image000001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0078 (resized).jpeg
c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,202 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 205.
#5601 4 years ago

Ordered thru PPS the morning after announcement.

#5602 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I ordered and put a deposit down the day after it was announced with Zach at Flipnout. He has gotten no info on when it will arrive. Seems like the ones who got there’s first came from planetary maybe?

Planetary has the most pull with CGC (from my experience)

#5603 4 years ago
Quoted from RooDoom:

I am happy to see that some of the MMR RE's are getting shipped. I put down a deposit in the latter part of October, so I have a question for those who have had their pins delivered; when did you originally place your orders? The reason for the inquiry is that I am trying to form an educated guess of when I will get mine. (of course, I am assuming that there is some chronological order in play) Thx!

Within a given distributor it should be done chronological order, but it wont be between distributors. The shipping cost for shipping all of an allotment for a distributor at once is significantly cheaper than shipping them one at a time (shipping freight is not like using standard UPS/Fedex), so to cut costs they are likely sending out a batch at a time to a distributor. I initially put a deposit down in February of last year and my distributor has not heard anything on when they are getting theirs in. Talk to your distributor to see if they have any ideas on when they will get their allotment and where in the allotment you are.

#5604 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

Within a given distributor it should be done chronological order, but it wont be between distributors. The shipping cost for shipping all of an allotment for a distributor at once is significantly cheaper than shipping them one at a time (shipping freight is not like using standard UPS/Fedex), so to cut costs they are likely sending out a batch at a time to a distributor. I initially put a deposit down in February of last year and my distributor has not heard anything on when they are getting theirs in. Talk to your distributor to see if they have any ideas on when they will get their allotment and where in the allotment you are.

I do know our distributors here in Canada are shutdown until at least June so we won't see anything coming north for a long time -ugh

#5605 4 years ago

Any word on upgrade kits shipping?

#5606 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Pics we need more pics and video even better come on guys help the rest of us out that may be waiting months yet

I'll just put this right here...

#5607 4 years ago
Quoted from RooDoom:

I am happy to see that some of the MMR RE's are getting shipped. I put down a deposit in the latter part of October, so I have a question for those who have had their pins delivered; when did you originally place your orders? The reason for the inquiry is that I am trying to form an educated guess of when I will get mine. (of course, I am assuming that there is some chronological order in play) Thx!

I placed my order with Planetary Pinball on Oct 29th, a week or so after the announcement. When it came time for final payment prior to shipping on April 9, they offered to place us at the back of the line for shipping/payment if we needed some extra time due to the economic fallout of covid. I didn't take that option, in fact I'm pretty sure I got bumped up in line for that reason. We paid on a Friday and got delivery on Wednesday. Hope every else gets theirs soon!

#5608 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I'll just put this right here...

Looks awesome Nick....Looking forward to checking it out before I pull the trigger on my upgrade kit

#5609 4 years ago

Great to see LE's shipping! FINALLY!

I have been saving for a Special Edition MMr... but now that they are out they have decided to raise the price to $9300? Plus shipping? All while AFM and MB Special Editions are significantly less? I don't get it.

I have cash in hand to buy one but with all the things going on I'm going to hold until I can get a reasonable deal. If anyone knows of a dealer that will sell to a cash buyer right now for a pandemic (reasonable) price, PM me.

#5610 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I have been saving for a Special Edition MMr... but now that they are out they have decided to raise the price to $9300? Plus shipping? All while AFM and MB Special Editions are significantly less? I don't get it.
I have cash in hand to buy one but with all the things going on I'm going to hold until I can get a reasonable deal. If anyone knows of a dealer that will sell to a cash buyer right now for a pandemic (reasonable) price, PM me.

The way the economy is and given how hard it is to sell any (or most of) the high end titles, I wouldn't pay this right now... no way. People haven't been to work in almost 2 months so while I'm a huge pinball fan and normally a buyer, I'm just looking to get my family through this.

I'd bet you could find one right now for less.. I'd go for $9K shipped at the very least IF I had the cash. I'm sure the deep pocket collectors on here will scoff at me, but from my experiences the deeper the pocket, the cheaper they can get when buying from me.

Best of luck!

#5611 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

While there isn't any way around the shipping costs unless you can go pick it up at the distributor, I find it odd that they are selling 300$ above retail.. Is this an official CGC distributor???

#5612 4 years ago

I see that MB Special editions are $7299, MM Special editions are now $9299? What the?

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 12.37.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-23 at 12.37.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-23 at 12.41.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-23 at 12.41.32 PM (resized).png
#5613 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I see that MB Special editions are $7299, MM Special editions are now $9299? What the?[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that Canadian dollars? u can pick up a nice LE for less than $8K

#5614 4 years ago

Times are tough and we're in a pandemic...

Let's RAISE prices!! LMAO

#5615 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is that Canadian dollars? u can pick up a nice LE for less than $8K

I did a search... this is U.S. dollars. The Standard Editions are $7999. The Special Editions are $8999. LE's $9999.

To me, AFM is just as good of a game and you can save $2K!!

Of course, that's if you have the cash right now

#5616 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I did a search... this is U.S. dollars. The Standard Editions are $7999. The Special Editions are $8999. LE's $9999.

Oh I was confused ... for minute I thought it was MBR....this is the correct pricing on MMR games...

#5617 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

This pricing is correct for MMR games...the royal is $2K above the MBR and AFMRLE's

#5618 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I see that MB Special editions are $7299, MM Special editions are now $9299? What the?[quoted image][quoted image]

This isn't a surprise. The prices were announced last fall.

From CGC's web site:
7999$ for classic Edition
8999$ for Special Edition
9999$ for Royal Edition

I find it weird that an official distributor would sell(or at least try to) for more. Mind you just looking at the pinside market there are MMr owners(not all) that are listing their games for more than what they cost when NIB. Might as well buy new!

As for being more expensive than the other remakes this has been discussed so many times in this thread and others. It's to keep the prices in line with the previous batches of MMr's and not piss of the previous buyers. If it hadn't been for those people then CGC would not be in the "remake" business today..

I've owned MB before. MM is twice the game MB is..... ok maybe not twice the game.. but definitely better. AFM would lot's of fun too.

#5619 4 years ago

in Germany the MMRE will cost ca. $12,435, and we will only get 11 pc. of RE and some CE and SE. All sold out since Dec.

#5620 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

This isn't a surprise. The prices were announced last fall.
From CGC's web site:
7999$ for classic Edition
8999$ for Special Edition
9999$ for Royal Edition
I find it weird that an official distributor would sell(or at least try to) for more. Mind you just looking at the pinside market there are MMr owners(not all) that are listing their games for more than what they cost when NIB. Might as well buy new!
As for being more expensive than the other remakes this has been discussed so many times in this thread and others. It's to keep the prices in line with the previous batches of MMr's and not piss of the previous buyers. If it hadn't been for those people then CGC would not be in the "remake" business today..
I've owned MB before. MM is twice the game MB is..... ok maybe not twice the game.. but definitely better. AFM would lot's of fun too.

The difference in price over the MBr and AFMr shows they have profit margins... so again, why the price increase by distributors? There is NO WAY the MM costs $2K more to manufacture.

I've seen (and passed on) MMR's in the mid $7K range... they are all over the market and some are sitting at $7500.

High end games are going to be sitting (just my opinion) especially in a few months due to the financial crisis in our country.. so being bilked for an extra $200-300 right now when I'm actually a cash buyer doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

The big display is cool, but not OMG cool at this point.

#5621 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

The difference in price over the MBr and AFMr shows they have profit margins... so again, why the price increase by distributors? There is NO WAY the MM costs $2K more to manufacture.
I've seen (and passed on) MMR's in the mid $7K range... they are all over the market and some are sitting at $7500.
High end games are going to be sitting (just my opinion) especially in a few months due to the financial crisis in our country.. so being bilked for an extra $200-300 right now when I'm actually a cash buyer doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.
The big display is cool, but not OMG cool at this point.

I totally agree that its pure profit on CGC's part (for the most part). That being said it seems the market will pay it. The reason for the pricing structure (per CGC) is that they didn't want to piss off the original LE owners who purchased the game at $8K + $200 for the color chip....I also think their hoping that the original owners will pay up for the upgrades (which is like $1500+) so its not cheap

#5622 4 years ago

I've been out of it for a second... did the topper/display/lighting upgrades for the LE and SE ever come out?

#5623 4 years ago

CGC (and anyone else) will never make everyone happy. There are 2 reasons why MMr SE and RE are priced the way they are:

1. To not piss off original Standard and LE owners.
2. Because the market says they can.

The price on this game was already set. They added features and adjusted the price accordingly, while also offering current owners to scale their game for relatively the same cost. A lot of thought went into that. Instead of being mad that it's not priced like AFM or MB, we could be glad that they lowered the price on those games when they came out. Can't fault a company for being in business. They are definitely working to do right by their customers.

Royal Edition is sold out at it's price point. Nobody is going to take your "cash buyer in a pandemic" spiel. You would be lucky to buy this game for $10k plus shipping right now. Nobody is making any of us buy it. You are absolutely welcome to get another game you deem to be a better value.

#5624 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I've been out of it for a second... did the topper/display/lighting upgrades for the LE and SE ever come out?

Not until the Royals have all shipped. They only just started and not many are out there yet. Prolly a few months at the rate they are shipping.

#5625 4 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

CGC (and anyone else) will never make everyone happy. There are 2 reasons why MMr SE and RE are priced the way they are:
1. To not piss off original Standard and LE owners.
2. Because the market says they can.

Right, to not piss off the people that bought the game 2 years ago. CGC is a company of great concern for their customers and a model to all pinball companies and this proves it. The extra money they are making is being donated to past LE owners also to make them all happy I've heard.

I have also heard that original MMr owners will now receive stock options every quarter based on the inflated MMr sales. They will also have a say in all future pinball decisions going forward. They must be respected and heard.

#5626 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Right, to not piss off the people that bought the game 2 years ago. CGC is a company of great concern for their customers and a model to all pinball companies and this proves it. The extra money they are making is being donated to past LE owners also to make them all happy I've heard.
I have also heard that original MMr owners will now receive stock options every quarter based on the inflated MMr sales. They will also have a say in all future pinball decisions going forward. They must be respected and heard.

LMAO!!!

#5627 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

I ordered and put a deposit down the day after it was announced with Zach at Flipnout. He has gotten no info on when it will arrive. Seems like the ones who got there’s first came from planetary maybe?

I also put my order in with Zach the same week it was announced. I think the same day.

It’s fully paid for. Hopefully they have some for him in a bit. Would be a nice way to pass the time while NC is still on lockdown.

#5628 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Dying... can’t read. Tears.

#5629 4 years ago

My Royal Edition came today. It is my first NIB pin. For those who received their Royal did you get instructions for the topper? Did you guys get a key chain? My old LE came with one, I just figured that was standard. Last question I have a nick in the head that I noticed as soon as I opened it. Will CGC do anything about it?

#5630 4 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Last question I have a nick in the head that I noticed as soon as I opened it. Will CGC do anything about it?

A nic in the decal?

#5631 4 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

My Royal Edition came today. It is my first NIB pin. For those who received their Royal did you get instructions for the topper? Did you guys get a key chain? My old LE came with one, I just figured that was standard. Last question I have a nick in the head that I noticed as soon as I opened it. Will CGC do anything about it?

CGC is great at replacing decals....cabinets not so much although they might send u a head only if its ding in the cabinet

#5632 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

CGC is great at replacing decals....cabinets not so much although they might send u a head only if its ding in the cabinet

This is my first NIB pinball game so I am not sure if I am being picky.

40222CE8-28B4-4867-A0CD-2435A995B3AD (resized).jpeg40222CE8-28B4-4867-A0CD-2435A995B3AD (resized).jpeg
#5633 4 years ago

I always record unboxing because it’s easy for any company to say we didn’t do that... in your situation I’d want it fixed but in reality a sharpie and no one including yourself would know the better 3 days from now. However you did pay $10,000 for it so I would ask! Lol

Quoted from robnotto:

This is my first NIB pinball game so I am not sure if I am being picky.[quoted image]

#5634 4 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

This is my first NIB pinball game so I am not sure if I am being picky.[quoted image]

Unfortunate, but not all that bad and I'd just touch it up and forget about it. If this was a new Stern and this was all that was wrong with it, it would be like winning the lotto though.

#5635 4 years ago

topper looks awesome.

#5636 4 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

No there isn’t any instructions. I asked this same question a few pages back. There is one post with a picture and another one explaining where the wiring goes.

#5637 4 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

I would submit a ticket with CGC and see what they say. If I paid $10K+ for a new game I'd expect something better. They will probably tell you use a black marker and touch it up....if u push hard enough they might send u a new head, but you would have to swap the electronics, and the head (not that hard)....

#5638 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Unfortunate, but not all that bad and I'd just touch it up and forget about it. If this was a new Stern and this was all that was wrong with it, it would be like winning the lotto though.

Bad enough on a NIB $10K game....I'd push for a new head assembly with decals....

#5639 4 years ago

Got notice for final payment...shipping next week!!!

#5640 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Got notice for final payment...shipping next week!!!

Congrats ! Nice to see these continue to ship out. I do not plan on seeing mine until late May or June, but happy to see all the early adopters getting their games

#5641 4 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

. For those who received their Royal did you get instructions for the topper?

Apparently no.

Screw holes on top. Pay close attention to connectors, two are 7 pin and not keyed, go by the wire colors.

The rest of the connectors you should be able to figure out.

LTG : )

MMRTopperwiring (resized).jpgMMRTopperwiring (resized).jpg
#5642 4 years ago

I'm in the market for a MMr Special Edition and looking for the best price... PM me please if you have a guy.

#5643 4 years ago

Just got a message for final payment shipping in 2-4 weeks. Awesome news

#5644 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I'm in the market for a MMr Special Edition and looking for the best price... PM me please if you have a guy.

Don't overpay! I'm not here to bash nor defend the pricing on the current release of MMr, it is what it is. But dealers marking up the game $200-300 for no reason is nuts in a time like this. I know people will always have money no matter how bad or how many people are out of work.. but the market is soft right given the lockdowns, arcades/bars being closed, and people not working.

My opinion? Find a used MMr on the market, I see them sit with color chips for mid-$7K's. The MMr has been out for what, 4 years now? The big screen is nice, but not $2K more nice to me. And you can buy the upgrade down the road for $650. Why support a dealer marking games up $300 over MSRP in a friggin pandemic?

#5645 4 years ago

Because of the powder coated coin door.

#5646 4 years ago

I also just received my request for final payment from Zach at Flip N Out. It will be in my basement in 2-4 weeks!

#5647 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Don't overpay! I'm not here to bash nor defend the pricing on the current release of MMr, it is what it is. But dealers marking up the game $200-300 for no reason is nuts in a time like this. I know people will always have money no matter how bad or how many people are out of work.. but the market is soft right given the lockdowns, arcades/bars being closed, and people not working.
My opinion? Find a used MMr on the market, I see them sit with color chips for mid-$7K's. The MMr has been out for what, 4 years now? The big screen is nice, but not $2K more nice to me. And you can buy the upgrade down the road for $650. Why support a dealer marking games up $300 over MSRP in a friggin pandemic?

Not defending the numbers, but the $2K is for the powder coating, RGB lighting, larger screen, color, lite speaker panels, mirrored game blades, and topper. I've been on the list for upgrading my LE, but not sure its worth the cost? I need to see one in person before I pass judgment.

#5648 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not defending the numbers, but the $2K is for the powder coating, RGB lighting, larger screen, color, lite speaker panels, mirrored game blades, and topper. I've been on the list for upgrading my LE, but not sure its worth the cost? I need to see one in person before I pass judgment.

He's talking about the $2K difference in the MBr and AFMr Special editions... all of which have the upgraded bigger color screen, lighted speaker panel, RGB's, etc. Upgrading from a previous MMr is a totally different thing.

look at AFM special editions and MM special editions and the pricing, in other words.

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 3.50.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-04-24 at 3.50.12 PM (resized).png
#5649 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

He's talking about the $2K difference in the MBr and AFMr Special editions... all of which have the upgraded bigger color screen, lighted speaker panel, RGB's, etc. Upgrading from a previous MMr is a totally different thing.
look at AFM special editions and MM special editions and the pricing, in other words.[quoted image]

Gotcha...different game....different pricing....is what it is .... not gonna change....I know as i've owned all the LE's....If u want a new standard MMR with color its gonna cost u $8700 assuming shipping is $300 + tax in some states....

#5650 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

I also just received my request for final payment from Zach at Flip N Out. It will be in my basement in 2-4 weeks!

Me too! My wife is so happy.

This is her grail pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,202 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/113?hl=robnotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.