IMG_4784 (resized).jpeg
speaker (resized).png
IMG_1579 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5413 (resized).jpeg
06FF4B3E-436D-4FDF-9B65-C28103E2CBF9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5410 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 204.
#5051 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Huge thank you to Chris at Kingpin for helping haul it downstairs and set it up. Build date is Jan 29, 2020. Based on the serial this is MMr Special Edition number 4 off the line. (3004)
Kingpin rocks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

DAYUM! That rgb lighting is sexy as f*** on an MM! Congrats bro! Nib MM...exciting!

#5052 4 years ago

got the e-mail from Sara saying no official update on RE, but were told "early March"....time to figure out where I'm gonna put this!!...

#5053 4 years ago

Received this email from Planetary today:

MMR Upgrade Update:

We still do not have an official update from CGC, but we have been told the MMR Royal Edition should start shipping in March. The individual upgrade items should follow right after. We will keep everyone informed as to how the ordering process will go when we have a better ETA. There is no need to reply back, if you got this message then we have you down for upgrades and everyone will have a chance to get what they requested as soon as they become available. Thank you!

Team PPS

#5054 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. One call to KingPinGames and ordered the set. To get expedited service text/call him after 2am. Think they noted that kits will not surface until Royal games have shipped which is understandable and fine by me.

Yes must be noted! Kits, topper etc won’t be available until March or April after royal editions. With any luck I’ll just pick up my topper order from Chris at MGC.

#5055 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

DAYUM! That rgb lighting is sexy as f*** on an MM! Congrats bro! Nib MM...exciting!

I am really enjoying the modern touch of RGB lighting. It changes color to fit the moods for various things, while still being warm white like the original when nothing special is going on.

#5056 4 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Who are you guys ordering the kits thru?

Quoted from guss:

How do you order a kit? I went to Planetary Pinball and I cant find anything. I tried calling and the number doesn't work. any help please.

if you guys/gals (2020, i am not deciding that for you) want to order your CGC accessories, shoot me over an email. [email protected] and i will get your information sent in. when the kits are ready i will send out an invoice.

Thank you

#5057 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact your distributor to order now.
LTG : )

Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. One call to KingPinGames and ordered the set. To get expedited service text/call him after 2am. Think they noted that kits will not surface until Royal games have shipped which is understandable and fine by me.

Quoted from SkaterVet:

Received this email from Planetary today:
MMR Upgrade Update:
We still do not have an official update from CGC, but we have been told the MMR Royal Edition should start shipping in March. The individual upgrade items should follow right after. We will keep everyone informed as to how the ordering process will go when we have a better ETA. There is no need to reply back, if you got this message then we have you down for upgrades and everyone will have a chance to get what they requested as soon as they become available. Thank you!
Team PPS

Quoted from KingPinGames:

if you guys/gals (2020, i am not deciding that for you) want to order your CGC accessories, shoot me over an email. [email protected] and i will get your information sent in. when the kits are ready i will send out an invoice.
Thank you

I was floating around wondering if I'd just see the upgrade parts get listed on Planetary Pinball as well but I decided to get proactive a couple of days ago and check with our local distributor. He told me in no uncertain terms get an order in (and pay a deposit) asap as it's only going to be order in only, no spare stock will be available to purchase. This sounds the same more or less as what I'm reading here, definitely worth getting your order in if you really want the parts I'd say.

#5058 4 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I was floating around wondering if I'd just see the upgrade parts get listed on Planetary Pinball as well but I decided to get proactive a couple of days ago and check with our local distributor. He told me in no uncertain terms get an order in (and pay a deposit) asap as it's only going to be order in only, no spare stock will be available to purchase. So I've put Sounds like the same more or less as what I'm reading here.

Interesting as it’s still a few months off that they want funds already? A simple hand shake with KingPinGames and your done. (Or pat on the backside) May be different in other countries.

#5059 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Interesting as it’s still a few months off that they want funds already? A simple hand shake with KingPinGames and your done. (Or pat on the backside) May be different in other countries.

Bear in mind this my local distributor who takes the risk on importing as well. Not saying someone like KinPinGames would be all that worried. I don't begrudge that personally as I'd want people putting a deposit down, the total cost here for the topper, XL screen, and GI lighting is $1900 to me.

#5060 4 years ago

How does the lighting upgrade install?

#5061 4 years ago

Been thinking about selling my deadpool premium and getting a royal. Didnt know they werent available just yet. I love those new rgb effects and the new dmd.

How has build quality/playfield quality been with cgc? Ive only owned sterns so far but have played plenty of jjp as well to compare.

#5062 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A simple hand shake with KingPinGames and your done. (Or pat on the backside)

Wait, I thought I was the only one.

#5063 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Been thinking about selling my deadpool premium and getting a royal. Didnt know they werent available just yet. I love those new rgb effects and the new dmd.
How has build quality/playfield quality been with cgc? Ive only owned sterns so far but have played plenty of jjp as well to compare.

For what it’s worth I think build quality is great. My AFMr LE, MBr SE were both great and held up. My MMr so far seems of the same quality.

#5064 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

For what it’s worth I think build quality is great. My AFMr LE, MBr SE were both great and held up. My MMr so far seems of the same quality.

Thats great to hear. Mm is my favorite game ever and the royal looks awesome

#5065 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

How does the lighting upgrade install?

Remove the old. Install the new.

#5066 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yeah same, I own MMR and AFM LE and the build quality is superb. I also owned a reasonably nice example original MM that I could be bothered putting in the elbow grease to do up with LED's and few other imperfections on the cabinet, so I bought an MMR. Zero regrets, cannot pick any difference in how they play.

#5067 4 years ago

Will warranty cover burnt out GI LEDs after less than 100 plays?
If not were do I get them? They are a wired possibly propriety thing?

#5068 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

Will warranty cover burnt out GI LEDs after less than 100 plays?

I believe it is an amount of time issue, not how many plays.

Please open a ticket https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ - Support - Help Desk, to see if your game is still under warranty.

Thank you.

#5069 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Do it, you won’t regret it.

#5070 4 years ago

Looking for advice:

On my MMR, I finally lit all the blue inserts and the last ball drained one shot after I lit the last blue insert, Castle Crusher. So my question is:

With all blue inserts lit and a ball resting on the flipper, what is the sequence to start BFTK and what does it take to complete BFTK?

I know I can look this up online but rather hear from pinheads that have completed BFTK. Thanks!

#5071 4 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Bear in mind this my local distributor who takes the risk on importing as well. Not saying someone like KinPinGames would be all that worried. I don't begrudge that personally as I'd want people putting a deposit down, the total cost here for the topper, XL screen, and GI lighting is $1900 to me.

Is that through Wayne? I got quoted $400 for rgb kit, $999 for xl display and $999 for the topper, I couldn’t justify $1k for the topper but ordered the other 2.

#5072 4 years ago

Hello fellow pinsiders,

I picked up a 2015 MMR LE #675 NIB. It's a pinnacle moment for me. I want to set it up right for lots of play and longevity.

What are your recommendations to ensure my playfield stays protected, and perhaps defend against other common pitfalls.

Full set of CLiffy's are on order. Thinking about adding mylar under pop bumpers, rollover switches, near slingslots, under ball drops, shooter eject, etc....and then a few coats of wax.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

#5073 4 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Hello fellow pinsiders,
I picked up a 2015 MMR LE #675 NIB. It's a pinnacle moment for me. I want to set it up right for lots of play and longevity.
What are your recommendations to ensure my playfield stays protected, and perhaps defend against other common pitfalls.
Full set of CLiffy's are on order. Thinking about adding mylar under pop bumpers, rollover switches, near slingslots, under ball drops, shooter eject, etc....and then a few coats of wax.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

This thread is long on past advice, if you haven't already, read through the past posts - it's all in there. I've given quite a bit of experienced advice already as have many others. Good luck!

#5074 4 years ago

Does anyone know (maybe Lloyd) if the color dots chip avail for the new classic run will be “updated” like the SE or Royal edition or in line with prior standard run from a few years ago?
Sorry in advance if this was answered -
Thanks!

#5075 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Does anyone know (maybe Lloyd) if the color dots avail on the new classic run will be “updated” like the SE or Royal edition or in line with prior standard runs from a few years ago? Sorry in advance if this was answered -
Thanks!

What was updated? Curious...

#5076 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What was updated? Curious...

My understanding is the color dots were redone for this new run for the larger screens. Just confirming if the same enhancement will be avail for purchase of a color chip. (Classic screen)

#5077 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

My understanding is the color dots were redone for this new run for the larger screens. Just confirming if the same enhancement will be avail for purchase of a color chip. (Classic screen)

According to the CGC website (features matrix) the HD Color Upgrade is available for 400$. It does specify HD, not just color upgrade...

#5078 4 years ago

I had the color upgrade added when I bought my MMR. how do I tell if it's HD ? I ordered the XL display and I want to know if mine will work. I bought mine Sept 30 2017.

#5079 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I had the color upgrade added when I bought my MMR. how do I tell if it's HD ? I ordered the XL display and I want to know if mine will work.

Check with who you ordered it from.

Or open a ticket and ask. https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ Support - Help Desk.

I'm sure the kit will come with everything you need to make it work, if your game is lacking anything.

#5080 4 years ago

Cant wait to see pics of games delivered to super big smiles!

#5081 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check with who you ordered it from.
Or open a ticket and ask. https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ Support - Help Desk.
I'm sure the kit will come with everything you need to make it work, if your game is lacking anything.

I have the right one it's 0611 HD

#5082 4 years ago

Quick question, if the MMR original runs display dots were compared to ColorDMD, what would be the equivalent - ColorDMD LCD or LED? I have a guess but wanted to be sure...

#5083 4 years ago
Quoted from guss:

I had the color upgrade added when I bought my MMR. how do I tell if it's HD ? I ordered the XL display and I want to know if mine will work. I bought mine Sept 30 2017.

I thought they were all hd when upgrades. The dot images all have quite a bit more detail. It's just not the big screen on the first run remakes.

#5084 4 years ago

if the MMR original runs display dots were compared to ColorDMD,

No. MMR in color has 4 times the colors I believe.

#5085 4 years ago

I suspect the new SE and RE are running new code; not sure about if there is higher resolution graphics; I would have expected so from a dot pitch POV but might not be the case.

#5086 4 years ago

Quick question, if the MMR original runs display dots were compared to ColorDMD, what would be the equivalent - ColorDMD LCD or LED? I have a guess but wanted to be sure...

LCD

#5087 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I suspect the new SE and RE are running new code; not sure about if there is higher resolution graphics; I would have expected so from a dot pitch POV but might not be the case.

Yes the SE is running 3.0.0 code

#5088 4 years ago

PICS WE NEED MORE PICS

#5089 4 years ago

Mine arrived about an hour ago. It’s an SE. Can’t get it set up until Friday, though.

2DCE7B1F-DE09-465F-928E-9D1B5796161D (resized).jpeg2DCE7B1F-DE09-465F-928E-9D1B5796161D (resized).jpeg689B3CBC-4EDD-4CD5-B659-CC957580B8A1 (resized).jpeg689B3CBC-4EDD-4CD5-B659-CC957580B8A1 (resized).jpeg
#5090 4 years ago

Here's some pics with a couple great mods from LERMODS. Looks awesome, and the undercab lighting is really just perfect on this pin. It is interactive and matches what the speaker lights are doing for color and intensity, and it really adds something special to an already special pin! The trough light is also interactive with the GI lighting.

Excellent stuff Lermods and was easy to install both mods using existing connectors inside the pin, took about 10 minutes.

60315223637--BE0C3EC7-272F-434C-98E7-A3E2628A94F5 (resized).JPG60315223637--BE0C3EC7-272F-434C-98E7-A3E2628A94F5 (resized).JPG60315224740--F859977C-98F9-4949-91D6-F6C156C5DA5A (resized).JPG60315224740--F859977C-98F9-4949-91D6-F6C156C5DA5A (resized).JPG60315225634--24478278-580A-409B-9B4B-B3AEA2C5536E (resized).JPG60315225634--24478278-580A-409B-9B4B-B3AEA2C5536E (resized).JPG60315229948--6ACD5C96-5ED1-4243-9018-3500681C3BFC (resized).JPG60315229948--6ACD5C96-5ED1-4243-9018-3500681C3BFC (resized).JPG60315231284--1CFCFE85-4ACD-4255-9BF4-20A319949348 (resized).JPG60315231284--1CFCFE85-4ACD-4255-9BF4-20A319949348 (resized).JPG
#5091 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtH:

Mine arrived about an hour ago. It’s an SE. Can’t get it set up until Friday, though.[quoted image][quoted image]

Are they putting protective film on the lock down bar? That seems new..

#5092 4 years ago

Are they putting protective film on the lock down bar? That seems new..

I’ve bought all three of the remakes and no protective film on any. I’ve been buying new games since the mid 90’s and can’t remember ever having it on any of my games though.

#5093 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtH:

I’ve bought all three of the remakes and no protective film on any. I’ve been buying new games since the mid 90’s and can’t remember ever having it on any of my games though.

In the picture shown it's on there.

#5094 4 years ago

Which picture? I don't see any that has a protector on the lockdown. Mine didn't have anything on the lockdown bar.

#5095 4 years ago

Sorry... nope.

#5096 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtH:

Sorry... nope.

Ok. Is the lock bar scratched? Meaning what are those lines in the lower right of your picture? Just curious about it...

#5097 4 years ago

Ok. Is the lock bar scratched? Meaning what are those lines in the lower right of your picture? Just curious about it...

Just lines catching light from the steel material. Totally normal.

#5098 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Just lines catching light from the steel material. Totally normal.

Yep...

#5099 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Here's some pics with a couple great mods from LERMODS. Looks awesome, and the undercab lighting is really just perfect on this pin. It is interactive and matches what the speaker lights are doing for color and intensity, and it really adds something special to an already special pin! The trough light is also interactive with the GI lighting.
Excellent stuff lermods and was easy to install both mods using existing connectors inside the pin, took about 10 minutes.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So I take it the RGB under cabinet and trough lights worked from MBrSE?

#5100 4 years ago

I see Lermods has them up already! Sweet. Just put in my order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,191 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 204.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/102?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.