(Topic ID: 196582)

MMR or MM buying advise from real owners.

By hoby1

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bkaelin
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Based on present value, condition and reliability would you by an NIB MMr or original MM”

• MMr standard 64 votes
    56%
  • MM original 40 votes
    35%
  • Neither..... roll the dice for an under featured Stern 10 votes
    9%

(114 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20170827-144214 (resized).png
20170224_234201 (resized).jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Is it crazing. If so very normal

Probably called crazing but according to the definition it preceeds fracture. Anyone think this is a warranty issue or not?

#52 6 years ago

No ...... crazing is not a fracture . Crazing happens when the playfield is sanded with the belt sander. In some cases it tre inserts have tiny fissures in the plastic , after clearing they show up. A the very least you know the clear is biting the inserts

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

No ...... crazing is not a fracture . Crazing happens when the playfield is sanded with the belt sander. In some cases it tre inserts have tiny fissures in the plastic , after clearing they show up. A the very least you know the clear is biting the inserts

I don't remember seeing the cracks when The machine was new. That's what is concerning to me. It's not a full surface crazing. It is in spot locations.

#54 6 years ago

Take a pic and send it to them. Not sure

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Anyone have spiderwebbing (small sharp cracks in the clear) above the inserts on MMR? It is most prevalent in the Hurryup Large red insert at the castle drawbridge but my machine has this in most inserts now.

Quoted from hoby1:

I think you are right. I am 90% sure that these patterns are scratches on top of the inserts from factory sanding of the playfield. Excellent info thanks!

#56 6 years ago

Two months ago, I initiated a thread about the new MMR LE NIB, that I had been "lucky" to receive after months of unexpected delaying event. Will not go into details, but it was the worse machine condition I never met when buying new pins. Fortunately, many owners are delighted by this pin. For me CGC games are no longer welcome. Thats only one experience.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Two months ago, I initiated a thread about the new MMR LE NIB, that I had been "lucky" to receive after months of unexpected delaying event. Will not go into details, but it was the worse machine condition I never met when buying new pins. Fortunately, many owners are delighted by this pin. For me CGC games are no longer welcome. Thats only one experience.

What happened?

#58 6 years ago

Did not want to put negative things as I already expressed my feeling, but some will consider me as a .... if I do not explain.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-le-received-this-morning-sad-story

Again, my own experience only, do not want to discourage anybody.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Did not want to put negative things as I already expressed my feeling, but some will consider me as a .... if I do not explain.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-le-received-this-morning-sad-story
Again, my own experience only, do not want to discourage anybody.

No problem, sorry about your frustration. Thanks for the link.

#60 6 years ago

Those may have been build by Stern. The last and latest run just coming out is build by CG just like AFMr

#61 6 years ago

Does anyone know if the black MMR LE had any issues with them or were built by CGC or Stern

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Does anyone know if the black MMR LE had any issues with them or were built by CGC or Stern

Pretty much all the MMRs so far were built at Stern for CGC... bar maybe a small run of really recent ones.

They got all set up to do their own manufacture tho and all the remakes going forward from the AFMR release will be built at CGC.

#63 6 years ago

Any thing that is being build now is by CG.... My game will arrive in two week and be delivered shortly after. These are the last 250 before full production goes to AFMr.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Any thing that is being build now is by CG.... My game will arrive in two week and be delivered shortly after. These are the last 250 before full production goes to AFMr.

They're stopping production of MMR?

#65 6 years ago

I wasn't really up on the detail of the remake but Instatyed to look for an MM just over a year ago and found more about MMR. Bought an MR and haven't looked back. It's a solid game that's very well made. Whilst I know some people claim it feels different I have to say I struggle to get this feeling, geo is identical. Having seen "top" quality MM's I'm so glad I didn't go down that route. As noted above fully restored is probably the best original route but potentially a pricey prop. My MMR has needed nothing done to it - I put cliffys in thats it - It's been my most reliable pinball and the distributor here in the U.K. echos that sentiment. Ordering an AFMR was a no brainer. I also have Monster Bash and if that is the next next remake - I'll be selling my original and buying the remake.

Neil

Neil

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

From what I heard ...... for now yes . Not sure if thats for good but seems logical. Thats why I placed my order and it will be arriving soon.

#67 6 years ago

I think it's 250, finish production of AFMR LE machines, then do another 250 MMR. Not sure on any being built after that. Guessing if demand is there it will be done.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

They can't make them forever but they're not "limited" so if demand is there they will do more down the road.

But they have to finish the LE and CE AFMRs and start building the SE someday!

#69 6 years ago

MMR = bad product for yuppies.

I prefer playing on my Zac pinball champ 82. For the moment the acdc changes my mind. Not for long I am afraid.
What's the point of making new from old ? Money, money and money. Sh... I purchased, sold within 3 months and never do that again.

#70 6 years ago

Just traded my MM of 15 years for a MMr. Both play excellent and similar. As clean as my old MM was, I like the new everything. I think someone else said it best, go with what you can afford. An old route beater can play just as well as one new out of the box. Both will require some work and tweaking. As long as it is MM, it's all good.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

MMR = bad product for yuppies.
I prefer playing on my Zac pinball champ 82. For the moment the acdc changes my mind. Not for long I am afraid.
What's the point of making new from old ? Money, money and money. Sh... I purchased, sold within 3 months and never do that again.

Seriously..... you had a bad coindoor and back box latch. Move on. Was that the first NIB game you ever bought.

I probably purchased over 25 new games and from what I have seen and what most say the game quality is second to none. Many new Sterns don't even boot right out of the box or there are serious issues. WTF

I got your input the first time no need to keep beating it to death.

I bought one and am soooo glad I did. Can't wait for it to arrive.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I got your input the first time no need to keep beating it to death.
I bought one and am soooo glad I did. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Alright, but what is the point of opening a thread if you already made your mind, purchased the pin, and then "criticize" members who do not share your view ? Anyway, have fun with your new machine, that's the most important

#73 6 years ago

Does anyone know where you get the MMR catapult chase light mod?

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Alright, but what is the point of opening a thread if you already made your mind, purchased the pin, and then "criticize" members who do not share your view ? Anyway, have fun with your new machine, that's the most important

I'm not ...... I did not make up my mind at that time. I heard your view ( multiple times ) now I would like others. Thanks you

#75 6 years ago

Last time I checked medieval madness was #1 on pinside 100 and it was that way 17 years ago also when I first starting collecting it was number 1 also some things never change. It's a KILLER GAME

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Last time I checked medieval madness was #1 on pinside 100 and it was that way 17 years ago also when I first starting collecting it was number 1 also some things never change. It's a KILLER GAME

IPDB has the longest lasting "Top XX" list I can remember, and TZ has had it on lock at #1 pretty much the whole time. MM is #5, still pretty respectable.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

IPDB has the longest lasting "Top XX" list I can remember, and TZ has had it on lock at #1 pretty much the whole time. MM is #5, still pretty respectable.

FWIW, statistically speaking, sample size is far more important to meaningful data than the age of the database. And even though the Pinside top 100 is far from accurate, it is still far more accurate than IPDB ; there are top 20 rated PS pins with over 10X more reviews than on IPDB.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

FWIW, statistically speaking, sample size is far more important to meaningful data than the age of the database. And even though the Pinside top 100 is far from accurate, it is still far more accurate than IPDB ; there are top 20 rated PS pins with over 10X more reviews than on IPDB.

Oh sure. But it still goes to show that there is no way to point to a user generated top xx list as any kind of an authority.

#79 6 years ago

I just installed the color upgrade in an MMR standard, and man I gotta say, I wouldn't trade it for an original at this point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-or-mm-buying-advise-from-real-owners/page/2?hl=mnpinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.