3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 203.
#5201 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Assuming coil sleeve and plunger are good. Clean and wax the lower rails inside the wireform from start to top.
If that doesn't do it. Then.
Try and watch it when it launches. If the ball hits into the wireform a little way up rather than flow up the wireform, gently bend a tiny bit so it goes up and through rather than at it.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd. Yes I also checked the mechanical movement under the playfield, every looks to be working as intended. I will give you’re recommendations a try.

#5202 4 years ago

Since my kids don't seem to care, I figured I'd share here that, after having my MMr for slightly more than a year, I finally won BFTK. The best part was that I did it on my second BFTK during the game. The first one I timed out without hitting the right loop, so had to start back at the beginning and finally made it. The only downside was that after I won, I had to go pop a beer and then when I came back I hit only 1 victory lap before draining, but to be honest didn't care one bit. Don't think I've ever had my heart pumping so much playing pinball (though that may just be my unhealthy diet).

#5203 4 years ago
Quoted from sugarhillabe:

Since my kids don't seem to care, I figured I'd share here that, after having my MMr for slightly more than a year, I finally won BFTK. The best part was that I did it on my second BFTK during the game. The first one I timed out without hitting the right loop, so had to start back at the beginning and finally made it. The only downside was that after I won, I had to go pop a beer and then when I came back I hit only 1 victory lap before draining, but to be honest didn't care one bit. Don't think I've ever had my heart pumping so much playing pinball (though that may just be my unhealthy diet).

I asked a question about BFTK and never got an answer. With 6 inserts lit and a ball on the flipper, what would have to be done to initiate BFTK and proceed to winning? I'd rather ask a Pinsider who completed it than look it up somewhere else. I'd appreciate your thoughts. I was in that position recently and drained on the return ball from earning castle crusher the last insert. Realized I did not know anything about BFTK. Thanks!

#5204 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I asked a question about BFTK and never got an answer. With 6 inserts lit and a ball on the flipper, what would have to be done to initiate BFTK and proceed to winning? I'd rather ask a Pinsider who completed it than look it up somewhere else. I'd appreciate your thoughts. I was in that position recently and drained on the return ball from earning castle crusher the last insert. Realized I did not know anything about BFTK. Thanks!

If you have lit all six inserts, to start BFTK you have to hit it into the castle (once all inserts are lit, it opens up). That triggers BFTK which is a 4 ball multiball in 2 parts. The first part you have to hit each of these 1x -- catapult, left loop, left ramp, castle wall (where you lock balls for castle multball), right ramp and right loop. Unlike Royal Madness, you actually have to hit both the left loop and right loop separately. If you get through that, you automatically go to step 2, which is to hit the castle gate 7 times (one for each insert plus the BFTK insert) and then shoot in into the castle (so 8 castle shots total). Phase 2 is difficult because the trolls come up which makes the shot difficult and are indestructible to the ball, but if you have 2 troll bombs you can blow them up and clear the way. In each phase, so long as you have multiball going it is untimed, but if you are down to your last ball, you have 10 seconds to hit a lit shot to reset the timer. If you drain the last ball or run out of time, you have to start the whole thing over again. Hope this helps. If I missed something, hopefully someone will chime in and correct it.

#5205 4 years ago

If you drain the last ball or run out of time, you have to start the whole thing over again.

Thanks! "If you drain the last ball..." is Game Over?

#5206 4 years ago

Thanks! "If you drain the last ball..." is Game Over?

Not in the sense that if you were on ball 2 and drained, you'd still have ball 3 to play, but if you drain all balls during BFTK, you'll have to get all Madnesses 3x again.

#5207 4 years ago

Not in the sense that if you were on ball 2 and drained, you'd still have ball 3 to play, but if you drain all balls during BFTK, you'll have to get all Madnesses 3x again.

Ok just was confused about it. During BFTK, which is a 4 ball multiball, if you drain all 4 of those, you will get a ball in the shooter lane now to start from scratch again. Correct? And thanks...

#5208 4 years ago

Ok just was confused about it. During BFTK, which is a 4 ball multiball, if you drain all 4 of those, you will get a ball in the shooter lane now to start from scratch again. Correct? And thanks...

That’s correct. Happy to help and good luck!

#5209 4 years ago

Finally a member of the kingdom. My first new pinball machine and this thing is perfect. Thank you to my friend Greg Thorpe for helping me move it in and for installing the shaker motor and some cliffys. It plays great and I can't believe I actually own this game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5210 4 years ago

great photo and a nice room

#5211 4 years ago

So has there been any additional information around the installation process for existing MMr owners considering upgrading to the RGB GI kit? That is the one upgrade I’m considering right now but would like more details on how easy or difficult it will be to install.

#5212 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So has there been any additional information around the installation process for existing MMr owners considering upgrading to the RGB GI kit? That is the one upgrade I’m considering right now but would like more details on how easy or difficult it will be to install.

I suspect more time consuming than hard. The huge board under the playfield would be swapped I imagine. Then all the other LEDs under the playfield.

I don't think the original LEDs can be used for RGB.

#5213 4 years ago

Any word when the royals are shipping?

#5214 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I asked my distro earlier this week and I got “end Feb”.

#5215 4 years ago

Sara at planetary said that cgc told her early March.

#5216 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

From what I can tell, most of the RGB lighting effects come from a small strip above the castle supported by GI bulbs.
15822304160218126815012964777379 (resized).jpg15822304160218126815012964777379 (resized).jpg15822304449105544610482840741819 (resized).jpg15822304449105544610482840741819 (resized).jpg

#5217 4 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

From what I can tell, most of the RGB lighting effects come from a small strip above the castle supported by some GI bulbs.[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s not right - every GI white bulb in the game becomes capable of RGB.

#5218 4 years ago

My distributor about a week or so ago said that he estimates 6-12 weeks for when I will get mine.

#5219 4 years ago
Quoted from wamoc:

My distributor about a week or so ago said that he estimates 6-12 weeks for when I will get mine.

Thats probably more realistic.....CGC makes great games, but is never on schedule....its always promise date + 3-6 months

#5220 4 years ago

I ordered the upgrades the day they were announced and was told I'd get them mid-January...now I'm not being told anything...

#5221 4 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

I ordered the upgrades the day they were announced and was told I'd get them mid-January...now I'm not being told anything...

I was told it would be after all the Royals have shipped...so plan on June or July

#5222 4 years ago

Are they going to sell a kit for RGB LED Back Panel Lighting plus the back panel ? I ordered the top two kits.

XL Display & Premium Enhanced Sound System Upgrade Kit

RGB General Illumination Upgrade Kit

RGB LED Back Panel Lighting

#5223 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Are they going to sell a kit for RGB LED Back Panel Lighting plus the back panel ? I ordered the top two kits.
XL Display & Premium Enhanced Sound System Upgrade Kit
RGB General Illumination Upgrade Kit
RGB LED Back Panel Lighting

it should come as part of the rgb kit. It is only an extra strip.

#5224 4 years ago

Are replacement troll heads out there? Marco is out of stock and I didn't see them on pinball life.

#5225 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Are replacement troll heads out there? Marco is out of stock and I didn't see them on pinball life.

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-2824.html

You might email http://www.planetarypinball.com/ they don't list it, but may have them.

#5227 4 years ago

I just fixed a major issue with my MMR standard so I hope this helps someone. I've had my game almost two years at this point with just under 300 games played (Built in early 2018). The other day I booted up my MMR and received the following message:

IMG_6008 (resized).jpgIMG_6008 (resized).jpg

I see that others have fixed this problem by reconnecting the Ethernet cable but in my case that did not fix the problem. I replaced the cable with a new one with no success. I checked all the fuses and voltages; all were correct.

To resolve the problem, I had to buy a new PCB from PPS for $300. I opened a support case with CGC and spoke with Arturo (super nice guy!) and confirmed my problem was a dead playfield PCB because there are LEDs around the PIC that were not lighting up. He initially offered the advance replacement program, which is $125 + shipping both ways to swap for a working board, but after waiting more than a week he was unable to send a PCB due to the current MMR run.

Notes on the swap:

1. You must transfer all white PCB standoffs to the new PCB.
2. You must transfer all hex standoffs to the new PCB.
3. The original PCB had Kapton tape over some of the pins; this was not present on the replacement PCB from PPS. I bought some from Amazon.
4. There are a lot of connectors so label them well! I bought colored dots, placed them on all of the connectors and took many pictures.
5. The solenoid and switch/LEDs connectors are different types so you can't mix them up.
5. I had to remove the slingshot brackets/coils; they were in the way of removing the PCB.
6. You do not need to remove the trolls.

Kapton tape picture:

IMG_6142 (resized).jpgIMG_6142 (resized).jpg

IMG_6123 (resized).jpgIMG_6123 (resized).jpg
#5228 4 years ago
Quoted from mizzou:

Got mine maybe 1.5 years ago from Automated. $20 I think. The bottom hole at the back of the troll head is too close to the edge and the margin of material there is thin and breaks with troll hits. That's what I found out. When replacing the troll head, do not take the trap door or its assembly apart. It's quite hard to get it back on and working. You'll need a to fish the whole troll assembly up thru the topside and use a crescent wrench to reach the screws that go in the back of the head. (5/16" wrench I think. I forget but I have comments in this thread (1.5 yrs ago?) from when I did the troll head replacement if you want to look for it).

#5229 4 years ago

Any Royal Edition ship yet.

#5230 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

no. waiting on parts. China's global market is truly global. it affects more than people realize.

#5231 4 years ago

I'm sure there is nothing going on right now in China to exacerbate those delays too.

Too bad the RE was so incredible or I could have just ordered the SE. Waiting is hard.

#5232 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I'm sure there is nothing going on right now in China to exacerbate those delays too.
Too bad the RE was so incredible or I could have just ordered the SE. Waiting is hard.

Waiting is easy. Paying is hard.

#5233 4 years ago

I heard a distributor in AZ received tracking info for a MMrRLE today. I'm sorry I don't recall the name of the company, but a friend works there. He mentioned it today when we spoke

#5234 4 years ago

I’m pretty sure we don’t have a distributor here in Arizona. My only NIB purchase was a MBr and I had to use an out of state distributor. If you know of someone new Or I’m wrong please drop the name.

#5235 4 years ago

So MMRRE are 3 months away ?
So June ?

#5236 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Waiting is easy. Paying is hard.

First nib, I’m even stupidly exited to get to the paying part.

#5237 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

So MMRRE are 3 months away ?
So June ?

Once they started shipping the SE production, it seemed to go fast. So I'm still hoping to get mine before May.

#5238 4 years ago

Well if they are truly waiting on parts from overseas I could see this being an issue. Hopefully they got everything when they began building the SE’s. I still haven’t heard anything from my distributor since the update that they will begin shipping in March.

#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

I’m pretty sure we don’t have a distributor here in Arizona. My only NIB purchase was a MBr and I had to use an out of state distributor. If you know of someone new Or I’m wrong please drop the name.

[email protected]

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1728-arizona-pinball

Hope that helps!

#5240 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can loosen set screws on the mech to adjust a little. Red arrows point to them.
LTG : )[quoted image]

I tried loosening the set screws, but couldn't get either of them to budge...almost snapped the allen wrench off in the process.

#5241 4 years ago

At the risk of much (probably deserved) mockery from the internets and my local pinhead friends, I submit the following:

I play way better when on my portable elliptical exerciser. Today I beat bftk again and had the (good?) sense to have my son get pics. Note the epic sweatband made from the belt of an old robe. And flip flops. Always exercise in flip flops. Someone had asked for photographic evidence. I suspect we will both regret him asking.

Great date to have for my fourth coronation!! Leap day!

181D9EBD-6BC7-45E6-9D77-6B1E4A54C8C5 (resized).jpeg181D9EBD-6BC7-45E6-9D77-6B1E4A54C8C5 (resized).jpeg76397E7B-4A00-409D-AB3F-6FCACC34727B (resized).jpeg76397E7B-4A00-409D-AB3F-6FCACC34727B (resized).jpeg788B33A0-7D4D-4692-8CA7-7D505AF2EDC8 (resized).jpeg788B33A0-7D4D-4692-8CA7-7D505AF2EDC8 (resized).jpeg8023C6D3-1E1A-4691-B4F3-91B0788EDF74 (resized).jpeg8023C6D3-1E1A-4691-B4F3-91B0788EDF74 (resized).jpegC36C96B5-2A96-4504-AB7A-A11E2455ABAD (resized).jpegC36C96B5-2A96-4504-AB7A-A11E2455ABAD (resized).jpegDACEF066-3C61-496E-8197-5711227D6F56 (resized).jpegDACEF066-3C61-496E-8197-5711227D6F56 (resized).jpeg
#5242 4 years ago

Haha dude that awesome, now I’ll raise you one better. Video of you in action or it’s just a staged pic haha.

#5243 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Haha dude that awesome, now I’ll raise you one better. Video of you in action or it’s just a staged pic haha.

It’s on. Unlikely to be during a bftk run but we will see...

#5244 4 years ago

Number 3049 SE checking in!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5245 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Uggggg. I am still waiting.

mmr (resized).jpgmmr (resized).jpg
#5246 4 years ago
Quoted from RooDoom:

Uggggg. I am still waiting.[quoted image]

Speculation says covid19 in China has put smaller components and parts behind schedule.

#5247 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Speculation says covid19 in China has put smaller components and parts behind schedule.

An insider told me in mid January that a critical component was holding up the assembly line, but they were very close to getting the part. He told me that the Royal is the last run, so I would be waiting awhile anyway. And I do agree with the speculation re covid19... It might make things even slower.

#5248 4 years ago

will do a re run

of the speaker grills

Re-Run 2020
1 Kit (2 pieces) shipped to USA 55$
just clue some mini neodymium magnets at the parts, best and easy way

1e57727ad4a3c14a807d4833362e16becef811f3 (resized).jpg1e57727ad4a3c14a807d4833362e16becef811f3 (resized).jpg
#5249 4 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

will do a re run
of the speaker grills
Re-Run 2020
1 Kit (2 pieces) shipped to USA 55$
just clue some mini neodymium magnets at the parts, best and easy way[quoted image]

These are really well done, but I've had nothing but trouble getting them to stay in place. What size magnets are you using? I assume you epoxy them onto the back?

#5250 4 years ago

real i have a shaker and a big subwoofer

i use 5 mm magnets

never had a problem that they move

tom

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement
Other
$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/105?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.