image-892.jpg
peter-noone.jpg
image-104.jpg
face palm group.gif
image.jpg
Motivation.jpg
vulture-2.jpg
confused-1.png
TvyamNb-BivtNwcoxtkc5xGBuGkIMh_nj4UJHQKuor8Gdrz80EwwX__fSSgJq9n-QN_-d2oW-tCqjA.jpeg
vultures-1.jpg
images.jpg
image.jpg
Marvin Gaye.jpg
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 9 years ago

MMR for sure I was skeptical until I played it @Logans arcade and was blown away, I never played a new MM so this MMR was a lot faster more responsive, the light show is unreal and how they implemented the shaker motor is awesome, so I went home and did some more research wit a shaker motor adjustable flipper and bumper strength, full LEDs and an LCD screen that will be full color eventually hey it's a no-brainer MMR is the only answer!

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigclock:

MMR for sure I was skeptical until I played it @Logans arcade and was blown away, I never played a new MM so this MMR was a lot faster more responsive, the light show is unreal and how they implemented the shaker motor is awesome, so I went home and did some more research wit a shaker motor adjustable flipper and bumper strength, full LEDs and an LCD screen that will be full color eventually hey it's a no-brainer MMR is the only answer!

LOL! How many different accounts can one person have? How much is PPS paying you? Or maybe this is PPS! Does Rick drive a Honda?

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigclock:

hey it's a no-brainer MMR is the only answer!

Bet you think Quibids is the best auction site also.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigclock:

HondaNut is back yet again. Unbelievable.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigclock:

Mods we need an IP check on isle 5 please.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Bet you think Quibids is the best auction site also.

No I think you moms the best LOL!!!

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

LOL! How many different accounts can one person have? How much is PPS paying you? Or maybe this is PPS! Does Rick drive a Honda?

Neither you truly are a PUNK !

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigclock:

I've never in the history of the internet seem a post with "it's a no-brainer!!!" in it that was actually a no-brainer.

it's a sure tip off.

#109 9 years ago

How many distributors are selling MMR's?

I know PPS & pinball sales have them for $8k...pinball sales would probably be cheaper due to Cali taxes being more than shipping.

I've seen a couple of other places selling them for $8500, not sure what the difference between the two prices are.

Robert

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

How many distributors are selling MMR's?

None… they have them for sale but on one is actually buying them.

Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I've seen a couple of other places selling them for $8500, not sure what the difference between the two prices are.

You mean trying to sell them for $8500… to actual sell them they need to be closer to $7000-$7500.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You mean trying to sell them for $8500… to actual sell them they need to be closer to $7000-$7500

Is anyone actually selling them for this?

Robert

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Is anyone actually selling them for this?
Robert

$8000-$8500 No… $7200-$7500 several sold here.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Relax ! Not trying to start a shit storm but things are different with pps now, Do you have $8000 out there ? If not then your imput is not needed

I hate to tell you this but it does look like you are trying start a shit storm here to get yourself some karma points. And for your information I got my refund months ago. Do some research before you come to the site and insult people.

#114 9 years ago

( ((drain)) )

1 week later
#115 9 years ago

I'm sure both options are fine, I sold mine 15 months ago , good condition, to buy a new one after the announcement was made it would be re-run.

I hoped a six month wait at that time , but now after waiting and waiting one does get fed up, I played a MMR, super game, but I've just now got a perfectly pristine restored original, plays like a nib, modded to the brim , for a little more then the remake would cost me, but, i have it now, couldn't wait anymore and the family is happy again,pins need to be played now, not later.

so, if you can hold on , mmr or original, , win win!

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I've just now got a perfectly pristine restored original, plays like a nib, modded to the brim , for a little more then the remake would cost me

Congrats! You did the right thing for sure… your money is safe with the original.

Quoted from steigerpijp:

I hoped a six month wait at that time , but now after waiting and waiting one does get fed up

Some guys will continue to believe every excuse Rick can throw at them. Who knows what's really going on behind the scenes… we will never know for sure. I think Rick knows that being upfront with the truth from the beginning would probably trigger a flurry of refund demands.

Anyone have the Vegas Odds for what will happen this Monday?

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

your money is safe with the original.

If you are concerned with protecting your money sell now!!

Quoted from Snowhyt:

Yup and the market top for originals is over. Like I said before the originals will likely always command a premium over a remake. Moving forward there is going to be less demand for any original that will be remade.

Quoted from teekee:

Yep, I agree...

Quoted from teekee:

Hope it all works out... the sooner you guys get your $8000 MMr's the sooner the smart guys will get their $6000 HUO MMr's.

So if a HUO MMr will sell for $6000 how much more will an original drop?

All things being equal I'd guess a little more than $6000.

Quoted from steigerpijp:

but I've just now got a perfectly pristine restored original, plays like a nib, modded to the brim , for a little more then the remake would cost me

Before MMr the game above would have easily sold for $10000 to $12000

Sell those AFM's before they announce the Remake!!

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Snowhyt:

So if a HUO MMr will sell for $6000 how much more will an original drop?
All things being equal I'd guess a little more than $6000.

You're dreaming Rick!

Once all these remakes finally get delivered (who knows when that will be) and they get opened up and played they will just become one of the many used, remakes. A remake with no name… blah! The remake excitement will be over and many will wonder why they ever spent 8 grand on a fake when they could have had the real deal...

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from Snowhyt:

Before MMr the game above would have easily sold for $10000 to $12000
Sell those AFM's before they announce the Remake!!

Well, I bought my MM, MB, AFM . . . way back when they were "thousands" of dollars less than (cough) $8K.

So your saying my $2,800 investment in AFM is not safe? Since I was not planning on selling them ever I guess I'll let my family worry about that one after I'm dead.

Oh, I vote for original anyway. I'm too old and too many LEDs is annoying to my eyes. And surface mount? I like being able to change them when needed / preferred. I can also fix just about anything on a WPC system. You have to learn to fix if your going to own these things. I don't know what your going to do when that dropped screw that always gets lost shorts out that "Body-Board".

But then most people people paying $8K think a new game means nothing will go wrong (snicker).

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You're dreaming Rick!

Which teekee is this? Make up your mind is the top over or not? Will there be less demand for originals or not?

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

So your saying my $2,800 investment in AFM is not safe? Since I was not planning on selling them ever I guess I'll let my family worry about that one after I'm dead.

Thats good for you. I started out by saying if your worried about money.

Fact MM has dropped in value significantly. Whatever remake is next will do the same.

#122 9 years ago

Unless Rick gets so sick of the crap on the message boards he decides one and done. He's trying to do a cool thing. Get more of a fun game into people's hands. But he's also finding out how crazy collectors are.

As for value and worried about money? The only people who should be in it for the money is operators. If your buying a pinball machine as an investment . . .

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Unless Rick gets so sick of the crap on the message boards he decides one and done. He's trying to do a cool thing.

I'm guessing that Rick will be able to persevere. Somehow...

Motivation.jpgMotivation.jpg
#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Snowhyt:

Fact MM has dropped in value significantly. Whatever remake is next will do the same.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from Snowhyt:

The MM remake has set a NEW standard as it becomes the first NIB pin to be sold several times already well BELOW ORIGINAL COST… before production even begins!

How low can you go??

Of course production is finally starting on Monday… which Monday remains to be seen.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The MM remake has set a NEW standard as it becomes the first NIB pin to be sold several times already well BELOW ORIGINAL COST… before production even begins!

Quoted from Snowhyt:

Whatever remake is next will do the same.

Noone knows!

#127 9 years ago

face palm group.gifface palm group.gif
#128 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

How low can you go??

The real question is how low can you go?

What does oil. Wall-Mart and pin flippers have in common?

Falling prices!!

Get them A titles your hoarding out of storage and sell them fast before the bottom drops.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Snowhyt:

They all produce billions of dollars a year in profit...

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

They all produce billions of dollars a year in profit...

Well played.

But like the Saudi's if you want to keep market share.

Quoted from Snowhyt:

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from Snowhyt:

Get them A titles your hoarding out of storage and sell them fast before the bottom drops.

Last time I looked The bottom in my machine looks like its pretty solid still, and looks like it wont be dropping out for a while, and besides future value speculating , there's is also enjoyment to be had from pinballs, like playing them, right now..

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Last time I looked The bottom in my machine looks like its pretty solid still, and looks like it wont be dropping out for a while, and besides future value speculating , there's is also enjoyment to be had from pinballs, like playing them, right now..

I totally agree.. When I check games played on my pins to if I was paying to play on site, well half my collection the pins have paid for themselves plus some

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Snowhyt:

Falling prices!!

Do you guys really think that 2015 will be the year that pinball prices start to drop? I just came back from Playdium store and they had 50 people on the waiting list for MMr within one hour of taking orders. If the pins are all taken by owners you will see prices rise. Their location MM still generates over 10K per year profit. The demand for that pin is astounding.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I just came back from Playdium store and they had 50 people on the waiting list for MMr within one hour of taking orders. If the pins are all taken by owners you will see prices rise. Their location MM still generates over 10K per year profit. The demand for that pin is astounding.

You forget that PPS is going to run unlimited standard editions. That should keep supply in check with demand. If you want one, they will be available for the foreseeable future.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Last time I looked The bottom in my machine looks like its pretty solid still

The bottom will probably never drop out on MMrLE. It is being made of solid wood. Unless of course it is being held together with cheap glue.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The bottom will probably never drop out on MMrLE. It is being made of solid wood. Unless of course it is being held together with cheap glue.

MMr super duper LE version included Guerrilla Glue for the bottom. Those will be on the line in the 2nd quarter… or was that the 2nd Monday? 2nd Monday of the 2nd quarter?

#137 9 years ago

Sadly I couldn't even get on the waitlist for MMr.

#138 9 years ago

I'm guessing most are paying about $8500 shipped for the LE. For people to speculate the common price for a HUO MMRLE will be $6,000 6 months after delivery that's simply not possible unless the machine fails on every level.

I could see a $500-$1000 loss for sure, but it's still going to provide more features than a brand new standard also at $8500. Don't get me wrong. it might lose even more than $1,000 if people have buyers remorse or whatever, but seriously a $2500 loss on average is just ridiculous.

#139 9 years ago

I actually haven't seen any pin go down in price 6 months later. Take WoZ for example, I have been looking for the LE but according to the pinside marketplace they still go for well above what the NIB price was.
MM is rated higher and has a huge following, I wouldn't expect the MMr to drop in price at all since the demand is so high. I would expect the original MM to drop as supply from MMr drops demand.

#140 9 years ago

MM is rated higher and has a huge following, I wouldn't expect the MMr to drop in price at all since the demand is so high. I would expect the original MM to drop as supply from MMr drops demand.

Ok let me make sure I have this straight... 1000 MMr LE will hit the market plus unlimited MMr standards (same game) and they won't drop in value at all, BUT the original MM which has already fallen in price will drop more because supply from MMr will drop demand on the original MM ONLY and MMr will be immune to these market forces???
Let me know when Rod Serling steps out of the shadows because I think we just entered the Twilight Zone.
image-104.jpgimage-104.jpg

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok let me make sure I have this straight... 1000 MMr LE will hit the market plus unlimited MMr standards (same game) but they won't drop in value at all, BUT the original MM which has already fallen in price will drop more because supply from MMr will drop demand on the original MM ONLY and MMr will be immune to these market forces???
Let me know when Rod Serling steps out of the shadows because I think we just entered the Twilight Zone.

image-104.jpg 24 KB

Personally I don't agree that MM value will continue to drop while MMR stays steady or even rises, but I guess anything is possible since they are 2 totally different animals.

#142 9 years ago

Sadly I couldn't even get on the waitlist for MMr.

Keep your eyes peeled on PINSIDE seen a few go for $7500 here... Heck you could of bought this one for $7200!! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-le-black-trim-fs

#143 9 years ago

Ok let me make sure I have this straight... 1000 MMr LE will hit the market plus unlimited MMr standards (same game) but they won't drop in value at all, BUT the original MM which has already fallen in price will drop more because supply from MMr will drop demand on the original MM ONLY and MMr will be immune to these market forces???

Since the original MM is priced much higher than the MMr mainly due to demand, as supply of the lower priced MMr satisfies the demand, it will be the MM that will take the greatest price drop. The gap between the original MM and the MMr will become less. Since people just bought their new MMrs, they are unlikely going to give them up at a loss. Its not Twilight Zone Economics but basic Economics 101.

#144 9 years ago

unlimited MMr standards

I get the feeling that will be the true LE out of all of them.

#145 9 years ago

Keep your eyes peeled on PINSIDE seen a few go for $7500 here... Heck you could of bought this one for $7200!! https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-le-black-trim-fs

That one sold soooo fast thatit proves my point

#146 9 years ago

Since people just bought their new MMrs, they are unlikely going to give them up at a loss. Its not Twilight Zone Economics but basic Economics 101.

If they need the money they will. Why would anyone pay the same price for a second hand pin if a NIB is the same price?

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I get the feeling that will be the true LE out of all of them.

Noone feels the same way.

#148 9 years ago

peter-noone.jpgpeter-noone.jpg

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Since people just bought their new MMrs, they are unlikely going to give them up at a loss. Its not Twilight Zone Economics but basic Economics 101.
If they need the money they will. Why would anyone pay the same price for a second hand pin if a NIB is the same price?

devils advocate- why would they pay for an unproven game design? WPC is solid and tested.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

devils advocate- why would they pay for an unproven game design? WPC is solid and tested.

Sorry bro, I was trying quote SuperPinball on my phone.. Fail, lol

I love the WPC & WPC95 system, easy to fix & well proven with over 20+ years out on site,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-or-original/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.