c58188905960913cbf4be90bbaee4aaef2743627 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 205.
#5101 4 years ago

Has anyone installed radcals on these yet?

#5102 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Here's some pics with a couple great mods from LERMODS. Looks awesome, and the undercab lighting is really just perfect on this pin. It is interactive and matches what the speaker lights are doing for color and intensity, and it really adds something special to an already special pin! The trough light is also interactive with the GI lighting.
Excellent stuff lermods and was easy to install both mods using existing connectors inside the pin, took about 10 minutes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yep, we are ready to sell them now as they’ve been test fitted and work as they do on MBR. Thanks to F3honda for testing, we didn’t blow up his game. Available on our website and will be in our pinside shop tomorrow.

Quoted from Tlamb:

I see Lermods has them up already! Sweet. Just put in my order.

Saw your order come in, a little backed up so give me a couple days to get it out. And thank you!

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmedieval-madness-remake-se-re-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmedieval-madness-remake-se-re-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit-se-slash-le

#5103 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yep, we are ready to sell them now as they’ve been test fitted and work as they do on MBR. Thanks to F3honda for testing, we didn’t blow up his game. Available on our website and will be in our pinside shop tomorrow.

Saw your order come in, a little backed up so give me a couple days to get it out. And thank you!
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmedieval-madness-remake-se-re-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmedieval-madness-remake-se-re-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit-se-slash-le

Wife loved it, gonna have to pick up Undercab for AFMr LE.

What I love about the Undercab is it’s just subtle enough to not be over the top or out of place. It’s perfect.

#5104 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So the royal edition won’t have any under cab lighting? If not when they finally ship this will be a day one buy for me. Stock up and thanks again. Love your wonka mods.

#5105 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

So the royal edition won’t have any under cab lighting? If not when they finally ship this will be a day one buy for me.

Buy it now.

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness

LTG : )

#5106 4 years ago

Already have a deposit down with Zach for a royal edition. Did it the day they where announced. Can’t wait.

#5107 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Already have a deposit down with Zach for a royal edition. Did it the day they where announced. Can’t wait.

I meant the under cabinet lighting. It's not on the list in the link I posted.

#5108 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I meant the under cabinet lighting. It's not on the list in the link I posted.

Ah gotcha now, sorry I’m a little slow on the uptake haha. Thanks

#5109 4 years ago

Hello Everybody!

I’ve been a lurker for a while and just wanted to say hello and offer a HUGE thank you to everybody for all the great info in this thread.

My dear wife (@PinballPam) has ordered a new MMr SE and we expect delivery soon. FWIW, this machine was all her idea. Yes, really. (I married well. )

This will be our first machine so I’m trying to quickly spool up so we can hit the ground running. As a result of the info here we’ve ordered a shaker motor, Cliffy’s protectors, Mantis protectors, and the Lermods under cabinet lighting. Amazingly, we are indifferent to the topper so thus the SE.

For maintenance and cleaning I’ve ordered some Blitz wax and Novus-1 to get us started.

Needless to say we are totally excited so I would totally appreciate any other suggestions for mods and/or pointers for where I can get further guidance on the routine maintenance. I’m comfortable with electronics but my knowledge of pinball machines is a big fat zero.

Thanks again, everybody, for this thread.

Cheers,
Paul

#5110 4 years ago

I will probably get buried for this, but...

With a brand new machine like this one, maintenance should pretty much be... nothing. Maybe Windex the glass once in a while for fingerprints.

Enjoy!

#5111 4 years ago
Quoted from default_user:

Hello Everybody!
I’ve been a lurker for a while and just wanted to say hello and offer a HUGE thank you to everybody for all the great info in this thread.
My dear wife (PinballPam) has ordered a new MMr SE and we expect delivery soon. FWIW, this machine was all her idea. Yes, really. (I married well. )
This will be our first machine so I’m trying to quickly spool up so we can hit the ground running. As a result of the info here we’ve ordered a shaker motor, Cliffy’s protectors, Mantis protectors, and the Lermods under cabinet lighting. Amazingly, we are indifferent to the topper so thus the SE.
For maintenance and cleaning I’ve ordered some Blitz wax and Novus-1 to get us started.
Needless to say we are totally excited so I would totally appreciate any other suggestions for mods and/or pointers for where I can get further guidance on the routine maintenance. I’m comfortable with electronics but my knowledge of pinball machines is a big fat zero.
Thanks again, everybody, for this thread.
Cheers,
Paul

Probably 90% of everything you need to know has already been written in this thread in the past. Sounds like you know this already. Research the thread then ask specific questions that are uncovered is the best policy. I've found a lot of good info here over the years.

#5112 4 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I will probably get buried for this, but...
With a brand new machine like this one, maintenance should pretty much be... nothing. Maybe Windex the glass once in a while for fingerprints.
Enjoy!

there is still maintenance. switch adjustments, rubber adjustments, etc. I know the carguemets don't go over well here, but you wouldn't drive a brand new car for 10,000 miles without changing the oil. It's still a pinball. a metal ball hitting other metal/plastic/rubber will create dust and particles that will need to be cleaned off, balls checked, etc, etc.

but yes, it should be minimal.

#5113 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

you wouldn't drive a brand new car for 10,000 miles without changing the oil.

Ha! Tell my wife that! She assumes the red lights tell you when to service it! Lol

#5114 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ha! Tell my wife that! She assumes the red lights tell you when to service it! Lol

Reminds me of a customer years ago. He had a trophy rich girlfriend. She buys a new car. Half a year goes by and the engine is making noise. He checked it, no oil. He told her she was out of oil. She got mad. She asked him, "Didn't it come with any ?".

#5115 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Reminds me of a customer years ago. He had a trophy rich girlfriend. She buys a new car. Half a year goes by and the engine is making noise. He checked it, no oil. He told her she was out of oil. She got mad. She asked him, "Didn't it come with any ?".

And surprisingly she was married to the Tin Man. No wonder she couldn't get him to do anything around the house.

#5116 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

And surprisingly she was married to the Tin Man. No wonder she couldn't get him to do anything around the house.

They were dating then. They never married.

#5117 4 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Got the call this afternoon that my MMrSE will be picked up by my distributor tomorrow and will ship on Monday. Unfortunately, it will probably not get to me before I leave town next Thursday for 6 days. Excited to become a serf in the kingdom.

Seems my forecast is right. No news about the shipment of my machine and tomorrow I leave for a 6 day stretch of work. I wonder where it is sitting? I just know where it think it should be.

#5118 4 years ago

So is it safe to say all SE XL display games are sold out? I’m looking for one.

#5119 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They were dating then. They never married.

Why would she marry a guy that needs to be oiled?

#5120 4 years ago
Quoted from ktm450:

Is that through Wayne? I got quoted $400 for rgb kit, $999 for xl display and $999 for the topper, I couldn’t justify $1k for the topper but ordered the other 2.

Correct, no one else is bringing the parts in. I wasn't wrapped with pricing but I didn't want to go out and have to start emailing planetary pinball etc since no one has the parts available for easy ordering online.

#5121 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Woot!
Ordered. Have these on MB and AFM repops...MMRE going to be here. Love these!

#5122 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Woot!
Ordered. Have these on MB and AFM repops...MMRE going to be here. Love these!

Thanks, I saw it come across. I am hoping to get all the orders out by Saturday. Sorry for the delay, but we’ve had a hard time catching up. I want it in Saturday’s mail because Monday is a holiday. You will all receive tracking info when it ships.

#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks, I saw it come across. I am hoping to get all the orders out by Saturday. Sorry for the delay, but we’ve had a hard time catching up. I want it in Saturday’s mail because Monday is a holiday. You will all receive tracking info when it ships.

Lol. No worries. I understand shipping...
Not like I need it right away, pin isn't even here yet, so no rush at all.

#5124 4 years ago

A distributor told me that they will most likely do another SE XL display run after game 4 later this year.

#5125 4 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Correct, no one else is bringing the parts in. I wasn't wrapped with pricing but I didn't want to go out and have to start emailing planetary pinball etc since no one has the parts available for easy ordering online.

I was in the same boat mate.
You must have got a super deal though or the prices have gone down, I was quoted $2400 for the topper, XL screen and gi. If you needed the colour chip as well it was another $650. Bloody expensive but probably the only time we will ever be able to buy kit parts in Australia without buying an upgraded machine or organising shipping from the US.

#5126 4 years ago

Quick question and apologies if it's been addressed here....I have a MMr Standard Edition (color chip added-that's all) and was wondering if the RGB kit can be installed on this and more importantly, what exactly is involved in the installation?

#5127 4 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

.I have a MMr Standard Edition (color chip added-that's all) and was wondering if the RGB kit can be installed on this and more importantly, what exactly is involved in the installation?

Yes you can.

I haven't seen the directions yet. I would imagine change the LEDs in your game for the RGB ones, and a software update. The kit will have everything you need.

#5128 4 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

The prices are the same here than in the USA

#5129 4 years ago

Oh man MMR Royal is exactly what we want at home but man what a terrible time for it. Double tuition coming up this year so no funds for this kind of purchase. I would need a $250 a month interest free finance deal to make this happen, LOL. The game looks awesome though, well done CGC!

#5130 4 years ago

My dealer (here in Europe) told me that CGC told him that the production of the Royal Edition is starting now.
However, there are still some parts missing for completion which will be available in March.
Probably first deliveries of the RE at the end of March.

#5131 4 years ago

Just got the call, the shipper will be dropping off my MMrSE, tomorrow morning between 8-12. So pumped!

#5132 4 years ago

Shaker. Protectors: Cliffys. Mantis. Pinbits. Get a "lightning" mod, meaning a back of the game back board lighting mod that flashes lightning when the castle is destroyed. There's one for sale like that with a custom back board or you could also just have an LED strip tied to the flashers taped under the backbox area at the back of the game like I do. It's worth it. Rock Custom did that for me, LED strip was blue with the proper connectors.

For those that have received their new MMRs, do you think the "lightning" mod is still worth the add, or is the back of the pin bright enough now?

#5133 4 years ago
Quoted from BlazerB:

For those that have received their new MMRs, do you think the "lightning" mod is still worth the add, or is the back of the pin bright enough now?

You are adding all the colors for the RGB show like MBR has.

#5134 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Can you please elaborate? I’m intrigued. This sounds like a mod I might want to get.

#5135 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

He's mentioning something else. A lightning mod. Are you saying that the GI Kit has that? The lightning mod is an LED strip above the castle at the bottom of the backbox and flashes with the flashers to give a lightning effect. Blue LEDs look the best IMHO.

#5136 4 years ago

He's mentioning something else. A lightning mod. Are you saying that the GI Kit has that? The lightning mod is an LED strip above the castle at the bottom of the backbox and flashes with the flashers to give a lightning effect. Blue LEDs look the best IMHO.

My MBR SE has an LED strip on the back above the castle. I will have to watch more closely to see if it flashes at all.

#5137 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

Can you please elaborate? I’m intrigued. This sounds like a mod I might want to get.

Scrounge around for some MBR videos.

#5138 4 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Seems my forecast is right. No news about the shipment of my machine and tomorrow I leave for a 6 day stretch of work. I wonder where it is sitting? I just know where it think it should be.

Got the call today. It made it to Minneapolis. Sadly, I am not home until next Tuesday. Well, at least I know it is ready for delivery. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs.

#5139 4 years ago

if you leave your house one time a year best believe it will be on pinball delivery day....weird how it works like that

#5140 4 years ago

I don't know if this has ever been discussed before:
There is a board game made in 1994 and on called siege or weapons and warriors. In it you fire cannon balls at a castle. The castle has a spring loaded drawbridge you hit to make drop down. Then you hit a spring loaded gate behind that.
I have a strong feeling that MM's design was heavily inspired by this toy that was popular at the time.
Thoughts?

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#5141 4 years ago

Probably 90% of everything you need to know has already been written in this thread in the past. Sounds like you know this already. Research the thread then ask specific questions that are uncovered is the best policy. I've found a lot of good info here over the years.

There is "a lot of good info here".... 4+ years and >5K posts worth of info.

Any generous soul in the know care to create an index post (or index a previous post) for a reference and starting point for any noobs lucky enough to join this club going forward?

Just an idea....

Thanks!

#5142 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

I don't know if this has ever been discussed before:
There is a board game made in 1994 and on called siege or weapons and warriors. In it you fire cannon balls at a castle. The castle has a spring loaded drawbridge you hit to make drop down. Then you hit a spring loaded gate behind that.
I have a strong feeling that MM's design was heavily inspired by this toy that was popular at the time.
Thoughts?[quoted image]

Shhhh.... Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

#5143 4 years ago

Is there a way to change the display on a MMr from dots to hi res?

#5144 4 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Is there a way to change the display on a MMr from dots to hi res?

No.

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Got the call today. It made it to Minneapolis. Sadly, I am not home until next Tuesday. Well, at least I know it is ready for delivery. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs.

I am in a similar boat. Hang in there.

#5146 4 years ago

w00t!
Put down a sizable deposit in April, 2019.
She arrived today!
What a great game. It's the SE. Working out of the box. Minor tweaks. A buzzing speaker. Nothing major.
Beautiful and SO fun.
The larger, color monitor is terrific. The sound is great. The sub woofer feels like a mini shaker.
Very pleased.

received_2729215527114009 (resized).jpegreceived_2729215527114009 (resized).jpeg
#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from Quint_of_Dust:

w00t!
Put down a sizable deposit in April, 2019.
She arrived today!
What a great game. It's the SE. Working out of the box. Minor tweaks. A buzzing speaker. Nothing major.
Beautiful and SO fun.
The larger, color monitor is terrific. The sound is great. The sub woofer feels like a mini shaker.
Very pleased.[quoted image]

I have a buzzing speaker haha. What did you do to fix?

#5148 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have a buzzing speaker haha. What did you do to fix?

Nothing yet. Too busy playing it.
I plan to check if anything is loose, or vibrating, in the assembly. There's a wire mesh screen over it that might be buzzing. If it is a "blown" speaker, I'll just replace it. Shouldn't be a big deal.

#5149 4 years ago

One thing I've noticed with my new SE, is that the left troll trap door "lid" just touches the wire form above when the trolls are out. I could see this becoming a wear spot.

I'm thinking of gently bending the wire form to have a very slight camber over the troll. Anyone else have that happen.

I forgot how satisfying those wire form shots are...

#5150 4 years ago
Quoted from Quint_of_Dust:

Anyone else have that happen.

Everybody who ever had a MM or MMR.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 9.95
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,201 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 205.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/103?hl=globalcop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.