion of slightly different color.
I'm very happy with the amount of flake in the color and the smooth finish of the powder coat, I'm not a fan of the orange peel look.
Oh I'm #4109 first NIB purchase and I'm very happy with it with no issues.
[quoted image]

Reminds me of the powder on Batman 66 LE.

#5857 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

I’m proud to present my artwork for my alternate Medieval Madness Translite and Acrylic Backglass, (officially licensed from Williams) is now available!

Dammit - you've twisted my arm. If I'm going to splash out on the Royal Edition, I really should have your backglass to go with it. Bravo, sir!

#5858 3 years ago

I got a PM (thank you!) about a possible chip visible below the picture I posted below my right troll on my MMR Royal. I thought I'd post a picture here to rest any concerns...that's not a chip.

I gave the playfield a good wax after I unboxed it and it was just some leftover wax that I failed to clean up.

The build quality on the MMR 2019/'20 editions is IMO the standard premium product that CGC has delivered in the past. The only issues I've had out of the box has been the adjustment I had to make to the metal bracket on the back of the right troll and the plastic lip inside the damsel tower mold, both of which I documented just a few posts above this one.

My only gripe about this transaction is the same that's been made about CGC many times...CGC consistently takes forever to go from the game announcement to finally shipping a game, and during that time they offer almost no regular communication on production updates, especially when they repeatedly miss previously proposed production dates, and CGC keeps their distributors clueless so they can't accurately advise their customers of anything related to status, leaving customers like me extremely frustrated. When CGC does finally get the game in your hands...you cannot question the build quality. It’s always a premium product. The MM Royal Editions is their best effort to date. It was definitely worth the wait, but it was the most painful wait I've yet experienced with my NIB collection to date.

IMG_1016 (resized).jpgIMG_1016 (resized).jpg

#5859 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

The build quality on the MMR 2019/'20 editions is IMO the standard premium product that CGC has delivered in the past. The only issues I've had out of the box has been the adjustment I had to make to the metal bracket on the back of the right troll and the plastic lip inside the damsel tower mold, both of which I documented just a few posts above this one.
[quoted image]

I have had the exact opposite experience. I have so many different issues on mine. I have to say support has been great through LTG / CCG But I still have issues, not what I expected on a new machine.

Catapult sometimes launches the ball too far down the ramp where it hits the switch on the top of the ramp
Decals are not clearly cut on the front side and it delaminating. Big difference compared to my MBr and AFMr which are super tight and straight.
Left jet switch error. Test fine, but when I turn it on I get the switch 53 error
Right troll up switch error, switch 74 On start up
Ding in the head unit
Right troll does not register hits all time. Sometimes my right troll does not come up at all. I have adjusted the switch but it is not working all the time
Merlins magic takes 3/4 times to eject the ball (I have not put a washer on the solenoid unit seems to be the wrong type of fix for a brand new machine)
Date and time do not stay set.

I had a MMrLE with no issues so this is frustrating that we liked so much we decided to sell it and buy this NIB. Thinking through the buy a MMrRE or update a MMrLE edition it makes more sense to upgrade and sell the old parts (speaker and screen) The only thing you lose is the power coating.

I did talk to Ryan at CGC and he said when the stay at home lifts I can bring it in to get dialed in. So I am happy that they will take care of everything but it seems like I have that one unit that is cursed.

#5860 3 years ago

Hi, I assembled my RE yesterday and this is my first machine that I own. Wondering what is is spare part for?

IMG_20200508_144333.jpgIMG_20200508_144333.jpg
#5861 3 years ago
Quoted from WishyWashyPony:

Wondering what is is spare part for?

Flipper spacer gauge.

#5862 3 years ago

Wondering what is is spare part for?

#5863 3 years ago

Hi, I assembled my RE yesterday and this is my first machine that I own. Wondering what is is spare part for?
[quoted image]

Flipper gauge (great video) and I think thats power cord plate that gets installed in the back of the game

#5864 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I got a PM (thank you!) about a possible chip visible below the picture I posted below my right troll on my MMR Royal. I thought I'd post a picture here to rest any concerns...that's not a chip.
[quoted image]

That's not a chip.....that's a chip.
Been there since day 1. Not a big deal to me and hasn't gotten worse.
20200317_141613 (resized).jpg20200317_141613 (resized).jpg

#5865 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

[quoted image]

Isn’t there a cliffy for Merlin that will cover and protect that anyway?

Anyone know if there’s a difference between the MMr CliffYs and regular MM Cliffys?

#5866 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Isn’t there a cliffy for Merlin that will cover and protect that anyway?
Anyone know if there’s a difference between the MMr CliffYs and regular MM Cliffys?

There is no Cliffy for the MM merlin hole, but there does exist a protector for the merlin hole:
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=186

The Cliffy's for the original MM will fit the MMR. The MMR SE and Royals are coming with outhole drain protectors already installed, so if you're buying the Cliffy MM kit, you can skip the outhole protector. Right now, I have an extra Cliffy for the outhole.

Here's what the pre-installed outhole drain looks like on the SE and Royal:

IMG_1036 (resized).jpgIMG_1036 (resized).jpg
#5867 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

There is no Cliffy for the MM merlin hole, but there does exist a protector for the merlin hole:

Cliffy does make a protector for the MM hole. It's a carbon fiber looking press-on that looks terrific. Covers the same area as the pinbits version.
Contact Cliff because I don't think it's listed in the MM/MMR kit.

#5868 3 years ago

As much as I love most Cliffy's I ordered the complete set from Mantis for my Royal on the advice from another Pinsider. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

#5869 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

As much as I love most Cliffy's I ordered the complete set from Mantis for my Royal on the advice from another Pinsider. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Their not the same protectors....I used a combo of Cliff's and Mantis

#5870 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Cliffy does make a protector for the MM hole. It's a carbon fiber looking press-on that looks terrific. Covers the same area as the pinbits version.

Its not....I have the same protector on mine...the game already came with a mantis style protector

#5871 3 years ago

Got my royal delivered yesterday. Such a great overall package. This is my second CGC machine and the overall build quality just feels more solid than my Stern’s. I do get the date and time not set error every time a turn it on - seems like that might be a software glitch on all the machines.

#5872 3 years ago

From the pictures I've seen, the Merlin hole doesn't come with any protector including the most recent from Timboch who has a small chip in that area. Are you sure your not talking about the castle hole area.

#5873 3 years ago

My RE had no protector at Merlin scoop, I installed a Mantis there. I also installed the Mantis protectors for behind the castle, the moat upkick and the drawbridge/lock entry. There were no protectors already in place in these areas on mine. The only area that had a metal protector already is the ball drain hole under the apron.

I’ve seen it mentioned a few times that there is a metal Merlin protector from the factory on these RE’s and I don’t think that’s the case. If it is they forgot mine

#5874 3 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Oops, my bad. You’re right. I was thinking in the terms of his metal protectors.

#5875 3 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

Got my royal delivered yesterday. Such a great overall package. This is my second CGC machine and the overall build quality just feels more solid than my Stern’s. I do get the date and time not set error every time a turn it on - seems like that might be a software glitch on all the machines.

I have this problem as well, every now and then. What is consistent is that the clock timer doesn't run when the game is off, not sure if that's just how these remakes work? Either way I opened a case for both issues, we'll see what they say. Maybe just a bad battery?

Hey evh347 did that new battery fix things for you, is your game keeping time and running the clock when off?

#5876 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I have this problem as well, every now and then. What is consistent is that the clock timer doesn't run when the game is off, not sure if that's just how these remakes work? Either way I opened a case for both issues, we'll see what they say. Maybe just a bad battery?
Hey evh347 did that new battery fix things for you, is your game keeping time and running the clock when off?

I opened a ticket with CGC on the date/time not holding while the game is powered off. The response I got was that I should replace the CR2032 battery. So I did. Initially, there was no change in behavior, but I may have been premature on assuming it was not fixed. The last couple days, the date/time clock seems to be running in the background while the machine is powered off. The tech did say he was going to escalate to an engineer before I realized the date/time was moving normally, albeit slow.

TimBoch reported what looked like white grease on the back of his stock CR2032 Battery and it was on the board too when he went to clean it off with a Q-tip. I had a bit of that white grease on my battery too, but I didn’t think about checking the board at the time.

The other remakes in my collection have not had a date/time advancement problem.

#5877 3 years ago

Does the royal edition have a serial numbered plaque?

#5878 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I opened a ticket with CGC on the date/time not holding while the game is powered off. The response I got was that I should replace the CR2032 battery. So I did. Initially, there was no change in behavior, but I may have been premature on assuming it was not fixed. The last couple days, the dat/time clock seems to be running in the background while the machine is powered off. The tech did say he was going to escalate to an engineer before I realized the date/time was moving normally, albeit slow.
Timboch reported what looked like white grease on the back of his stock CR2032 Battery and it was on the board too when he went to clean it off with a Q-tip. I had a bit of that white grease on my battery too, but I didn’t think about checking the board at the time.
The other remakes in my collection have not had a date/time advancement problem.

I just swapped out my battery and also had a substance on it....I am pretty sure it’s battery acid. Swapping out did not fix for me...I am worried the battery compartment could be damaged from the leakage. Not sure if there is a way to test.

#5879 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Does the royal edition have a serial numbered plaque?

No, no numbered plaques.

CGC Ryan has said in the past that the production of the new MMr editions was going to be limited to 500, but the number of Royals specifically produced out of that 500 was not limited. Might be 40, might be 350..so who knows? After this run, he said MM remakes would be ‘done for ahwile’. He didn’t say they would never be made again, but he said CGC would be ‘moving on to something else’.

Owners of the original run of MMr can order the upgraded GI, topper, ‘enhanced’ sound system, and the HD upgraded display and essentially make their machine a Royal Edition as well. I suppose the only thing left would be to add mirror blades, add a shaker, and powder coat all of the armor...that’s essentially a Royal Edition right there.

#5880 3 years ago

Full disclosure, I am complete newb when it comes to pinball so please be understanding in your replies. I collect early 80s arcade games. I own two other pins that I just bought several months back now which my family has enjoyed the hell out of. So I decided to get new MM royal edition and this is my first NIB purchase. Been following this thread ever since then. I have to be honest, all of these issues out of the box that people are experiencing is concerning. Unlike everyone else posting here, I did not grow up playing this game. So identifying and fixing these problems is going to be challenging to say the least. It’s not that I expect these games to be problem free, but it would be nice to get eased into these issues one at a time.

I have not gotten my game yet, and unlike others here, I am happy to wait as long as possible for delivery due to covid and an immune suppressed person in the house. Does anyone know if these games are still in the process of being finished, and if so, are these problems being addressed with the remaining games that have yet to be shipped?

Thanks for any info and words of advice.

#5881 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

[quoted image]

I had the exact same one. Happened in the first couple plays.

#5882 3 years ago

Where does the 3d princess mod come from?

#5883 3 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

Full disclosure, I am complete newb when it comes to pinball so please be understanding in your replies. I collect early 80s arcade games. I own two other pins that I just bought several months back now which my family has enjoyed the hell out of. So I decided to get new MM royal edition and this is my first NIB purchase. Been following this thread ever since then. I have to be honest, all of these issues out of the box that people are experiencing is concerning. Unlike everyone else posting here, I did not grow up playing this game. So identifying and fixing these problems is going to be challenging to say the least. It’s not that I expect these games to be problem free, but it would be nice to get eased into these issues one at a time.
I have not gotten my game yet, and unlike others here, I am happy to wait as long as possible for delivery due to covid and an immune suppressed person in the house. Does anyone know if these games are still in the process of being finished, and if so, are these problems being addressed with the remaining games that have yet to be shipped?

I am actually concerned too. Haven’t received mine. After hearing the various issues for the price I am on edge. If mine has not left factory I am having gripes about canceling. Trying not to be to nervous. Every manufacturer has issues but boy the is a top tier game and price.

#5884 3 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

As far as new in box pinballs go, my experience with CGC has been very good. The issues are very minor and easily corrected. I've had no issues on my MMR that affect game play or my enjoyment of the game. CGC will take care of you if there are issues, so I wouldn't worry. And if you do have a couple things to deal with, it's a good way to learn how to tweak these things. Over the life of the machine there will be little things here and there, but for the most part in a home use environment they are really really low maintenance. Welcome to the hobby, you're in the right place for advice, help and like minded folks who just want to have fun flipping.

#5885 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I opened a ticket with CGC on the date/time not holding while the game is powered off. The response I got was that I should replace the CR2032 battery. So I did. Initially, there was no change in behavior, but I may have been premature on assuming it was not fixed. The last couple days, the date/time clock seems to be running in the background while the machine is powered off. The tech did say he was going to escalate to an engineer before I realized the date/time was moving normally, albeit slow.
Timboch reported what looked like white grease on the back of his stock CR2032 Battery and it was on the board too when he went to clean it off with a Q-tip. I had a bit of that white grease on my battery too, but I didn’t think about checking the board at the time.

Thanks, I'll swap the battery and see if that fixes it, mine had the white crap too fwiw. I cleaned it off but still no joy holding the time.

#5886 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

As far as new in box pinballs go, my experience with CGC has been very good. The issues are very minor and easily corrected. I've had no issues on my MMR that affect game play or my enjoyment of the game. CGC will take care of you if there are issues, so I wouldn't worry. And if you do have a couple things to deal with, it's a good way to learn how to tweak these things. Over the life of the machine there will be little things here and there, but for the most part in a home use environment they are really really low maintenance. Welcome to the hobby, you're in the right place for advice, help and like minded folks who just want to have fun flipping.

Thanks for posting this.

#5887 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Why tear it apart.
I'd put a cloth down to protect the playfield. Pull the troll mech up and grab the side of the carriage in the jaws of a vice grip. So it can't fall back down into the playfield. Then adjust the rear blade with a point ( leaf blade ) bender or flat nosed pliers. Adjust as close to the fiberboard spacers of the leaf blades as you can.
The remove the vise grip and lower the troll mech back down.
Try a game or two. A tweak or two and you should be good to go.

Hi LTG,

We have a new MMr SE and and wanted to adjust the sensitivity of the Trolls since it seemed like hard hits did not always register. I followed your easy directions and made a mild adjustment to the rear blade on each Troll.

However now when the machine is turned on we are getting "Left Troll Up Switch Bad" and "Right Troll Up Switch Bad."

Looking at the Troll mechanism from below the playfield I can see what I assume are the Up switches on the Trolls, and I had not touched them. I tried moving the rear blade back a little guessing that if there is continuous contact that could cause an error trigger a lockout. (Not knowing anything about the logic of the circuit.) After doing so the error is still present.

Thoughts?

#5888 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Owners of the original run of MMr can order the upgraded GI, topper, ‘enhanced’ sound system, and the HD upgraded display and essentially make their machine a Royal Edition as well. I suppose the only thing left would be to add mirror blades, add a shaker, and powder coat all of the armor...that’s essentially a Royal Edition right there.

MMR LE came with a shaker and armour already done - I've got the upgrade kit on the way.

#5889 3 years ago

Up switch I believe is the leaf blade switch on the troll face. Are they stuck closed ?

Easy to check the switches. Below the playfield on the side of the mech that lets the game know if the troll carriage is up or down, and the troll face switch. Please go into Tests - Switch Edge - and manually trigger them and see if they work or not.

#5890 3 years ago

I know the Royals are not necessarily numbered, but doesn’t anyone know a good metal smith that could maybe engrave something cool for the lockdown bar like on the MBrLE? I have both, MBrLE and MMrRE and I think it would be cool if someone could make a “royal edition” metal plaque for the front lock down bar. Feedback? Thoughts? Anyone know anyone? LOL

#5891 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

I know the Royals are not necessarily numbered, but doesn’t anyone know a good metal smith that could maybe engrave something cool for the lockdown bar like on the MBrLE? I have both, MBrLE and MMrRE and I think it would be cool if someone could make a “royal edition” metal plaque for the front lock down bar. Feedback? Thoughts? Anyone know anyone? LOL

stick a Ferrari bafe on your Honda too?

#5892 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Up switch I believe is the leaf blade switch on the troll face. Are they stuck closed ?
Easy to check the switches. Below the playfield on the side of the mech that lets the game know if the troll carriage is up or down, and the troll face switch. Please go into Tests - Switch Edge - and manually trigger them and see if they work or not.

It's all working now.

Once I re-read the whole section of the manual and enabled the 50V interlock, I was able to test and reset the Up switches. (Funny how that works )

All is better now, including the Troll sensitivity. Thanks for the gouge on tweaking the sensitivity.

Cheers!

#5893 3 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Where does the 3d princess mod come from?

I got it from here:
ebay.com link: Medieval Madness Remake Pinball 3D DAMSEL Princess Mod Pink Or Blue MM MMR

He also sells a lighting kit (I did not buy), but I would question if it's compatible with the new editions as the GI in the SE/Royal editions is different:
ebay.com link: MEDIEVAL MADNESS Pinball Damsel Light Mod MMR REMAKE

#5894 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I got it from here:
ebay.com link » Medieval Madness Remake Pinball 3d Damsel Princess Mod Pink Or Blue Mm Mmr
He also sells a lighting kit (I did not buy), but I would question if it's compatible with the new editions as the GI in the SE/Royal editions is different:
ebay.com link » Medieval Madness Pinball Damsel Light Mod Mmr Remake

Thank you!

#5895 3 years ago
Quoted from antbanks:

My 2 cents... The forum is a wealth of data in regard to diagnostics and repairs. Things will go wrong. That is the nature of the beast, as they say. Fortunately, there is a lot of information available to you if needed. One thing about pins is that you just can't just pop down to the repair shop and get it fixed. Hard to transport among other things. Most repairs you will have to do yourself. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing as in most cases it is faster and easier to do it "in-house". I found out in short order after purchasing an AFM remake from CGC a year and half ago that I needed a dedicated tool kit for that machine, including; small wrenches, 1/4" ratchet set, soldering iron and solder. It is imperative that you have a bunch of new balls on hand and change them out as they wear. Also, playfield wax. Everyone has their favorite go to for wax and it is seldom to find people who agree, but a contrary wax is better than no wax. It is a good idea to have spare parts on hand such as flipper bushings and rubbers. CGC is easy to deal with is you have mech or electronics failures, but wear parts are cheap and should be stocked by you. Planetary Pinball is the official parts distributor for CGC and are quite helpful if you have general questions or you are looking for parts and don't know what to specifically ask for. Maintenance is key to longevity. Play often, maintenance often.

So, on to the second part............ How long will it take to get your new MMR?...................I can't speak to the timeframe of delivery, no one can that I am aware of. However, as fast as people are posting that their MMr's are being received and "final payments" are being requested, I believe that the assembly line in Illinois is moving again. OC pinball asked me for final payment on Monday of this week, I am confident that will get it soon. dammit I hope I get it soon.. haha.

#5896 3 years ago
Quoted from RooDoom:

My 2 cents... The forum is a wealth of data in regard to diagnostics and repairs. Things will go wrong. That is the nature of the beast, as they say. Fortunately, there is a lot of information available to you if needed. One thing about pins is that you just can't just pop down to the repair shop and get it fixed. Hard to transport among other things. Most repairs you will have to do yourself. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing as in most cases it is faster and easier to do it "in-house". I found out in short order after purchasing an AFM remake from CGC a year and half ago that I needed a dedicated tool kit for that machine, including; small wrenches, 1/4" ratchet set, soldering iron and solder. It is imperative that you have a bunch of new balls on hand and change them out as they wear. Also, playfield wax. Everyone has their favorite go to for wax and it is seldom to find people who agree, but a contrary wax is better than no wax. It is a good idea to have spare parts on hand such as flipper bushings and rubbers. CGC is easy to deal with is you have mech or electronics failures, but wear parts are cheap and should be stocked by you. Planetary Pinball is the official parts distributor for CGC and are quite helpful if you have general questions or you are looking for parts and don't know what to specifically ask for. Maintenance is key to longevity. Play often, maintenance often.
So, on to the second part............ How long will it take to get your new MMR?...................I can't speak to the timeframe of delivery, no one can that I am aware of. However, as fast as people are posting that their MMr's are being received and "final payments" are being requested, I believe that the assembly line in Illinois is moving again. OC pinball asked me for final payment on Monday of this week, I am confident that will get it soon. dammit I hope I get it soon.. haha.

How long you been waiting?

#5897 3 years ago

Quick and possibly dumb question...this is my first NIB and only my 3rd pin ever. The rollover switch slots are very rough - all of them look like they've been "cut" or even "crushed" with a blade and it doesn't look clean. I've attached a couple of pics that don't really do it justice. My other two pins aren't like this - maybe that's just from wear over time.

So the question is - are the rollover switch slots supposed to look like this on a brand new playfield?

IMG_0620.JPGIMG_0620.JPGIMG_0625.JPGIMG_0625.JPG
#5898 3 years ago
Quoted from mbgibbs13:

Quick and possibly dumb question...this is my first NIB and only my 3rd pin ever. The rollover switch slots are very rough - all of them look like they've been "cut" or even "crushed" with a blade and it doesn't look clean. I've attached a couple of pics that don't really do it justice. My other two pins aren't like this - maybe that's just from wear over time.
So the question is - are the rollover switch slots supposed to look like this on a brand new playfield?
[quoted image][quoted image]

No they shouldn't and the screen printing looks off center as well. Is this a Royal or CE/SE?

#5899 3 years ago

You can smooth them out with a dremel or sandpaper. My afmr had similar roughness. Cleaned up well. Your screen printing is not off.

#5900 3 years ago
Quoted from mbgibbs13:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, sorry to say, but that looks ugly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/118?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.