3823C4A8-930E-448B-84A7-B8A464E66AEF (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
149AA521-09C8-4D12-90CA-97D3C09EC650 (resized).jpeg
E73DB567-C26B-48DA-A383-03B9C8789625 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 203.
#4951 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hey did the add on XL display ever drop?
I've been busy with family stuff and a lil' out of touch lately.

They are available for order and hopefully shipping out shortly after the completion of this mmr run.

#4952 4 years ago
Quoted from ReplicaX:

I've had zero issues so far with my CE and have started to add a few things.
- Color Upgrade
- Mantis castle protector
- Cliffy's Catapult protector
- CometPinball blue frosted LED strips for back-panel illumination
First Day setup with the Color Upgrade installed.
[quoted image]
Pulled +/- from GI2 and crimped new pins to make it clean and strung through the loom. Pot located in the backbox to adjust back-panel brightness.
[quoted image]
Result so far.
[quoted image]
Glad to see others are starting to arrive.

I have a Royal Edition on order. I noticed a few posts about different protectors (Cliffy's, Mantis, etc...). What protectors should I get for mine? What's really needed vs. what's nice to have?

#4953 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

I have a Royal Edition on order. I noticed a few posts about different protectors (Cliffy's, Mantis, etc...). What protectors should I get for mine? What's really needed vs. what's nice to have?

All of that information is already in this thread discussed at length if you go back and look. Some great and complete info.

#4954 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

They are available for order and hopefully shipping out shortly after the completion of this mmr run.

What about the lighting upgrade?

#4955 4 years ago

all add-ons can be ordered from your favorite authorized CGC dealer as of now. that being said, none of the add-ons will be shipped until the last MMrR(oyal) has been built.

0611 MMR HD Color Display Upgrade $399.99
0612 AFM HD Color Display Upgrade (Classic Edition) $399.99
0613 MB HD Color Display Upgrade (Classic Edition) $399.99
0711-TOPP MMR - King of Payne Topper $599.99
0711-RGBG MMR - RGB General Illumination Upgrade Kit $249.99
0711-XLCD XL Display & Premium Enhanced Sound System Upgrade Kit (To be used with MMR HD Color Display Upgrade) $649.99

#4956 4 years ago

Is it possible to get a colour chip for a standard edition?
Was looking on the site and it says the colour chip is for LE and royal only. I was under the impression I could get it on a standard before.

#4957 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

Is it possible to get a colour chip for a standard edition?
Was looking on the site and it says the colour chip is for LE and royal only. I was under the impression I could get it on a standard before.

Please contact http://www.planetarypinball.com/ to find out.

LTG : )

#4958 4 years ago

Was it announced that MMrRE will have the option to upload a pic under the DMD/LCD screen like Monster Bash can?

#4959 4 years ago
Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Was it announced that MMrRE will have the option to upload a pic under the DMD/LCD screen like Monster Bash can?

Yes.

#4960 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Anyone have a picture of that on MBr?

#4962 4 years ago

I just noticed something a bit disturbing in my new game. The large transformer was never bolted into the cabinet! It's just been bouncing around in there during transport/ setup.
I hope no wires or anything got strained to short internally down the road. I doubt it. Just some scrapes.
Anyone know what bolts it is supposed to have?

#4963 4 years ago

Do you have pics of the part you are talking about, I thought all the remakes did away with the transformer and just have a small power supply.

#4964 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Do you have pics of the part you are talking about, I thought all the remakes did away with the transformer and just have a small power supply.

No still has a big transformer. Bolts to back of cabinet
to these captive nuts.
15807877006582350001927715338950 (resized).jpg15807877006582350001927715338950 (resized).jpg

#4965 4 years ago

all add-ons can be ordered from your favorite authorized CGC dealer as of now.

I was told I was put on a list from Planetary Pinball. They will let me know when I can order the topper.

#4966 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I was told I was put on a list from Planetary Pinball. They will let me know when I can order the topper.

Perhaps that is their policy. I ordered two compete sets (topper, rgb gi and xl display) last week. Was told they would be available after royals are done.

#4967 4 years ago

Perhaps that is their policy. I ordered two compete sets (topper, rgb gi and xl display) last week. Was told they would be available after royals are done.

Good man KingPinGames! Hope I was on your BFF call list! Lol

#4968 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

If i was you I'd order a complete set of Cliffy's and then get the mantis protector for the moat....

#4969 4 years ago

MMr SE arrives tomorrow and I’m so excited.

#4970 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Congratulations !

#4971 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Welcome to the club!

#4972 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I didn't realize the new SEs were shipping. That's awesome

#4973 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

POST PICS PLEASE

#4974 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I am finally home for the next 7 days. I hope I hear something about my SE coming.

#4975 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

POST PICS PLEASE

Absolutely!

#4976 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I didn't realize the new SEs were shipping. That's awesome

Mine is being delivered by my distributor so he may have picked his orders up from CGC directly before they started shipping.

#4977 4 years ago

all add-ons can be ordered from your favorite authorized CGC dealer as of now. that being said, none of the add-ons will be shipped until the last MMrR(oyal) has been built.
0611 MMR HD Color Display Upgrade $399.99
0612 AFM HD Color Display Upgrade (Classic Edition) $399.99
0613 MB HD Color Display Upgrade (Classic Edition) $399.99
0711-TOPP MMR - King of Payne Topper $599.99
0711-RGBG MMR - RGB General Illumination Upgrade Kit $249.99
0711-XLCD XL Display & Premium Enhanced Sound System Upgrade Kit (To be used with MMR HD Color Display Upgrade) $649.99

I wonder why? from a business perspective it makes zero sense unless they don't have the parts, which also would make zero sense...

#4978 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wonder why? from a business perspective it makes zero sense unless they don't have the parts, which also would make zero sense...

Because you make more more profit selling complete systems vs just a few parts for systems. Actually does make sense.

#4979 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just putting the boots to the LE owners, as usual, lol.

#4980 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't know for sure. A few thoughts come to mind. Putting parts on a game is different than putting them in a kit. They have to make packages for the kits, crate for the topper. Instructions have to be made and checked. And any changes that pop up during production of the Royals.

Hard for any company to do everything at once.

And when a new game goes out, tech support always increases. CGC's quality is great. But basics like where is the backbox key, what is the CGC menu, how do I do this. Basic calls always increase, especially with first time buyers.

When those kits land, even if everything is perfect. Tech support will take a hit. Again I only expect basic questions. There will be an increase.

I'm sure CGC is trying to make everybody happy.

#4981 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Because you make more more profit selling complete systems vs just a few parts for systems. Actually does make sense.

I bet their profit margins are much higher on upgrades

#4982 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I would normally agree but in this case the price of a fully upgraded machine(Royal) is the SAME as buying the basic machine(Classic) and all the upgrades separately. Profit margin would be the same. If anything the profit is lower on the upgrades because of separate packaging & shipping.

#4983 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Hard to say. You'd have to add up designing it as a kit, not just an add on. Making instructions. Having people assemble the boxes and crate. Fill them, check that everything is in there. etc. etc.

More work than teaching a line worker where to put stuff and taking it out of the que and doing it.

I hope they are making money on it. They are making it available to previous MMR owners. So they aren't left out.

#4984 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I would normally agree but in this case the price of a fully upgraded machine(Royal) is the SAME as buying the basic machine(Classic) and all the upgrades separately. Profit margin would be the same. If anything the profit is lower on the upgrades because of separate packaging & shipping.

Agreed. Plus with a line of paying buyers for New games I think it would be a poor business decision to move them to the sidelines so parts/kit orders could be filled no matter how profitable. These upgrades were created for a new product line. Those consumers should have first priority. I like many have waited years for this upgrade I can easily wait a bit longer.

#4985 4 years ago

So if CGC has some SEs available now has there been any word as to when they're putting REs on the line?

#4986 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

So if CGC has some SEs available now has there been any word as to when they're putting REs on the line?

Couple weeks is what I heard.

#4987 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Dont get me wrong I could care less if I have to wait another 3 months for the upgrades, but there is no chance they are not making a much higher profit margin on a $600 topper or for that matter the upgraded display for $650 that they've already engineered and have been using for years on their AFM and MB games

#4988 4 years ago

Huge thank you to Chris at Kingpin for helping haul it downstairs and set it up. Build date is Jan 29, 2020. Based on the serial this is MMr Special Edition number 4 off the line. (3004)

Kingpin rocks!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4989 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Huge thank you to Chris at Kingpin for helping haul it downstairs and set it up. Build date is Jan 29, 2020. Based on the serial this is MMr Special Edition number 4 off the line. (3004)
Kingpin rocks![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome

#4990 4 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

RE gets the sparkle powder coat armour and coin door so it’s a little but cheaper as a package.

#4991 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Kingpin rocks!

IKR.
Amazing pic. Thank you.
Is there a pic of a serial number of some sort?

#4992 4 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

IKR.
Amazing pic. Thank you.
Is there a pic of a serial number of some sort?

The serial number is 3004. The classics start at 2001, the SE start at 3001, I assume royals will start at 4001.

#4993 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Looks great!!

#4994 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Kingpin is an awesome distributor for sure. Congrats on the new game, I'm officially jealous!

#4995 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Dont get me wrong I could care less if I have to wait another 3 months for the upgrades, but there is no chance they are not making a much higher profit margin on a $600 topper or for that matter the upgraded display for $650 that they've already engineered and have been using for years on their AFM and MB games

MMR buyers probably financed a lot of the tech, being first, and the reason why AFMR and MBR machines were cheaper than MMR. All the more reason for some payback to those MMR non-LE buyers especially for the large DMD/upgraded sound option. IMHO. The sound on MMR from the factory is kind of weak compared to the other remakes.

#4996 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

MMR buyers probably financed a lot of the tech, being first, and the reason why AFMR and MBR machines were cheaper than MMR. All the more reason for some payback to those non-LE buyers especially for the large DMD option. IMHO.

OK so its MMrRE, a grail pin worth the extra 2K over the MBrLE and AFMrLE's . Lets just hope this is not the new norm to keep jacking up the price. Can anyone say Stern or JJP

#4997 4 years ago

RE is priced higher so that everyone that wants all of the upgrades essentially pays the same price.

It was done to not piss off the original owners.

#4998 4 years ago

Dumb question. Is there a way to make the speech louder without affecting the music volume?

#4999 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Dumb question. Is there a way to make the speech louder without affecting the music volume?

No.

#5000 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I'm officially jealous!

Me too! Come on CGC sell us the upgrade kits!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 29.95
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
20,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,140 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 203.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-club-all-things-mmr-discussed/page/100?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.