c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 205.
#5801 3 years ago

Got the call, delivery supposed to be tomorrow.

Light a candle, say a prayer....

#5802 3 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Is the topper test menu in the software? Because I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Dig through the CGC menu- page 1-10 in the manual or :

LTG : )

#5803 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Looks like mine is traveling the country....sent to wrong warehouse....

I had one wander the country for two months a couple of years back. They finally had to ship me a replacement because it didn't look like the original was ever going to turn up. You would think a box that big couldn't get lost, but it can. Good luck, I hope yours arrives soon!!

#5804 3 years ago

I’m proud to present my artwork for my alternate Medieval Madness Translite and Acrylic Backglass, (officially licensed from Williams) is now available!

I asked for a lot of feedback from Medieval Madness fans before starting. It was suggested that I illustrate the Six Kings of each of the Castles you destroy in the game. The Earl of Ego, Sir Psycho, Francois De Grimm, Lord Howard Hurtz, the Duke of Bourbon, and of course, Payne! It was also suggested that I add a bunch of tributes to Monty Python’s Holy Grail, so I snuck in as many as I could. Overall, the general feedback was that they wanted to see something more colorful, light-hearted, and fun than the original backglass art, which was created by the legendary pinball artists, Greg Freres and John Youssi.

This is my most detailed and time-consuming alternate Backglass so far (I’ve also designed one for Attack From Mars, and another for Monster Bash). Medieval Madness is a highly respected and coveted pinball game, and I wanted to put everything I had into this to pay it the respect it deserved. I hope fans of the game are satisfied!

ACRYLIC BACKGLASS version:
• Reverse-printed on a 1/8″ thick translucent acrylic backglass (not a thin Translite).
• Printed by the same manufacturer as Stern and Chicago Gaming.
• Double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop.
• Measures 27"x 18 7/8" to fit in a Medieval Madness Classic and Remake machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
• It comes with a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by the artist.
• LIMITED TO ONLY 250 ever.
• NOTE: Please allow 30 days shipping, due to increased printing and processing time due to COVID-19.
• $225 plus shipping

TRANSLITE version:
• Flexible Translite material.
• Double-layered ink, and double-layered white backing to make the colors really pop.
• Measures 26.5"x 18 3/8" to fit in a Medieval Madness Classic and Remake machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
• Signed by the artist
• Shipping now! Ships internationally
• $119.99 plus shipping

Learn more, or order one here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/

VIDEO of the product:

Medieval Madness Brian Allen (resized).jpgMedieval Madness Brian Allen (resized).jpg20200501_023648_resized (resized).jpg20200501_023648_resized (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-1 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-1 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-2 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-2 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Translite-2 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Translite-2 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-Translite-Detail-2 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-Translite-Detail-2 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-Translite-Detail-1 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-Translite-Detail-1 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-Translite-Detail-3 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-Translite-Detail-3 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-Translite-Detail-4 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-Translite-Detail-4 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-Translite-Detail-5 (resized).jpgMedieval-Madness-Backglass-Translite-Detail-5 (resized).jpg

#5805 3 years ago

Enjoying our MMr SE (our one and only pin,) and, honestly, still learning some of the rules. Also, being new to ownership, need some advice on how to make a tweak.

I have realized that the FIRE lanes don't always light during rollover. About 30% of the time the "I" and "R" don't light--particularly when coming off the catapult or damsel ramps, when going at high velocity. I found an old post about this in another thread, confirming this as a previously seen issue:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-fire-function-question

From the thread linked above: "I had this issue with my MM as well. My issue is that the ball comes off the ramps so fast - especially when launched from the catapult - that the ball will bounce or skip over the switch wireform.

My solution was to adjust the switch/wireform so the switch is super sensitive and will register when the ball just barely touches it...the metal part of the switch had to be bent a bit more. It was easier to bend by unscrewing the switch and then putting it back."

Looking for some direction on how to make this adjustment, please.

#5806 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hello, is there any way to order a MMR Royal edition to be delivered in France, or it is already sold out?

you should ask your both distributors in France.
https://www.chicago-gaming.com/distributors/26
I assume they will get only 1-3 and should be sold out.
I´ve heard that Germany will get the most ones in Europe, but all pins (CE, SE and RE) are sold out since end last year in GER.

#5807 3 years ago

Very excited watching peoples games arrive, mine is on route. What changes are people making to the games ‘settings’? Are people reducing flipper power etc?

#5808 3 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

I had one wander the country for two months a couple of years back. They finally had to ship me a replacement because it didn't look like the original was ever going to turn up. You would think a box that big couldn't get lost, but it can. Good luck, I hope yours arrives soon!!

Lol. Yep. It happens....I'm sure it'll arrive soonish....
Game is traveling more than I am right now.

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

I’m proud to present my artwork for my alternate Medieval Madness Translite and Acrylic Backglass, (officially licensed from Williams) is now available!
I asked for a lot of feedback from Medieval Madness fans before starting. It was suggested that I illustrate the Six Kings of each of the Castles you destroy in the game. The Earl of Ego, Sir Psycho, Francois De Grimm, Lord Howard Hurtz, the Duke of Bourbon, and of course, Payne! It was also suggested that I add a bunch of tributes to Monty Python’s Holy Grail, so I snuck in as many as I could. Overall, the general feedback was that they wanted to see something more colorful, light-hearted, and fun than the original backglass art, which was created by the legendary pinball artists, Greg Freres and John Youssi.
This is my most detailed and time-consuming alternate Backglass so far (I’ve also designed one for Attack From Mars, and another for Monster Bash). Medieval Madness is a highly respected and coveted pinball game, and I wanted to put everything I had into this to pay it the respect it deserved. I hope fans of the game are satisfied!
ACRYLIC BACKGLASS version:
• Reverse-printed on a 1/8″ thick translucent acrylic backglass (not a thin Translite).
• Measures 27"x 18 7/8" to fit in a Medieval Madness Classic and Remake machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
• It comes with a certificate of authenticity signed and numbered by the artist.
• LIMITED TO ONLY 250 ever.
• NOTE: Please allow 30 days shipping, due to increased printing and processing time due to COVID-19.
• $225 plus shipping
TRANSLITE version:
• Flexible Translite material.
• Measures 26.5"x 18 3/8" to fit in a Medieval Madness Classic and Remake machine, or a lightbox. Looks beautiful when backlit!
• Signed by the artist
• Shipping now! Ships internationally
• $119.99 plus shipping
Learn more, or order one here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork/
VIDEO of the product:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

well done...do you pay upfront or once its actually ready to ship....also I think your right that it would look great with a back light....

#5810 3 years ago

Hey guys,

Where can I order a clear ring set for MMRE?
I am hoping someone sells a complete kit and I don't have to go through the manual to order all rubbers.
Thanks

#5811 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballPam:

Enjoying our MMr SE (our one and only pin,) and, honestly, still learning some of the rules. Also, being new to ownership, need some advice on how to make a tweak.
I have realized that the FIRE lanes don't always light during rollover. About 30% of the time the "I" and "R" don't light--particularly when coming off the catapult or damsel ramps, when going at high velocity. I found an old post about this in another thread, confirming this as a previously seen issue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-fire-function-question
From the thread linked above: "I had this issue with my MM as well. My issue is that the ball comes off the ramps so fast - especially when launched from the catapult - that the ball will bounce or skip over the switch wireform.
My solution was to adjust the switch/wireform so the switch is super sensitive and will register when the ball just barely touches it...the metal part of the switch had to be bent a bit more. It was easier to bend by unscrewing the switch and then putting it back."
Looking for some direction on how to make this adjustment, please.

You shouldn't really have to adjust the rollover switch itself. Both return wireforms alignment can be slightly adjusted from side-to-side by loosening the screw that secures them to the slingshot area. You can loosen it just enough that you can make very slight adjustments and keep running the ball through until you're getting consistent rollovers. Also, the power of the catapult coil can be lowered in the main settings(not original game settings) if it's too fast.

I had this issue on my left in-lane or "I" and just needed to adjust the wireform slightly. Alignment is everything.

#5812 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Hey guys,
I am hoping someone sells a complete kit and I don't have to go through the manual to order all rubbers.
Thanks

Titan should have a ring database for MM. There is no difference in rubber for MM or MMr; the topsides are the same.

#5813 3 years ago

Anyone know of a RE that has gone unclaimed in the US? I’ve decided I don’t want to put in the time to do the upgrades.

#5814 3 years ago

Is the translite the same size for the MMRRE as the standard MMr?

#5815 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Is the translite the same size for the MMRRE as the standard MMr?

Yes.

#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Thank you Lloyd.

#5817 3 years ago

Arrived yesterday! Wrecked my back on Saturday night. Gotta wait a few days to get it in the basement and start setting it up!

26908FC0-067F-4056-9EA3-34F37705379B (resized).jpeg26908FC0-067F-4056-9EA3-34F37705379B (resized).jpeg
#5818 3 years ago

Number 113 is in the house!
It'll be a few days before I get her down into the basement.
Sold my original in order to get the Royal Addition.

IMG_7357 (resized).jpgIMG_7357 (resized).jpgIMG_7358 (resized).jpgIMG_7358 (resized).jpg
#5819 3 years ago

With the help of my friend @timboch, we picked up Royal #4074 today rather than waiting until Monday because the freight company couldn’t get us a truck with a lift gate until then. Very happy to have it FINALLY in the collection. That was a long 13 month wait.

Mine seems to have an issue retaining time/date after its powered off and then back on though (credit dot says so in TEST)

23883D1D-F137-40B9-B039-161655F0CF66 (resized).jpeg23883D1D-F137-40B9-B039-161655F0CF66 (resized).jpegA7E310DC-B07B-433D-B5EB-9B9CE049E670 (resized).jpegA7E310DC-B07B-433D-B5EB-9B9CE049E670 (resized).jpegE69566F8-426B-4557-A261-7E49CDF1185D (resized).jpegE69566F8-426B-4557-A261-7E49CDF1185D (resized).jpeg
#5820 3 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Hey guys,
Thanks

I altered an existing Titan kit to use clear rubbers and black post sleeves. Here is the link if you are interested.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1300

#5821 3 years ago

Every time I power off my MMr Royal and then power back on, I get the credit dot and it says 'Date and Time not Set'.

Re-setting it in the utilities menu retains the date and time until I power off.

My MMr Royal info says:
Software Version: 3.0.0 Beta 3
Build Date: Feb 27, 2020
Playfield Firmware Rev: 3.0
SPI Status: Good

#5822 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Every time I power off my MMr Royal and then power back on, I get the credit dot and it says 'Date and Time not Set'.

Please open a ticket on the Help Desk under Support - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ it may go to me. I'll kick it up to the engineers.

Thank you.

#5823 3 years ago

Ya same here set the time and date last night. Just checked and it’s saying it’s not set. Maybe a software bug.

#5824 3 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya same here set the time and date last night. Just checked and it’s saying it’s not set. Maybe a software bug.

I had the same bug with my LE a long time ago. But it’s been so long i can’t remember the solution!! Seems like a software patch.

#5825 3 years ago

Number 111 is setup in my basement. Boy was it heavy. Kids have been loving it. Everything seems to be working great. One of my legs had a flaw (Very sharp line of metal) and I’ve opened a ticket to get it replaced. Attached with some foam to protect things now. Installed the drain magnet protector, but cliffy’s are still in the packaging. Still have a lot to learn with my 1st pin.

74AF5F4A-D6DC-4977-9E32-A97EF249B1F4 (resized).jpeg74AF5F4A-D6DC-4977-9E32-A97EF249B1F4 (resized).jpeg8CBB14DA-8E5D-4A12-9A46-2A7E70E0C38D (resized).jpeg8CBB14DA-8E5D-4A12-9A46-2A7E70E0C38D (resized).jpeg2F6A742D-1D29-44A5-8352-BA2B2BAED31C (resized).jpeg2F6A742D-1D29-44A5-8352-BA2B2BAED31C (resized).jpeg
#5826 3 years ago

The suspense is killing me. I think mine leaves today.

#5827 3 years ago

I am surprised that the speaker frames are silver and not black; I assume this was not planned as everything is powder-coated in black

#5828 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

I am surprised that the speaker frames are silver and not black; I assume this was not planned as everything is powder-coated in black

Looks the same on Attack & MB LE's. That area isn't powder coated because it is wood. Looks fine to me.

#5829 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Looks the same on Attack & MB LE's. That area isn't powder coated because it is wood. Looks fine to me.

The speaker panel is powder coated on the royal. You can see it in the pics and it is listed in the feature matrix.

#5830 3 years ago

i mean that speaker ring from the above pictures

Speaker (resized).pngSpeaker (resized).png
#5831 3 years ago
Quoted from Cayenne:

i mean that speaker ring from the above pictures
[quoted image]

Those rings are silver one AFM and MB. I like them. Makes the speakers pop.

#5832 3 years ago

How do you guys feel about putting mods on a MMr RE, is this blasphemous? I get mine next week and I was debating on whether I should mod it or simply throw some PDI glass on it and call it good. I know if I were to sell it in the future, which I hardly doubt, it really doesn't help with resell, if anything, it may deter some potential buyers.

#5833 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

How do you guys feel about putting mods on a MMr RE, is this blasphemous? I get mine next week and I was debating on whether I should mod it or simply throw some PDI glass on it and call it good. I know if I were to sell it in the future, which I hardly doubt, it really doesn't help with resell, if anything, it may deter some potential buyers.

IMO, mods don't add value, but if you like them, enjoy while you have the game. I'm wanting to use the blue wizard one in mine.aybe another dragon...

If you decide to sell, you enjoyed them while you have your game.

Btw. The PDI glass is a must. I have a sheet to go onto mine.

#5834 3 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

...Btw. The PDI glass is a must. I have a sheet to go onto mine.

I've been using stern HD glass and couldn't be happier. Plus the price Is right

#5835 3 years ago

I got 4101, showed up.

#5836 3 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

It's your machine, do what makes you happy, I added some lighting to mine and the Mantis protectors. In the future I might get some Voodoo or PDI glass, and maybe light up the troll eyes, but that would be about it.

#5837 3 years ago

anyone gad the upgrade shipped?

#5838 3 years ago

Busy day for me...installed a set of Cliffy's, PinStadium Lights, and most of the Lermods modifications.

Weird things still going on with the date/time. I'm not getting the credit dot to re-set them after a power cycle, but now they are not advancing with the power off. Essentially, the date/time is whatever it was when I powered off the machine.

EDIT: I just installed a new CR2032 coin battery and power cycled the machine and it held the date/time for the first time. Hmmm..

EDIT: Nope, the date/time still seems to stay at whatever it was when I powered off the machine.

IMG_1006 (resized).jpgIMG_1006 (resized).jpg

#5839 3 years ago

Anybody getting balls stuck behind the right troll or in the damsel tower after a damsel rescue?

#5840 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Anybody getting balls stuck behind the right troll

Bend the metal flap on his carriage out a very tiny bit more.

Quoted from evh347:

damsel tower after a damsel rescue?

Check if the plastic castle tower wall isn't sticking up and catching it.

#5841 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

With the help of my friend timboch, we picked up Royal #4074 today rather than waiting until Monday because the freight company couldn’t get us a truck with a lift gate until then. Very happy to have it FINALLY in the collection. That was a long 13 month wait.
Mine seems to have an issue retaining time/date after its powered off and then back on though (credit dot says so in TEST)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOL awesome you rented a Uhaul W/Mom’s attic to pick up your MM.

DC9DC828-DB95-4F9E-9525-E92A490538A8 (resized).jpegDC9DC828-DB95-4F9E-9525-E92A490538A8 (resized).jpeg

#5842 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LOL awesome you rented a Uhaul W/Mom’s attic to pick up your MM.
[quoted image]

Yah, it had a ramp. We're old.

#5843 3 years ago

Never got my tracking number from cointaker today. Guess my Royal hasn’t departed cgc.
I’ve never had so much anticipation for a nib game. Grail game.

#5844 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Never got my tracking number from cointaker today. Guess my Royal hasn’t departed cgc.
I’ve never had so much anticipation for a nib game. Grail game.

Some times you have ask them for a tracking number.

#5845 3 years ago

Mine showed up last Friday, guess I forgot to post, but it is glorious!

500D04E0-2AA3-4A52-BBE6-C4F8FCF9A9B2 (resized).jpeg500D04E0-2AA3-4A52-BBE6-C4F8FCF9A9B2 (resized).jpeg7AAD693A-6DFD-43E0-BE2B-C54A4B72D9D5 (resized).jpeg7AAD693A-6DFD-43E0-BE2B-C54A4B72D9D5 (resized).jpeg
#5846 3 years ago

I like how the 2 S's on your box look like $ sign's. Beautiful in black!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

#5847 3 years ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Mine showed up last Friday, guess I forgot to post, but it is glorious!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does the black powder on the trim of the Royal look noticeably better than the black powder on the LE?

#5848 3 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Does the black powder on the trim of the Royal look noticeably better than the black powder on the LE?

On the Royal there is that hint of gold flake in it. You really have to see it to appreciate it. Pictures don't do it justice.

#5849 3 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Some times you have ask them for a tracking number.

I did ask. Supposedly there’s only a few guys working at cgc right now getting these games out and putting final pieces of trim on them, then boxing up.

#5850 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

On the Royal there is that hint of gold flake in it

Can anyone confirm if its gold, or silver/diamond flake? Cause I had a spare set of wireforms powder coated in silver flake. If someone were to look close enough.....that would look silly

C4222713-0DEC-47C7-ADAB-4DF0D6B3523B (resized).jpegC4222713-0DEC-47C7-ADAB-4DF0D6B3523B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/117?hl=ripshill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.