Topic Stats

• 6,617 posts
  • 561 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 minutes ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 298 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,005 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2472 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2473 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2474 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2476 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3547 (resized).jpg
CBE257C3-8911-4563-83F1-32B716E2539C (resized).jpeg
EFD62758-49EF-4E7D-B6CE-65602DE1320F (resized).jpeg
516AFF4E-ACA9-4B19-BA29-4E33057BB992 (resized).jpeg
64A947ED-3D4C-452B-9ED2-24F5E33A502A (resized).jpeg
6F97B23D-73C7-48FF-8CFE-11BD665E3C2B (resized).jpeg
0E9AFCAE-9DCE-4385-8245-980BEADBA9BD (resized).jpeg
070620 Mantis Merlin Protector right screw (resized).JPG
070620 Mantis Merlin Protector left screw (resized).JPG
070620 Mantis Eject Protector  (resized).JPG
After (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6617 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 133.
#5001 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Dumb question. Is there a way to make the speech louder without affecting the music volume?

I was hoping this was going to be addressed in the new update. The speech really needs to be boosted.

#5002 5 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Me too! Come on CGC sell us the upgrade kits!

Contact your distributor to order now.

LTG : )

#5003 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact your distributor to order now.

I should have put... Come on GCG SHIP us the upgrade kits!

#5004 5 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I should have put... Come on GCG SHIP us the upgrade kits!

Who is GCG ?

Patience my good man. You are a bit excited. With good reason.

Disclaimer : I hope GCG ships mine too. So I have a handle on questions about them if I get any.

#5005 5 months ago

Got the call this afternoon that my MMrSE will be picked up by my distributor tomorrow and will ship on Monday. Unfortunately, it will probably not get to me before I leave town next Thursday for 6 days. Excited to become a serf in the kingdom.

#5006 5 months ago

MMRRE must be right around the corner

#5007 5 months ago

I talked with my distributor today, and they expect the RE to still be another 6-12 weeks. I hate needing to be patient.

#5008 5 months ago
Quoted from wamoc:

I hate needing to be patient.

I understand.

But think of the reward for being patient.

#5009 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Who is GCG ?

Patience my good man. You are a bit excited. With good reason.

Whoops. Been a long day. Yes, I'm super excited !

#5010 5 months ago

Is the new MMr CE made with some upgrades from the original remakes several years ago?

#5011 5 months ago

Starting to pick up some mods for my MMrSE. I am guessing the RGB trough light from MB should work the same for MMrSE?

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit-sele

Same for the undercabinet?

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-bash-remake-sele-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit

Any other MUST have mods? Would like some cool plastic protectors put the florescent green on my MB and they look awesome with the black light effect from the colored GI.

#5012 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Dumb question. Is there a way to make the speech louder without affecting the music volume?

Not a dumb question at all as this has been a point of contention ever since the first MMr's were produced. I think we all were hoping that upgrading the sound system to that which was used on AFMr LE and MBr LE would have resulted in at least some improvement of the speech being out-volumed by the fanfare, but alas it seems not. CGC knows what needs to be done to correct this. They are now selling $9000 and $10,000 versions of this game. Will this ever be resolved?

#5013 5 months ago
Quoted from ABT12:

Not a dumb question at all as this has been a point of contention ever since the first MMr's were produced. I think we all were hoping that upgrading the sound system to that which was used on AFMr LE and MBr LE would have resulted in at least some improvement of the speech being out-volumed by the fanfare, but alas it seems not. CGC knows what needs to be done to correct this. They are now selling $9000 and $10,000 versions of this game. Will this ever be resolved?

Is there an option to turn off music only?

#5014 5 months ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Starting to pick up some mods for my MMrSE. I am guessing the RGB trough light from MB should work the same for MMrSE?
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-bash-remake-pinball-led-strip-interactive-rgb-trough-light-kit-sele
https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fmonster-bash-remake-sele-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit
Any other MUST have mods? Would like some cool plastic protectors put the florescent green on my MB and they look awesome with the black light effect from the colored GI.

I would check with lermods first, I was actually just talking to him about this yesterday.

#5015 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I would check with lermods first, I was actually just talking to him about this yesterday.

Guessing it should be the same but yes, was hoping he would chime in or update his page to include the new MMr options.

#5016 5 months ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

Is there an option to turn off music only?

Not that I am aware of.

#5017 5 months ago
Quoted from ABT12:

I fixed the volume on my call outs a few years back, and offered to either release custom firmware or release the tool so others could do it. I was immediately contacted by PPS and told I was not able to do this, as it violated their IP. I then offered the tool to them so they could do it themselves and was told their sound engineer was going to work on it. This was back on July 24th 2016. 3 1/2 years later it's still not fixed.

I'm not sure why this is so difficult.

#5018 5 months ago

I own a MMR LE, added color to the display, and am considering the new XL display.
Q: What is the anticipated resale value of the old display/grill assembly? I assume the color chip stays with the XL.

#5019 5 months ago
Quoted from Tlamb:

Guessing it should be the same but yes, was hoping he would chime in or update his page to include the new MMr options.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Quoted from Tlamb:

I believe our interactive undercab and rgb trough lights will work with the new version of mmr. But before I start selling these, I want be sure I don’t blow up anyone’s game. F3honda will be testing for me and he should have the mods early next week. Better to blow up his game than everyone else’s.

I’ll report back next week when they are available. Our other mods, like Merlin, archer, catapult and dragon I don’t believe will work in their current configuration as there are no light sockets. I need to investigate further and check the wiring schematic.

#5020 5 months ago
Quoted from wamoc:

I talked with my distributor today, and they expect the RE to still be another 6-12 weeks. I hate needing to be patient.

Wow....unfortunately its in their DNA to be several months behind schedule....I guess that means upgrades won't be available for another 2-4 months....only 6 months behind schedule

#5021 5 months ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I fixed the volume on my call outs a few years back, and offered to either release custom firmware or release the tool so others could do it. I was immediately contacted by PPS and told I was not able to do this, as it violated their IP. I then offered the tool to them so they could do it themselves and was told their sound engineer was going to work on it. This was back on July 24th 2016. 3 1/2 years later it's still not fixed.

Wow, 3-1/2 years!

Quoted from DeeGor:

I'm not sure why this is so difficult.

Lack of will?

#5022 5 months ago

oops delete

#5023 5 months ago
Quoted from PinScott:

I own a MMR LE, added color to the display, and am considering the new XL display.
Q: What is the anticipated resale value of the old display/grill assembly? I assume the color chip stays with the XL.

The chip stays yes. I am not sure of the resale as it doesn't seem like many of these fail and need replacing. I am not aware of a way to make these work on other non CGC remake games.

#5024 5 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I believe our interactive undercab and rgb trough lights will work with the new version of mmr. But before I start selling these, I want be sure I don’t blow up anyone’s game. F3honda will be testing for me and he should have the mods early next week. Better to blow up his game than everyone else’s.
I’ll report back next week when they are available. Our other mods, like Merlin, archer, catapult and dragon I don’t believe will work in their current configuration as there are no light sockets. I need to investigate further and check the wiring schematic.

If my basement starts on fire, I'm going to be very sad.

And yea they changed the LEDs up very different from previous. It's now the same type of bulb system they use in like MBR and AFMR.

#5025 5 months ago

Something else to note. The newest remake has version 3.0.0 "beta" version installed. This is different from the 2.0.2 available on CGC website and what is on the first remakes.

I'm reaching out to CGC to see if they have 3.0.0 available somewhere should it ever be needed. Also curious if the 2.0.2 is compatible with the newest run of remakes or not. My guess would be NO so make sure you make note of that if you need to reinstall your software on the newest remakes!

#5026 5 months ago

If I may ask f3honda4me, how is the build quality and playability of your game? Does anything stand out, good or not so? Thanks.

#5027 5 months ago
Quoted from ABT12:

If I may ask f3honda4me, how is the build quality and playability of your game? Does anything stand out, good or not so? Thanks.

To me I think the build is great. The game looks beautiful. This could just be completely psychological, but I feel like it's better looking than the first remakes. My wife made the same comment. I'd have to put them side by side in person to really tell but having played an original MM as well as the first remake extensively, this one does seem "better" somehow.

#5028 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

To me I think the build is great. The game looks beautiful. This could just be completely psychological, but I feel like it's better looking than the first remakes. My wife made the same comment. I'd have to put them side by side in person to really tell but having played an original MM as well as the first remake extensively, this one does seem "better" somehow.

Awesome, thank you. That's great to hear.

#5029 5 months ago

With the new reamake versions now joining collections. Will they be added to the list?

pasted_image (resized).png
#5030 5 months ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

With the new reamake versions now joining collections. Will they be added to the list?[quoted image]

I asked robin to but haven't heard anything.

#5031 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I'm reaching out to CGC to see if they have 3.0.0 available somewhere should it ever be needed. Also curious if the 2.0.2 is compatible with the newest run of remakes or not.

3.0.0 will be available at some point. Don't worry about restore or reinstall right now. Be patient.

2.0.2 won't operate your game right. And most likely 3.0.0 won't work right in older games without the kits installed.

#5032 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

3.0.0 will be available at some point. Don't worry about restore or reinstall right now. Be patient.
2.0.2 won't operate your game right. And most likely 3.0.0 won't work right in older games without the kits installed.

It was more just being proactive about getting 3.0.0. When I got my MBR I had to reinstall the software from scratch per support within a week of getting it as there was "something" wrong where a couple switches would falsely report they were not working but worked in manual tests. Reinstalling fixed it. My MMR is flawless right now but was just wondering.

#5033 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They’ve upgraded the cabinets since the first runs.

#5034 5 months ago

Would be cool for the folks that have the SEs rolling in if they could show pics of the new RGB GI options from the menu.
If I recall:
- Interactive
- Cool White
- Warm White
- CE white

Give 1st run owners an idea, before buying the RGB kit.

#5035 5 months ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

Would be cool for the folks that have the SEs rolling in if they could show pics of the new RGB GI options from the menu.

I would imagine the same as for MBR - page 1-14 in the manual.

Download it here - https://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals/MB_Manual_Rev_1.pdf

#5036 5 months ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

If I recall:
- Interactive
- Cool White
- Warm White
- CE white
Give 1st run owners an idea, before buying the RGB kit.

Interactive
Warm white
Cool white
CE white
Red
Green
Blue

Pics are kinda useless since camera phones tend to mess with color.

#5037 5 months ago
Quoted from wamoc:

puuuh, that´s a very long time.
That means the exports will take even longer and the add-ons will be available in about half a year (until all RE's are finished).

#5038 5 months ago

Topper ordered, I think I need a shaker too now.

#5039 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well, I had been on the fence about the light kit for my old SE but I just put my order in. The code update puts it over the top for me into a must-have. Topper and screen are for down the road when I'm rich -- if they're still avail, and if I'm ever rich. But the lights are in your face literally the entire time you play, and the FOMO of the updated code would eat at me every time I played too!

#5040 5 months ago

Who are you guys ordering the kits thru?

#5041 5 months ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Who are you guys ordering the kits thru?

I ordered my kit through Planetary back in October...at the time they stated shipping was 1-3 months

#5042 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The shaker in MMr great. Add for sure!

#5043 5 months ago

How do you order a kit? I went to Planetary Pinball and I cant find anything. I tried calling and the number doesn't work. any help please.

#5044 5 months ago
Quoted from guss:

any help please.

I 2nd this

#5045 5 months ago

Waiting on this as well

#5046 5 months ago

I’ve emailed sara@pps.com regarding my kit upgrade order. You could try that.

#5047 5 months ago

I ordered with kingpin games — just got my name of their list at this point.

Edit - they said they’ll contact me for payment when there’s a firmer shipment date. Right now it’s just a vague late march delivery and I'm sure it’s uncertain until they ask for payment.

#5048 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Shaker is fantastic on this game!

#5049 5 months ago

Kingpin should be able to take orders for kits, toppers, etc

#5050 5 months ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Kingpin should be able to take orders for kits, toppers, etc

Agreed. One call to KingPinGames and ordered the set. To get expedited service text/call him after 2am. Think they noted that kits will not surface until Royal games have shipped which is understandable and fine by me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
There are 6617 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 133.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside