IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 204.
#5251 4 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

will do a re run
of the speaker grills
Re-Run 2020
1 Kit (2 pieces) shipped to USA 55$
just clue some mini neodymium magnets at the parts, best and easy way[quoted image]

How do I order?

#5252 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

How do I order?

Send him a PM. That is what he did in the past.

LTG : )

#5253 4 years ago

Unboxed, taken to the basement (Dungeon) and now set up ready to play! The sounds are so good, it rumbles, may not need a shaker!

IMG_9856 (resized).jpgIMG_9856 (resized).jpg
#5254 4 years ago

This piece came down the playfield while my son was playing and I can’t figure out where it came from. He did not have access to take the glass off. The game is still working but I don’t want to cause more damage if it is an important part. Does anyone know what this piece is and where it goes? Thank you.

AE8B4C8A-61CA-4A4B-9AEA-3C62EBE41253 (resized).jpegAE8B4C8A-61CA-4A4B-9AEA-3C62EBE41253 (resized).jpegE812885F-7E33-4210-822A-EE46E88FEFA1 (resized).jpegE812885F-7E33-4210-822A-EE46E88FEFA1 (resized).jpeg
#5256 4 years ago
Quoted from Meech:

This piece came down the playfield while my son was playing and I can’t figure out where it came from. He did not have access to take the glass off. The game is still working but I don’t want to cause more damage if it is an important part. Does anyone know what this piece is and where it goes? Thank you.[quoted image][quoted image]

Is there anything not working properly or not working at all? That will help to determine it's origin....

#5257 4 years ago

Everything looks to be working fine

#5258 4 years ago
Quoted from Meech:

Everything looks to be working fine

Castle gate works too? Looks like maybe someone had placed an extra rod in pin during assembly maybe?

#5259 4 years ago

Castle gate is working

#5260 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Sara at planetary said that cgc told her early March.

From PPB email received 3/7
"games are not going to start shipping probably until April"

#5261 4 years ago

Patience is a virtue but we’d really like our Royal. Same bs as when we purchased our MB. Extensions, no updates, etc. Thankfully they build a solid pin.

#5262 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

From PPB email received 3/7
"games are not going to start shipping probably until April"

That is unfortunate, but not unexpected. The way things are going with the markets, I'm hoping I still have any money by the time they ship the thing.

#5263 4 years ago

Received word from distributor today. CGC provided a release that Royal's are 99.9% complete and truly built and simply waiting for 1 board for the topper from China. Once these come in, they will be ready to ship out. They stated that there will be no queues. All machines will be ready and shipped out at once. Therefore, it all depends on the effects from the viral pandemic.

#5264 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike13l:

Received word from distributor today. CGC provided a release that Royal's are 99.9% complete and truly built and simply waiting for 1 board for the topper from China. Once these come in, they will be ready to ship out. They stated that there will be no queues. All machines will be ready and shipped out at once. Therefore, it all depends on the effects from the viral pandemic.

Shipping without the topper right now is not an option for them?

#5265 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Shipping without the topper right now is not an option for them?

Nope. Because there would be one Kannada baby that raised holy hell about getting an incomplete game or having to touch a screwdriver on a new game that ruins it for everyone.

#5266 4 years ago

At this point, I would be more than willing take the game and then drive the hour down when the topper is done and pick it up.

#5267 4 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Nope. Because there would be one Kannada baby that raised holy hell about getting an incomplete game or having to touch a screwdriver on a new game that ruins it for everyone.

Maybe they could change the name of it to stopper. As in, show stopper.

#5268 4 years ago

As much as I’d like to be playing my game right now..... it makes no business sense to ship them out incomplete.. CGC doesn’t deal with retail.

Shipping out 350 toppers separately is cost prohibitive. Who would pay?

What if the board goes in the game and not in the topper? While some if not most are ok with it, not everybody is comfortable installing boards. The whole “I paid $10k for a complete game” comes to mind. Same for the extra shipping involved.

This is not critical medical equipment. It’s a luxury toy. Waiting an extra month is an inconvenience, nothing more.

Sucks and I am tired of waiting. But it’s only pinball!

#5269 4 years ago

funny part is, I just snagged one of the original run and there is so much packed in to the original game I don't understand the Royal Edition. Bringing it inline with the other 2 games oversized displays and light show is cool but not $2000 cool. It helps I'm not a big fan of the oversized display and toppers never did it for me either. Lighting, I'll have to look into that.

#5270 4 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

funny part is, I just snagged one of the original run and there is so much packed in to the original game I don't understand the Royal Edition. Bringing it inline with the other 2 games oversized displays and light show is cool but not $2000 cool. It helps I'm not a big fan of the oversized display and toppers never did it for me either. Lighting, I'll have to look into that.

The large display upgrades the stock speakers/sound for the prior remakes. The sound is weak (weaker than AFMR and MBR) in the prior remake runs of MMR and noticeable. It's really the only thing that the prior MMRs lack IMHO. DIY sound upgrades might be cheaper but I do not know if the large display kit changes something other than just the speakers.

#5271 4 years ago

It just occurred to me that these Royals (being in line with other manufacturer's top-of-the-line pins) should include some type of HD/invisi glass. I hadn't thought of it before. I'm surprised that they don't.

#5272 4 years ago

huh ok. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Hoping there is an example of the royal edition at MGC so I can see if I really need any of it. Is the upgrade kit only for the previous editions or are the CE able to be upgraded too?

Got a buddy looking at a MB and he was asking me about the lighting upgrade and I'm unclear on what's available and if its just for MMR

#5273 4 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Got a buddy looking at a MB and he was asking me about the lighting upgrade and I'm unclear on what's available and if its just for MMR

Just for MMR.

#5274 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just for MMR.

and why didn't I just ask LTG in the first place (facepalm)

#5275 4 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

and why didn't I just ask LTG in the first place (facepalm)

Because the response may help others.

Good job my friend !

#5276 4 years ago

does anyone have a picture of the GI socket lugs that you connect the Merlin Mod to for a MMr? it's the lermods merlin that is only one color. i am by no means proficient at this stuff but feel like this is pretty straight forward but it's either a) defective and not working b) i'm not hooking it to the correct socket lug. the socket lugs look different than what i am used to seeing on bally/williams games. please help and thanks in advance.

#5277 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

does anyone have a picture of the GI socket lugs that you connect the Merlin Mod to for a MMr? it's the lermods merlin that is only one color. i am by no means proficient at this stuff but feel like this is pretty straight forward but it's either a) defective and not working b) i'm not hooking it to the correct socket lug. the socket lugs look different than what i am used to seeing on bally/williams games. please help and thanks in advance.

PM them. I sent my mods back to Rob for retrofitting. Lermods gives great customer service! I have all their MMr mods.

When I got them back, he had installed new connectors that connect all four of their mods to the game’s power supply terminal.

If you have the blue dragon, the dragon will not work as those are 6v bulbs. The Merlin, catapult and Archer should work, but they will need to be retrofitted.

NOTE: the picture is from a different product, but you get the idea.

With the new wiring, they now all tap here...
90C7305D-3D1F-4601-9B49-4DD02F712169 (resized).jpeg90C7305D-3D1F-4601-9B49-4DD02F712169 (resized).jpeg

#5278 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

PM them. I sent my mods back to Rob for retrofitting. Lermods gives great customer service! I have all their MMr mods.
When I got them back, he had installed new connectors that connect all four of their mods to the game’s power supply terminal.
If you have the blue dragon, the dragon will not work as those are 6v bulbs. The Merlin, catapult and Archer should work, but they will need to be retrofitted.
NOTE: the picture is from a different product, but you get the idea.
With the new wiring, they now all tap here...
[quoted image]

Yep, if you buy from our site, we give the option to choose the game, including the new versions. We’ve alerted our partner resellers to provide this option, but some have not done it yet. All of our mods will work on the new versions of the game, we just need to know which version of the game you have. If you think you have the wrong connections, just email us, we are providing the new connections for free.

#5279 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yep, if you buy from our site, we give the option to choose the game, including the new versions. We’ve alerted our partner resellers to provide this option, but some have not done it yet. All of our mods will work on the new versions of the game, we just need to know which version of the game you have. If you think you have the wrong connections, just email us, we are providing the new connections for free.

Have you looked into making the trolls with lit eyes for MMR? I would like a pair.

#5280 4 years ago
Quoted from BlazerB:

Have you looked into making the trolls with lit eyes for MMR? I would like a pair.

Nope, I thought someone else did it. It’s not hard, but I don’t want to take my trolls out.

#5281 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks for the pic and thanks Rob for quickly replying to my email. This dude provides awesome customer service and moving forward, I will be ordering direct from Lermods and not a reseller. Always amazed at the generosity of the pinball community to help each other out. Thanks all.

#5282 4 years ago

I ended up doing the troll mod myself. You can buy a set from Pinwize like I did, but they ended up not working, even though I was told they are MMr compatible. When I connected them to the troll coil, it blew out the LEDs. It could have been a fluke, but I chalked it up to the coils in the MMr may be a slightly higher voltage than the originals. I bought my own parts to make the mod, which included 3.6K/2W resistors. Took a little doing, but extremely happy with how they turned out. I got a lot of mods, but these are one of my favorites.

zXK4S9E (resized).jpgzXK4S9E (resized).jpg
#5283 4 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

I ended up doing the troll mod myself. You can buy a set from Pinwize like I did, but they ended up not working, even though I was told they are MMr compatible. When I connected them to the troll coil, it blew out the LEDs. It could have been a fluke, but I chalked it up to the coils in the MMr may be a slightly higher voltage than the originals. I bought my own parts to make the mod, which included 3.6K/2W resistors. Took a little doing, but extremely happy with how they turned out. I got a lot of mods, but these are one of my favorites.[quoted image]

I’m curious, why hook to the coils for the troll eyes? Why not just hook to gi and have them always lit? You can’t see the lights when they are down and they’ll be lit when they pop up. Seems pinwize made them overly complicated. You can also use prewired leds.

#5284 4 years ago

I purchased a kit that included the LED's, Wire and resistor. I connected the LED's to the prospective flashers so the Troll eyes flash. I think it looks cool to have flashing eyes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-mods-post-them-here#post-3259773

#5285 4 years ago

An RE sure would brighten my day. Just sayin’........

#5286 4 years ago

The inevitable self isolation sure would have been more fun with a RE already in my collection...

#5287 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m curious, why hook to the coils for the troll eyes? Why not just hook to gi and have them always lit? You can’t see the lights when they are down and they’ll be lit when they pop up. Seems pinwize made them overly complicated. You can also use prewired leds.

Honestly, I was just going by his install instructions and didn't think of that. I don't mind them being on the coils now, and I see no reason to change it. They've been rock solid. No need for them to be always on. It's certainly something to consider for anyone else attempting the mod though.

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

I purchased a kit that included the LED's, Wire and resistor. I connected the LED's to the prospective flashers so the Troll eyes flash. I think it looks cool to have flashing eyes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-mods-post-them-here#post-3259773

That does look kind of cool. I ordered some LEDs off of amazon and they ended up being a bit larger than the ones that came with my kit. I had to drill out the eye holes a bit more to get them to fit, so if the ones in my photo look a lot bigger, that's why. I kind of like it better though. Stands out. I think I also prefer that they are on the whole time. It's a cool effect when they first pop up, especially with the PinStadiums. But that's the beauty of modding yourself. Do what suits your own preference.

Also, love the effect when trolls are up and you get the EB flash after second castle.

#5288 4 years ago

Anyone else have an MMrRE on order that is a little uneasy on parting with $10k right now? My distributor is great, keeping me up to date, and has told me to get the remaining money due in very shortly because CGC is only waiting for one final part for the topper. $10k is a tough pill to swallow with all this excessive hysteria going on. What are the rest of you doing? Thanks. I still want the game, but questioning parting with that much cash at this moment

#5289 4 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Anyone else have an MMrRE on order that is a little uneasy on parting with $10k right now? My distributor is great, keeping me up to date, and has told me to get the remaining money due in very shortly because CGC is only waiting for one final part for the topper. $10k is a tough pill to swallow with all this excessive hysteria going on. What are the rest of you doing? Thanks. I still want the game, but questioning parting with that much cash at this moment

Yes, I'm in the exact same boat and I'm likely going to cancel. I wish I had it in my basement right now, but since I don't, I'm likely going to hold off for a bit. If CGC had made a different decision just a couple weeks ago to ship without the topper, they'd be in completely different situation. At this point I think they're in big trouble unloading those Royals.

#5290 4 years ago

I'm still in. Just waiting for the word.

#5291 4 years ago

Question for MMR owners, what is CGC recommended pitch on this game? just asking as I have mine set up pretty steep, which increases the sling activity, it's tough but I like it that way. Others do not and with my family home playing a lot I am going to slow it down a bit. I'm assuming 6.5 degrees?

#5292 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I'm still in. Just waiting for the word.

I’m still in, but I know cancels are happening as I had a distributor send me an email saying they have an open spot now.

#5293 4 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Question for MMR owners, what is CGC recommended pitch on this game? just asking as I have mine set up pretty steep, which increases the sling activity, it's tough but I like it that way. Others do not and with my family home playing a lot I am going to slow it down a bit. I'm assuming 6.5 degrees?

Page 1-4 in your manual. 6.5 degrees.

#5294 4 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

You guys are lucky- the Canadian peso is at a 17 year low to the USD so this sucker is going to cost me like 16.5K all said and done. I hope they don't ship anytime soon so the loonie can recover

#5295 4 years ago

Non refundable deposit is about the same loss as if I take delivery, play for 2 months and sell so....

#5296 4 years ago

It sure would be nice to hear an update from CGC about the Royals...

#5297 4 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Non refundable deposit is about the same loss as if I take delivery, play for 2 months and sell so....

So some distros refund deposits and others do not?

#5298 4 years ago
Quoted from Blakester:

So some distros refund deposits and others do not?

My distro doesn’t refund deposits but I can change my mind and apply it to another game instead.

#5299 4 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

I'm sticking with my order through JJ at Game Exchange.

#5300 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

I'm sticking with my order through JJ at Game Exchange.

Same here. I'll just continue waiting patiently wishing it had already arrived. I actually plan on paying the rest of it off next week as I have a coupon that is about to expire.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 9.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/106?hl=mbgibbs13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.