3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 203.
#5301 4 years ago

I bailed on my order for a Royal last week. Believe me, it was painful and not an easy decision. Thankfully I was refunded my deposit by my distributor.

Parting with $10k for a toy right now is completely looney in my opinion. I have that money with my financial advisor, ready to fire into the market to help make up for the recent losses.

If the market continues to tank, I won’t invest it and I’ll be much better off with $10k.

To me, either one of these decisions is a smarter financial move than a $10k toy. Either the virus sees an end and the market comes back, so my $10k becomes $12.5-$15k. Or the market tanks more and my $10k can buy food and essentials.

Best of luck to those still in on one. I’ll be jealous when you all are playing them!

#5302 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I bailed on my order for a Royal last week. Believe me, it was painful and not an easy decision. Thankfully I was refunded my deposit by my distributor.
Parting with $10k for a toy right now is completely looney in my opinion. I have that money with my financial advisor, ready to fire into the market to help make up for the recent losses.
If the market continues to tank, I won’t invest it and I’ll be much better off with $10k.
To me, either one of these decisions is a smarter financial move than a $10k toy. Either the virus sees an end and the market comes back, so my $10k becomes $12.5-$15k. Or the market tanks more and my $10k can buy food and essentials.
Best of luck to those still in on one. I’ll be jealous when you all are playing them!

Invest it in the market and when the madness is over, you will have 20K. By then the Royal will be available for you to purchase and you will still have your original 10K leftover

#5303 4 years ago

Still eagerly awaiting my Royal.

#5304 4 years ago

Hey Guys- how about some more un-boxing pics of the new machines?? There must be some of you that are getting them delivered

#5305 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey Guys- how about some more un-boxing pics of the new machines?? There must be some of you that are getting them delivered

Here you go. Classic edition i received at the end of January.

20200131_115702 (resized).jpg20200131_115702 (resized).jpg20200131_121949 (resized).jpg20200131_121949 (resized).jpg
#5306 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What a difference a few hrs or days make (referring to myself). Since I lose the deposit no matter what, I am putting decision off until they ask for final payment. You are right, it makes zero sense to fork over $10,000 right now.

#5307 4 years ago
Quoted from OverPar:

Here you go. Classic edition i received at the end of January.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome!!! Thx for posting - keep them coming as we all need some good news these days and seeing someone getting a new pin always makes me smile - would be even more if it was me though

#5308 4 years ago

Are the CE’s sold out? Do they plan on making more after the RE’s?

#5309 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Are the CE’s sold out? Do they plan on making more after the RE’s?

I think i read on here something like 500 or so total run with the RE being 350 of them but who knows. I would think if you want one they would make them unless they are moving to the next pin but haven't seen any new release info for it yet.

#5310 4 years ago

Sara at PPS told me they would most likely do another run of SE’s after the new title release is finished later in the year.

#5311 4 years ago

Sold my original MM to buy the Royal addition. As much as I hate to part with almost 10k, getting the Royal model makes it bearable. Doing my part to help the economy!

#5312 4 years ago

Looking forward to getting our Royal. Any update would be appreciated. I’d gladly take delivery and pay the postage in the future for the topper interface board.

#5313 4 years ago
Quoted from Puckstop:

Any update would be appreciated.

Hard to say with Illinois shut down.

LTG : )

#5314 4 years ago
Quoted from Puckstop:

Looking forward to getting our Royal. Any update would be appreciated. I’d gladly take delivery and pay the postage in the future for the topper interface board.

Even if that shipment of parts somehow came in today, it would be awhile. Illinois is under shelter in place, so that would have to end, then get the employees back to work (likely to still be restrictions when the shelter order ends), and then deal with shipping (freight has to move through so many areas affected by the coronavirus that it might not be able to ship for along time too. I do wish they had gotten those and shipped the games out before the shutdown, that would have made this isolation easier to handle (it was to be my first pin).

#5315 4 years ago

Reached out to CGC. Didn't expect much, but did get this. Pretty much what the last couple of posts have alluded too.

"With everything that has been going on throughout the world, MMr Royal has experienced many delays.

Currently the state of Illinois is under a “stay at home” order from the governor. We will be resuming production lines as soon as we can ensure the health and safety of our employees and vendors."

#5316 4 years ago

So my first MMR-CE issue.

Castle Diverter stuck closed.

Fuses good. Diverter test: Power is fine, diverter goes up and down with no issues. Diverter hold, nothing. Solder joints are good, wiring is good. Assembly is smooth. Unplugged molex to diverter coil. Power winding is 32 Ohms, Hold winding is open. All right ramp switches are fine. Opened a ticket with CGC.

#5317 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

So my first MMR-CE issue.
Fuses good. Diverter test: Power is fine, diverter goes up and down with no issues. Diverter hold, nothing. Solder joints are good, wiring is good. Assembly is smooth. Unplugged molex to diverter coil. Power winding is 32 Ohms, Hold winding is open. All right ramp switches are fine. Opened a ticket with CGC.

Are talking about the Damsel ramp diverter?

#5318 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

Error on the screen ?

Page 1-54 in your manual explains the error and what to do about it.

#5319 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Are talking about the Damsel ramp diverter?

Correct.

Quoted from LTG:

Error on the screen ?
Page 1-54 in your manual explains the error and what to do about it.

Thanks LTG! First thing I went through, its 1-57 in the new manual. Entry/Exit switches are fine through test and Ohms checks out of circuit. Tower Lock post works flawlessly. Verified voltages in Solenoid Test as well for Power and Hold on the diverter, voltages are good. Everything is pointing at an open Hold winding still from my experience and testing.

#5320 4 years ago

i still have some of this stainless steel w-logos

und just 2 coat of arms speaker grills

Logo + shipping 45,-$

c coat of arms + logo shipped 70,- just today the last kit the factory is down

1e57727ad4a3c14a807d4833362e16becef811f3 (resized).jpg1e57727ad4a3c14a807d4833362e16becef811f3 (resized).jpg
#5321 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

Correct.

Thanks LTG! First thing I went through, its 1-57 in the new manual. Entry/Exit switches are fine through test and Ohms checks out of circuit. Tower Lock post works flawlessly. Verified voltages in Solenoid Test as well for Power and Hold on the diverter, voltages are good. Everything is pointing at an open Hold winding still from my experience and testing.

The only issues I have ever had with the diverter were hanging up on the ramp slot going down or hitting the ramp slot edge on the way up. Good luck!

#5322 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

The only issues I have ever had with the diverter were hanging up on the ramp slot going down or hitting the ramp slot edge on the way up. Good luck!

Thanks! Any info helps and its why I posted my situation.

Diverter assembly is smooth and isn't hanging up at all. CGC requested multiple pictures of the whole assembly to prove that wasn't the case and I even took pictures of the solder joints. They agree its an open coil on the hold winding and will be sending one out after their stay at home order is lifted.

#5323 4 years ago

i have a noce topper for sale with led eyes and costume painted

170,- shipped

just connect to 12 V DC

IMG_7568 (resized).jpegIMG_7568 (resized).jpeg
#5324 4 years ago

Wanted to give a shout out to brian-allen for his new MM translite. My photo SUCKS (colors got washed out) but it looks beautiful when installed.
FC488CCA-E5AE-4A2F-ACDF-135941FC6F01 (resized).jpegFC488CCA-E5AE-4A2F-ACDF-135941FC6F01 (resized).jpeg

#5325 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Wanted to give a shout out to brian-allen for his new MM translite. My photos SUCKS (colors got washed out) but it looks beautiful when installed.[quoted image]

That's bullshit!!
Where's mine?!?

That looks incredible. Cannot wait until mine arrives! Congrats!

#5326 4 years ago

Finally made Madness Champion. Not sure what is going on with the M as it sits about halfway down from the rest of the letters.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5327 4 years ago

Hi All,

Question for everyone. I turned on my MMr this morning and all my high scores were wiped and they went back to default. I am assuming that the battery needs to replaced. Am I right in my assumption? Thanks in advance for anyone providing aid on this.

#5328 4 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i have a noce topper for sale with led eyes and costume painted
170,- shipped
just connect to 12 V DC[quoted image]

its 265mm h.

#5329 4 years ago

Does this new run of MMr with the wide screen still use the clear castle inserts or is CGC using the white inserts like on the originals?
05C922D9-E93F-4846-A5B2-D43DDB00150B (resized).jpeg05C922D9-E93F-4846-A5B2-D43DDB00150B (resized).jpegFFCEE3F8-A667-4481-8B58-92D175BD50D4 (resized).jpegFFCEE3F8-A667-4481-8B58-92D175BD50D4 (resized).jpeg

#5330 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hi All,
Question for everyone. I turned on my MMr this morning and all my high scores were wiped and they went back to default. I am assuming that the battery needs to replaced. Am I right in my assumption? Thanks in advance for anyone providing aid on this.

How many plays on your game? If your game is still set on free play, but scores reset, battery is good. Scores reset after a certain number of games, maybe 2000. It’s in the settings.

#5331 4 years ago

Here are how they look in my MMrSE.

20200227_154919 (resized).jpg20200227_154919 (resized).jpg
#5332 3 years ago

Good Morning all you MMr owners.

I needed to pick your brains this morning regarding the darkness of the playfield of MMr when compared to my other pins. I own a MMR standard to give some context and am currently awaiting the XL display and speaker upgrade kit and the GI upgrade kit from CGC.

Assuming the GI upgrade kit does not illuminate the playfield to my satisfaction, I will be looking at purchasing a pin stadium or some equivalent to "lighten" things up a bit. Would anyone care to comment on this for me please or provide some pictures of a before and after with pin stadiums on their MMr. I am trying to justify the cost of purchasing one as they are mad expensive.

Look forward to hearing you.

#5333 3 years ago

Do the new Royal games have protectors installed from the factory? Just put some on my standard and it's so frustrating that $6 of bent metal can't come with a $8,300 game.

#5334 3 years ago

Just an update on my Tower Diverter issue. Since CGC is down and will be sending a new coil once they are allowed back to work. I ordered a coil from PPS. Installed it last night, did the Tower tests to clear the error, and it is 100% again. I know it is rare for this coil to have issues, but it was indeed a bad hold winding.

#5335 3 years ago

Waiting months for these Royals to actually ship out just sucks. I know, I know,.. first world problems.
But damnit if CGC had shipped out ON TIME we'd have our games during this LAME virus shutdown BS.
There, I said it!!
Grrrrrr

#5336 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Waiting months for these Royals to actually ship out just sucks. I know, I know,.. first world problems.
But damnit if CGC had shipped out ON TIME we'd have our games during this LAME virus shutdown BS.
There, I said it!!
Grrrrrr

I know it sucks for sure. I wonder how many are going to bail on this at 10K as they need $$ for other things now. I am betting a good bunch and I am sure sales for all the manufactures are going to be slow for the foreseeable future.

#5337 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I know it sucks for sure. I wonder how many are going to bail on this at 10K as they need $$ for other things now. I am betting a good bunch and I am sure sales for all the manufactures are going to be slow for the foreseeable future.

I have the money for this sitting since August 2019 but if the exchange rate doesn't recover I may have to bail also.

#5338 3 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Most probable statement on Pinside I’ve read. I’ve also had the funds saved up but let’s see...

Job market will be at a snails pace if you’re not in the health care industry.

Property taxes will not be withheld, maybe postponed...and will definitely increase.

Banks care about us...so I’m sure the mortgage companies will understa...I’m sorry, couldn’t finish that with a straight face!

Kids gotta eat. Living costs money. Someone’s paying for this 2.2 trillion dollar hiatus, so expect monetary pain for years.

Oh, you’ve got stocks and bonds? 401k? Yeah....your moneys gone. Next in line please.

Most of all, folks are dying. Good folks, with other folks who love them. This, above all the other listed noise, is paramount. How can I spend on a toy when others are hurting? Feels wrong and selfish.

#5339 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Good Morning all you MMr owners.
I needed to pick your brains this morning regarding the darkness of the playfield of MMr when compared to my other pins. I own a MMR standard to give some context and am currently awaiting the XL display and speaker upgrade kit and the GI upgrade kit from CGC.
Assuming the GI upgrade kit does not illuminate the playfield to my satisfaction, I will be looking at purchasing a pin stadium or some equivalent to "lighten" things up a bit. Would anyone care to comment on this for me please or provide some pictures of a before and after with pin stadiums on their MMr. I am trying to justify the cost of purchasing one as they are mad expensive.
Look forward to hearing you.

I'm in the same boat as you...ordered my upgrades the day they were announced (Aug?) and have been waiting ever since...

I always find games to be a bit too dark (maybe its something with my eyes...) and I love Pinstadium Omegas personally, which only add white light and UV flashing, not colors, and don't have the "lines" the other product lines create on the ramps. I also really like the Xstreams, which are similar, but mount on the outside of the game, which allows you to move them from game to game if you can only afford one set.

I also added a frosted red LED strip in the ball trough.

Here's some pics with the lights on and off.MMr Pinstadium Off (resized).jpgMMr Pinstadium Off (resized).jpg

MMr Pinstadium On (resized).jpgMMr Pinstadium On (resized).jpg
#5340 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Most probable statement on Pinside I’ve read. I’ve also had the funds saved up but let’s see...
Job market will be at a snails pace if you’re not in the health care industry.
Property taxes will not be withheld, maybe postponed...and will definitely increase.
Banks care about us...so I’m sure the mortgage companies will understa...I’m sorry, couldn’t finish that with a straight face!
Kids gotta eat. Living costs money. Someone’s paying for this 2.2 trillion dollar hiatus, so expect monetary pain for years.
Oh, you’ve got stocks and bonds? 401k? Yeah....your moneys gone. Next in line please.
Most of all, folks are dying. Good folks, with other folks who love them. This, above all the other listed noise, is paramount. How can I spend on a toy when others are hurting? Feels wrong and selfish.

Well said. I have 16 out 25 employees at home right now. I'm paying them for now but I can't do that forever. They finally come back to work and then a new game shows up on our loading dock? I'd feel like an ass.

#5341 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Well said. I have 16 out 25 employees at home right now. I'm paying them for now but I can't do that forever. They finally come back to work and then a new game shows up on our loading dock? I'd feel like an ass.

Doesn’t make you one. Not at all. Enjoy it. You earned it. But when someone needs help, I’m sure you’ll be up to the task.

#5342 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I'm in the same boat as you...ordered my upgrades the day they were announced (Aug?)

Which upgrades ?

If you mean the bigger screen, RGB lights, speakers, and topper. They were announced at Expo in October. To be available after the royal editions were produced.

They made Classics and Specials. Not sure how far they got, and were waiting on parts to move forward with where they were on the Royals. Then all hell broke loose.

So it's going to be awhile to reopen, get supply lines moving again. And get stuff out the doors.

I'm as anxious as anybody to get the updates in my game so I have some knowledge if tech support calls come in.

#5343 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I'm in the same boat as you...ordered my upgrades the day they were announced (Aug?) and have been waiting ever since...
I always find games to be a bit too dark (maybe its something with my eyes...) and I love Pinstadium Omegas personally, which only add white light and UV flashing, not colors, and don't have the "lines" the other product lines create on the ramps. I also really like the Xstreams, which are similar, but mount on the outside of the game, which allows you to move them from game to game if you can only afford one set.
Here's some pics with the lights on and off.[quoted image][quoted image]

That is an amazing difference! You sold me! Thank you so much for the help.

#5344 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Here's some pics with the lights on and off.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thinking about it a little more now, I am honestly wondering if I just get a Pin Stadium Fusion and pass on the CGC MMR GI Illumination Upgrade Kit altogether. Chances are the same effect will be achieved that way. Thoughts?

#5345 3 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I have the money for this sitting since August 2019 but if the exchange rate doesn't recover I may have to bail also.

Yes EH - us hosers are gonna really get hosed with the exchange - i think we are at like close to 16K CAN with the taxes

#5346 3 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Thinking about it a little more now, I am honestly wondering if I just get a Pin Stadium Fusion and pass on the CGC MMR GI Illumination Upgrade Kit altogether. Chances are the same effect will be achieved that way. Thoughts?

Doesn't the cgc kit make all the GI RGB? Fusions gives you four flashers that you can set to any color you wish, but not the GI. That is set it and leave it with any of the pinstadiums. They do illuminate really well though.

#5347 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Which upgrades ?
If you mean the bigger screen, RGB lights, speakers, and topper. They were announced at Expo in October. To be available after the royal editions were produced.

Yep, just checked my order and it was Nov 7, for the GI, Topper, and Bigger Screen, so I guess it just seems like I've been waiting longer...

Ripshill the Fusions are the only Pinstadium product I haven't used yet..., but you can ask Scott ( pinstadium ) and I'm sure he'll be able to help show you from someone else's kit how it'd look.

#5348 3 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Yep, just checked my order and it was Nov 7, for the GI, Topper, and Bigger Screen, so I guess it just seems like I've been waiting longer...
ripshill the Fusions are the only Pinstadium product I haven't used yet..., but you can ask Scott ( pinstadium ) and I'm sure he'll be able to help show you from someone else's kit how it'd look.

Morning vongator, I actually purchased a set of pin stadium fusions from scott last night. I will provide a before and after picture for all to see and judge for themselves.

#5349 3 years ago

Sweet. You'll have to post a video so we can see all the flashers in action!

#5350 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

See that is what I am struggling with. I am waiting for mine, deposit paid in November of 2019. But I feel guilty....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 85.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/107?hl=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.