image-892.jpg
peter-noone.jpg
image-104.jpg
face palm group.gif
image.jpg
Motivation.jpg
vulture-2.jpg
confused-1.png
TvyamNb-BivtNwcoxtkc5xGBuGkIMh_nj4UJHQKuor8Gdrz80EwwX__fSSgJq9n-QN_-d2oW-tCqjA.jpeg
vultures-1.jpg
images.jpg
image.jpg
Marvin Gaye.jpg
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Longone:

Who's we you and your mom?LOL

Don't quit your day job.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well the question wasn't MMr or 20 year old routed beater. The Original is 18 years old, but many out there (mine included) have been restored and are better than new.
By the way your 97 out of 100 sounds like bullshit! 97 out of 100 would prefer to actually have their game now, not pay for it and wait more than a year with countless delays and excuses.
So let's recap....
97/100= bullshit
MMr platform is yet to prove itself (let's talk after these games have been on route for 5+ years)
Original has optional color DMD with no screen tearing
My Playfield art is actually centered
My game actually exsists and is in my game room
The original comes with coin mechs

image-892.jpg 16 KB

image-919.jpg 31 KB

and some are un-restored and as good as new.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from Longone:

Who's we you and your mom?LOL

Really dude a your momma joke? I have no doubt MMr will be a great game, no need to drag Mom's into this argument.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

and some are un-restored and as good as new.

Good point!

#205 9 years ago

I personally think you have to go with the original, but I am in this game for the nostalgia....warts and all. I kind of like the idea that a game is actually from the era that I played it (shit in fantasy I could have actually have played this very game at some stage in some dive, or at least folks just like me in the same situation did) For me that is a big part of it. That being said if you don't want to be that picky and you want a great game from your child/teenage hood that isn't going to brake down every five minuets this MMR might be for you. Personally I dont mind it when my great old games break down and I have to fix them..... Makes me feel like someone cares about our time, even if its just us geeks.

#206 9 years ago

Wow you guys are acting like 5 year olds. If someone wants to get an MMr, let them get an MMr and if someone likes an original, let them get /keep an original. Who cares as long as everyone is happy with their decision, but bad mouthing the other just isn't cool.

#207 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I see the point you are trying to make there, however that would make every pinball machine that has ever been made that is out of production an LE. Point I was making is that MMRLE may not even sell 1000 units, so there may end up being very few or no standard units at all.

all 1000 are already sold to distributors - there may be a few that aren't pre-sold to customers before they're built, but there's no chance they won't make the full 1000.

also rarity is not the primary driver of collectibility or value. look at The Addams Family for example -- over 20,000 of them made and it's still a very expensive game, far more desirable than many games that are far more rare.

also a thousand games really isn't all that many - even if only half of all TAFs are still out there, there will still be ten times as many TAFs as MMRLEs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 64.99
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-or-original/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.