c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 205.
#5551 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The RGB lighting looks fantastic. I'm stoked!

Really nice collection you have there! Congrats

#5552 4 years ago

Thats one nice lineup

#5553 4 years ago

Just landed

646EC957-9AAA-4CB7-95B0-A07B0293E658 (resized).jpeg646EC957-9AAA-4CB7-95B0-A07B0293E658 (resized).jpeg
#5554 4 years ago

thank goodness

i was concerned that Whitey had nothing to play during the lock-down....

#5555 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Just landed

Congrats You scored with number 1

#5556 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Just landed[quoted image]

Wow
#1!

#5557 4 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Really nice collection you have there! Congrats

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Thats one nice lineup

Thanks guys

#5558 4 years ago

Just finished payment today... hopefully en route soon!

#5559 4 years ago

I did notice that the serial # is 4001 ?

If this is marked number 1 out of 200 !
Should I leave it in the box ?

#5560 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Yes. Then bring it to my house. You can have mine when it arrives in a month or two.

#5561 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

It won't be labeled 1 out of 200, but it's number 1 based on serial. It will definitely be worth some $ later.

#5562 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Last I heard there should be about 350 RE's made. So 1 of 350...

#5563 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Yes eh - we need to get a database going of all the #'s as it looks like they will be more limited than the LE's even if CGC doesn't want to give us any special recognition of the RE on a nameplate etc. Looks like the ones coming north will be June if lucky

#5564 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Originally CGC said 200 REs out of 500 total from this run. They also said that after this first run then no more REs.
Did CGC say they changed their plan? Was anything officially stated from them?

#5565 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Yes eh - we need to get a database going of all the #'s as it looks like they will be more limited than the LE's even if CGC doesn't want to give us any special recognition of the RE on a nameplate etc. Looks like the ones coming north will be June if lucky

P1 has to re-open before they get shipped North.. I'm pretty anxious to get my hands on mine!

Originally CGC said 200 REs out of 500 total from this run. They also said that after this first run then no more REs.
Did CGC say they changed their plan? Was anything officially stated from them?

Yes. On one of the other threads. Don't feel like digging through it right now.

They explained the whole rationale. That this would be a 500 machine run in total and RE's based on pre-sales. In the end it was 350 REs (confirmed by my distro) and 150 total SEs and CEs combined.

#5566 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

P1 has to re-open before they get shipped North.. I'm pretty anxious to get my hands on mine!

Yes me toooooo!!

#5567 4 years ago

It would be helpful if the versions of MMr from this run could be added to the list. For now my MMrSE is in my collection as a MMrLE until something is done.

#5568 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I was thinking the same thing. I started a MMRRE database thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmrre-tracking-thread#post-5610429

I included the 5 machines that I'm aware of from this thread.

#5569 4 years ago

Strictly from a business standpoint why would CGC limit the number of RE's? It is clearly their most profitable game to date. Its essentially the same platform as MBRLE (except the powder coated coin door), and that sold for $8K. Their selling royals at $10K so thats a shit load of profit. It might be a few years before they make more, but its my guess they will continue to make the game if theres demand. Theres a reason why theres not a numbering system on the game. The caveat to that is maybe they just want to sell upgrade kits as the topper, lighting, display and armor are kits people can just buy if they want the royal experience.

#5570 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

..its my guess they will continue to make the game if theres demand..

I agree bud

#5571 4 years ago

but if they never make another run than the royals will be truly limited

#5572 4 years ago

I heard no more royals

#5573 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Strictly from a business standpoint why would CGC limit the number of RE's? It is clearly their most profitable game to date. Its essentially the same platform as MBRLE (except the powder coated coin door), and that sold for $8K. Their selling royals at $10K so thats a shit load of profit. It might be a few years before they make more, but its my guess they will continue to make the game if theres demand. Theres a reason why theres not a numbering system on the game. The caveat to that is maybe they just want to sell upgrade kits as the topper, lighting, display and armor are kits people can just buy if they want the royal experience.

Your business assumption is incorrect. The cost of buying a RE is the same as CE+accessories or SE+accessories. They all add up to $10k. The most profitable would be the CE + accessories. That way they have no labour costs to install that stuff in the machine, and no added powder coat costs. They still get $10k, but a higher profit margin by selling the addons separately.

The inflated selling price (when compared to MBr and AFMr) is to keep the previous owners happy, since they are the ones that paved the way for CGC to start manufacturing remakes.

Also the numbering (or NON numbering) is also likely to keep the LE owners happy. This has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread already.

I wouldn't be surprised however if a couple of years down the road we see CGC "modernize" the design of the remakes. Like a MB2.0 / AFM2.0 / MM2.0. LCD screen, new animations... Make it look like the modern counterparts being produced now... Only time will tell....

#5574 4 years ago

For those that have their Royal Editions how does the powder coat compare to the original MMr LE with black trim?

#5575 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Your business assumption is incorrect. The cost of buying a RE is the same as CE+accessories or SE+accessories. They all add up to $10k. The most profitable would be the CE + accessories. That way they have no labour costs to install that stuff in the machine, and no added powder coat costs. They still get $10k, but a higher profit margin by selling the addons separately.
The inflated selling price (when compared to MBr and AFMr) is to keep the previous owners happy, since they are the ones that paved the way for CGC to start manufacturing remakes.
Also the numbering (or NON numbering) is also likely to keep the LE owners happy. This has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread already.
I wouldn't be surprised however if a couple of years down the road we see CGC "modernize" the design of the remakes. Like a MB2.0 / AFM2.0 / MM2.0. LCD screen, new animations... Make it look like the modern counterparts being produced now... Only time will tell....

I understand why they were keeping the LE owners happy with their current MMR pricing structure (I have an LE). What I was saying as a stand alone completed game the RE is by far their highest profit game to date as the labor costs to deliver a CE versus a RE are exactly the same. The only difference is they have to package the topper in its own box, strap to the game, and ship.

#5576 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

For those that have their Royal Editions how does the powder coat compare to the original MMr LE with black trim?

I can't compare because I don't have an LE, but I'll post these. I think it looks great.
The coin door and speaker panel add a nice touch too.

20200422_095839 (resized).jpg20200422_095839 (resized).jpg20200422_095918 (resized).jpg20200422_095918 (resized).jpg
#5577 4 years ago

You are correct it is a bit of a $$ grab considering what the AFMrLE and MBrLE sold for. which have the bigger screen Topper and powder coated rails etc. But for most, if your going to spend 8K, whats another 2K to get what you want and may not have a chance to get again. I kicked my ass for not getting the AFMrLE so figured i may as well bend over and take it like a man this time

#5578 4 years ago

The powder coat trim looks really sharp; and CGC also coating the coin door is a nice touch.

Can’t wait for our local distributor (P1) to open its doors to get these beauties delivered.

#5579 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

You are correct it is a bit of a $$ grab considering what the AFMrLE and MBrLE sold for. which have the bigger screen Topper and powder coated rails etc. But for most, if your going to spend 8K, whats another 2K to get what you want and may not have a chance to get again. I kicked my ass for not getting the AFMrLE so figured i may as well bend over and take it like a man this time

Good man! u only live once

#5580 4 years ago

I can't compare because I don't have an LE, but I'll post these. I think it looks great.
The coin door and speaker panel add a nice touch too.[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the LE in black, and the RE armor looks a little nicer in my opinion...both look good ...we didn't get the powder coated coin door, but its already black so u really can't tell

#5581 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good man! u only live once

I have the MBrLE and its a beauty so i hope nothing less for this one. You can definitely tell the build quality is there but the play field still dimples so that one they do need to improve on lol

#5582 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I have the MBrLE and its a beauty so i hope nothing less for this one. You can definitely tell the build quality is there but the play field still dimples so that one they do need to improve on lol

Not sure why, but my MMRLE didn't dimple as much as my MBRLE or AFMRLE

#5583 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not sure why, but my MMRLE didn't dimple as much as my MBRLE or AFMRLE

Weren't the MMR playfields made by a different manufacturer than the AFMR and MBR playfields?

#5584 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Weren't the MMR playfields made by a different manufacturer than the AFMR and MBR playfields?

I don't know? I always thought CGC made their own play fields?

#5585 4 years ago

The coin door and speaker panel add a nice touch too.[quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous!! I'll bet even better in person

They announced ( for the millionth time) 350 RE's....only made in this run. The other 150 would be a mix of SE and CE. So fwiw, if you have an RE, it's 1 of 350...good grief...

#5586 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't know? I always thought CGC made their own play fields?

Correct. Stern assembled the first MMR run and it was and is a CGC playfield.

#5587 4 years ago

I’ve heard 200 Royals , 350 ? But was also told after this it will be a long time before
There done again if ever ?

I’m still thinking Addams next ?

#5588 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I’ve heard 200 Royals , 350 ? But was also told after this it will be a long time before

However many there are, there is only a single number one. And you have it.

#5589 4 years ago

Pics we need more pics and video even better come on guys help the rest of us out that may be waiting months yet

#5590 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Pics we need more pics and video even better come on guys help the rest of us out that may be waiting months yet

Let me know specifically what you want to see and I'll post more pics

#5591 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Come on we all know that if theres enough demand they'll build it again...why wouldn't they? Its been a few years since they did another MMR run so it will probably be a couple more before they do another run of royals or whatever they decided to call it.

#5592 4 years ago

Let me know specifically what you want to see and I'll post more pics

would like some nice close ups of the play field and the speaker panel finish

#5593 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Come on we all know that if theres enough demand they'll build it again...why wouldn't they? Its been a few years since they did another MMR run so it will probably be a couple more before they do another run of royals or whatever they decided to call it.

I'm holding out for the Prime Minister edition.

#5594 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I didn’t say never but there’s a list of remakes they want to do , so it’s not anytime soon . I have decent info on remakes , I knew 6 months before MMR went up for sale from day one ,I told some close pinball buddy’s and they laughed .

So if you really wanna know BBBR is next

#5595 4 years ago

Ha ha suckers ! It’s Punchy LE

#5596 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I didn’t say never but there’s a list of remakes they want to do , so it’s not anytime soon . I have decent info on remakes , I knew 6 months before MMR went up for sale from day one ,I told some close pinball buddy’s and they laughed .
So if you really wanna know BBBR is next

I think it will be a few years, but if people want it they'll build it...all depends if the next remake sells very well. I have my doubts its BBBR....I heard from my source at the factory its TOTAN

#5597 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I heard from my source at the factory its TOTAN

There’s a lot of them for sale these days.

Robert

#5598 4 years ago

I am happy to see that some of the MMR RE's are getting shipped. I put down a deposit in the latter part of October, so I have a question for those who have had their pins delivered; when did you originally place your orders? The reason for the inquiry is that I am trying to form an educated guess of when I will get mine. (of course, I am assuming that there is some chronological order in play) Thx!

#5599 4 years ago
Quoted from RooDoom:

I am happy to see that some of the MMR RE's are getting shipped. I put down a deposit in the latter part of October, so I have a question for those who have had their pins delivered; when did you originally place your orders? The reason for the inquiry is that I am trying to form an educated guess of when I will get mine. (of course, I am assuming that there is some chronological order in play) Thx!

I ordered my RE in January and I’ve been asked to pay for an early May shipment.

I think a few things come into play though. People in front of me cancelled or asked to be skipped. The number of RE a distributor has ordered, might change when CGC ships out their orders, etc

I would talk to your distributor.

#5600 4 years ago

I ordered and put a deposit down the day after it was announced with Zach at Flipnout. He has gotten no info on when it will arrive. Seems like the ones who got there’s first came from planetary maybe?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/112?hl=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.