IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 204.
#5651 3 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

The way the economy is and given how hard it is to sell any (or most of) the high end titles, I wouldn't pay this right now... no way. People haven't been to work in almost 2 months so while I'm a huge pinball fan and normally a buyer, I'm just looking to get my family through this.
I'd bet you could find one right now for less.. I'd go for $9K shipped at the very least IF I had the cash. I'm sure the deep pocket collectors on here will scoff at me, but from my experiences the deeper the pocket, the cheaper they can get when buying from me.
Best of luck!

I’d buy a MMr SE but it’s not worth 9300. The upcoming major recession might help pricing.

#5652 3 years ago

Looking for some perspective on rubber for the RE. I figured since the lights change it would be cool to use clear silicone rubber. I bought the Tupperware container from Pinball life full of them. Totally n00b here so my question is that decent rubber? If they are not what type of clear rubber do you suggest? Here is what It looks like....I think a big improvement over the standard black.

I put a full set of cliffs on this playfield, what about waxing them right when you get them? Is that necessary recommended or not not recommended?

9B6827F6-B0EB-4965-9DB8-5C7785E315B3 (resized).jpeg9B6827F6-B0EB-4965-9DB8-5C7785E315B3 (resized).jpeg
#5653 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Looking for some perspective on rubber for the RE. I figured since the lights change it would be cool to use clear silicone rubber. I bought the Tupperware container from Pinball life full of them. Totally n00b here so my question is that decent rubber? If they are not what type of clear rubber do you suggest? Here is what It looks like....I think a big improvement over the standard black.
I put a full set of cliffs on this playfield, what about waxing them right when you get them? Is that necessary recommended or not not recommended?[quoted image]

Those clears look nice!

#5654 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

I put a full set of cliffs on this playfield, what about waxing them right when you get them? Is that necessary recommended or not not recommended?[quoted image]

Ya those look good no need to worry just use those until they are gone. Maybe try out some from Titan as well later on down the line. You don’t need to wax anything since it’s new just play it for a month or two depending on how many games you get in and then clean and wax. That’s what I have done in the past if anyone has any better ways I’m sure they will chime in. I use that blitz wax from pinball life. Great stuff makes those balls fly.

#5655 3 years ago

I was amazed how dirty my game got from black rubber powder after about 2 months and 300 plays. I replaced all the rubbers on my MMrSE with clear Titan rubbers except the posts. Those I left black. I made a kit for it on Titan. I was so pleased with the Titan rubbers, and especially the clear ones, that I have replaced almost all my machines with them the last few weeks.
C80D4229-66A7-43DE-B13C-61F99BB288E9 (resized).jpegC80D4229-66A7-43DE-B13C-61F99BB288E9 (resized).jpeg

#5656 3 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

I replaced all the rubbers on my MMrSE with clear Titan rubbers except the posts. Those I left black. I made a kit for it on Titan. I was amazed how dirty my game got from black rubber powder after about 2 months and 300 plays. I was so pleased with the Titan rubbers, and especially the clear ones, that I have replaced almost all my machines with them the last few weeks.
[quoted image]

I tried the green glow ones, they got really dirty quick.

#5657 3 years ago

How do we get separate listings on pinside for the Royal and Special Editions? I know it seems kind of ridiculous to have 5 different versions of the same pin listed, but I don't see how you can avoid it considering there are 5 distinct versions of it. I haven't found any info on how to request a new listed version from an administrator.

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

How do we get separate listings on pinside for the Royal and Special Editions? I know it seems kind of ridiculous to have 5 different versions of the same pin listed, but I don't see how you can avoid it considering there are 5 distinct versions of it. I haven't found any info on how to request a new listed version from an administrator.

By offering upgrade kits CGC has made the distinction between versions a moot point. Any MMr can be “converted” into a SE by buying the upgrades. RE has the special powder coat.

Even before, the only difference between LE and classic was the numbered sticker on the apron. You can add the shaker to the classic to make it like the LE. Some (but not all) LEs had different coloured side armour and lockdown.

I think we should just have MM and MMr on the Pinside lists and no other distinctions.

#5659 3 years ago

I PM’d Robin twice. No response.

#5660 3 years ago

Received notice from pinballpro.com that MMrRE is shipping this week.

#5661 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I think we should just have MM and MMr on the Pinside lists and no other distinctions.

I would absolutely agree with you if the past precedence wasn't already set based on other titles.
If you look at the top 4 games listed on the top 100 there are currently 13 listings for 4 games

20200427_103717.jpg20200427_103717.jpg
#5662 3 years ago

Yes, but just because it's been done that way doesn't mean it's a good idea.

#5663 3 years ago

I would absolutely agree with you if the past precedence wasn't already set based on other titles.
If you look at the top 4 games listed on the top 100 there are currently 13 listings for 4 games[quoted image]

Totally agree....there should be consistency across the board.

#5664 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Just saying it should be consistent either way

#5665 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

The whole list is bogus anyway as they don't do proper sampling and have a minimum benchmark to be rated. That's why we see all these new titles shoot straight to the top all the time. IMO there should be at least 300 - 500 ratings to get on the list or have an asterisk beside it as pending until it meets the threshold of enough people rating it

#5666 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

..there should be at least 300 - 500 ratings to get on the list or have an asterisk beside it as pending until it meets the threshold of enough people rating it

Agreed!

#5667 3 years ago

Isn't it more fun to see Rick and Morty at no. 2 -- all time -- for a week? Better than TZ, AF, etc.

#5668 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Isn't it more fun to see Rick and Morty at no. 2 -- all time -- for a week? Better than TZ, AF, etc.

Fun, maybe...sensible, no.

#5669 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

The whole list is bogus anyway as they don't do proper sampling and have a minimum benchmark to be rated. That's why we see all these new titles shoot straight to the top all the time. IMO there should be at least 300 - 500 ratings to get on the list or have an asterisk beside it as pending until it meets the threshold of enough people rating it

I get what your saying, but 300-500 ratings is pretty unrealistic....I can see 50 or maybe 100....some games just are not out in the wild so very few people ever get to see the game let alone play it....i.e. TBL, BBB, CC, POTC ....

#5670 3 years ago

i read the top 100, but its not accurate on where things should stand. i mean, star trek tng isn't exactly a top game. ac dc way too high on the list. game of thrones far too low.

#5671 3 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

no longer, if you are right, then it was corrected.
The Standard Edition only "received 7 approved Pinsider ratings. 18 more approved ratings are needed to get a rating and for it to be eligible for the Pinside Pinball Top 100 ranking."
The Blood Suckers Edition is on rank 73 with 39 ratings.

#5672 3 years ago

Got word from Game Exchange for my Royal. Going to be delivered on Friday (I may have to call in sick to get in plenty of time that day to play). I can't wait!

#5673 3 years ago

Well it damn near broke my heart but I just cancelled my Royal. I just can't justify the purchase right now having been put on part time at work. If anybody missed out give Jason a call at Classic Game Rooms, he said it will be delivered to him this week. He's a really stand up guy and understood my predicament and didn't give me a hard time over the cancellation. Bad news for me but good news for someone who may have missed out on the Royal Edition

#5674 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Well it damn near broke my heart but I just cancelled my Royal. I just can't justify the purchase right now having been put on part time at work. If anybody missed out give Jason a call at Classic Game Rooms, he said it will be delivered to him this week. He's a really stand up guy and understood my predicament and didn't give me a hard time over the cancellation. Bad news for me but good news for someone who may have missed out on the Royal Edition

I’m sorry Bro.

#5675 3 years ago

My RE also Friday GE. Yay

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5676 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Feel for ya man. Similar boat here.

#5677 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me if the MMR Royal edition comes with Anti-reflective glass? I've been getting conflicting information.

#5678 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Can anyone tell me if the MMR Royal edition comes with Anti-reflective glass? I've been getting conflicting information.

Nope

#5679 3 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

No. Definitely needs it too.
They should have included an external headphone jack and volume control also.

#5680 3 years ago

Anyone have an idea when the GI lighting and larger display kits will be available?

#5681 3 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Anyone have an idea when the GI lighting and larger display kits will be available?

add-on kits will not be available until after all mmr royals are built.

#5682 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

add-on kits will not be available until after all mmr royals are built.

OK, lets try it another way.
When will they be done being built?

#5683 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Dude... The same question about the addons gets asked literally every week. It’s the same answer. When the Royals are done. Nobody knows when that’s going to be given the pandemic situation.

A few dozen machines have shipped since the start of last week. They are shipping them out slowly. They have 350 to complete and ship out. The folks waiting for their Royals(myself included) are also anxious to know when they will be complete. CGC is not providing any timeline or info.

#5684 3 years ago

my guess is sometime in Q4

#5685 3 years ago

I was told a week ago that CGC hopes to be done with the royals in 8 to 10 weeks if they have the same small skeleton crew the whole time. But this is CGC so take that for what it is worth.

#5686 3 years ago

Just had notice that my MMR Royal edition will be with me in about 4 weeks. Woohoo!

#5687 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Dude... The same question about the addons gets asked literally every week. It’s the same answer. When the Royals are done. Nobody knows when that’s going to be given the pandemic situation.
A few dozen machines have shipped since the start of last week. They are shipping them out slowly. They have 350 to complete and ship out. The folks waiting for their Royals(myself included) are also anxious to know when they will be complete. CGC is not providing any timeline or info.

Well the folks who chimed in after you were more helpful and I thank them. 8-10 weeks is good.

#5688 3 years ago

Anyone thought about making a custom logo for the Royals? Maybe able to add the quasi number to it just to feel like they’re numbered

#5689 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Anyone thought about making a custom logo for the Royals? Maybe able to add the quasi number to it just to feel like they’re numbered

Like this?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/02114-custom-numbered-plaque-for-medieval-madness-le-machines

#5691 3 years ago

So just throwing it together, this was my thought process. Ideas? I know they’re not numbered so I am just using the serial number

This is just a screen shot so not the best quality, but the original file is a bmp
67AFDFBE-384E-4A1F-BBF5-0ED45E41EEF7.jpeg67AFDFBE-384E-4A1F-BBF5-0ED45E41EEF7.jpeg

#5692 3 years ago

So if your saying end of the year to finish
Production? So next remake a year away

7C4869C9-B406-424D-81C7-C34E50CE4114 (resized).jpeg7C4869C9-B406-424D-81C7-C34E50CE4114 (resized).jpeg
#5693 3 years ago

Well the folks who chimed in after you were more helpful and I thank them. 8-10 weeks is good.

I wouldn't hold my breath on the 8-10 week number....

#5694 3 years ago

How tricky is it to install the new large TFT screen and the GI update?

Are there any PDF instructions we can download?

#5695 3 years ago

not now

the display kit swaps should be very easy
only some cables and change the complete panel

i think the GI is not so easy and need a lot more time

we will see in a view months

#5696 3 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

How tricky is it to install the new large TFT screen and the GI update?

Probably more time consuming than hard.

Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Are there any PDF instructions we can download?

No. There will be complete instructions with the kit.

LTG : )

#5697 3 years ago

Anyone’s ever install trolls with lights
On a older MM ? I’m replacing entire units
And found these in the coin box I actually forgot I bought them . Do they look complete?

A4152C09-95BC-433F-B5C2-31E57D155840 (resized).jpegA4152C09-95BC-433F-B5C2-31E57D155840 (resized).jpeg
#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

So just throwing it together, this was my thought process. Ideas? I know they’re not numbered so I am just using the serial number
This is just a screen shot so not the best quality, but the original file is a bmp
[quoted image]

I had been working one something to put in the custom logo spot, this is where I'm at for now. It's a crude stretch of the side art scroll, my photoshop kung fu is weak. The "Royal Edition" is kind of just stamped in there, if I had any talent I would make that look like part of the art in a more nuanced way. As it is I used the font, or close to it, used on the playfield (Honda ITC) for the "oyal dition" and Old English for the caps.
MedievalMadnessRELogo (resized).pngMedievalMadnessRELogo (resized).png

#5699 3 years ago

Just got called by Fedex Freight that mine is on the way! Thanks to Zach at Flip-N-Out!

#5700 3 years ago

My MMR Royal showed up yesterday! Made a quick video on the unboxing and setup.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,186 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/114?hl=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.