View topic image gallery

DSCN3344.JPG
352602-i.jpg
MMRLE-topper-1.jpg
tron-zino.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I'm trying to decide on the next pin...
Just curious what you guys think

I'm in for either a Medieval Madness Remake, or trying to find a Tron LE.

I have played a Tron Pro many times, but not the LE, I really like the game and it's challenge, and know that I'd love the LE for all the bling...

I've played medieval madness a few times, love it, I play it every day on pinball arcade, and it's driving me to want to get in on the remake.

So, this may be the last Pin I buy for a while, so it's appeal has gotta last me a while. (Other than a bop, and taxi which I'm on the hunt . )

#2 9 years ago

I'm going MMr for long term appeal.

Should put a poll up.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I have played a Tron Pro many times, but not the LE, I really like the game and it's challenge, and know that I'd love the LE for all the bling...

Get a Pro, bling it up to LE-style and what you save will buy you at least half a MMR.

#4 9 years ago

I think Medieval blows away Tron for long term playability. If you do decide to go with Tron, I agree about blinging out a Pro unless $ isn't an issue.

#5 9 years ago

Depends… do you care about your money?

Get a Tron Pro or LE and you should be able to enjoy it without losing too much cash. Or buy an original MM at todays already discounted prices.

Get a NIB MMr and be prepared to lose $1000-$2000 pretty quickly.

#6 9 years ago

Buy a Tron Pro and spend ~1k on mods and chromework.

Put the balance towards an original MM.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Get a Tron Pro or LE and you should be able to enjoy it without losing too much cash. Or buy an original MM at todays already discounted prices.

Many may not like it but TeeKee speaks the truth. If you plan to keep forever and money is not a factor then go buy an original MM and experience the real thing.

If you want to be able to play for a while and then resell, MMr will be a 1-2k hit out of the box (just like all other high production editions are). Drive it off the lot and you will be selling for 2k less in short order.

#8 9 years ago

i would save up and get a tron le for some of these bargain prices that we have seen lately with all the vault nonsense and then get an original mm for again, some of these bargain prices that we have seen with the already supposed to be finished and delivered mmr. you will not regret having both these games. everyone makes pinball mistakes. i am just trying to help you avoid making two here.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Quoted from Whysnow:

Many may not like it but TeeKee speaks the truth. If you plan to keep forever and money is not a factor then go buy an original MM and experience the real thing.
If you want to be able to play for a while and then resell, MMr will be a 1-2 out of the box (just like all other high production editions are). Drive it off the lot and you will be selling for 2k less in short order.

.... so If I'm not in a hurry, and the MMr turns out to be a good game with a really good feel (people love their PPR BBB right?) then I could wait a year or so, then buy a discounted MMr, or maybe a MM after the market has been saturated.

On the Tron side... I haven't done all the research, can the pro be made to be just like the LE? Daft punk mode, recognizer, ramp lights, tron arcade model, chrome and all?

Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

i would save up and get a TRON LE for some of these bargain prices that we have seen lately with all the vault nonsense and then get an original mm for again, some of these bargain prices that we have seen with the already supposed to be finished and delivered mmr. you will not regret having both these games. everyone makes pinball mistakes. i am just trying to help you avoid making two here.

I'd love to have both, but Im running into space issues until I build a game room, which will take a while. I have Arcade machines in the house too, I have 18 machines in the house including a 4 of my pins. so yeah... and yes, everything gets played on a regular basis, My boys don't really understand what consoles are yet (and they're still little kids)

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

.... so If I'm not in a hurry, and the MMr turns out to be a good game with a really good feel (people love their PPR BBB right?) then I could wait a year or so, then buy a discounted MMr, or maybe a MM after the market has been saturated.

Exactly… patience is a virtue and buying NIB especially a remake does not make good (dollars and) sense. Let someone else take the hit and deal with the issues of a brand new untested pin.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

On the Tron side... I haven't done all the research, can the pro be made to be just like the LE? Daft punk mode, recognizer, ramp lights, tron arcade model, chrome and all?

Pretty much and a couple have sold at good prices with all the mods added… good deals coming!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Correct, if in no hurry, then the smartest thing to do is just wait out the full delivery and MMrLE and also there is unlimited MMrpro after that (with no real difference from LE). Prices WILL drop on secondary for remakes. Take a wait and see approach on that one. Also smart as the new tech can be stress tested by others.

For Tron, there will not be a Pro or vault edition with all the features of the original LE. Lights will NOT happen IF they ever do a vault and neither will DP multi. Stern likes money but they also now understand they are on shaky ground with the home collector market. Making a VE of IM was safe since that never had a LE version. Remaking something equivalent to a full LE will not happen and in the case of tron can not happen for logisitical and legal reasons concerning some of the special features of the LE.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

all mods for sure including the ramp light kit from eli but not the code, extra callouts, daft punk multiball, moving recognizer, drop targets, different playfield art, and the whole one of four hundred thing (cert, numbered plaque...)

#13 9 years ago

Both are amazing games! I appreciate Tron for the short ball times & fast and furious play, sometimes I will go to start a game of MM and then think "I don't have time to play MM right now" Tron on the other hand typically kicks my ass in 4 minutes or less (sort of like what IM does to me)

#14 9 years ago

I'm with the majority on this one also. Buy a pro, pimp it out. Or wait to pick up a mmr on the cheap when people can't even give the turds away.

#15 9 years ago

If you have not played a real MM, I would suggest doing so before being one. For me, it's a very different experience playing the real pin versus the virtual version. Sometimes the real thing is more fun and sometimes it's a let down.

I would go for the MMr for the humor and classic style. Tron is okay but not worth LE pricing imo. Waiting a little while and getting MMr used sounds like the smart choice.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For Tron, there will not be a Pro or vault edition with all the features of the original LE. Lights will NOT happen IF they ever do a vault and neither will DP multi.

I agree with this in regard to the LE features. However, if they do a VE, it would be cool to have a NIB with integrated LEDs and the new spike system. This is where I'm at right now. Waiting for the MMRs to hit and see what happens to the market in 6-12 months and waiting for a VE Tron. Or...waiting for the code to vastly improve the modes on ST. Otherwise I'm looking forward to Alien or GoT. LOL....any which way, I'm waiting right now. Have the cash, but in no big hurry to spend it. Patience is a virtue.

#17 9 years ago

Ask yourself: Do you like Funny Medieval girls or Electronic Rave girls?

#18 9 years ago

I'd go Tron LE....MM (remake or original) will be easy to get at anytime, but LE Tron's don't come up very often. So if you get sick of Tron, sell it to easily buy a MM

#19 9 years ago

As others have said go Tron Pro and bling it out to YOUR taste. I'm in a bit of the same boat with a Tron Pro in it's forever home. I personally think my game looks better than any LE out there because I made every mod decision myself. I don't miss the moving recognizer and I'm not good enough to miss DP multiball. I'm actually not a fan of chrome on that game but I am planning to get a nice electric blue powder coat at some point. I have a couple LEs that I regret a little bit because I didn't make the decisions there and they were expensive enough I'm not going to touch them. Take the money you save by buying a Pro and put that towards a steeply discounted HUO MMR in the future and you have two lifetime keepers.

Great - Now I want to blow off work and play Tron all day. Thanks.

#20 9 years ago

MMr without a doubt. Played both, and, sorry, just don't see Tron as long term. JMO

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Ask yourself: Do you like Funny Medieval girls or Electronic Rave girls?

Is that a serious question? you know the answer to this

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Is that a serious question? you know the answer to this

Is this a serious post? Tron LE of course.

#23 9 years ago

Never understood the super love for Tron but I did enjoy it and between the 2 I would go for a Tron LE or modded pro over MM, funny pinball just doesn't work for me at all. MM is a great game but I like the Sci fi feel and gameplay better of Tron.

#24 9 years ago

Im looking for the Tron LE!

Anyone have any leads? HUO, NIB... Prefer HUO, need it shipped to me

#25 9 years ago

Money-wise go with TronLE if you're going to sell at some point in the near future. You WILL lose at least a grand on MMr in the short-term if bought NIB. For gameplay, theme, layout, and rules MM blows ANY version of Tron away. It's not close. MM is a long-term keeper and Tron is not. Simple as that.

#26 9 years ago

MMR. I have had MM and TronLE. Nobody here missed the Tron except the little ones who liked the light show.

#27 9 years ago

Tron LE.
End of line.

#28 9 years ago

easy...

have Tron LE... on order for MMRLE

tron-zino.jpgtron-zino.jpg

MMRLE-topper-1.jpgMMRLE-topper-1.jpg

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Im looking for the TRON LE!

there was a Tron LE on sale outside of houston a while ago.
maybe it hasn't sold yet?

#30 9 years ago

Isn't MM rules just bash the castle over and over for the highest score? Thats how tournament players score big. In comparison Tron strategies vary, even if simpler objectives it might be more balanced.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Isn't MM rules just bash the castle over and over for the highest score? Thats how tournament players score big.

Well that's tournament vs. location/home play.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

there was a TRON LE on sale outside of houston a while ago.
maybe it hasn't sold yet?

It sold.

Marcus

#33 9 years ago

ahhh...

#34 9 years ago

so… how ya keeping the dust off of her while waiting… waiting… waiting… waiting… waiting… waiting
352602-i.jpg352602-i.jpg

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

so… how ya keeping the dust off of her while waiting… waiting… waiting… waiting… waiting… waiting

352602-i.jpg 41 KB

put it on SMB
both have light up castles on the playfield...

plus, the bubble-wrap that came with it has kept me side tracked. trying to ration popping only a few per day.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Isn't MM rules just bash the castle over and over for the highest score? Thats how tournament players score big. In comparison Tron strategies vary, even if simpler objectives it might be more balanced.

Well, yeah if you want to be bored. At home, you go for Battle For the Kingdom and all the cool stuff along the way. For points...yeah, bang away on the castle. I never play for "points"...I play to complete cool shit. Points just come along for the ride while having fun completing tasks. Take STTNG for example...the Neutral Zone is absolutely worthless as far as points go, and a tournament player will never go for that. I play it because it has fun modes and can be a challenge. Points schmoints!

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

trying to ration popping only a few per day.

back off to only popping one per week (Monday's only) and you might have a chance…

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Im looking for the TRON LE!

#363. HUO. PM sent.

DSCN3344.JPGDSCN3344.JPG

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Gotta admit, Teek makes a long term strategy point. But, MMR hopefully will be great. I plan to hopefully pick up an MMR discounted later, sold my Tron le, so been there.

#40 9 years ago

so, Im gonna get both, but get the original MM later on... isn't this the way it should be, just get both!?! only problem is space, so one of the oldies may be leaving soon, I already sold f-14, but picked up a
Radical to take it's place LOL. So maybe a few Arcade machines will go into storage for a bit. My KLOV buddies may roast me for that. I'm sure they'll think Im selling off my Arcades to replace them with pinballs, I love both, Besides won't Tron LE Look great beside a new Tron Arcade?

#41 9 years ago

Yep. They were made for eachother!

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Besides won't TRON LE Look great beside a new Tron Arcade?

I think so!

#43 9 years ago

Having a MM for ages now, still my #1. Would not trade it for a TronLE ever. But TronLE is on my wishlist and is becoming a reality soon, I hope. Both are fantastic!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-or-tronle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.