image-892.jpg
peter-noone.jpg
image-104.jpg
face palm group.gif
image.jpg
Motivation.jpg
vulture-2.jpg
confused-1.png
TvyamNb-BivtNwcoxtkc5xGBuGkIMh_nj4UJHQKuor8Gdrz80EwwX__fSSgJq9n-QN_-d2oW-tCqjA.jpeg
vultures-1.jpg
images.jpg
image.jpg
Marvin Gaye.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 9 years ago

If you already have an MMR paid for, I would just keep it. Even though prices for the original have come down, I doubt you will be able to get one in comparable physical shape for $8k or less.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

The problem is that PPS from the beginning acted like they were in charge but whenever shit hits the fan they blame CCG. I bought directly from PPS thinking I was getting it "factory direct" but apparently they are just a distributor

It is unfortunate it has come to this. Rick has had multiple opportunities to clarify the ownership/relationships but has yet to take one. At Expo 13 it was very clear this was a PPS project (the translite was originally going to have the PPS logo on it) and they dictated a very clear set of requirements to "their distributors" to try and avoid some of the problems that others had (heavy hints were directed in JJPs direction). It's very clear that CG developed the platform. The original story was they did it for PPS. Now we are to believe that CG is calling all the shots. I absolutely guarantee that if most in the room at the time thought this was a CG project it wouldn't have sold out anywhere near as quickly (can you say "Vacation America"?).

At the announcement, it was all about PPS. All that stood in the way of MMR was Roger Sharpe's approval on WMS behalf. The coin mech brouhaha was the first time we hear that this is allegedly not a PPS game - It was CG that made the decision a few days after the non-refund deadline, not PPS. It was CG that did not understand what the UL process entailed. It is CG that is using non-traditional project management methodologies despite the fact that Rick was supposedly this hot shot former mid-level corporate manager with all sorts of PM and production experience. So much so that those of us who had similar experience were told not only did we not know what were talking about, but couldn't possibly begin to understand how complicated it was to manage a project like this.

Rick made it clear he was in control - until something went wrong. Then he took his Pinside marbles home, set up his own private sandbox forum, so that MMR customers could get direct, unfiltered information directly from PPS (it's not on the CG website) without all the Pinside noise. Which worked fine for him until the UL delay. Then the "CG didn't understand Stern's requirements to start production" delay (twice) and now the questions and apparent position change on colorization.

#50 9 years ago

OP - Rick NEVER said that colorization would be free, only that it would likely be free as a perk to LE buyers.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

does the really nice original have coin mechs ?

Mine does.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

WHAT color dmd shenanigans?? they said all along it would be coming eventually, nothing has changed except Pinside decided randomly to start freaking out for no reason over it 2 days ago, and people randomly started speculating it wouldn't happen, based on NOTHING.

where did you read that? last thing i saw from Rick said Chicago Gaming has a guy working on it.

That's not fair. Rick only posted that this afternoon. A few days ago, he said he had no idea what was going on with colorization after there were a number of related questions on the PPS board. Then it was that the production delays caused a resource delay in having work done on colorization (very odd and still unexplained how they could be/are related).

NOW he reports there is someone from CG working on colorization (and presumably the tearing issue). But if there was anyone working on it before today, Rick was downright foolish not to say that when he punted to CG on the issue.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Even though I own a original AFM and MB I would still consider selling my originals to have a fresh new game when they make those (if they ever do so). Originals are old depreciated equipment even though you might have given them a face lift. Problems with the old electronics are inevitable. Who wants an old worn out machine with a face lift if they can upgrade to new like original or better for the same price or less?

Old depreciated equipment? Who cares? Most hobbiests can't depreciate their machines.

Problems with originals may be inevitable. But fixes to those problems are already known.

If your AFM and MB machines are crap, maybe replacing them with repros makes sense. But if they are nice, why bother? We have no idea how reliable the new electronics will be in the remakes or even what the remakes will cost.

You sound like a shill for PPS.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Hardly a shill, just a guy with a valid opinion.

I'll give you "valid opinion", as I think any opinion is valid.

But to say AFM and MB owners should sell their games and "upgrade" to new remakes is pretty far out there. If you can do it with no net additional costs, maybe. But otherwise, the concept has shill written all over it.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'll be around tomorrow all day 408-891-7878 anyone that has any questions on any of these topics, just give me a call - it's 5 mins on the phone vs wasting everyone's time here. If I don't answer I'm probably doing something that is probably important, so either try back or I'll call you back.
thanks,
rick

Answering questions that many have here is far more efficient than having multiple phone calls on the same topics.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I'd be proud to have either in my collection, if the price was right.

That's the right answer!

Everyone should have a Medieval Madness. Pros/cons for either version. My original plan was to have one of each.

1 week later
#99 9 years ago

Ok. How about "any opinion is valid except yours"?

Welcome to my ignore list.

3 weeks later
#196 9 years ago
Quoted from Longone:

MMR for sure played it at Logan's a few times, it looks better the colors are brighter and more vibrant than the 20yr old routed beaters, the light show was amazing and it played a lot faster and flippers were very snappy and you can adjust the flipper strength and bumpers which is great, and if you put an original next to a new MMR ,97 out of 100 would pick the MMR and I think we all know the 3 people on here that wouldn't!

Are you familiar with the word "shill"?

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from Longone:

Are you familiar with the word "Moron"

Yes, it's what we call you.

#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Longone:

Who's we you and your mom?LOL

Don't quit your day job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-or-original?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.